CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to fix the issue. The problem is the copyrighted music. There are embedded codes that restrict the devices the copyrighted music can be played on, so no mobile devices! I'm trying to see what I can do but youtube video manager is down right now. Sorry.

Worst case scenario, you can re-render the video with copyright-free soundtracks, and then upload - maybe for just the mobile version. If you try to use the YouTube api to "replace soundtrack" then none of the audio interviews will be there for Karen and Mike, because it will strip all current audio.

Then, on the regular computer widescreen version, add a note and link to the mobile version so people can jump over quickly.

Hope that helps! :twocents:

It's already got over a hundred views and it's only been up for awhile. I hope it helps.

I am SOOO not a big softy but thanks to you, Gitana1, I can't stop crying after watching your incredibly touching and well made video. If that doesn't help bring Bryce home I don't know what will. You are awesome! :blowkiss:

I am trying to fix the issue. The problem is the copyrighted music. There are embedded codes that restrict the devices the copyrighted music can be played on, so no mobile devices! I'm trying to see what I can do but youtube video manager is down right now. Sorry.

Worst case scenario, you can re-render the video with copyright-free soundtracks, and then upload - maybe for just the mobile version. If you try to use the YouTube api to "replace soundtrack" then none of the audio interviews will be there for Karen and Mike, because it will strip all current audio.

Then, on the regular computer widescreen version, add a note and link to the mobile version so people can jump over quickly.

Hope that helps! :twocents:

But the music is so pivotal to the video. The best I can do, I think, is try to contact the copyright holders and get permission. But frankly, I am out of time. I have been moving my office and with work and the video, I can't spend more time on it right now. (You should see my house! Ugh!).

But the music is so pivotal to the video. The best I can do, I think, is try to contact the copyright holders and get permission. But frankly, I am out of time. I have been moving my office and with work and the video, I can't spend more time on it right now. (You should see my house! Ugh!).

I know.. music adds so much. But there are very moving and emotional soundtracks with vocals, even - and later, maybe just for the mobile version, that could be changed out. Let me know if I can help - my better half has video rendering stuff and even music... ;)

What a beautiful tribute to this young man! I started crying about halfway through it. You did a wonderful thing, Gitana.

It's already got over a hundred views and it's only been up for awhile. I hope it helps.

Thank you so much for creating the video. It is a great job and I love how you incorporated the missing poster. Its wonderful and I hope it helps to find him.

If Bryce is alive, it may end up being up to him, to make contact with his parents. IF he left to in order to get away from all of the structures in his life, whether planned or in reaction to the last straw of the wreck, he may also resent the idea that strangers are looking for him and reporting "sightings" of him all over the place (if he was feeling overly-monitored before, for example.) jMO

I kind of think maybe we should take something learned in the situation with Caron and her daughter and apply it here. There is nothing to suggest these parents had a tight leash on their son, but a lot to suggest something was happening with Bryce's behavior that began to worry them and eventually got to the point where they felt a critical emergency could be occurring.

We do not know everything that was happening at the time that made the mom ask people to check on her son and send LE to find him.

I think if they were that controlling, she wouldn't have allowed Bryce to move away, Bryce would not have had a girlfriend the family seems close to and Karen would not have said to give Bryce's keys back.

Also, both police and the roadside assistance guy reported that Bryce seemed in good spirits, not "angry".

It could be true, though, that Bruce became paranoid and felt he was being watched and thus tried to escape that, but Bryce was not being tracked or surveilled or hunted like a James Bond character.

You know, I have three brother in laws who I helped raise because they have no dad and mom is mentally ill. They are just dumb as stumps sometimes. They range now from 17 to 21, and to me, still lack significant maturity. They are still babies in many ways when it comes to the world, despite having a rough upbringing.

If one of them spontaneously began a road trip on a path and at a length they had never taken before, and started acting oddly before or during the trip, I would be sending the cavalry out after them if they didn't arrive on time. I'm not into helicoptering but this just sounds like a justifiably concerned parent.

I think this proves what I said above. Kern county LE clearly found that something was alarming enough that they better try to locate and then question a young man who was just a bit late in arriving after a road trip home. They don't tend to jump at the commands of nervous moms. There has to be something more.

Well Bryce is missing under odd circumstances so now the low odds become significant.

My 19 year old BIL just described a friend of his to me saying, "Everuthing good about being a human, that's Mikey, in one person.".

Kids that age can be passionate, feel intensely about their problems and view their friends as their saviors.

Sorry to be disagreeable. While BL is certainly missing in somewhat mysterious circumstances, I don't think that justifies skewing probability to make morbid speculations.
I find it more probable that he would do himself harm (by putting himself in vulnerable situations for what ever reason) than be the unwitting victim of foul play.

Not working on my iPhone either :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was able to view it with my iPhone with the Puffin app.

Thank you for making this amazing video.

I read that they are doing another search this weekend and were asking if individuals wanted to search on their own. They seem to be focusing on the east side of the lake and continue to focus on the east side of the lake.

Do we know why? Is there a reason they are doing more searches at the lake? Do we know why they are focusing on the eastside of the lake even though the dogs tracked him to the westside of the lake?

...SNIPPED.....

Glad to hear a search is being planned.
I too would like to know what if anything is causing them to concentrate on the east side. Wondering if there is a piece of information that they know that we dont know about?

My iphone geotags, but I'm not sure it does if I turn off "Location Services."

I have a camcorder, which has a gps too, but that also can be turned off. Some cameras have them, some don't, but I'm seeing it more often in newer cameras, especially the higher end.

This is the feature I've spoken out about on other case threads as I heard about it on a talk show but didn't/couldn't understand the details of what the warning was other than this location indicator can be dangerous. Today I finally get it thanks to the subject coming up in this thread.

When a teenage girl or young woman (or anybody) sends a selfie via twitter and has her geotag location thingy activated, it opens up an opportunity for a pervert to almost instantaneously track her location through the picture. The problem is, many people are unaware their location is revealed when sending a picture and may setup a situation where they become vulnerable. Someone could wait outside a place for you or if a photo is taken where you live, a bad guy could show up and stalk you or worse. What's the positive purpose of having this feature anyway? If there is one, young people have to be made aware of the potentially nefarious use too.

Right. I guess when I talk about rolling, I'm talking about the SUV accident. I think he was trying to get around the locked gate to drive down to the boat ramp next to the dam or the dam itself, who knows, when he crashed. There also appears to be a washed out dirt road down to the water but that looks like it'd be tough to drive down. Honestly if you were trying to crash down a slope as a suicide, there are plenty of steeper and more accessible places to do it from, like the church on the hilltop close by...

Speaking of the church on the hilltop, I posted about the church a thread or two ago. Another poster asked if anything in the area drew anyone in and I answered the church. There's a very tall cross there and a picture on the website shows an outward view of the lake at night with hundreds of twinkling lights. Quite a beautiful view from the Lake Hillls Community Church at nighttime. Here's the link again.
http://www.lakehillscommunity.org/

There's been an assumption that the area is very dark at night but when I saw the picture from the church, I asked if the lights surrounding the lake are there/on every night as obviously they, well, provide light. No one ever answered me (boo-hoo). I'm still curious though about the night lights as they could be the reason Bryce wanted to park near the tower - to take in a similar view.

Also, since Bryce texted his friend, "You saved my soul.", I think he may have been drawn to the area where the church is located. They sure have a nice spot there.

Sorry to be disagreeable. While BL is certainly missing in somewhat mysterious circumstances, I don't think that justifies skewing probability to make morbid speculations.
I find it more probable that he would do himself harm (by putting himself in vulnerable situations for what ever reason) than be the unwitting victim of foul play.

It's okay. I was playing devil's advocate a bit. I actually don't think he was the victim of foul play, but you never know.

Still isn't working for me

Still not working for me either. I think there is a setting to allow on mobile devices.

Not working on my iPhone either :(

I was able to view it with my iPhone with the Puffin app.

Thank you for making this amazing video.

I'm so sorry guys. It is a copyright issue that may or may not be fixable. But I don;t have the time to do that right now. Would someone be willing to post in the comments on Bryce's FB page, where people are complaining about it not being viewable via a mobile device, about the Puffin App.?

I think the family would rally appreciate that!!!

The video makes Bryce so real, his character shows up so much. And the heartbreak his parents are going through is palpable. This is exactly what we needed, for Bryce to be real to people so they get invested with their hearts to make it a mission to look for him. Great job, Gitana.

It's okay. I was playing devil's advocate a bit. I actually don't think he was the victim of foul play, but you never know.

I'm so sorry guys. It is a copyright issue that may or may not be fixable. But I don;t have the time to do that right now. Would someone be willing to post in the comments on Bryce's FB page, where people are complaining about it not being viewable via a mobile device, about the Puffin App.?

I think the family would rally appreciate that!!!

Not that I know anything about the Puffin App but would be happy to post on FBL FB page. You did an amazing job Gitana and some will just have to wait to get in front of their PC's for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne