CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read some information on this young man, but nothing I read said where he had been or why he had stayed away. Was he a run away or did he have an accident? tia

My sense is he has a mental condition. I gathered that from his look in photos, the fact that he was labeled "endangered missing" and the fact that he is now in the hospital.

My sense is he has a mental condition. I gathered that from his look in photos, the fact that he was labeled "endangered missing" and the fact that he is now in the hospital.

Also it seems his family had an idea where to find him and that he had left on his own.

here is more info from a insider on the recently found young man. Thank God he was found!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...31789723.16916.100005226097140&type=1&theater

ETA: Person speaking of his current condition is his Grandmother

Thank god he was found. This situation hits so close to home and my heart as my son was found many times in Psych hospitals when he would have episodes/breakdown after going off his medication and or after taking large amounts of Adderall and would go missing. Other times he was saved numerous times about to jump off roofs of hotels and high rise buildings in San Francisco and northern Ca.

Like I said before he has a guardian angel looking out for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank god he was found. This situation hits so close to home and my heart as my son was found many times in Psych hospitals when he would have episodes/breakdown after going off his medication and or after taking large amounts of Adderall and would go missing. Other times he was saved numerous times about to jump off roofs of hotels and high rise buildings in San Francisco and northern Ca.

Like I said before he has a guardian angel looking out for him.

I saw this post and thought Bryce was found. Incredibly crushed right now :(

I know exactly how you feel white. Been thru much of the same with my son :(

I hope and pray that Bryce is found soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Thanks for the info about the earrings and tattoo. About the car. Whether Bryce had the car ownership in his name or not, does anyone think it would be fair to say Bryce might have been worried about crashing the car? Regardless of how his family usually reacted, I wonder if he could be getting things out of all proportion in his mind at the moment, with the attention that's ensued?

I'm looking for reasons to hope Bryce is out there and doesn't feel able to come forward, because I'd love to see him brought home safe. I fear all the searches at the Lake may lead people to think there is no point in looking anywhere else, and he might get missed if he's out there.

Is it just me, or are there the following things that make Bryce easily identifiable if you are looking out for him?

Natural red hair
distinctive, big wide smile and teeth
Tattoo
pierced ears/earrings
tall

The only thing that could be changed easily would be the hair color, imo.

I am glad that person found was not Bryce but sad someone has lost a loved one. Rest in Peace now, whoever you are.

Good post. Re: your first question yes, I think it's fair to say nearly anyone would be pretty upset about that accident and totaling their car. Anyone... but especially a young college student.

About the distinguishing characteristics, I agree with most of your list.

- To the natural red hair I might add - and eyebrows. I guess it's kind of a given, but his eyebrows look quite red to me, moreso than some redheads I've known (or maybe his hair's just thicker so they look redder?).

- Also typical of redheads, but - fair skin. Even if he's been out in the sun, my guess is he doesn't tan easily.

- Tattoo - left arm, Taurus bull head with Roman numerals for his birth date. I'm going to look for an earlier post that had more details about the tattoo.

- Height - IMO, and maybe I just have a lot of tall family and friends, but to me 5'10" or 5'11" (I've seen both reported for Bryce) isn't particularly tall. Not short by any means, but to me when I picture "tall" as a descriptor I picture someone who would be noticeably taller than the majority of people in a crowd, and IMO I don't think Bryce would be. My husband for example is 6' and he doesn't stand out as particularly tall most places.

And yes, for the other person found, Rest In Peace. I hope his family finds some small measure of comfort in knowing what happened to him, whoever it is.

I think that more detailed information regarding the day before Bryce disappeared and the way he was acting leading up to when he disappeared could possibly help people to get a better idea of where Bryce was coming from, and therefore help people to get a better idea of what actions he took after the crash. Why did someone take away his keys? He was acting odd. Okay, but odd in what way? That could mean so many things. Acting agitated or rather acting high? A big difference between the two, and acting "odd" could really mean a numerous amount of things. The way he was acting in more detail could shed light on what was happening with him.

Obviously the fact that the family has this information has not helped them bring Bryce home. However, it could help someone else bring Bryce home. 100 heads are better than one.

At the same time, the above information (how exactly he was acting before the crash) could possibly lead people to the conclusion that he left on his own which could discourage people from searching more. It's a double edged sword in my opinion.

All JMO and all.

Dragracerz had elaborated a bit more to us on Bryce's "acting weird" prior to the taking away of his car keys incident. When Quester asked, "What was BL doing while "acting weird?"", Dragracerz answered, "like on drugs, not normal". And, when Quester asked, "was he showing signs of mental illness?" , he answered, "no"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

Here we go - details on the tattoo, courtesy of Dragracerz and Caron (two of our verified insiders). Bulleted info from this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1.

• Taurus (bull) for his Zodiac sign - birthday is April 30
  • Roman Numerals IV is for 4 (April) *advertiser censored* is for 30th
  • Got it this year in California
  • M and a K on the tattoo for his Mom's and Dad's first initials

This is the best pic I've been able to find of the tattoo, available on the Find Bryce FB page and on Google Image search:

1185179_619793888065018_1774353764_n.jpg

It's not specified in the post above but it looks to me like there's another Roman numeral at the bottom under the Taurus symbol. Looks like MCMXCIV which would be 1994, so I'm assuming his birth year. I personally can't find the M and K, so I'm not sure where those are. I'm sure they're there, I'm just missing them. The Taurus is probably somewhat common but the Roman numerals, especially those specific numerals, make it very distinctive IMO.

Dragracerz had elaborated a bit more to us on Bryce's "acting weird" prior to the taking away of his car keys incident. When Quester asked, "What was BL doing while "acting weird?"", Dragracerz answered, "like on drugs, not normal". And, when Quester asked, "was he showing signs of mental illness?" , he answered, "no"

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

I guess the family had to go off info about his behavior based on what his friends had to say? I wonder if they would recognize mental illness or a breakdown, or something other than a temporary "high" from a drug.

How would he say no to mental illness and yes to drugs? believe you me be being delusional, paranoid, erratic behavior, racing thoughts, mania, depression, focusing, shaking or whatever the symptoms may be MI can display the exact same symptoms as someone under the influence of certain types of drugs. I have dealt with this for 10years. There is a very fine line between the two with almost identical symptoms.

It doesn't matter about whether he was on drugs or not. It has no bearing on finding him at this point as Cat has stated. We just have to focus on where he could be at this point in time.

I guess the family had to go off info about his behavior based on what his friends had to say? I wonder if they would recognize mental illness or a breakdown, or something other than a temporary "high" from a drug.

I personally didn't recognize mental illness behavior in my own son. In fact I accused him of drug usage on numerous occasions. I didn't find out that there was no drug use until Drs did hair follicle tests (they too thought his behavior was drug related). I accused my son because he was curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth and saying "I'm scared, I'm scared" breaks my heart now that I know it was the voices in his head and the delusions he was experiencing that scared him, and not brought on by drugs :(

I'm not saying that this is what Bryce was experiencing. Just expressing my own experience. At the time, there was no way anyone could convince me that my son was not doing drugs. His behavior completely mimicked that of someone who was. JMO

Everything above is JMO!

I personally didn't recognize mental illness behavior in my own son. In fact I accused him of drug usage on numerous occasions. I didn't find out that there was no drug use until Drs did hair follicle tests (they too thought his behavior was drug related). I accused my son because he was curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth and saying "I'm scared, I'm scared" breaks my heart now that I know it was the voices in his head and the delusions he was experiencing that scared him, and not brought on by drugs :(

I'm not saying that this is what Bryce was experiencing. Just expressing my own experience. At the time, there was no way anyone could convince me that my son was not doing drugs. His behavior completely mimicked that of someone who was. JMO

Everything above is JMO!

Exactly Anjl. You and I both have lived this nightmare. My son is bi-polar too. In HS always funny, goofy making his friends laugh, seemed super happy on the outside, lots of friends but flip side he would get very manic depressed and not let anyone know. He never drank or did any drugs until he joined a fraternity in college and started self medicating the illness with the Adderall to make himself feel better. That's how the addiction began self medicating called dual diagnosis.

I wonder if anyone saw Bryce take the drug he is said to have taken...only thinking how maybe someone might claim to have taken something to explain behavior, if their mind was suddenly out of control and they did not want to admit it. Just a thought.

Crazy. How did we forget this??? We have asked over and over again how Bryce was acting the night his car keys were taken from him and Drag had already answered it for us. Now that I've seen this again, I remember it now. He answered "like on drugs, not normal." Once again, there ya go. Family is telling us, if we just listen. IMO.

I drove home tonight to Valencia from Chico. There was a huge electronic graphic billboard that had alternating ads one of which Brice. Very noticeable. I think it was before the Buttonwillow exit.

"You get two things in life, the things you ask for and the things you are afraid of."
Reverend Terry Cole Whittaker

Crazy. How did we forget this??? We have asked over and over again how Bryce was acting the night his car keys were taken from him and Drag had already answered it for us. Now that I've seen this again, I remember it now. He answered "like on drugs, not normal." Once again, there ya go. Family is telling us, if we just listen. IMO.

I did remember this, but it still doesn't help me understand his state of mind. IMO "like on drugs" could mean so many things - hyperactive/jittery, anxious/paranoid, overly talkative or less talkative than usual, uncharacteristically angry, excessively sleepy/nodding off, dazed or confused, slurring words, etc. All various side effects of various different drugs.

I still go back and forth about how much it matters at this point in time. It could help with understanding where he went in the early days, but it's (sadly :( ) been so long now... hopefully if it does help narrow down anything search related, LE and search organizers are aware of more detailed info.

Also it seems his family had an idea where to find him and that he had left on his own.

Yeah, they had a much narrower range, in a sense. But it was still pretty vast.

I wonder if anyone saw Bryce take the drug he is said to have taken...only thinking how maybe someone might claim to have taken something to explain behavior, if their mind was suddenly out of control and they did not want to admit it. Just a thought.

I wondered that from the beginning.

An insight into Bryce's family and what they may be feeling and how they rely on family and community support can be related to "Ambiguous Loss" .... Frozen Grief...
they cannot get closure ,at all, so the grieving process cannot continue.
With Bryce being physically gone but not psychologically gone must be extremely unbearable...the not knowing!
I truly hope they are coming together more as a family , and reaching out to the community as a part of their coping method....it is integral to their own well being.
Ambiguous loss is also present when a loved one is physically present but psychologically gone...ie dementia,mental illness.

Having two mind sets in this case is extremely confusing and very very disorientating ,which is why community and family should be surrounding Bryce's loved ones with support and logical thinking......No blame for them at all....it is external, and they need to find that clear space ,somehow, to accept this, to help quiet the turmoil of this desperate situation......
Specific helpful questions about Bryce can only help...we really have to be patient and non-judgmental when it comes to helping Bryce and his family/friends....giving them some confidence and reassurance to help them through this uncertain time.

From all the personal stories I have read on here , you can tell that "Living in Limbo" has affected most of the posters on here, I too live in this and do get some reassurance knowing that I am not alone....which does help.

I hope that Bryce's family and friends can ,at least ,feel some secureness ,confidence and have some sort of control when posting on here .... to help release some of the pressure through this traumatic and uncertain time.
Sending Bryce's family strength ,compassion and encouragement.

BBM
Good post. Re: your first question yes, I think it's fair to say nearly anyone would be pretty upset about that accident and totaling their car. Anyone... but especially a young college student.

About the distinguishing characteristics, I agree with most of your list.

- To the natural red hair I might add - and eyebrows. I guess it's kind of a given, but his eyebrows look quite red to me, moreso than some redheads I've known (or maybe his hair's just thicker so they look redder?).

- Also typical of redheads, but - fair skin. Even if he's been out in the sun, my guess is he doesn't tan easily.

- Tattoo - left arm, Taurus bull head with Roman numerals for his birth date. I'm going to look for an earlier post that had more details about the tattoo.

- Height - IMO, and maybe I just have a lot of tall family and friends, but to me 5'10" or 5'11" (I've seen both reported for Bryce) isn't particularly tall. Not short by any means, but to me when I picture "tall" as a descriptor I picture someone who would be noticeably taller than the majority of people in a crowd, and IMO I don't think Bryce would be. My husband for example is 6' and he doesn't stand out as particularly tall most places.

And yes, for the other person found, Rest In Peace. I hope his family finds some small measure of comfort in knowing what happened to him, whoever it is.

That's exactly what I thought too, but wasn't sure if I was zooming in on too many details. I had been searching through all these wonderful photos at the link below, to try and compare.

http://www.hannevanderwoude.nl/portfolio.php?serie=2&page=3

Here we go - details on the tattoo, courtesy of Dragracerz and Caron (two of our verified insiders). Bulleted info from this post: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1.

• Taurus (bull) for his Zodiac sign - birthday is April 30
  • Roman Numerals IV is for 4 (April) *advertiser censored* is for 30th
  • Got it this year in California
  • M and a K on the tattoo for his Mom's and Dad's first initials

This is the best pic I've been able to find of the tattoo, available on the Find Bryce FB page and on Google Image search:

1185179_619793888065018_1774353764_n.jpg

It's not specified in the post above but it looks to me like there's another Roman numeral at the bottom under the Taurus symbol. Looks like MCMXCIV which would be 1994, so I'm assuming his birth year. I personally can't find the M and K, so I'm not sure where those are. I'm sure they're there, I'm just missing them. The Taurus is probably somewhat common but the Roman numerals, especially those specific numerals, make it very distinctive IMO.

Thank you so much! I thought the Taurus sign was a serpent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne