CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On several occasions my son was taken to St Jude hospital on a 5150 waiting for an available bed at a psych hospital to be transferred. After he was transferred the hospital refused to let me know what hospital he was being transferred to because of privacy laws and him being an adult.

I found a way around that. I looked online for local psych hospitals within a 30 mile radius. I called and got the operator or receptionist and pretended like I knew he was there but not really. I would say "Can I please speak to a patient by the name of Jay Jones" They would say "we don't have a patient by that name" or they would say "I'm sorry he can't receive calls" or "I'll put you through"

That way your not asking for information if he is there which they cant give out. It's a lot of work but I did manage to locate him quite a few times that way.

You may be able to try that with some rehabs as well. It's worth a shot.

@ksly

I have to agree with everyone else. I am not as eloquent as many posters here, but thank you for being here, thanks for putting up with our endless questions. No matter what goes on, I truly believe all of us Websleuther's are here for the greater good and that is to bring Bryce home. I apologize for being so nosey/curious.

I am in FL so no where close but I keep my eyes open every day, as FL has tons of homeless/transients and we're pretty warm year round....but I do realize that is across the country and highly unlikely.

Regarding the Vivnayse (sp) did Bryce have more on his person?

Do you feel Bryce was stressed regarding school or other expectations?

I keep changing my position on what happened to Bryce....

I would feel so bad if he was out there reading and just not contacting family because this was in the news etc, but then as a mom (or other loved one), how do you not keep it in the news? Kind of a rock and a hard place.

O/T: I'm a little annoyed right now. As we all know, this Paul Ciancia went to LAX and killed a TSA officer. It's been on the news constantly. I'm sick of looking at his face.

Why can't we get this much coverage for our missing?? That's what I'm annoyed about. The criminals get all the attention and the news media, whereas a missing loved one gets a spot or two, then is forgotten. WTH??

O/T: I'm a little annoyed right now. As we all know, this Paul Ciancia went to LAX and killed a TSA officer. It's been on the news constantly. I'm sick of looking at his face.

Why can't we get this much coverage for our missing?? That's what I'm annoyed about. The criminals get all the attention and the news media, whereas a missing loved one gets a spot or two, then is forgotten. WTH??

I completely agree Seajay!!! I live in so Cali too and this has been going on all day long. Sick of it.

When Amanda went to Buttonwillow, she said that someone told her that Bryce had been seen talking with another person (homeless??) - I wonder if the police can't follow up on that and find the kid he was talking to, to get some clues on 'where' he might be!

Maybe they already have investigated. We just don't know.

You also have to remember Bryce was not prescribed these by a physician. A whole different ball game. If you truly have ADD or ADHD it will help you focus and be calm. For others without ADD or ADHD it can have adverse side effects making you more manic, moody, with racing thoughts etc...........depending on how many he actually may had taken. It would be similar to taking speed, cocaine or crystal meth, or lots of caffeine. Mixed with red bull can be very bad which speeds up your heart. Had he had any Alcohol too? mixed with alcohol can make side affects much worse as well.

Everybody's brain is different this is why you need to be monitored by a Dr when taking RX drugs to adjust medication if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know a young man who told me about taking it to get through exams. He's 25 and does a lot of drugs. A lot. But he said this was way too trippy and he hated it, Made him feel very off and have bizarre thoughts, mania, etc.

Hello Tamrabbit. I have a question if you happen to know.

I believe the water in that lake is fairly clear from what I remember reading. From where the vehicle was wrecked and heading straight down to the water where the 1st SAR dog supposedly tracked him, can you visually tell how steep the water slopes out?

Like can you see into the water and see if the water gets real deep really fast? I know you probably dont want to carry a fishing pole the next time you are there, but one really quick way to tell how steep a slope of the water is would be tying on a heavy sinker and casting out and watching when the sinker finally hits the bottom, you can then look at your line and if the line is angled severely downwards, that would mean it is very steep slope.

I dont mean to task you with this or anything, but even without a fishing pole, if you had a long ball of string and a heavy sinker, you could almost do the same thing if you could throw the sinker out and kept hold of the other end. You would want to get the sinker out at least 20-30 yards if you could to get a better idea of the slope and then hold your end up as high as you could to look at the line angle. Once it stopped and you check the angle, you could even slowly retrieve it and you may be able to tell where it drops off the fastest and how far out the drop off is if there is one.

Ive been so curious how steep that water slope is right at the spot of the vehicle area. From the Topo map, that area just seems really steep, but it is hard to tell.

Ive been on certain lakes where only 20 feet out from bank, it had already dropped to like 20 feet deep. And from the bank, you would have never guessed it was that steep a slope. So just curious if the slope was considered a steep sloped lake at that area.

It's really quite a ways from the water. Not sure if that is relevant to your question or not, but it might be of help. Here's a screenshot, if I can do it:
(I can;t do it. Here's a link. Zoom in): https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...gl=us&ei=6E94Uon0DeWJiAKgwIG4Cw&ved=0CI8BELYD

His truck was found between Lake Hughes Road and Main Ramp Road, by the square box there. The water is not straight out from there. And he would have had to cross two roads to get to the water, including Main Ramp Road. But it looks like the closest water may be somewhat shallow from the photo. There are docks there and it looks like the shore slopes gradually into the water.

Also, just to clarify, the SAR dog never tracked Bryce to the water. It tracked human scent in general, to the water and I;m sure the police had been down there to look by that time, plus, there are hundreds of people who mill about that area, especially then.

On several occasions my son was taken to St Jude hospital on a 5150 waiting for an available bed at a psych hospital to be transferred. After he was transferred the hospital refused to let me know what hospital he was being transferred to because of privacy laws and him being an adult.

I found a way around that. I looked online for local psych hospitals within a 30 mile radius. I called and got the operator or receptionist and pretended like I knew he was there but not really. I would say "Can I please speak to a patient by the name of Jay Jones" They would say "we don't have a patient by that name or they would say I'm sorry he can't receive calls or I'll put you through.

That way your not asking for information if he is there which they cant give out. It's a lot of work but I did manage to locate him quite a few times that way.

That's super smart!

Seriously. It's ridiculous. And it's why these people go out and do what they do - they know they will get attention and become infamous. I'm tired of hearing about it.

In the meantime...

I found a way around that. I looked online for local psych hospitals within a 30 mile radius. I called and got the operator or receptionist and pretended like I knew he was there but not really. I would say "Can I please speak to a patient by the name of Jay Jones" They would say "we don't have a patient by that name" or they would say "I'm sorry he can't receive calls" or "I'll put you through"

that is very clever. i hope bryce's family or kim try this.

If Bryce did check himself into a psych hospital or rehab that hospital or clinic wants to be paid so he would be considered indigent with no job and probably unable to pay. Here in Cali they would send in an MSI of Medi-Cal rep/ worker almost immediately to start his paperwork which I'm sure he would qualify as he is an adult and out on his own so therefore he would have to give his real name and SSN because THEY WANT TO BE PAID or else I don't think they would keep him that long because the state is out of money for mental health care and that's why so many of the homeless are MI because they are off their meds and have nowhere to go.

I hope Bryce is a hospital or rehab because at least he would be safe and not out lost wandering somewhere.

After all Kim's posts. I am feeling more and more like he's is out there somewhere and is Ok.

Is there a good time of day to make these calls? I am going to try to do this. Did you ever actually get to talk to him this way? Also, should I tell them that I am a family member as opposed to girlfriend? Will that give me a better chance of reaching him?

Is there a good time of day to make these calls? I am going to try to do this. Did you ever actually get to talk to him this way? Also, should I tell them that I am a family member as opposed to girlfriend? Will that give me a better chance of reaching him?

Kim, I know everyone else has thanked you for your posts, but I also want to let you know that I think you are an incredible young woman who is dealing phenomenally well with this situation. My condolences on your mom as well. This is so much to go through. Have you had much contact with his roommate? I know you were emotionally the closest person to him, and it seems like he was very close to his family as well, but it seems like there may have been some unusual things going on at that apartment. Are his friends in that area helpful? Best wishes. I actually believe the unusual activity may make it more likely that your second scenario, he is hiding, is true. I think his being in hiding is the best case scenario for him.

Another thing that can be done is call any local hospital ER Dept. near Castaic and ask when they transfer out psych patients which hospitals do they transfer to? have a pen and paper ready to write them down and take it from there. I don't believe they would tell you if Bryce had been there. I could be wrong on that. None of these hospitals, clinics, or Drs want to be sued so they are very careful what info they give out.

Many young adults go to these hospitals to get rest, fed and off drugs. He could have met a guy friend there who was released and possibly picked Bryce up after he was released.

I'm trying to remain hopeful :)

I would do both but try the evening first. I would just say "hello and that you would like to speak to a friend or my brother (lie) Bryce Laspisa" She might say I'm sorry we don't have anyone here by that name and you can just apologize and say you were misinformed and leave it at that. Hang up and go to the next. Just play stupid.

Yes, I did get to talk to my son a few times and he was shocked I found him. The hospital usually has a couple of phones on their units that the patients can call out (free) and receive calls. The patient can answer when they ring in the units if their not in group. Sometimes a patient would answer and I would give my sons name and description and they would get him. Bryce has red hair and a tattoo a patient would know him. They have TV rooms where they hang out, play games, group meetings and crafts.

I sure hope you find him Kim. It certainly won't hurt to try. I wish you all the luck in the world.

I wouldn't say girlfriend. Because they try to protect the patients from getting agitated. When staff hears relationship they get all bent out of shape thinking it will upset the patient. I would just say your a friend and act like you think he is there and sound very professional.

Hope this helps :)

I would do both but try the evening first. I would just say "hello and that you would like to speak to a friend or my brother (lie) Bryce Laspisa" She might say I'm sorry we don't have anyone here by that name and you can just apologize and say you were misinformed and leave it at that. Hang up and go to the next. Just play stupid.

Yes, I did get to talk to my son a few times and he was shocked I found him. The hospital usually has a couple of phones on the units that the patients can call out (free)and receive calls. They can even answer when they ring in the units. Sometimes a patient would answer and I would give my sons name and description and they would get him. Bryce has red hair and a tattoo a patient would know him. They have TV rooms where they hang out and play games and crafts.

I sure hope you find him Kim. It certainly won't hurt to try. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Great advice! I hope it works!! :please:

I just wanted to add that I would start with psych hospitals run by LA County. Can some other members like riverking chime in on some local hospitals near Castaic?

Bryce is very unlucky to be among the missing, but very, very lucky in the people he has speaking on his behalf. If only all our missing people had such eloquent, graceful people to speak out for them - I am sure many more would be found.

My thoughts exactly.. They are luck to have each other. Come home Bryce! You are clearly so loved.

Yes, I did get to talk to my son a few times and he was shocked I found him. The hospital usually has a couple of phones on their units that the patients can call out (free) and receive calls. The patient can answer when they ring in the units if their not in group. Sometimes a patient would answer and I would give my sons name and description and they would get him. Bryce has red hair and a tattoo a patient would know him. They have TV rooms where they hang out, play games, group meetings and crafts.

Great advice Whiteorchids!!! I pray this will help or at least eliminate some of the possibilities!

:drumroll:

Good luck, <Mod Snip> I hope this helps give you more info.

I think it's already implied in other posts but I wanted to add, even if you don't reach him it might give you good information. If they say he's not there, you can be pretty sure he isn't there IMO. But if they say he can't take calls, it most likely means he's there. You may not be able to talk to him, and they may not confirm for sure that he's even there, but it would be a pretty good indicator. If you directly ask if he's there you'll likely get some variation of "we cannot comment," but I think you have a good shot of maybe getting info if you approach it the way WhiteOrchids suggested.

One other thought, I wonder if it would be good to have the address of each place you call handy. Then if they say he can't take calls, you could say something like "I'd like to send him a letter and have this address ______, can you confirm if it's correct?" I have no idea if this would work or not, just a thought.

I wouldn't say girlfriend. Because they try to protect the patients from getting agitated. When staff hears relationship they get all bent out of shape thinking it will upset the patient. I would just say your a friend and act like you think he is there and sound very professional.

Hope this helps :)

Good advice, I was thinking the same thing. I don't have nearly the experience with all of this that you do (((Whiteorchids))) (I can't even imagine!), but from my limited experience once they hear girlfriend they may shut down. Friend is probably easiest so they're not trying to confirm any family details... i.e. if you say sister are they going to ask for a name? How you got the info? Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member