CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

It can be difficult to find definitive info about prescription drug side effects, for various reasons.

I found this interesting site though, which is just patient's own experiences. It was the only place I could find anything about people who had only taken the drug for one or two days. Some of the descriptions would fit 'lost time', I think.

There are a few who had very adverse reactions, and there is also someone there who believes they were sent into a four-month manic period/extreme depression, which required hospitalization twice. That was after medicating for two weeks though.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=21977&name=VYVANSE

Okay I can't believe I'm admitting this. My drug use over the years was smoking pot four times in High School. Three years ago I was 28 and was hanging out with a buddy of mine from the army. He became a fireman after he got out. We had become very close,not all that healthy but a lot of fun. Anyways, we were at a bar with some of his coworkers and a few of ny gf's. he pulled out adderall and told me to take half. I still can't tell you guys why i did. I've never touched anything since or wanted to. So let me tell you. I went from being mellow,laughing having a great time to trying to attack this girl. Yes she kept tripping and yelling and was obnoxious but it wasnt me. My friend put me over his shoulder and carried me out. I'm one of those people that has a long fuse. I remember getting back and Adam was flabbergasted. I passed out and when I woke it was like everything was slow. People were talking but I wasn't listening. I did mix it with alcohol but I was definitely in my own world for a bit. If he had done multiple pills and drank on top I could only imagine.

I am still confused about where the 1st SAR dog tracked him. There isn't a straight line or obvious path to the water like the path Dragz drew. Bryce would have had to cut through brush and uneven terrain, which while possible seems unlikely to me IMO. I can definitely check to see how deep it is. I'm just not sure where to check. I've walked around the lake and the depth of lake seems to vary significantly depending on where you are on the shore. If I go down and follow government cove which is the opposite direction of the dam, there is a beach area and it is very gradual, not steep at all. If I go towards the dam area, the water from the shore there appears steeper. I'm not sure how steep though. I don't have a fishing pole, but I could bring something similar to test the depth. I'm sure I could even just ask the fishermen that are there all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks to others for trying to describe where that 1st SAR dog search ended up down at the water. I am almost positive I saw a map that showed the alleged trail of where the dogs went. I tried to find the link to the map I had seen, but cant seem to find it.

From what I remember, the trail showed it basically heading straight down from the car to the water, and I think that is why it was described as going through brush because going straight down to the water doesnt follow the roads.

Ill keep hunting to see if I can find that map I saw of the 1st SAR dog search. We know this 1st search was later discounted by most people because the 2nd dog searches were supposed to be better searches because they used bloodhounds.

the breed of dog has nothing to do with it...bloodhound, in and of itself, doesn't make it 'better'
imho
there are soooo many factors

I googled psych hospitals around Castaic 91384 if any of the family members want to give it a shot.

http://www.healthcare.com/find/psychiatric-hospital/CA/castaic/91384/

Two others I know are not listed are BHC Alhambra in Rosemead and Northridge Hospital. My cousin was treated at West Hills Hospital then transported by ambulance to only place with a "bed"available-BHC, well over 30 mile range. She wanted me to get her into Northridge, but she got out before it could happen. It's basically anywhere in county they will send you, I guess.

From what she told me it was not uncommon for some to be released only to be readmitted shortly afterward. Homeless used it as a place to stay, so I would think there is a lot of assumed names used.

the breed of dog has nothing to do with it...bloodhound, in and of itself, doesn't make it 'better'
imho
there are soooo many factors

Gonna have to agree with SRE on this one. The bloodhounds were touted as being "better" because it was the handlers making those claims. It's the age ole war between SAR and LE dog people.....

Training and a handler that is in tune with their dog is what makes them better or worse, not the breed, plain and simple.

ETA-the first dogs were not "discredited" until after the 10 days of searching in the water.... (Again, not my words, cuz I think there is a whole lot of value in looking at what these initial dogs did, MOO)

REMINDER:

Even when an insider tells us their real name, our posts need to refer to their Websleuths name.

:tyou:

Can you clarify please, are we allowed to refer to FB when the page is for the purpose of spreading the word about a missing person? I thought, in that case, we're allowed to refer to it and even provide a link to the page (but not take what is posted there as fact). Thank you.

Can you clarify please, are we allowed to refer to FB when the page is for the purpose of spreading the word about a missing person? I thought, in that case, we're allowed to refer to it and even provide a link to the page (but not take what is posted there as fact). Thank you.

I'm talking about our insiders here on WS. When we post about their post, please refer to them by their WS nickname, not their real name.

Did both the dog searches lead to the water, (albeit different locations) or is the cove not by the water's edge?

DRZ: The vehicle was found ON MAIN RAMP ROAD, about 80% of it was in the right lane if traveling north.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

DRZ: The initial dog search revealed the the scent went from the car to the water, nothing else, but that places Bryce at Castaic.
Another dog search with bloodhounds on Tuesday showed Bryce by the waters edge but going along the shore towards the dam.
Yesterdays [9/11] bloodhound search picked up scents possibly leading out of the park so it is hopeful that he is trying to still get home to Laguna however might be impaired due to a head injury.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DRZ: His girlfriend brought different gym shoes and socks for the second dog search.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

A search dog later tracked BL's scent from the crashed SUV to the lake shore.
Dogs also tracked BL's scent from lake shore toward boat ramp area and crossing the dam and stopping, insinuating backtracking across the dam. LE later shared info with parents of dogs tracking BL heading out of the recreation area. LE believed BL left the area.

DRZ: The first set of dogs findings were RULED OUT BY LE as they followed human scent. Second dogs (bloodhounds) were brought in with Bryce's shoes/socks that were properly collected by GF as instructed by LE. That is the path they feel is accurate. I do not , however, know why it took them a week to bring in the second dogs ????
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

DRZ: 1st search was [SAR dog; human scent], second search was with [bloodhound; 1 person's scent],
Team Amber brought a [cadaver dog].
sarx: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

DRZ: The map I posted with bloodhound route SHOULD START at where vehicle was found

I'm talking about our insiders here on WS. When we post about their post, please refer to them by their WS nickname, not their real name.

In other words, Bryce's girlfriend K** is "Kslyfoxy," not K** - correct?

Thanks for clarifying, and I apologize for using her real name - somehow I didn't know about this rule (my fault, I'm sure it's in TOS and I overlooked it). You've probably edited my posts already but I'll check and see if any need to be edited and update if I can.

Is there a good time of day to make these calls? I am going to try to do this. Did you ever actually get to talk to him this way? Also, should I tell them that I am a family member as opposed to girlfriend? Will that give me a better chance of reaching him?

I would say he's your brother, honestly. I feel like that would hold more sway and saying he's your friend might sound like you're actually his girlfriend... idk. i feel like brother is the safest bet. just sound really sweet, unassuming yet professional and i think you're likely to get better treatment

however, i'm not familiar with this type of thing. anyone else w insight wanna chime in?

I know someone who tried, "Good morning, Doctor so and so here, so and so University" with complete confidence. Probably because they do have a doctorate and work at a university with a medical dept. Their doctorate has zero to do with medicine though.

Nobody asked about that though - they just presumed medical doc was meant, and provided information.

Oh I know. Sorry, a few pages back Cat snipped my post because I mentioned running across a public FB page (didn't link it). I believe the page was created to bring awareness that Bryce is missing.
It would have made more sense if I asked CatFancier my question. I asked you because you were handy after I caught up on the thread.
Geesh, just a question. For some reason, TOS is confusing.

Not guilty of this offense. :blushing:

By the way, mods are appreciated because they keep us from turning into uncivilized egg throwers!
I accept mods have reasons for admonitions I don't understand.

I would say he's your brother, honestly. I feel like that would hold more sway and saying he's your friend might sound like you're actually his girlfriend... idk. i feel like brother is the safest bet. just sound really sweet, unassuming yet professional and i think you're likely to get better treatment

however, i'm not familiar with this type of thing. anyone else w insight wanna chime in?

It amazes me that I have examples for everything! lol!
True story, a few weeks ago my dad turned 88 years old. Wow!
We had plans for a special day when he came down with a sore throat but didn't complain about it for two nights. When questioned, it turns out he had a fever for more than a day as well. We told our mother to call the doctor.

Instead of calling us with an update before they left their house, she and my dad left for the emergency room. It took hours before they reached his doctor and that's what he told them to do.
I began calling my mom at 4PM, no answer. Again and again up until 6PM or so. By then I was sort of mad but mainly concerned. Why weren't they answering the phone? I called the doctor's office and the answering service picked up - useless. Going on 7PM, I dialed the hospital they use and asked for the emergency unit.
When the gal answered the phone, I asked her, "Is blankity blank there?".
She replied, "Well, yes he is. I'll transfer you to a phone near his station."
Before she did, I told her my parents are grounded because I've been worried about them. She laughed.
But I didn't explain anything before she was willing to transfer my call. Don't know if that's typical or not.
(My dad was treated with an antibiotic and recovered quickly. So it's a good thing he saw a doctor, especially at his age. They were stuck in the emergency room for hours though.)

So, maybe klsy could begin by just asking for Bryce by name. If that's not enough information, the person who answers the phone will ask questions which will probably lead to the reason for the call.

I believe he did, but only immediately before he went missing.

Thanks for answering. This can be a sign of a psychotic break. It is common to have problems with sleep prior to a breakdown. This includes postpartum depression, bipolar, and your garden variety breakdowns (no underlying long term mental issue--maybe only anxiety, worry as a cause). Imagine not sleeping for days! One would go bonkers. Personally, I have only gone with one night without sleep at a time in all my years. I cannot go without sleep for 2 nights. Some people will have problems sleeping on that 2nd night. It can go on for several nights without sleep. IMO, this usually ends in a mental breakdown. Was this a possiblity with Bryce?

It amazes me that I have examples for everything! lol!
True story, a few weeks ago my dad turned 88 years old. Wow!
We had plans for a special day when he came down with a sore throat but didn't complain about it for two nights. When questioned, it turns out he had a fever for more than a day as well. We told our mother to call the doctor.

Instead of calling us with an update before they left their house, she and my dad left for the emergency room. It took hours before they reached his doctor and that's what he told them to do.
I began calling my mom at 4PM, no answer. Again and again up until 6PM or so. By then I was sort of mad but mainly concerned. Why weren't they answering the phone? I called the doctor's office and the answering service picked up - useless. Going on 7PM, I dialed the hospital they use and asked for the emergency unit.
When the gal answered the phone, I asked her, "Is blankity blank there?".
She replied, "Well, yes he is. I'll transfer you to a phone near his station."
Before she did, I told her my parents are grounded because I've been worried about them. She laughed.
But I didn't explain anything before she was willing to transfer my call. Don't know if that's typical or not.
(My dad was treated with an antibiotic and recovered quickly. So it's a good thing he saw a doctor, especially at his age. They were stuck in the emergency room for hours though.)

So, maybe klsy could begin by just asking for Bryce by name. The person who answers the phone will ask questions if that's not enough information which will probably lead to the reason for the call.
Best Wishes to your Dad!

CatFancier, hello, will you answer my question please?

The Missing FB can be referred to in a general way if it's about a comment (see post at 641pm) or if there is an announcement by an admin or an uploaded photo.

Bryce's FB page can be referred to unless we're going to take another trip down the road about drug use or unless you are attempting to discuss a poster posting to him.

All other FB pages are off limits. Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3