CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense!

I had posted this same thing awhile back but everyone jumped on the bandwagon and said LE would know and would no longer consider him missing and would make an announcement. I don't know if that is necessarily true especially if LE wasn't notified.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had posted this same thing awhile back but everyone jumped on the bandwagon and said LE would know and would no longer consider him missing and would make an announcement. I don't know if that is necessarily true especially if LE wasn't notified.

Thing is he could have contacted LE and said he was ok but does
Not want anyone to know where he is. LE wod tell his family he was
Ok but need a visual confirmation to confirm its him

LE would remove Bryce from any missing databases or pages, if he had made contact with them. If family told LE he had made contact, I believe LE would want to speak with him before closing out his case.

Family has nothing to gain by hiding the fact he made contact, if he had. They could easily enough say he has been located and that they want their privacy. We have seen that countless times before. iMO, they have not heard a word.

LE would remove Bryce from any missing databases or pages, if he had made contact with them. If family told LE he had made contact, I believe LE would want to speak with him before closing out his case.

Family has nothing to gain by hiding the fact he made contact, if he had. They could easily enough say he has been located and that they want their privacy. We have seen that countless times before. iMO, they have not heard a word.

I guess!

He could have contacted someone other than law enforcement and it hasn't been verified. I don't know that I necessarily believe that, but it is possible. It is also possible that the people who have said they knew he went missing voluntarily are being given some consideration. Not necessarily believed but possible enough that the family decided to take this approach.

There is a huge difference between contacting someone and contacting LE. If LE or the family had a verified contact I agree that he would be removed as a missing person. If some friend came forward and said he contacted me and they couldn't verify it they would treat it like a tip.

A big rig broke down in Castaic tonight, near Lake Hughes Road, causing a huge back up right now in the middle of the night. It made me think again of how many truckers go through the area. It also made me think of how vulnerable Bryce may have been that night and how he could have met anyone.

I hope if he did meet someone they weren't evil.

A big rig broke down in Castaic tonight, near Lake Hughes Road, causing a huge back up right now in the middle of the night. It made me think again of how many truckers go through the area. It also made me think of how vulnerable Bryce may have been that night and how he could have met anyone.

I hope if he did meet someone they weren't evil.

Lots of evil around. We hear about it everyday on the news :(

Mrs. L mentioned on the facebook page awhile back that LE was no longer involved and that the phone number on the current flyer has been changed to a private number, not LE detective's number anymore. That indicates to me that LE is done with this case. I have zero experience with LE and missing persons, so I apologize in advance if I'm way off base.

Yes, and they continue to update FB with things like the thunderclap idea which is to occur after Christmas. It would be insane for them to do that at not even tell all their friends who continue to post hopeful well wishes.

Mrs. L mentioned on the facebook page awhile back that LE was no longer involved and that the phone number on the current flyer has been changed to a private number, not LE detective's number anymore. That indicates to me that LE is done with this case. I have zero experience with LE and missing persons, so I apologize in advance if I'm way off base.

She never stated LE was done with this case. They have an open investigation even if it's not very active.

Yes, and they continue to update FB with things like the thunderclap idea which is to occur after Christmas. It would be insane for them to do that at not even tell all their friends who continue to post hopeful well wishes.

I would be interested if they have had any credible tips come in on the phone number listed.

My mistake then. I thought she said LE was no longer involved.

No. LE called off official searches awhile back and the mom has stated the new tip line is not monitored by LE but LE doesn't close these kinds of cases without resolution.

Finally had a moment to stop by the area for a look-see. A few observations.

• The hill at the antenna tower is very steep. The dirt is real soft. Very easily could see getting stuck....Or worse.

• This is a huge are with a ton of steep hills, wash-outs, drainage cuverts, scrubb brush which would be very hard to navigate/search.

• Final drop-off from hill to road below is very steep and about 20'.

• Saw one poster on a pole just down from tower

• Not a whole lot happening at Lagoon Dr. in Buttonwillow.

I would not want to be running around in the dark out there. I was there just around sun-up, and it was very dark. I am a tad disappointed there was no "Aha" moment. The perverbial "needle in a haystack" came to mind. Stopped by a 76 Station at LD to get a soda..It was closed due to being robbed. Saw no posters in the Lagoon Dr. area.

Attachments

• Castaic lagoon.jpg
    Castaic lagoon.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Cataic tower hill.jpg
    Cataic tower hill.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Lagoon Dr. BW.jpg
    Lagoon Dr. BW.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 44
  • poster.jpg
    poster.jpg