CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Page 53 of the manual says that the passenger airbag deploys even if there is no passenger. That would lead me to believe that an unmanned drivers seat airbag would have deployed as well. The question does remain though, did the airbag not deploy because the speed and location of impact didn't trigger it? ...or did it not deploy because there was no one in the drivers seat?
Hmm

I don't think we ever got an answer as to what gear it was in when found, did we?

I don't think we ever got an answer as to what gear it was in when found, did we?

Re gear: No, we didn't that I recall or noted.

Also ... Per DRZ: Keys were in the SUV/ignition.

But we don't know in what position

Hmm. Page 53 of the manual says that the passenger airbag deploys even if there is no passenger. That would lead me to believe that an unmanned drivers seat airbag would have deployed as well. The question does remain though, did the airbag not deploy because the speed and location of impact didn't trigger it? ...or did it not deploy because there was no one in the drivers seat?
Hmm

As I recall Dragraczr addressed the non-deployment of the airbags many threads back...I will look. He indicated that the sensors for deployment were in the front of the vehicle and since it rolled on its side they did not activate. May take some time for me to find it but will look!

I remember the post from the uncle about the airbags. Our sleuthy little minds are wondering if there was no butt in the seat would the airbags ever deploy.

http://youtu.be/phyxlFW_RVQ

So e paranormal team with video of the site

Interesting, at least we got to see in video where the vehicle went down the incline, from the top looking down it seems very steep but from where they think it stopped and looking back up to the tower, not as steep. Thanks Baddux!

Found Dragraczrs post regarding the airbags but have no idea how to link it here but will try...

CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

In the event it does not link it's in thread #6, post #198

10-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Dragracerz
Verified insider - Bryce Laspisa case

Ok, lets clear some new things up.

Airbags didn't deploy (I stated that before) but it takes a hard straight frontal hit to deploy them

Car (as it was coming down the hill) did take a front hit, but it was under the bumper, ripping it off, not straight, like if you rearend another car, sensors are an electronic device designed to do a certain thing, in this case, protect a driver from a straight front end hit, not a roll.

I cannot release any form of media that comes to me from or through LASD, otherwise I face criminal charges. PERIOD.

hope this helps

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6
From 03 Toyota Highlander Manual:
http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/toyota/toyota-highlander-owners-manuals/

Pg 55: The SRS front airbags are not designed
to inflate if the vehicle is involved in a
side or rear collision, if it rolls over, or
if it is involved in a low−speed frontal
collision.
The SRS front airbags may deploy if a
serious impact occurs to the underside
of your vehicle. Some examples are
shown in the illustration.

See illustrations on image below:

Attachments

• Toyota H 03 Manual pg55.jpg
    Toyota H 03 Manual pg55.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 16
From 03 Toyota Highlander Manual:
http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/toyota/toyota-highlander-owners-manuals/

Pg 55: The SRS front airbags are not designed
to inflate if the vehicle is involved in a
side or rear collision, if it rolls over, or
if it is involved in a low−speed frontal
collision.
The SRS front airbags may deploy if a
serious impact occurs to the underside
of your vehicle.
Some examples are
shown in the illustration.

See illustrations on image below:

BBM

Thanks Quester. Maybe the slow speed of the impact/bumper being ripped off kept the airbags from deploying? Gosh, why can't we find a definitive answer for almost anything in this case? Bryce, where the heck are you?

Here’s my take away on the issue of was BL in the vehicle when it went down the slope and crashed …

It sounds as though the airbags did not deploy due to the vehicle having rolled and/or the way it impacted with the street at its final resting crash spot. If the airbags had deployed, I’m assuming both driver and front passenger airbags would have deployed regardless of the seats having been occupied or not.

Therefore … we still have nothing definitive to rule BL in or out of the vehicle when it went down the slope and crashed. Though, I’m sure LE has a firm opinion with supporting evidence on this issue. Perhaps the L family know this as well.?.

Here’s my take away on the issue of was BL in the vehicle when it went down the slope and crashed …

It sounds as though the airbags did not deploy due to the vehicle having rolled and/or the way it impacted with the street at its final resting crash spot. If the airbags had deployed, I’m assuming both driver and front passenger airbags would have deployed regardless of the seats having been occupied or not.

Therefore … we still have nothing definitive to rule BL in or out of the vehicle when it went down the slope and crashed. Though, I’m sure LE has a firm opinion with supporting evidence on this issue. Perhaps the L family know this as well.?.

Thanks Quester, I wonder something, if LE is no longer involved, are the folks (such as dragz) who know info through LE still not allowed to divulge it?

Thanks Quester, I wonder something, if LE is no longer involved, are the folks (such as dragz) who know info through LE still not allowed to divulge it?

Hopefully Gitana and/or Lawyer for the Peeps will chime in with an answer to your good question.

My IANAL guess is that DRZ and others would still be bound to keep silent on whatever info they were told by LE and had been instructed by LE to keep to themselves ... until they are released from that restriction or the case is officially closed. JMO

JMO I do not understand holding back anything, if a dead end has been reached. I would be afraid it might be the one thing to jog a memory.

Hopefully LFTPeeps or Gitana will weigh in on it. :)

http://youtu.be/phyxlFW_RVQ

So e paranormal team with video of the site

It's been removed.

Hopefully Gitana and/or Lawyer for the Peeps will chime in with an answer to your good question.

My IANAL guess is that DRZ and others would still be bound to keep silent on whatever info they were told by LE and had been instructed by LE to keep to themselves ... until they are released from that restriction or the case is officially closed. JMO

Any private party (as in not an LE employee) is allowed to divulge anything they learn from LE, at anytime. The 1st amendment protects that right.

When people hold information back purposefully, they often do so because they don;t want to hurt a criminal investigation.

In this case, I think the family is not purposefully holding back this kind of info. (As opposed to more sensitive information). I do not believe there is a criminal investigation at this time. My sense is they just don't think it's important information to divulge to the public as they may feel it is unlikely to help find Bryce.

I just watched the paranormal thing an hour ago, are you sure it's removed? There's 2 parts.
I don't buy it at all, but it gives great understanding of the area and answers a lot of questions about his car falling among other stuff. I do not buy into psychics etc - but they did go to the known areas and the footage is great, along with their view that there's no he went down or slept through the fall. No way. I'll look and see if I can find it again.

Having been to the site now.....My opinion is.....There is no way....Make that......Absolutely no way...That he drove that car down the hill.....I also think he was on Lake Hughes Road when he saw the LE folks waiting by the gate. Then fled up away from the lake and not down. I have no clue on where the search for him was concentrated....But, I would guess it was % wise focused on below the crash site towards the lake. There is a lot of real estate above the lake.

So ... for the sake of argument ... speculation follows:

Let's say BL sees line of ?cop cars? ... BL turns into antenna area to hide vehicle to decide what to do ... gets stuck in soft sand ... decides he has to ditch the vehicle ... BL retrieves whatever ... allows vehicle to roll down the hill ... BL flees uphill, away from the line of ?cop cars? ... he more than likely has no liquids with him ... how long could he last without water? ... does he partake in whatever "trail mix" he has and has a bad reaction? .... does he meet up with wildlife? ... did searches make flyovers of area above crashed vehicle, away from lake? ... where is this young man?

I just want to remind y'all that dragracerz said that the dogs tracked from the Toyota out into the park not back up to the top of the hill. That would imply Bryce was in the vehicle when it went down and didn't just walk down to it after pushing it down the hill.

Also, there's the blood in the car. Though it could have come from another time, I would think LE can tell if it was fresh or not. Even if you discount the blood, the scent tracking is hard to get around if thinking of other theories.

I just want to remind y'all that dragracerz said that the dogs tracked from the Toyota out into the park not back up to the top of the hill. That would imply Bryce was in the vehicle when it went down and didn't just walk down to it after pushing it down the hill.

Also, there's the blood in the car. Though it could have come from another time, I would think LE can tell if it was fresh or not. Even if you discount the blood, the scent tracking is hard to get around if thinking of other theories.

BBM ... and jumping off your post ...

I'd love to see some evidence, anything, that BL was indeed in the vehicle, or not in the vehicle, when it went down the slope and crashed. JMO

Frustrating when we don't have even the most basic of facts from ground zero so that we can move beyond it to focus on what really happened to this young man. JMO

Why wouldn't L family release this info???

ETA: Could someone please ask this question over on the FB page? TIA
Was Bryce in the vehicle, or not, when it went down the slope and crashed? Based on what hard fact/s?

Some of these things have been brought up in past posts on these threads and would be interesting to know regarding Bryce's car when it was found - If the car was running or "on", if the radio was on, if the lights were on, if the engine was hot, how much gas was in the car, what gear it was in, where in the car his cell phone and wallet were located, and where the unzipped bag was found.

Because we don't know the above information we can't assume Bryce crashed his car directly following his last capture on video. He may have crashed it directly prior to it being discovered or he may have crashed it directly after he was last caught on video, we do not know. I believe there is a real possibility that he may have seen LE showing up for the drill prior to his car crash.

My number one question I would love answered is this, "What exactly was captured on video (just a license plate? A license plate and an image of someone driving? A clear shot of only Bryce in the car?) and where is that camera located? We have speculated but I don't recall getting a definitive answer.

I'm a bit confused about the investigative aspect of this case. Wouldn't there be a detective assigned to the case until it is solved, one way or another? Karen Laspisa stated in her John and Ken interview that Homicide was handling the case because homicide handles all missing persons cases however kslyfox posted, something to the effect of, that the homicide detectives were pulled off of the case because there was no indication a homicide occurred and they have more pressing cases (the later, I understand.) Wouldn't there still be a detective from whatever department handles missing persons assigned to the case? Maybe someone with more experience and knowledge in this area can respond? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup