Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM for focus

Not definitive but from the timeline:
F 8/30/13 4:20am Castaic BL's SUV is captured on video surveillance heading toward Castaic Lake; driver not ID'd; no passengers visible. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

- - - - DRZ: I don't know if they assumed that because it was a gold SUV or if they were able to get the plate. I am certain there was only 1 person observed in the vehicle because there should have only been 1 person in the car and if they saw more than 1, that would have thrown up a red flag. I do not know if they could make out that the driver was Bryce. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1
Thank you. I re-read Dragracerz posts and (I may be splitting hairs here) I don't think the timeline should include that only a driver could be seen on video and/or couldn't be identified because Dragracerz was guessing. He didn't state that the video even had the capability of recording or capturing who was in the car. All we know for sure is that his car and or license plate was captured on video, not who was in the car, who was driving and if there possibly was anyone in the car with him. We have never received confirmation as to where the camera was located and what exactly it recorded (that I know of?)

:wave: Thanks, V4tS - I removed the BBM, in my post above, from my master version of the timeline.
Change will be reflected next time timeline is posted or I quote that entry.

I wish some of these still outstanding details about the SUV would be cleared up definitively by those in the know! JMO

I think LE found enough evidence to assure themselves Bryce was in the car when it went over the slope from the signs of blood, something being removed from his bag and indications of a tool being used to break out of the car. As well as scent dogs following his trail as he walked away towards/around the lake.

An interesting story here, as far as Bryce and his crash are concerned. These two guys drove over a 500ft drop in their vehicle and were uninjured enough to climb back out - plus, they were picked up by a passing motorist at around 4am in the morning. I would have given zero odds for anyone ever picking up two dishevelled-looking men in Angeles National Forest, in the dark, early hours of the morning. Truly surprising.

http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime...tumbles-500-feet-off-san-gabriel-canyon-road/

It seems to me he was not in the drivers seat when the car went off the road.
Was he possibly sleeping and another car hit him because they didnt see the car in the dark.

I can't decide if knowing whether he was in the car or not when it went down, will help figure out where he is. I always get to a point in missing persons cases where I wonder how much the details really matter, after months have passed, but I am sure they do, somehow. JMO

I think the details can matter a lot because;

If the missing person has been murdered, they may well be buried, burnt, weighted under water, or dumped in a trash pile. Or even dispersed. Maybe without clothing, which may be found elsewhere.

If they have commited suicide, they may be curled up under a shrub or bush, hanging from a tree or floating in water. They will have their clothing on them.

As far as I can see, where Bryce's car went over the edge is an unlikely place for an accident. No trace of someone going up to the main road, where help might be available, is even more telling.

Whatever this was, I don't believe it was a run of the mill auto-accident.

I think the details can matter a lot because;

If the missing person has been murdered, they may well be buried, burnt, weighted under water, or dumped in a trash pile. Or even dispersed. Maybe without clothing, which may be found elsewhere.

If they have commited suicide, they may be curled up under a shrub or bush, hanging from a tree or floating in water. They will have their clothing on them.

But we do not know if either of those things occurred. I guess I was thinking about whether he was in vehicle or not. Of course it matters...just not sure we can ever know unless he is found. Not sure, knowing only what we know, how he can be found, I,guess.

According to LE, IIRC, not only could they tell where his head hit the front of the window/ steering wheel - when it landed on its passenger side, the interior of the vehicle had the tiniest bit of blood spray droplets that had fallen directly down onto the passenger door. This told LE that someone, likely Bryce, was in the vehicle when it toppled, and the tiny drops that landed were after the fact, as gravity would dictate. Coupled with the dog scent trails leading from the vehicle, it was pretty much agreed that this was Bryce, in the vehicle when it toppled. And he climbed out the back, after breaking the glass (though some surmise the back window glass broke in the tumble.)

Lots in the thread on that tiny bit of blood. It was so small, no one considers it a bad wound. But of course, closed-head injuries can be the worst.

Just more data, maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't... ;)

Just stopping by the thread to say I'm thinking of Bryce and his family and friends, and keeping them all in my prayers.

According to LE, IIRC, not only could they tell where his head hit the front of the window/ steering wheel - when it landed on its passenger side, the interior of the vehicle had the tiniest bit of blood spray droplets that had fallen directly down onto the passenger door. This told LE that someone, likely Bryce, was in the vehicle when it toppled, and the tiny drops that landed were after the fact, as gravity would dictate. Coupled with the dog scent trails leading from the vehicle, it was pretty much agreed that this was Bryce, in the vehicle when it toppled. And he climbed out the back, after breaking the glass (though some surmise the back window glass broke in the tumble.)

Lots in the thread on that tiny bit of blood. It was so small, no one considers it a bad wound. But of course, closed-head injuries can be the worst.

Just more data, maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't... ;)

I believe that info came from the following podcast:
- - - - Reporter Steve Gregory said (in 10/2 Bill Carroll podcast): SUV
wasn’t really that badly wrecked -when up-righted, it was drivable. There
was a "spider web crack” in the SUV's front windshield.
The SUV “fell onto
its side, the passenger's side, and there were little droplets of blood on the
panel of the passenger's side door, indicating that whatever injury he
sustained, when he hit the window, maybe a nosebleed or a cut on the
forehead, that the blood dripped down to the panel of the door, and then
he was able to get himself free somehow, and get out of the vehicle. The
injury itself probably wasn’t that major.
http://www.kfiam640.com/media/podca...oll/bryce-laspisas-sighting-12p-102-23789878/
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
dragracerz
Verified insider - Bryce Laspisa case

Here are pics of the vehicle.
Note: Windshield not broken
paint on tires match paint on road

Hopefully this will confirm to everyone that car went down the hill and was found on road

Attached Thumbnails

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

BBM - ?Was the windshield cracked or not?

? Was BL in the SUV, or not, when it went down the slope and crashed? Based on what hard fact/s? TIA

I believe that info came from the following podcast:
- - - - Reporter Steve Gregory said (in 10/2 Bill Carroll podcast): SUV
wasn’t really that badly wrecked -when up-righted, it was drivable. There
was a "spider web crack” in the SUV's front windshield.
The SUV “fell onto
its side, the passenger's side, and there were little droplets of blood on the
panel of the passenger's side door, indicating that whatever injury he
sustained, when he hit the window, maybe a nosebleed or a cut on the
forehead, that the blood dripped down to the panel of the door, and then
he was able to get himself free somehow, and get out of the vehicle. The
injury itself probably wasn’t that major.
http://www.kfiam640.com/media/podca...oll/bryce-laspisas-sighting-12p-102-23789878/
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
dragracerz
Verified insider - Bryce Laspisa case

Here are pics of the vehicle.
Note: Windshield not broken
paint on tires match paint on road

Hopefully this will confirm to everyone that car went down the hill and was found on road

Attached Thumbnails

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

BBM - ?Was the windshield cracked or not?

? Was BL in the SUV, or not, when it went down the slope and crashed? Based on what hard fact/s? TIA

After much discussion, and the presence of blood droplets inside the vehicle, and the dog trailing from the vehicle and not the upper road at all, the consensus was that Bryce was, indeed, in the vehicle. I can just make out the hairline fracture near the top edge of the window, driver side, I believe.

The evidence used in the surmised verdict was: blood in the vehicle that had landed while the vehicle was laying on the passenger side; the hairline fracture in the glass windshield; and the dog scenting from the vehicle itself.

Hope that helps :)

If he was in the vehicle when it crashed, since the vehicle was found, all we can determine from this, IMO, is that he got out of it. That just leaves any option thereafter wide open.

After much discussion, and the presence of blood droplets inside the vehicle, and the dog trailing from the vehicle and not the upper road at all, the consensus was that Bryce was, indeed, in the vehicle. I can just make out the hairline fracture near the top edge of the window, driver side, I believe.

The evidence used in the surmised verdict was: blood in the vehicle that had landed while the vehicle was laying on the passenger side; the hairline fracture in the glass windshield; and the dog scenting from the vehicle itself.

Hope that helps :)

End loop

Go to CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #8 - Page 36 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Yes, Eileen730, they did. WSers posted links to the story and images of the scene on previous threads, if I recall.

What if the person or persons responsible for body left there are the ones responsible for taking Bryce!
He could have stopped up there to sleep and in the dark this other car didn't see him and pushed him over the edge
Bryce gets out and confronts the peep.s and they cant leave him there to identify them so they take him

What if the person or persons responsible for body left there are the ones responsible for taking Bryce!
He could have stopped up there to sleep and in the dark this other car didn't see him and pushed him over the edge
Bryce gets out and confronts the peep.s and they cant leave him there to identify them so they take him

Why take him? Seems like they would have just done to him what they had already done to the victim. But who knows.

Hold up....Dragracerz discounted what the reporter stated in that on air report; Dragracerz stated that there was significant enough damage to the car to render it inoperable and unrepairable and he stated that the car had rolled numerous times. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

I haven't read anything, other than the before mentioned on air statement by the news reporter, that states definitively that the driver's head hit the windshield.

Dragracerz also stated that the results of the first dog(s) on the scene that morning were ruled out. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6
And stated several times that he didn't have much confidence in the way that the investigation was conducted the first 72+ hours of Bryce's disappearance (and beyond that time period, too.)

From what I have read, I am not willing to rely on the dogs that were brought in a week after Bryce went missing because heat, wind, concrete, time, amount of foot traffic in the area, etc. can negatively impact the trail of scent left by an individual.

I did, in going back and reading all of Dragracerz posts, discover that he did state that the camera only captured the front license plate area of the vehicle as it passed by. To me that would indicate that they couldn't tell if Bryce was driving or even in the car the last time it was captured on video as they couldn't even see that area in the video. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

Last, I am not convinced that Bryce's blood in the car was definitely a result of the crash. I think LE assumed it was, just as they, more than likely, assumed Bryce took off after the car crash and would surface within a day or so.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, in my opinion, I don't think we have enough hard facts to absolutely conclude that Bryce was in or even near the car when it crashed (of course, with that said, we don't have any hard facts to absolutely conclude that he wasn't, either.)

The man whose body was burned up the road from where Bryce's vehicle crashed was murdered days after Bryce went missing and was dumped shortly thereafter.

It was the video of the license plates that caught the individuals. The police would have known if the same vehicle was in the area around the time of Bryce's car crash. According to the camera, the only other car in that area around the time of Bryce's disappearance (at least traveling into the lake area) was a fisherman who has been cleared by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire