CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Amanda. I'm using IOS but I finally figured out how to see who's signed on. I really never paid that much attention to it. I don't think you need to be signed on to view posts on the actual web page right?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is correct. It just shows as "guests". For example, at this moment, there are 20 (8 members and 12 guests) viewing this page.

Hi @kslyfoxy, hope you are okay, I know your heart is breaking. My prayers for you and all who are close to Bryce. Maybe you can shed a little insight into one burning question that keeps coming up: In what way was Bryce acting out of character just before he hit the road, such that his keys were held for a bit? Just if you can, in general terms, was he sad? Angry? Depressed? Over excited? Manic? Scared? Any insight could be helpful...
Hugs to you. :grouphug:

I've wondered for a while if the thing he removed from the bag that was found outside of the truck was drugs. Castaic at least back in the 90's was a drug area. Going back twice to the same random meeting point would make sense if he was waiting to make a deal.I've never been to buttonwillow but I have a buddy who's a narcotics officer not to far from there. He said buttonwillow is a big drug town with meth labs etc. with what you are all saying about the pictures of drug use....I think you're all on the right track.

Do any of you SAR people know after two months if scent dogs can still be used in the searches at Castaic? I never realized there was so much ground to cover there until I looked at some photos.

What type of scent dogs are you referring to? If you're talking trailing, no. If you're talking HRD, yes.

@kslyfoxy, not going to ask any questions, just want you to know that there are lots of us who are thinking about you as well during this very difficult and life changing time. Take care of yourself.

What type of scent dogs are you referring to? If you're talking trailing, no. If you're talking HRD, yes.

It might be a good idea to bring HRD at this point. What do you think?

It might be a good idea to bring HRD at this point. What do you think?

If the area could be narrowed down enough, absolutely. Problem is there is a whole LOT of area to cover and even with dogs it would be a needle/haystack. In a dream world, it would be great to have "trainings" there to systematically clear areas with dogs. If you look at a mile radius and break it down to square feet, there are 21,884,544 square feet in that radius. That is a whole lotta ground to be searched.

Thank you! I thought I was the only one feeling like I have to walk on eggshells around here. This is my first time on WS and if I'm going to get belittled or hand-slapped every time I make a comment that doesn't jive with another person's theory I may have to think twice about participating. :twocents:

[/B]

That's the key, as long as it is within TOS, it's all good. Part of TOS is that it's a victim friendly/family friendly site and we can't talk about them or accuse them of any wrongdoing. That goes for all cases here. The other part is they added that discussing Bryce doing drugs is off limits, because of TOS.

This is where we are running afoul of TOS. Other than that, we can discuss stuff that we want to. We just aren't allowed to bash family, the victim, his friends. We are per TOS allowed to sleuth POI's and Named suspects but this case doesn't have any.

I have just been reminding people of TOS. I've been around long enough that if TOS isn't followed and they keep warning us and we don't listen, the case gets shut down permanently. Some totally disappear from the site. FWIW

Attention!

Please don't talk about other posters on the open forum.

TIA
fran

This young man had been missing since 9/9/2013 and was just found alive. It gives me hope that the same outcome will happen for Bryce.

https://www.facebook.com/FindChrisTose

Never give up...

See, this is what I hope is the case with Bryce. This guy left everything behind too. And he's been surviving without any of it. If he can, so can Bryce. IMO

It doesn't seem anything like much left to sleuth in this thread that hasn't already been brought up a zillion times. I think this case is going cold very quickly without any new leads. Maybe a private investigator might bring something new to the table. Sometimes no news is good news

I just hope and pray he is found before the holidays so his family and friends can have a very joyful peaceful holiday season. This is so terribly tragic. It brings tears to my eyes daily. Its so painful. I know the pain as when my son has gone missing on so many occasions two months at the longest It made me so mentally and physically sick, I couldn't eat, sleep, think and just felt like I was dying inside when I knew I needed to be strong for my other Son who needed me. I truly believe my son has a guardian angel watching over him and follows him and he always manages to make it back just in time for me to prepare for the next heartache when it happens again. Him going missing never ceases to end and the pain never goes away.

I know Bryce has a guardian angel watching over him too.

Last Sunday my pastor took prayer requests and said one for Bryce and his family. Every little bit helps.

Almost all of these cases reach a standstill after a matter of weeks, if the person is not found. Media loses interest very quickly, unless maybe the missing is a young child. The family really needs to take over and that seems to be happening in Bryce's case. All they are really asking from the public is for volunteers to search and for people to keep their eyes open. They don't owe us much for asking so little, IMO.

Family posted on Facebook that the body found in Silt. Colorado is NOT Bryce! Letting my breath out now....

I also think BL is alive and I don't mean that in an anecdotal way.

Thanks for the info about the earrings and tattoo. About the car. Whether Bryce had the car ownership in his name or not, does anyone think it would be fair to say Bryce might have been worried about crashing the car? Regardless of how his family usually reacted, I wonder if he could be getting things out of all proportion in his mind at the moment, with the attention that's ensued?

I'm looking for reasons to hope Bryce is out there and doesn't feel able to come forward, because I'd love to see him brought home safe. I fear all the searches at the Lake may lead people to think there is no point in looking anywhere else, and he might get missed if he's out there.

Is it just me, or are there the following things that make Bryce easily identifiable if you are looking out for him?

Natural red hair
distinctive, big wide smile and teeth
Tattoo
pierced ears/earrings
tall

The only thing that could be changed easily would be the hair color, imo.

I am glad that person found was not Bryce but sad someone has lost a loved one. Rest in Peace now, whoever you are.

I think it's time to go back to the basics: no clues, just a handful of facts; no suspects, only BL; no body. He is either still in the Castaic/Santa Clarita area, or he walked/got a ride out of the area. The only common thread I come up with from the facts given to us is that he was allegedly not acting like himself that week. I have ruled out a planned disappearance. I've pretty much ruled out the staying with friends theory. I don't know enough about head trauma to rule it in or out. That leaves me with 2 options: wandering around in an irrational state of mind, or suicide (but again, no body...although Klass Kids keeps searching around the lake). And I'm nowhere closer to the answer. Sorry, just thinking out loud (so to speak).

I think it's time to go back to the basics: no clues, just a handful of facts; no suspects, only BL; no body. He is either still in the Castaic/Santa Clarita area, or he walked/got a ride out of the area. The only common thread I come up with from the facts given to us is that he was allegedly not acting like himself that week. I have ruled out a planned disappearance. I've pretty much ruled out the staying with friends theory. I don't know enough about head trauma to rule it in or out. That leaves me with 2 options: wandering around in an irrational state of mind, or suicide (but again, no body...although Klass Kids keeps searching around the lake). And I'm nowhere closer to the answer. Sorry, just thinking out loud (so to speak).

I think they are concentrating on Castaic Lake area because it is such a large area and because thats where the crash was and his scent picked up by the dogs. He could have walked miles around there. It seems helicopters could have seen something overhead unless its very dense brush and trees. What about helicopters using the thermal imaging radar equipment used at night to locate people? Has this been used?

Snipped for space.
Both of Bryce's ears are pierced, according to DRZ, and no one is sure if he was wearing one or both earrings when he disappeared. BUT, he was wearing both studs on August 27th just around midnight, when he took a selfie with his new Madden25 game. He disappeared soon after that, on the 28th, so it is highly likely he was still wearing both studs. The tattooed roman numerals are his birthday, April 30th, per Dragracerz. His folks bought the car (a 2003) for Bryce, IIRC. Likely they owned it, but gave to Bryce so he would have transportation.

Hope that helps :)

IIRC I believe the Highlander was the parent's car they used prior to them "giving" it to Bryce to take up to college with him. If I am recalling it correctly it must have been Dragracerz who posted that information on here. Will look when I get to my computer.

BBM & Sorry to quote my own post

Here is Dragracerz post from October 10th about Bryce's car.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

"Bryce only had this car for about 1 year, it was his parents before that."

BBM & Sorry to quote my own post

Here is Dragracerz post from October 10th about Bryce's car.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #6

"Bryce only had this car for about 1 year, it was his parents before that."

Did he take the Madden game disc with him or was it left behind at the apartment? Or was it a game you download into your laptop without needing the disc? Is there a way to check online play to see if he has been on? I would think he was so excited, happy and jazzed about getting that Madden game he would be playing it daily. If he was planning on running away it seems the disc would be missing to install it in someone else's computer where he would still have access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member