CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the longer this plays out, I really don't think he met with foul play.

Why is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

just a gut feeling, if it was foul play then I think there were more specific activity involved and a definite reason why he was at a hotel and some of the places he went. unless it was a hit and run, which I think would have been found out long ago, so I really don't believe that.

I truly think he is missing by choice or committed suicide and I truly think the friends know much more than they are being allowed to say.

In the beginning I truly thought he would never not call his parents, but if he was having to live up to certain expectations, who knows.

But then again I question myself, Someone else mentioned, this is a 2 year college right? I mean, how much stress could you have? He didn't have to work correct? He had a car that's paid for? I wish I had all that in college. I had to work to survive!

just a gut feeling, if it was foul play then I think there were more specific activity involved and a definite reason why he was at a hotel and some of the places he went. unless it was a hit and run, which I think would have been found out long ago, so I really don't believe that.

I truly think he is missing by choice or committed suicide and I truly think the friends know much more than they are being allowed to say.

In the beginning I truly thought he would never not call his parents, but if he was having to live up to certain expectations, who knows.

But then again I question myself, Someone else mentioned, this is a 2 year college right? I mean, how much stress could you have? He didn't have to work correct? He had a car that's paid for? I wish I had all that in college. I had to work to survive!

I agree, any super stress he had must have been due, IMO, to something emotional, or romantic, etc...not grades or finances. Just starting year two in a junior college should be about as stress-free as college can be. I doubt he had to go out and make a career for himself at the end of the two years. JMO

@ kslyfoxy: We have conflicting info in the timeline … you reportedly saw Bryce on both Tues and Wed evenings … TIA
Was Bryce “acting weird” on Tuesday evening at his apartment AND Wednesday evening at your house?

OR, was Bryce only “acting weird” on Wednesday evening at your house in Chico?

I am in the process of becoming a verified insider and then I will try to go into more details, but for now I will just answer your question.

I saw Bryce on Tuesday evening at his apartment and Wednesday evening at my apartment and he was acting weird both days. Monday everything was fine with us and Tuesday it was like he was a different person.

I am in the process of becoming a verified insider and then I will try to go into more details, but for now I will just answer your question.

I saw Bryce on Tuesday evening at his apartment and Wednesday evening at my apartment and he was acting weird both days. Monday everything was fine with us and Tuesday it was like he was a different person.

I want you to know how much we all appreciate you and your posts. I am so very sorry for what you are going through. I truly hope you are able to find Bryce.
thanks again!

curious, what makes you think that?

wow, have we heard this before? I thought they said there was no "unusual" activity on the phone, those messages/texts would tell us a lot.

There was no unusual activity from Bryce on his phone meaning that he did not talk to anyone except for his mom. When he left my apartment he said he was returning to his apartment in Roseville but his roommate told his mom and I that Bryce never showed up at the apartment so we asked some of his friends if they had seen or heard from him which no one had. That is the reason that people were calling and texting Bryce so much was because no one had heard from him and we didn't know where he was and we were all worried.

ksly, what do you think happened to Bryce? You don't have to tell us why or risk not honoring his parents wishes, or give us any insider information, or wait to be a verified insider. I'm interesting IN YOUR OPINION as to what you think happened.

Do you feel comfortable sharing that with us??? TIA.

To a short person, six feet looks TALL. However, to most Texans, 5'10" to 5'11" is not particularly tall. One of my sons is 6'3" and he does stand out, because the rest of us are average or under. His wife is 5'2", so they look like Mutt and Jeff. (Old cartoon for you young-uns.)

Bryce's hair looks to be that bright carroty shade, so I guess that's not very common, but I don't think red hair is all that rare. I have reddish brown hair myself, and I see a lot of redheads all the time... men as well as children, so probably not dyed. I guess the carrot top is kind of unusual, tho.
Agreed, red hair, even that color is not a rarity in Northern or Southern California. I've lived up and down the state and traveled it my whole life, and I wouldn't blink twice at seeing a redhead, and it's not just limited to Irish descent. My own family has no Celtic blood, and we have redheads in it.
By stating that redheads are rare only leads to more false sightings of those who are redheads. The same mistake was made in the Linnea Lomax case by stating that blondes, even blondes with long, curly hair were a rarity in Sacramento. Couldn't be further from the truth, our own niece who lives up there has long, curly blonde hair and could've easily been mistaken for Linnea Lomax!

Slapping my head here - I have only just 'seen' the bull's head. I really do see patterns oddly sometimes. I thought the small pattern in the center was a serpent, then I thought it was the horns of a bull, the abbreviated Taurus sign you sometimes see in astrology. All the time, I completely failed to see the entire, large outline was a bull's head. I got it now though.

I finally, finally got to see gitana's video too. Lovely. That's exactly what's needed to make people want to find Bryce, I think.

Ahhh I can see where you might see it that way! The "serpent-like" pattern in the center that you're talking about definitely stands out as unusual, particularly in the context of the entire tattoo. I also think it's something that could be spotted from a distance, if he's in short sleeves.

So glad you got to see the video - it's great, isn't it?

Agreed, red hair, even that color is not a rarity in Northern or Southern California. I've lived up and down the state and traveled it my whole life, and I wouldn't blink twice at seeing a redhead, and it's not just limited to Irish descent. My own family has no Celtic blood, and we have redheads in it.
By stating that redheads are rare only leads to more false sightings of those who are redheads. The same mistake was made in the Linnea Lomax case by stating that blondes, even blondes with long, curly hair were a rarity in Sacramento. Couldn't be further from the truth, our own niece who lives up there has long, curly blonde hair and could've easily been mistaken for Linnea Lomax!

as a red head I really disagree with this. as far as natural red heads go, we are RARE, no one can convince me otherwise, I am always on the lookout for kindred spirits - blonde is all over not rare at all! along with brown, etc. I have no clue why in the Lomax case they said blonde hair is rare. and I am not sure how it can be said that it is not a rarity in CA? how is CA different for haircolor than any other state

There was no unusual activity from Bryce on his phone meaning that he did not talk to anyone except for his mom. When he left my apartment he said he was returning to his apartment in Roseville but his roommate told his mom and I that Bryce never showed up at the apartment so we asked some of his friends if they had seen or heard from him which no one had. That is the reason that people were calling and texting Bryce so much was because no one had heard from him and we didn't know where he was and we were all worried.

that is very helpful and explains why so many calls were coming in. eta - and also shows how many people care for Bryce!

It appears that BL was somewhat creative. Did he have or exhibit, even in subtle ways, a religious or spiritual mind set? Could he have been exposed to psychotropic substances while at school?

I agree, any super stress he had must have been due, IMO, to something emotional, or romantic, etc...not grades or finances. Just starting year two in a junior college should be about as stress-free as college can be. I doubt he had to go out and make a career for himself at the end of the two years. JMO

From his roommate's early interview it sounded like some of it's probably self-induced as well. I'm a perfectionist and put a lot of pressure on myself in school to do well. I remember being devastated if I got a B on an assignment (and this wasn't coming from my parents - of course they wanted me to do well, but there wasn't huge pressure from them). If Bryce is the same way, he may put a lot of pressure on himself to do exceptionally well in school. We also know from that interview that Bryce was looking for a job but having a hard time finding one.

Given hindsight and the benefit of age and perspective, I can see that a B here and there wasn't the end of the world, and I think many of us would agree the job market is rough right now even for those with years of experience in their field.

I do think he had other things going on, but as someone who put huge pressure on myself starting in high school, I can see self-induced pressure being a factor even in a 2 year college.

@ kslyfoxy: Can you give us more of a general description of Bryces’ likes/dislikes? TIA
For example:
Favorite place to visit? (ex: ocean, mountains, lakes, cities, small towns, etc)
Did he prefer warm weather to cold, or vice-verse, or liked both equally?
Favorite foods?
Morning person or night owl?
Did he like to drive?
Was he a boy scout growing up?
Did he play team sports or individual sports?
Was he good at talking though disagreements or did he need to take time outs?
What were his biggest dreams for his future?
etc.​

as a red head I really disagree with this. as far as natural red heads go, we are RARE, no one can convince me otherwise, I am always on the lookout for kindred spirits - blonde is all over not rare at all! along with brown, etc. I have no clue why in the Lomax case they said blonde hair is rare. and I am not sure how it can be said that it is not a rarity in CA? how is CA different for haircolor than any other state

As a lifelong California resident, I would say true redheads are fairly rare. As far as hair color is concerned, remember that California is made up of a lot of transplants from other nations, especially Mexico, Vietnam Nam, Philippines, Asia, and similar countries with darker haired natives. The blond surfer boy or girl look is no longer prevalent as it was in the 1960s.

Theres also one on the 99 South in north Bakersfield and one on the 14 South in Lancaster.

And one on the 91 east in Corona and I think there was also one in the desert area east of there IIRC.

Lamar Billboards are now one of my top five all time favorite companies because of their generosity. :loveyou:

I think it is very easy to spot a dye job compared to natural

Are you in California? Cause I see them all over the place. I wouldn't blink twice at a redhead here, and yes most of them are natural, very few are dyed.

Red hair occurs naturally on approximately 1–2% of the human population. It occurs more frequently (2–6%) in people of northern or western European ancestry, and less frequently in other populations. ...

... In the United States, it is estimated that 2–6% of the population has red hair. This would give the U.S. the largest population of redheads in the world, at 6 to 18 million, compared to approximately 650,000 in Scotland and 420,000 in Ireland. ...

... Red hair is the rarest natural hair color in humans. ...

Red hair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member