CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce and I visited Folsom Lake near Sierra College once while we lived there and we liked to go to swimming pools all the time. When I went to visit him and his parents during the school year we went to the ocean a few times. He is a strong swimmer which is why I feel strongly (and hope greatly) that he is not at the bottom of the lake. I know he really missed Naperville and all his friends there and would talk to me about it all the time.
I believe he prefers warm weather because I remember him complaining about how cold it used to be in Naperville.
Bryce likes most food and is not very picky, but as far as his favorites I know he liked Taco Bell a lot because we used to go there frequently.
Bryce is more of a morning person.
He didn't like driving more than the average person. He drove where he needed to go, but he and I would take turns driving so I don't think it was a hobby of his by any means.
He was not a boy scout growing up and he has only gone camping one weekend of his life. He is not a very outdoorsy person. However, he used to go to the gym every single day. He loves working out and is in fantastic physical shape.
He played team sports through high school. He was on the football team and I think he did soccer and other similar sports while growing up, but did not do any in college because college sports take a lot of time and are a lot more competitive.
He and I did not have very many disagreements because we always got along really well, but the few times we did disagree we were able to talk it out really quickly and he didn't seem to have any problems with that.
His biggest dreams for his future were to do well in college, transfer to a good 4 year university after he was done at Sierra, get married and have kids. He and I had talked about our future together in great detail and had a lot of things planned together, which is why him breaking up with me was so out of the blue. Everything had been perfectly fine with us and then he all of the sudden broke up with me and then disappeared. He was acting so strangely when all of this happened, that his parents and I believe that he didn't really mean it when he broke up with me. That is why I personally find it kind of offensive when people on here refer to me as his "ex-girlfriend" because as far as me and his parents are concerned I am still his girlfriend and I am doing my best to help find him.

BBM

Kslyfoxy

It is easy to see how much love you have for Bryce. I think it is great that you continue to help Bryce and his family throughout this trying time. I certainly understand why you are choosing to disregard the out-of-the-blue break-up while Bryce is missing because his actions were so out of character and there seems to be no rhyme-or-reason for anything that happened just prior to him going missing. Stay strong! :loveyou:

Bryce and I visited Folsom Lake near Sierra College once while we lived there and we liked to go to swimming pools all the time. When I went to visit him and his parents during the school year we went to the ocean a few times. He is a strong swimmer which is why I feel strongly (and hope greatly) that he is not at the bottom of the lake. I know he really missed Naperville and all his friends there and would talk to me about it all the time.
I believe he prefers warm weather because I remember him complaining about how cold it used to be in Naperville.
Bryce likes most food and is not very picky, but as far as his favorites I know he liked Taco Bell a lot because we used to go there frequently.
He didn't like driving more than the average person. He drove where he needed to go, but he and I would take turns driving so I don't think it was a hobby of his by any means.
He was not a boy scout growing up and he has only gone camping one weekend of his life. He is not a very outdoorsy person. However, he used to go to the gym every single day. He loves working out and is in fantastic physical shape.
He played team sports through high school. He was on the football team and I think he did soccer and other similar sports while growing up, but did not do any in college because college sports take a lot of time and are a lot more competitive.
He and I did not have very many disagreements because we always got along really well, but the few times we did disagree we were able to talk it out really quickly and he didn't seem to have any problems with that.
His biggest dreams for his future were to do well in college, transfer to a good 4 year university after he was done at Sierra, get married and have kids. He and I had talked about our future together in great detail and had a lot of things planned together, which is why him breaking up with me was so out of the blue. Everything had been perfectly fine with us and then he all of the sudden broke up with me and then disappeared. He was acting so strangely when all of this happened, that his parents and I believe that he didn't really mean it when he broke up with me. That is why I personally find it kind of offensive when people on here refer to me as his "ex-girlfriend" because as far as me and his parents are concerned I am still his girlfriend and I am doing my best to help find him.

Of course you are his girlfriend. Everyone knows that. Clearly, something was off that day.

Thank you so much for that information. So he could be trying to get to Naperville or remain in a warm area. Has he ever been to Mexico? Ever talk about going there? Do the people at the border have his missing flyer? How about Naperville? Anyone there watching out for him? Are the authorities there aware of this case? Hospitals or jails checked there?

Thank you.

Hi Kym. aside of Bryce breaking up with you what other strange behavior?

I agree, any super stress he had must have been due, IMO, to something emotional, or romantic, etc...not grades or finances. Just starting year two in a junior college should be about as stress-free as college can be. I doubt he had to go out and make a career for himself at the end of the two years. JMO

Just because it is a community college does not mean it is stress free. I just graduated from Sierra College and during my last semester I took 21 units, worked two jobs and had a boyfriend, so trust me it can get stressful!! The thing about a 2 year college is that you have to get good grades in order to get accepted to a good 4 year university and transfer to finish your degree. Also, I know Bryce was trying to get a job which can be stressful too.

Just because it is a community college does not mean it is stress free. I just graduated from Sierra College and during my last semester I took 21 units, worked two jobs and had a boyfriend, so trust me it can get stressful!! The thing about a 2 year college is that you have to get good grades in order to get accepted to a good 4 year university and transfer to finish your degree. Also, I know Bryce was trying to get a job which can be stressful too.

Sometimes as young adults we can feel "stuck" or as though we are not living up to expectations... this type of anxiety can certainly build over time and we begin to see ourselves as on the brink of failure or even feel as though we will never reach a better 'place' in life. In reality, we may be doing just fine.

I don't know if Bryce had such feelings. I do know, that young people experiencing these feelings often appear to "have it all together" or "have everything going for them" to others (friends & family) in their life.

Of course you are his girlfriend. Everyone knows that. Clearly, something was off that day.

Thank you so much for that information. So he could be trying to get to Naperville or remain in a warm area. Has he ever been to Mexico? Ever talk about going there? Do the people at the border have his missing flyer? How about Naperville? Anyone there watching out for him? Are the authorities there aware of this case? Hospitals or jails checked there?

Thank you.

He went to Mexico on a trip with his family a few years ago. He hasn't talked to me about going back there. I believe that since the police put him out there as missing the border patrol should have that information in their database but I'm not sure. He doesn't have his passport so that would make it difficult for him to cross the border. Yes I have personally talked with some of his friends and family in Naperville and they are all on the lookout for him and told me that they would let us know if they see him. They also had the Candlelight Vigil in Naperville to spread awareness about his disappearance.

Thank you so much for sharing your insights here and more about Bryce, and your time with him. My heart breaks for you. I can tell you miss him very much. I also wanted to apologize if I've offended you by any of my previous posts questioning if you were his girlfriend or ex. Without knowing more of what was going on, it was so hard to tell. I'm sorry if I've ever said anything to upset you further.

Thanks for answering some of our questions, too. I wonder if his being in such good physical shape could've helped him escape that car accident with fewer injuries than one might expect.

I think it's wonderful that you're doing so much to help find him, and I admire you coming on here. I hope it might help us come up with other ideas or avenues to try. If you think of anything we can do that might be helpful, please let us know. I know there are searches in the Castaic area that people who are local can participate in, but there are many of us who can't do that but want to help.

Thank you so much for sharing your insights here and more about Bryce, and your time with him. My heart breaks for you. I can tell you miss him very much. I also wanted to apologize if I've offended you by any of my previous posts questioning if you were his girlfriend or ex. Without knowing more of what was going on, it was so hard to tell. I'm sorry if I've ever said anything to upset you further.

Thanks for answering some of our questions, too. I wonder if his being in such good physical shape could've helped him escape that car accident with fewer injuries than one might expect.

I think it's wonderful that you're doing so much to help find him, and I admire you coming on here. I hope it might help us come up with other ideas or avenues to try. If you think of anything we can do that might be helpful, please let us know. I know there are searches in the Castaic area that people who are local can participate in, but there are many of us who can't do that but want to help.

It's ok but thank you for apologizing. Bryce was in very good physical shape, and that is why I am hoping that he is still alive. I have gone to the gym with him many times and he could run 7 miles without slowing down and could lift incredible amounts of weight. All of these things make me believe that he would not have a problem surviving out there. Also, having been to the crash site myself, I do not think that the area that he crashed off of is as steep as people might be picturing. From what his parents told me and from the pictures of the car that they showed me since the hill is kind of slanted, his car kind of went straight down and then tipped over on its side. The air bags did not deploy. The car was totaled but that is mostly since it is 10 years old the value of the car is not that much.

He went to Mexico on a trip with his family a few years ago. He hasn't talked to me about going back there. I believe that since the police put him out there as missing the border patrol should have that information in their database but I'm not sure. He doesn't have his passport so that would make it difficult for him to cross the border. Yes I have personally talked with some of his friends and family in Naperville and they are all on the lookout for him and told me that they would let us know if they see him. They also had the Candlelight Vigil in Naperville to spread awareness about his disappearance.

I wonder if hospitals or jails can be notified about Bryce, in the Naperville area, if that hasn't been done yet? I hope the border has him in their database. By the way, he can cross the border without a passport. It's getting back in that's the problem.

It's ok but thank you for apologizing. Bryce was in very good physical shape, and that is why I am hoping that he is still alive. I have gone to the gym with him many times and he could run 7 miles without slowing down and could lift incredible amounts of weight. All of these things make me believe that he would not have a problem surviving out there. Also, having been to the crash site myself, I do not think that the area that he crashed off of is as steep as people might be picturing. From what his parents told me and from the pictures of the car that they showed me since the hill is kind of slanted, his car kind of went straight down and then tipped over on its side. The air bags did not deploy. The car was totaled but that is mostly since it is 10 years old the value of the car is not that much.

If you can tell us, do you know much about the exact location where Bryce's scent disappeared near the 5 freeway? I did a close up on google maps satellite view and it appears to be near a lot of parking lots for people going to the lake. Are there any specifics about the location, that you know of, that you can tell us?

kslyfoxy,

Thank you for clearing up why you consider yourself Bryce's gf to this day.
When I heard he broke up with you, twice, I figured you were no longer his gf.
Not necessarily because you didn't want to be his gf, but because he broke up with you.

<modsnip> I googled to see if there was an update on Bryce, and, as I was reading it, I thought, what a nice young lady. Your personality shines through the page and you seem really cool too but not too far out (opinion from a mother!). So, there I sat reading your sweet comments about your two gingers and how you could hardly wait to see your bf soon before he was missing. As I looked at the pictures of you and Bryce, you both look happy and like you were having fun together. All of a sudden, I thought, why on earth would Bryce break up with this girl? Especially when no problems existed that put strain on the relationship. The only thing I could come up with, without knowing you two, were factors of distance or jealousy of some sort.

Now, of course, I believe you when you say 'no' you didn't want to break up. You must have been confused and somewhat devastated when Bryce said he wanted to break up with you then. Did he give you a reason? Why did his mom say he broke up with you twice? This really is perplexing and strange.
Did you or do you have any inkling that he may have been hiding something from you?

I feel for you that you're going through this bewildering situation right now.
I sure hope his parents and you have answers soon.

If you can tell us, do you know much about the exact location where Bryce's scent disappeared near the 5 freeway? I did a close up on google maps satellite view and it appears to be near a lot of parking lots for people going to the lake. Are there any specifics about the location, that you know of, that you can tell us?

His mom told me that the scent ended near the parking lots towards the entrance to the lake...Not really sure what that means because no one showed me specifically where when I was there. His mom said that when the dogs were searching, the pavement was very hot so that might have made the dogs lose the scent, or that could have been where the scent ended if someone picked him up in a car. I don't know very much about SAR dogs, but that's just what I was told.

kslyfoxy,

Thank you for clearing up why you consider yourself Bryce's gf to this day.
When I heard he broke up with you, twice, I figured you were no longer his gf.
Not necessarily because you didn't want to be his gf, but because he broke up with you.

<modsnip> I googled to see if there was an update on Bryce, and, as I was reading it, I thought, what a nice young lady. Your personality shines through the page and you seem really cool too but not too far out (opinion from a mother!). So, there I sat reading your sweet comments about your two gingers and how you could hardly wait to see your bf soon before he was missing. As I looked at the pictures of you and Bryce, you both look happy and like you were having fun together. All of a sudden, I thought, why on earth would Bryce break up with this girl? Especially when no problems existed that put strain on the relationship. The only thing I could come up with, without knowing you two, were factors of distance or jealousy of some sort.

Now, of course, I believe you when you say 'no' you didn't want to break up. You must have been confused and somewhat devastated when Bryce said he wanted to break up with you then. Did he give you a reason? Why did his mom say he broke up with you twice? This really is perplexing and strange.
Did you or do you have any inkling that he may have been hiding something from you?

I feel for you that you're going through this bewildering situation right now.
I sure hope his parents and you have answers soon.

Thank you very much you are so sweet. This is a very long and difficult story so let me try to sum it up as best as I can in my own post.

I wonder if hospitals or jails can be notified about Bryce, in the Naperville area, if that hasn't been done yet? I hope the border has him in their database. By the way, he can cross the border without a passport. It's getting back in that's the problem.

I've run across several articles about Bryce from news sources out of Naperville, Illinois. Most of them are dated earlier in the case though.
I'm certain the authorities are aware of him and if he showed up, someone would notify someone else. Unless someone is aiding in hiding him, the word would spread that he is in the area.
If similar to my kid, many of the Naperville kids would be away at college but some would have stayed back to attend a two year college too.
One possibility is that Bryce could have gone to a college town where only one kid really knows him though. He couldn't live in the dorms but they're allowed visitors liberally imo. Mine has visited three different colleges since his group has disbursed. Every visit he's stayed in the dorm of a friend but only for a night or two. He's been twice to one college though.

I know everyone wants to know what happened about the break up and the last time I saw Bryce. This is obviously a difficult thing for me to talk about and I do not feel comfortable giving more details as to what his strange behavior involved, so just please know that he was not acting like himself and that’s all that I really want to say at this point.

At the time of Bryce's disappearance, everything with Bryce and I had been perfect and we had just spent the few weeks since he had moved back up North spending every moment together being so happy. The Tuesday morning before his disappearance he called me and told me he had taken Vyvanse and he didn't sound like himself and broke up with me out of the blue without really giving any explanation why. I drove to his apartment to see him later that day to find out what was going on, and he was acting very strange again and still said he wanted to break up and I was confused so I left and went to my friend's house nearby. He later showed up at my friend's house saying he wanted me back. He was acting more unlike himself than before. I went with him back to his apartment and stayed the night and when I woke up the next morning (Wednesday) he was acting better and didn't remember breaking up with me. I was concerned about all of this but went back to Chico because I had class. I talked to Bryce a few times during the day and he told me he loved me and he wanted to be together forever and was even talking about marrying me. Later that day I called him again and asked what he was doing and he said he was sitting outside my apartment in Chico. I went outside to meet him and he said he was breaking up with me again. When I questioned him as to what was going on he said that he had taken Vyvanse and I could tell by his eyes that this was true. I asked him for his keys because I didn't think he should be driving based on the way he was acting and the fact that he told me he had taken the Vyvanse which I could tell by his eyes. He handed the keys over to me and I called Sean (his roommate ) and told him what was happening because he had been there the night before when Bryce was acting strange and we agreed we should call his mom. Long story short, his mom thought he was ok to drive so my roommate and I gave him back the keys. He said good bye to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and drove away. That was the last time that I saw him.

Hi Kim, thank you so much for coming on this thread. We really appreciate it. I'm so sorry for everything you, your friends and Bryce's family are going through. My Son has gone missing quite a few times, first time he was19 same age as Bryce. It is quite painful to say the least. You and Bryce are a very good looking couple and I'm sure once he comes home he will see what a wonderful girlfriend you are who has stayed strong supporting and loving him. He is a very lucky young man to have you. We may seem harsh from some of the previous posts and am truly sorry if we have offended you in any way but I promise you all of our intentions are good. You are very brave to come aboard and we will be very respectful of anything you want to share with us. We all want the same thing and that is to Bring Bryce home safely. I think if we all put our heads and ideas together that can happen and soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know everyone wants to know what happened about the break up and the last time I saw Bryce. This is obviously a difficult thing for me to talk about and I do not feel comfortable giving more details as to what his strange behavior involved, so just please know that he was not acting like himself and that’s all that I really want to say at this point.

At the time of Bryce's disappearance, everything with Bryce and I had been perfect and we had just spent the few weeks since he had moved back up North spending every moment together being so happy. The Tuesday morning before his disappearance he called me and told me he had taken Vyvanse and he didn't sound like himself and broke up with me out of the blue without really giving any explanation why. I drove to his apartment to see him later that day to find out what was going on, and he was acting very strange again and still said he wanted to break up and I was confused so I left and went to my friend's house nearby. He later showed up at my friend's house saying he wanted me back. He was acting more unlike himself than before. I went with him back to his apartment and stayed the night and when I woke up the next morning (Wednesday) he was acting better and didn't remember breaking up with me. I was concerned about all of this but went back to Chico because I had class. I talked to Bryce a few times during the day and he told me he loved me and he wanted to be together forever and was even talking about marrying me. Later that day I called him again and asked what he was doing and he said he was sitting outside my apartment in Chico. I went outside to meet him and he said he was breaking up with me again. When I questioned him as to what was going on he said that he had taken Vyvanse and I could tell by his eyes that this was true. I asked him for his keys because I didn't think he should be driving based on the way he was acting and the fact that he told me he had taken the Vyvanse which I could tell by his eyes. He handed the keys over to me and I called Sean (his roommate ) and told him what was happening because he had been there the night before when Bryce was acting strange and we agreed we should call his mom. Long story short, his mom thought he was ok to drive so my roommate and I gave him back the keys. He said good bye to me and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and drove away. That was the last time that I saw him.

Kim ~ You are stronger, braver and more amazing than I could ever convey to you in this one little post. Hang in there, Sweetie. :hug:

Thank you for the story Kim. I'm sure this was very difficult and I can't imagine what you're possibly going through.

While I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable I was wondering if you could eliminate a few things?

I was wondering if acting weird in any way involved him saying any of the following statements: that he was feeling suicidal or that he wanted to disappear?

If you could at least eliminate that those things werent said or were that would super helpful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's a very intense thing you went through. I can't imagine what you're feeling now. What you've explained clears up a lot. But I'm so sorry to hear what you've endured. And I can't imagine how Bryce's poor mom feels. But it would be so easy to fool someone over the phone and no one could've predicted what happened next. It's just horrible. I hope you have a lot of people who can be there for you.

Shoot I got kicked off the Internet and lost my post.

What I wrote and lost was that hearing the chain of events as they happened in your own words helps make sense of the confusing bits and pieces we heard about before.
It sounds as if Bryce may have had a rare reaction (considering he only took Vyvance two times) to that drug.
You must feel as if you're living a nightmare or some terrible joke is being played out on you. Or wish that could be the answer.

I wonder where he got the drug and if that's really what it was (versus some weird street drug or bath salts or something - I'm reaching). His adverse reaction, being so immediate, seems strange imo. Also why would he take it again the following day as it doesn't seem as if it made him feel productive or better. Just seemed to mess with his thinking. ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme