CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, including a young man named Cory Weiss whose case is featured at the moment here on WS. Missing since 2001 and no-one can find a thing out there for him; no news articles, social media, Namus entry....just nothing. :(

Yes, including a young man named Cory Weiss whose case is featured at the moment here on WS. Missing since 2001 and no-one can find a thing out there for him; no news articles, social media, Namus entry....just nothing. :(

Do you have a link for the featured missing cold cases? My search tool is not working. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just want to give a shout out to any of our sleuthers that are veterans. Thank you so very much for your service! :gthanks: :yourock:

Oh my gosh weird moment in the grocery store tonight. A young man walked by me and for some reason he caught my attention... as I walked past I heard his Mom (I assume?) calling him and she said "Bryce honey, come on, we need to hurry." It wasn't "our" WS Bryce, for sure, but wow did that make me do a double take.

Still hoping, every day.

Speaking of weird moments, I was watching a black and white PBS show on John Kennedy last night and was really stunned how much he looked like Bryce facially when he was young. Same smile even.

I hope you get lucky with the psych hospital calls. Here in AZ, when my son is in the psych hospital (schizophrenia also), when I ask, they ask for a code before they check anything.

I won't know the results until this page is updated as found alive :) all I did was fax the missing flyer to the Psych hospitals in SoCal. Life got busy for me and I haven't had a chance to get back to my list. I didn't realize how many psych wards there are!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Unless a person has requested to be "No Info," we can tell you they are there. Just can't discuss health issues over the phone unless patient says ok first. If the patient is admitted for assault we don't reveal they are a patient over the phone either until LE and patient agree it's safe to do so.

Just my experience, but the HIPPA rules are followed more strictly when your calling a psych ward. My step daughter rolled her vehicle last Sunday and was air lifted to a hospital. She lives several hours from us. After calling around to many trauma centers, just stating "our daughter Blankety blank was airlifted to a trauma center...is she there" we finally found her. They transferred my call to the trauma room where a nurse gave me a very thorough update on her condition without even asking my relationship to her. Thankfully stepdaughter is fine and home recovering now :)

But for psych wards it's a whole different story. I've called many regarding my son. I even had a signed power of atty. they are very reluctant to give out any info at all. When I ask if he is there I get a standard cookie cutter response at all of the psych wards "sorry but HIPPA guidelines prevent us from releasing any info on any patients in our care" it's maddening :( JMO

Everything above is JMO!

Quite new to W.S. and have a question. At what stage is a cold case considered such and who determines that? Tks

Welcome, Cami2!

Bob Harrod has been missing since July 27, 2009. He was 81 then. His case is being investigated by the renowned OC Cold Case Unit at the moment.

I wouldn't accept Bob's case is a cold one though, and I don't think other of his supporters would either. I'm not trying to speak for anyone else, but I do get the impression most WSers are determined that the cases they follow should never become cold until they are solved. :)

I don't think authorities have any general rules or even guidelines about it: Maybe when they feel they have explored every avenue available at the time, or there are too many more pressing cases draining their manpower hours and resources, and there is little pressure from the public to keep the case hot?

Just my experience, but the HIPPA rules are followed more strictly when your calling a psych ward. My step daughter rolled her vehicle last Sunday and was air lifted to a hospital. She lives several hours from us. After calling around to many trauma centers, just stating "our daughter Blankety blank was airlifted to a trauma center...is she there" we finally found her. They transferred my call to the trauma room where a nurse gave me a very thorough update on her condition without even asking my relationship to her. Thankfully stepdaughter is fine and home recovering now :)

But for psych wards it's a whole different story. I've called many regarding my son. I even had a signed power of atty. they are very reluctant to give out any info at all. When I ask if he is there I get a standard cookie cutter response at all of the psych wards "sorry but HIPPA guidelines prevent us from releasing any info on any patients in our care" it's maddening :( JMO

Everything above is JMO!

You have to be the the conservator to get information or your son has to sign a release of information consent form. You can volunteer information but they cant give you information unless one of the two have been met. They don't give out info because of legal ramifications.

I'm wondering if Bryce would have any telephone numbers if he wanted to contact someone other than family or very closed loved ones, or LE, and let them know he was okay. A college friend, for example.

Without his cell, or access to the internet, would he remember/be able to find any numbers?

Bryce has my phone number memorized and his mother's as well. He can contact either one of us even if he doesn't have his phone. As far as I know these are the only numbers he has memorized.

I won't know the results until this page is updated as found alive :) all I did was fax the missing flyer to the Psych hospitals in SoCal. Life got busy for me and I haven't had a chance to get back to my list. I didn't realize how many psych wards there are!

Everything above is JMO!

I think I love you!!!!

This post just shows that you do not know Bryce or his family. Bryce's parents have always loved him unconditionally and he knows that. If Bryce really wanted to "come out" then his family would accept him. In my opinion Bryce is not gay, but I suppose anything could be possible....

Thank you.

This post just shows that you do not know Bryce or his family. Bryce's parents have always loved him unconditionally and he knows that. If Bryce really wanted to "come out" then his family would accept him. In my opinion Bryce is not gay, but I suppose anything could be possible....

kslyfoxy:

I don't think this person meant any disrespect (at least I have to believe they didn't). I truly believe they are just grasping at anything at this point, as many of us are. We ALL want Bryce home with you so badly that we are just reaching and hoping for any possibility out there. Please don't take the post the wrong way. Take it as somebody caring and grasping at straws. :eek:

"Verified insider - Bryce Laspisa case" I saw this when I was reading posts this morning and it made me cry like a baby. There should not be a "Bryce Laspisa case" or any other missing person case for that matter! I feel so badly for Bryce's loved ones REGARDLESS of how and why he is missing. Plain and simple: Bryce is missing and that has to be the most effed up feeling for his loved ones. I can't even begin to fathom how they feel when they wake up to another day of wondering and hoping that today will be the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combfish-mclisa