CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hatfield (and other websleuths), as it happens there aren't really any cabins or cottages. Southern California is very beautiful and diverse but one thing we don't have a lot of are beautiful lakes surrounded by cabins. Lake Castaic is a prime example as it is yet another reservoir and right next to a freeway. The city of Castaic is basically a glorified truck stop, and small enough that he would have been spotted there by now. The only way I think Bryce would have gone to get space between himself and the vehicle as soon as possible was south along the Old Road toward Valencia. This is because it's just wilderness to the east and west, and north is such a punishing uphill grade that a lot of cars don't even make it. Valencia is part of Santa Clarita, which is the fourth largest city in L.A. County, which is the largest county in the country. There is plenty of room to get lost.

I live east of Castaic and on my drive home from work each day I take a longer route, going up the Old Road and hanging a right on Rye Canyon. I do this because I keep thinking I'll find Bryce on the side of the road. On weekends the errands I need to run take me to the mini-malls at the corner of Rye Canyon and Newhall Ranch Road and of course I keep an eye out there too. There is Hamburger Habit that I go to a lot. It makes me think of the alleged sighting early on at a different Habit in town, a bit further down in Valencia.

Thanks and thanks to others who also confirmed there are not cabins or cottages like I expected.

It is so surprising to me because most "recreation lakes" I have been to in many other states always had some rent-type cabins close by that people could stay overnight and enjoy the lake during the day. They were not necessarily directly near the lake, but sometimes private citizens on private property relatively close to the lake would rent out their investment places to lake goers. They usually advertised in local papers and local stores and sometimes it took some work to find a place to rent and stay overnight. From the sound of Casaic, it does not sound like this sort of thing happens there, which I find rather interesting based on the size of the lake. It seems big enough to draw people that would want to maybe spend a couple or more days there.

Also, usually man-made lakes are some of the nicest lakes because the Army Corp of Engineers usually does a good job planning the lakes and planning for the lake's recreational usage along with it. I suppose for this particular lake, it may have been designed as only a day-use only type lake and they may have purposely not wanted any overnight stays near the lake.

As I had mentioned a long time ago, I would love to fish that lake someday because it became famous nationwide when those record size bass were caught years ago. Back when that happened many many years ago, I remember reading in a fishing magazing about this particular lake.

The Forest areas sound real rough and wooded. Wonder if there is a chance if Bryce did not know the area well enough and maybe ended up getting lost in the woods if he was trying to avoid the LE that were training that morning.

This case is so sad, as he seemed like such a nice young person. We all just want him found.

There was a man that went missing near Castaic when his car went off the road and landed in a ravine that was impossible to climb out of. He was found, miraculously, when he heard his family randomly calling for him along the route he was suspected to be driving when he disappeared. The crazy thing was, where his car landed when it crashed was directly almost bumper to bumper with another car that had a deceased man in it that had died after his car went off the road at the same location. Crazy, right?

Here is the link:
http://www.signalscv.com/archives/51954/

Does anyone familiar with that area know how far the area where the missing man was found is in relation to where Bryce's truck was found? From reading several articles on the above miracle it sounds like the area is very treacherous? TIA.

ETA - If you drive a Toyota it might be wise to stay away from the Castaic area.

Good article. Thanks for sharing. How do we get searches going again around Castaic?

I know this sounds really crazy but this thought just crossed my mind. Is it possible Bryce has been located or came home discreetly to his parents Laguna Hills home under conditions as to avoid embarrassment and not be hounded by media questions so they are keeping this quiet till all this dies down and goes cold?

I find it very odd they have not been posting on FB for quite awhile.

Does anyone else think this could be a possibility and LE is aware of this? That would be wonderful if true.

This is definitely not the case. Bryce's family would not leave the volunteers and supporters hanging because we appreciate their help. Wishful thinking I'm afraid. :(

This is definitely not the case. Bryce's family would not leave the volunteers and supporters hanging because we appreciate their help. Wishful thinking I'm afraid. :(

Police always announce when a missing person has been located, even if they say nothing else. They don't want people going off looking, hoping for a reward, maybe being injured or lost in the process. JMO

I very recently sent an e mail to the family giving them several e mail addresses for the various producers of these types of shows. I never heard anything back from them.

I do hope they have finally hired a private investigator. I think that should have been done a long time ago, if it wasn't.

I would also like to see more from the family either on here, FB or in the media. It's starting to feel like they don't want anymore help. Hopefully this isn't the case because I feel like Bryce is not going to be found without the help of the public.

It's very clear to me that people are very quickly losing interest in this case, especially in light of the McStay family tragedy. I've noticed the number of people "liking" the FB page is going backwards. As others have said it's going to be extremely difficult to garner that much attention and help again.

While we appreciate your emails and attempts to help, you are just one of many emails and messages and comments that we receive, and it is difficult to respond to everyone. Please know that we appreciate everyone's help and don't be offended if we do not specifically respond to everyone, and after all your reason for emailing should be to help, not to expect a response.

As far as wanting to see us on here and FB more, we unfortunately do have lives that we must continue on with, and are not able to sit on the computer all day, as much as we would like to. :( And honestly, there is not much else for us to say. We have told as much info as we feel appropriate about what led up to his disappearance, and we have not received any clues or information about his whereabouts. What is there left to post? We are absolutely still looking for Bryce and of course we still want help. We will never give up searching no matter how many weeks, months or, God forbid, years go by.

Castaic and the surrounding areas have been searched on foot, with boats, on horses (I think), and with aircraft. LE is confident that Bryce is not there, alive or dead, and I agree with them. At this point we are trying a new approach of just waiting for awhile to see if maybe Bryce is out there and is waiting for things to quiet down before going home. We do not have any info that would make us believe that Bryce is out there hiding; it is just a different approach that we are trying because everything else we have done so far has obviously not been successful.

I just want to say again that Bryce's family and I appreciate all of your help and prayers. I will of course give you all any updates about Bryce whenever any new info is uncovered.

The only real chance of searching would be an ATV team. I'd say at least 8-10.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If you can find a way to discuss a PI without commenting anymore on the parents, go for it.

Cool, thanks. Not so much a comment as a question. IS there a PI on Bryce's case does anyone know? I follow here off and on so I have heard it both ways.
& Kslyfoxy-thanks for updating when and what you can & know that many are praying for you, Bryce and his loved ones often.

There was a man that went missing near Castaic when his car went off the road and landed in a ravine that was impossible to climb out of. He was found, miraculously, when he heard his family randomly calling for him along the route he was suspected to be driving when he disappeared. The crazy thing was, where his car landed when it crashed was directly almost bumper to bumper with another car that had a deceased man in it that had died after his car went off the road at the same location. Crazy, right?

Here is the link:
http://www.signalscv.com/archives/51954/

Does anyone familiar with that area know how far the area where the missing man was found is in relation to where Bryce's truck was found? From reading several articles on the above miracle it sounds like the area is very treacherous? TIA.

ETA - If you drive a Toyota it might be wise to stay away from the Castaic area.

Wow. That's crazy.

Cool, thanks. Not so much a comment as a question. IS there a PI on Bryce's case does anyone know? I follow here off and on so I have heard it both ways.
& Kslyfoxy-thanks for updating when and what you can & know that many are praying for you, Bryce and his loved ones often.

Yes there is a PI.

Thank you, kslyfoxy - you are in our hearts and prayers.
New post on Find Bryce FB is incredibly moving, it really breaks my heart. I just want this family whole. Bryce's mom's appeal shares the anguish of this unbelievable situation. Praying for closure for all.

Thank you, kslyfoxy - you are in our hearts and prayers.
New post on Find Bryce FB is incredibly moving, it really breaks my heart. I just want this family whole. Bryce's mom's appeal shares the anguish of this unbelievable situation. Praying for closure for all.

I just read it too. Hard not too shed a river of tears. I feel so bad for them. I have faith he will be here by Thanksgiving.

My oldest schizophrenic son has been incarcerated the last 1 year and 6mo for something really stupid non violent. He recently got in a fight in jail so they threw him in the hole (solitary) no calls or visits until the end of Feb 2014. We wont even get to talk to him through the holidays. This sucks and is killing me as he is mentally ill and suicidal. I've been visiting him every weekend till this has happened. It's very difficult and I cry everyday but at least I know where he is. Bryce's parents have no idea where he is and if he's safe and that has got to be so much worse. I've been in that awful position. The longest was a month. The pain is unbearable and as Karen Laspisa calls it in her post "torture"

Hello Hatfield (and other websleuths), as it happens there aren't really any cabins or cottages. Southern California is very beautiful and diverse but one thing we don't have a lot of are beautiful lakes surrounded by cabins. Lake Castaic is a prime example as it is yet another reservoir and right next to a freeway. The city of Castaic is basically a glorified truck stop, and small enough that he would have been spotted there by now. The only way I think Bryce would have gone to get space between himself and the vehicle as soon as possible was south along the Old Road toward Valencia. This is because it's just wilderness to the east and west, and north is such a punishing uphill grade that a lot of cars don't even make it. Valencia is part of Santa Clarita, which is the fourth largest city in L.A. County, which is the largest county in the country. There is plenty of room to get lost.

I live east of Castaic and on my drive home from work each day I take a longer route, going up the Old Road and hanging a right on Rye Canyon. I do this because I keep thinking I'll find Bryce on the side of the road. On weekends the errands I need to run take me to the mini-malls at the corner of Rye Canyon and Newhall Ranch Road and of course I keep an eye out there too. There is Hamburger Habit that I go to a lot. It makes me think of the alleged sighting early on at a different Habit in town, a bit further down in Valencia.
Big Bear is a different story. That's why they missed Christopher Dorner- because they didn't search all the cabins there. There are tons there because it is a vacation destination... Welcome Eric, I'm originally from Granada Hills.

Do we know if LE has shown Bryce's picture to the Sheriff's deputies and conductors who check tickets on the Metrolink trains? There are three stations in Santa Clarita and you don't have to show a ticket to get on one. You just take the chance that you won't get checked. If you have an ID they write you a citation; if you don't (Bryce's wallet was left in the SUV) they just put you out at the next station. Sometimes those people just get on the next train. Yes, the Sheriffs have been involved in the search, but the ones on the train are part of a different group dedicated to Metrolink who may not have been briefed. As it is, since they can easily take the train to work, the deputies and conductors may not even live in the area and may not have been exposed to the publicity.

Big Bear is a different story. That's why they missed Christopher Dorner- because they didn't search all the cabins there. There are tons there because it is a vacation destination... Welcome Eric, I'm originally from Granada Hills.
Yes LinasK I was thinking of Dorner in Big Bear as I was writing that. One of the rare exceptions. Thanks for the welcome and I love the SFV!

It is now raining in the Santa Clarita Valley for the first time since Bryce disappeared, making me think that if someone has been in touch with area homeless shelters, this might be a good time to check in with them.

It is now raining in the Santa Clarita Valley for the first time since Bryce disappeared, making me think that if someone has been in touch with area homeless shelters, this might be a good time to check in with them.

I know at least some had been (Santa Barbara was one place - I realized that's not near Castaic though- but that was due to a possible sighting or two) earlier on.

But I think that's a good point about the weather - both being cooler and the rain we're getting in CA - because even if they had been checked before, there will be people heading to shelters b/c of weather that hadn't been in them earlier.

So both for looking for Bryce himself or asking those in shelters if they had seen him again now would a good idea. Especially since there are other shelters that will just be opening b/c of it nearly being winter (or I'm assuming that's true further north and not just here in San Diego)

<snip>
I just want to say again that Bryce's family and I appreciate all of your help and prayers. I will of course give you all any updates about Bryce whenever any new info is uncovered.

I just want to say again how impressed I am with how graciously you seem to be dealing with this!

As I said in another thread, Bryce and his family are truly blessed to have you.

My prayers for you all continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members