CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce has been in my thoughts a couple of times this summer when I've been around lakes, etc. Such a strange case. I'm really hoping for answers for his family.

Hey all!

I'll be driving down to Lake Hughes in mid-September, and will be passing by Lake Castaic. I'm going to take some pictures of Lake Castaic, and maybe we can compare on "what" it was like when Bryce disappeared. I, too, believe they should search the Lake again...

Where are you Bryce??!!!

Oh - forgot to ask - any thing "new" on the show "Disappeared"?? I guess I missed it!

:tyou: in advance!

Oh - forgot to ask - any thing "new" on the show "Disappeared"?? I guess I missed it!

:tyou: in advance!

On the Find Bryce FB page they stated that they would be filming in August and don't know the air date yet. (New season of the show starts in the Fall.)

On the Find Bryce FB page they stated that they would be filming in August and don't know the air date yet. (New season of the show starts in the Fall.)

:tyou: glad I didn't miss it!!

There's a post on the Find Bryce Facebook saying they've searched Castaic lake with Sonar and no body has been found. Also Bryce will be featured in an upcoming episode of disappeared!

Very, very interesting..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a post on the Find Bryce Facebook saying they've searched Castaic lake with Sonar and no body has been found. Also Bryce will be featured in an upcoming episode of disappeared!

Very, very interesting..

Thanks!

I have long held the position that he was trying to sink the SUV in the lake before walking away into a new life.

Well I'm pleased another search of the lake has been done. I must admit, it's always been my leading theory that he was in there.

I'm looking forward to the Disappeared episode. I wonder if we'll learn anything new from it, because I feel like I've gone over old ground in this case an awful lot and haven't made any progress from it.

I pray that they release more information to the public in the upcoming show. There is more information that has yet to be released and, since the information everyone has received hasn't brought their son back to them, perhaps releasing more information will work in their favor. I really, really, REALLY want to know if there is any truth to the rumors about him contacting ML after his accident. Fingers crossed his family gets some answers.

I just still can't get my head around how a relatively sheltered kid with no history of running away would be ab,LE to stage a disappearance that baffles even the police, and be able to stay away and live in his own devices for 2+ years you know? He doesn't have history or knowledge of that behaviour or world. JMO

I had the same thought but I suppose he just needs someone his family doesn't know, in another state that he can live with. He could easily find jobs working under the table or could probably pretty easily get fake identification to live as someone else. I don't know that it would be that difficult, from what some others have posted on here. It may seem like a lot of people are looking for him but really the vast majority of the people out there have no clue who he is and he could successfully hide unnoticed for his entire life if he chose to.

Very, very interesting..

I was just coming to post that. I really hope that puts the drowned in the lake/searchers didn't search it thoroughly enough theory to bed. I've been pretty certain that wasn't the case based on the previous intensive searches and the configuration of the "lake" - clear, not a natural waterway, desert location so not a lot of underbrush.

Drones were also employed in the recent search. Found nothing. But I'm glad they keep searching.

I just still can't get my head around how a relatively sheltered kid with no history of running away would be ab,LE to stage a disappearance that baffles even the police, and be able to stay away and live in his own devices for 2+ years you know? He doesn't have history or knowledge of that behaviour or world. JMO

And yet there have been multiple cases where exactly that has happened - previously sheltered kids develop a psychiatric or neurological issue and disappear into the streets. And often they survive.

You know very many homeless on our streets are not hardened drug addicts or others from poor or street backgrounds. But they learn to survive. Despite zero experience and despite serious issues that impact their ability to function normally.

We have featured some such cases here on web sleuths.

August 30th is quickly approaching and will mark the 2nd Anniversary of Bryce's disappearance. On the Find Bryce FB page his family is asking everyone to perform two random acts of kindness in Bryce's honor. They have also included a print out with Bryce's name and missing person flier to hand out.

Two years?!?! It honestly seems like yesterday that I got the message asking me to help with his original missing person poster. As we were gathering details I remember thinking that he would surely surface before we even finished....yet here we are two years later with no more answers than we had that very first day.

I hope and pray for the sake of his family that we aren't still here on the eve of his 3rd Anniversary still wondering where he is.

WHERE ARE YOU, BRYCE?

It's a shame ID didn't have Bryces roommate on the show - he would be interesting to hear from and probably saw Bryces more "wild and partier" side tha this parents didn't

It's a shame ID didn't have Bryces roommate on the show - he would be interesting to hear from and probably saw Bryces more "wild and partier" side tha this parents didn't

Not to mention he and Bryce's girlfriend were the two people who spent the most time with him in the week leading up to his disappearance and his roommate may have been the last person he text messaged before he disappeared. I wonder why he wasn't on the show?

Source?

Search continues, 2 years after Central grad vanished

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...nvs-bryce-laspisa-st-0828-20150828-story.html

Several ceremonies and vigils took place in late 2013 as well, attended by family and friends holding onto hope that Laspisa would be found. Nothing has been scheduled to mark Sunday's somber anniversary, however.

"It has become too difficult to hold these, especially for me," Karen Laspisa said in an email Tuesday. "You would think, with time, as his mom, I could do an observance, but my pain is still as raw as it was the day he disappeared."

I can't even imagine her pain. :(

The family stated so on the Find Bryce FB page under the August 18th post ("Update") regarding the last search that was conducted and the upcoming show. It can be found as a response to a comment by CC. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95