CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't they be able to tell right away if it were male or female?

The article stated that the deceased person appears to have been dead for "months or even years" so they may not be able to tell however, the article also stated:

Smith said there doesn’t appear to be a “connection to the missing woman from that area,” an apparent reference to Kristin Whitney Ghilardi, who was last seen Wednesday afternoon at a friend’s house in Canyon Country and has been reported missing.

“As far as questions about any nexus to any missing woman locally, there’s absolutely no reason to believe that this person died anytime recently,” Jauch said.

Could be that the article is just worded bad but it sounds (at least to me) like they may have made the determination or assumption that the remains are female?

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/141750/

The Find Bryce FB page states that the preliminary information they received from LE is that the remains are probably not those of Bryce but they will have to wait for confirmation from the coroner.

WHERE ARE YOU, BRYCE?

The article stated that the deceased person appears to have been dead for "months or even years" so they may not be able to tell however, the article also stated:

Could be that the article is just worded bad but it sounds (at least to me) like they may have made the determination or assumption that the remains are female?

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/141750/

Usually they can tell from the shape of the hip bones. Male hip bones are much different than female hip bones because our pelvis's have to give birth.

My heart skipped a beat when I read the Facebook posts on the way to work this morning. It doesn't sound like this is going to end up being Bryce though.

When I heard the news last night, I froze. With there being a few missing people from around that area, it could be anyone, not just Bryce.

Yet, Bryce is somewhere. Two years. Man, I thought this case would be solved in short order. I never thought it would still be going on.

Sadly, I think Bryce Laspisa is deceased. It seems after all this time he would have surfaced. :(

Similarities with the case of Robin Putnam, missing 3 years, and his earthly remains only just found.
I for one, was sure he was alive but had chosen to disappear and start a new life. I think I was swayed by his Mum's almost daily Facebook posts, and her pleas to her son to make contact.
Sadly it is likely that Robin died on the day he went missing, as his parents waited to meet him at the station.
Heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similarities with the case of Robin Putnam, missing 3 years, and his earthly remains only just found.
I for one, was sure he was alive but had chosen to disappear and start a new life. I think I was swayed by his Mum's almost daily Facebook posts, and her pleas to her son to make contact.
Sadly it is likely that Robin died on the day he went missing, as his parents waited to meet him at the station.
Heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar to Linnea Lomax. I was sure she had run away from her parents and their lifestyle, only to find out she committed suicide.

Similar to Linnea Lomax. I was sure she had run away from her parents and their lifestyle, only to find out she committed suicide.

I hope the Disappeared episode comes on soon. Too bad roommate didn't participate. Did Kim Sly his ex GF? I think button-willow was where the wheels in motion began for this journey to nowhere. He spent so much unaccounted time there. Did he get picked up from Castaic by criminals, party with the wrong people? a crazy trucker, did he hurt himself? I hope one of these days we get answers. I feel horrible for his family.

I hope I don't miss the Disappeared episode. I know some of the episodes make their way to You Tube after they air, but I think it's usually a crapshoot which ones get there as they are posted by regular You Tubers, not by the show itself.

I hope the Disappeared episode comes on soon. Too bad roommate didn't participate. Did Kim Sly his ex GF? I think button-willow was where the wheels in motion began for this journey to nowhere. He spent so much unaccounted time there. Did he get picked up from Castaic by criminals, party with the wrong people? a crazy trucker, did he hurt himself? I hope one of these days we get answers. I feel horrible for his family.
Buttonwillow is Not the kind of place you want to hang out if you don't have to. It's extremely hot, dusty, and smells like cow poop in my experience. It's a pit stop/layover for most travelers on I5 between No. CA and So. CA

I hope I don't miss the Disappeared episode. I know some of the episodes make their way to You Tube after they air, but I think it's usually a crapshoot which ones get there as they are posted by regular You Tubers, not by the show itself.

Yeah I really hope I can see it too. It's really quite sporadic as to when we get them here in the UK and even then it seems to be the same 6 or 7 episodes just repeated constantly. Very frustrating.

I'm not convinced we'll actually learn anything new, but I'd like to refresh my memory of the facts.

Too bad it wasn't on Dateline or 48 hours. It would reach tons more viewers nationwide as not many people subscribe to cable anymore too expensive and with all the TV streaming now like Netflix, Hulu Plus. Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon. People can watch what they watch and when it's much more convenient.

This show should have been done soon after Bryce went missing along with the sonar lake search. Us websleuthers kept pushing for it to no avail. Experts even offered to do a more sophisticated lake search Free of charge but it wasn't never done until recently. What a Shame family waited this long.

I had a dream that Bryce was found last night and immediately rushed here to see if any news had cropped up. Unfortunately, seems like we don't have much new since last time I checked :( Just really sad-you can tell how much his loved ones miss him.

I continue to hope that we will find out what happened to Bryce. My thoughts are with his friends and family. As a member of the Websleuths community, I know that much brighter minds than mine have tried to find Bryce.

Too bad it wasn't on Dateline or 48 hours. It would reach tons more viewers nationwide as not many people subscribe to cable anymore too expensive and with all the TV streaming now like Netflix, Hulu Plus. Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon. People can watch what they watch and when it's much more convenient.

This show should have been done soon after Bryce went missing along with the sonar lake search. Us websleuthers kept pushing for it to no avail. Experts even offered to do a more sophisticated lake search Free of charge but it wasn't never done until recently. What a Shame family waited this long.

Why doesn't someone submit it to the producers of one of these shows, or 20/20? Seems like they are always looking for new stories, especially mysteries, which the disappearance of Bryce certainly qualifies for. I will even watch the reruns of these shows on the ID channel.

I thought they quit making that show?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members