CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update on the "Disappeared" episode that will feature Bryce's story, the family stated on October 11th (on the Find Bryce Laspisa FB page) that the air date will be sometime in the first quarter of 2016.

Won't be able to get it no cable TV. I refuse to pay the prices when I can get OTA channels free, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.

I will definitely post if there is any new information that comes of it (I am not holding my breath.)

Just a bit more information on the remains found...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-angeles-national-forest-bones-found-20151103-story.html

There appeared to be some trauma to the remains but it’s too early to tell whether that was the result of an accident, like a fall, or a homicide, he said.

There were some clothes found with the skeleton, but they did not offer a clear clue as to the person’s gender.

The mandible was found with the skull so dental records may give detectives a lead, Lewandowsk said.

It might be helpful to have dental records. We had a deluge of rain last month. There were mud slides, roads washed out, homes and cars flooded, lives lost. It wouldn't surprise me that shallow graves would be disturbed.

Okay, well they can at least get maternal DNA from Bryce's mother, so it should be easy to rule this person in/out.

The police also have Bryce's dental records on file (from when the burning body was found.)

It looks like they aren't sure but it could be more than 1 set of remains...? According to that LA times article linked by Redux.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It looks like they aren't sure but it could be more than 1 set of remains...? According to that LA times article linked by Redux.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I find it hard to believe that it's one set of remains because they are pretty far apart, but I suppose someone could have dumped them in different places.

The first find of the weekend was a skull, vertebrae and pelvic bone in an “extremely remote” area of Pine Canyon near the Upper Shake Campground in Lake Hughes, Lewandowski said.

On Sunday afternoon, hikers found a hand near a remote hiking trail north of Tujunga. (It's 60 miles between the two)

Hours later, a femur was found at the basin of a canyon in the 2800 block of Tanoble Drive in Altadena. (these two are closer, Tujunga and Altadena, 16 miles)

Saying a prayer for Bryce and his family.

a030.gif

I find it hard to believe that it's one set of remains because they are pretty far apart, but I suppose someone could have dumped them in different places.

The first find of the weekend was a skull, vertebrae and pelvic bone in an “extremely remote” area of Pine Canyon near the Upper Shake Campground in Lake Hughes, Lewandowski said.

On Sunday afternoon, hikers found a hand near a remote hiking trail north of Tujunga. (It's 60 miles between the two)

Hours later, a femur was found at the basin of a canyon in the 2800 block of Tanoble Drive in Altadena. (these two are closer, Tujunga and Altadena, 16 miles)

Sounds like dumping grounds. Serial killer maybe?

Scavengers or in this case carrion eaters will spread remains around a bit. The decomposition scents will draw them in and they feed on the remains, sometimes taking bits and pieces back to their dens or away from the torso so as not to be in competition with other carrion eaters. Yea, I know it sounds rather nasty, but it is the way our eco system works.

Good morning from Germany to you.
Like you see.I still following the case and was putting my 2 cents in sometimes.
The officials state that they found a skull and a femur,but nothing about the clothing they found.
Among those missing is Bryce Laspisa, in a 19-year-old college student who disappeared in 2013 during a road trip from Sierra College near Folsom Lake to his parents’ home Laguna Niguel. Laspisa’s Toyota Highlander SUV was discovered abandoned near Castaic Lake.

Maybe I putting to much weight in the article,but as you all know, it wasn't the first time remains were found close to castaic,it is the first time an article of remains found named bryce. Maybe there are clues that it is him?

http://laist.com/2015/11/03/human_re...les_forest.php

I don't want to come off rude,but otherwise from hoping he is found safe I would also hope this is him,just for the sake of certainty. Sorry..

Good morning from Germany to you.
Like you see.I still following the case and was putting my 2 cents in sometimes.
The officials state that they found a skull and a femur,but nothing about the clothing they found.
Among those missing is Bryce Laspisa, in a 19-year-old college student who disappeared in 2013 during a road trip from Sierra College near Folsom Lake to his parents’ home Laguna Niguel. Laspisa’s Toyota Highlander SUV was discovered abandoned near Castaic Lake.

Maybe I putting to much weight in the article,but as you all know, it wasn't the first time remains were found close to castaic,it is the first time an article of remains found named bryce. Maybe there are clues that it is him?

http://laist.com/2015/11/03/human_re...les_forest.php

I don't want to come off rude,but otherwise from hoping he is found safe I would also hope this is him,just for the sake of certainty. Sorry..

What does it say on the page? When I click on it says page not found.

One of my theories was he was scared of getting into trouble so he took off on foot and possibly got picked up by a bad guy or bad people and that foul play was involved, or could have also been picked up partied with the wrong people, overdosed and they got scared hid the body. Other than drowning this is what I believed happened. After all these years I believe he would have contacted his folks by now.

God bless whoever bones they belonged to.

Were the burning remains from when Bryce first went missing ever ID'd? I know they ruled out BL, but that whole situation was very weird to me.

Were the burning remains from when Bryce first went missing ever ID'd? I know they ruled out BL, but that whole situation was very weird to me.

Yes, not his remains and it was weird and coincidental. I had thought maybe he was walking near when that body was being burned and the bad guys saw him and did something to Bryce if he witnessed it. I just don't know. Maybe somehow its tied in. Poor Bryce. I always hoped he would surface alive. Im very doubtful now.

Yes, not his remains and it was weird and coincidental. I had thought maybe he was walking near when that body was being burned and the bad guys saw him and did something to Bryce if he witnessed it. I just don't know. Maybe somehow its tied in. Poor Bryce. I always hoped he would surface alive. Im very doubtful now.

Here's the "background" article
http://ktla.com/2013/09/11/investigators-identify-burned-body-dumped-at-lake-castaic/

I think that was a weird coincident too,but I don't think they're related. Maybe they heard about one got missing and think they get away with it if the authorities relate it to B instead of the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95