CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the "background" article
http://ktla.com/2013/09/11/investigators-identify-burned-body-dumped-at-lake-castaic/

I think that was a weird coincident too,but I don't think they're related. Maybe they heard about one got missing and think they get away with it if the authorities relate it to B instead of the victim.

Well, This was only a few days after he went missing which is totally strange so you never know at this point they could have seen Bryce while setting the guy on fire. Shot him and dragged him off somewhere. At this point anything is possible.

Well, This was only a few days after he went missing which is totally strange so you never know at this point they could have seen Bryce while setting the guy on fire. Shot him and dragged him off somewhere. At this point anything is possible.
Of course everything is possible until he is found.
But,they did such a bad job in hiding their victim,and it was said it was a rush decision to let the body dissapear after he shot him,I doubt they would done a better job in hiding a second body and why not hiding their victim there in the first place?
From what I recall it must have been 5 days after B's disappearance, a lot of searches were going on the days before,where he should have hidden and why staying so close from where he was gone missing,when there it's possible to be found or spotted easily?
I think law enforcement checked,if the 3 were related to b's case.

Of course everything is possible until he is found.
But,they did such a bad job in hiding their victim,and it was said it was a rush decision to let the body dissapear after he shot him,I doubt they would done a better job in hiding a second body and why not hiding their victim there in the first place?
From what I recall it must have been 5 days after B's disappearance, a lot of searches were going on the days before,where he should have hidden and why staying so close from where he was gone missing,when there it's possible to be found or spotted easily?
I think law enforcement checked,if the 3 were related to b's case.

I just read the article this morn it was three days. LE does mess up plenty of times. I think they made lots of mistakes in the beginning of this case because they believed Bryce went missing on his own accord so I believe lots of important steps in the first 48 hours were overlooked. I wont go over them. Too many times this thread has been shut down. On this thread we walk on pins and needles. There is a lot more info we are not able to discuss here so I'm going to leave it at that. I was so vested in this case that i got totally stressed out over it so i don't want to get that involved again. Sadly, I do believe if Bryce is ever found it will be his remains being stumbled upon.

I just read the article this morn it was three days. LE does mess up plenty of times. I think they made lots of mistakes in the beginning of this case because they believed Bryce went missing on his own accord so I believe lots of important steps in the first 48 hours were overlooked. I wont go over them. Too many times this thread has been shut down. On this thread we walk on pins and needles. There is a lot more info we are not able to discuss here so I'm going to leave it at that. I was so vested in this case that i got totally stressed out over it so i don't want to get that involved again. Sadly, I do believe if Bryce is ever found it will be his remains being stumbled upon.

It's just that the places he chose to stop at are very bizarre locations to decide to walk away from your life at, for those of us who know these places- Buttonwillow and Lake Castaic. Both very desolate, undesirable places to be alone, not much around and both can get very hot and very cold. For more than one reason, if he wasn't killed in the car crash, he wasn't making good decisions at that point. I'll leave it at that. He was very vulnerable to elements and other people.

Here's an little update
http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...hughes-area-described-as-skull-jawbone-162657

in many cases when there was foul play involved they don't publish the victims name beause of ongoing investigations.Like in the case when remains where found I posted a couple of months ago. I think in this case it will be the same.

Nothing to do with B,but I was baffled when I heard about this one,very close to my hometown.Grade A example of gone missing voluntary with no history of runaway and (from what the family said) no family or personal issues.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-years-after-man-confessed-to-her-murder.html

A mother missing her son for years. Was already found years ago and authorities failed big time.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...at-unidentified-at-coroners-office-for-years/

How sad! That's unconscionable that the coroner waited until now to contact her. That was my theory when I set out to use the Reveal tool to match up the missing with the unidentified. It's highly possible that in the case of my two pet cases Mark Dribin and Ilene Misheloff, that either or both of them could have been already discovered, but not identified...

The find Bryce Laspisa f/b page says that the Pine Canyon remains have been identified as female.

Haven't found a MSM link to back it up.

I was up that way - Lake Hughes in September for my little brother's memorial service. I drove really slow past Castaic Lake and the surrounding areas. And than they had the mudslides...
Wishing it would have been Bryce for his family...

Still here, but :lurk:

Yeah, but it was from the end of January, and they have not posted how the lead turned out.

Right. I subsequently read the FB page to get the details. Where are you, Bruce?

Where are you, Bruce?

Bryce's was the first missing person case I followed, which in turn led me to Websleuths. His disappearance was all the more poignant for me, having boys of a similar age, who were away at university at that time.

The fact that my sons are now qualified and have jobs, brings home just how long he has been missing, and how dreadful it must be for his family not knowing where he is, or whether he is alive.

I pray for closure for his family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on the FBL FB page today:
Disappeared show AIRING DATE 4/25/16 released by NBC Universal
"Road to Nowhere" titled show about Bryce will be shown on the ID channel on April 25th at 10 pm Eastern Time, 9 Central. Not sure if it will be 7pm Pacific or not. We will need to check the cable guide when closer to the date.

It was what brought me to Websleuths too. I live near Castaic Lake and my daughter lives in Chico and I saw the articles online and was intrigued. Hard to imagine he hasn't turned up. I keep thinking that the only logical answer is that he is in that lake or afterbay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member