CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't watch Bryce's episode until it pops up on iTunes tomorrow morning but I'm really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of that channel. Most people I know gave up expensive cable and just stream. Too bad this never made it to dateline or 20/20 I think most people tune-in to those on NBC and ABC. They are both OTA free HD channels.

If anyone has a link that would be great.

As IIRC his ex girlfriend KS is not on the episode. I wonder if his last roommate is on. I always believe he knew more than he was saying to protect Bryce. I can't remember his name. JMO

BBM Sean Dixon. And I think you are correct. I hope the details they (and anyone else close to Bryce) may have left out of the media reports this far, if there are any, have been included in this episode. Set to record in 25 minutes and I will be watching it later tonight.

I have followed Bryce's disappearance since day one on here. After seeing the Disappeared episode I definitely have an opinion on what I think happened. I am very interested in hearing what others think who have followed this case all along. I definitely have some new insights from seeing the episode.

This case is so odd. After watching her Disappeared interview, part of me thinks the mother is in denial about Bryce's issues. I mean she had a couple people telling her he was acting strangely!

This case is so odd. After watching her Disappeared interview, part of me thinks the mother is in denial about Bryce's issues. I mean she had a couple people telling her he was acting strangely!

Agree with you on this. I don't think she may realize how much the alcohol and drugs can affect a persons brain/ thought processes. I also wonder if there was something else that was bothering Bryce that precedes the increased use of alcohol/ drug use. Seems that there may have been.

I agree. the mom is in denial. I see obvious clues that he is depressed and ashamed of telling the truth to his parents. He is upset about the breakup, ashamed his parents will figure out he used drugs and most likely ashamed that he wasted his parents money and dreams by not wanting to continue college. College is not cheap. If he thinks he wasted $10-20k of his parent's money, it can be pretty devastating. That is a lot of pressure. He most likely asked for a ride to Mexico or is in a homeless shelter.

I have followed Bryce's disappearance since day one on here. After seeing the Disappeared episode I definitely have an opinion on what I think happened. I am very interested in hearing what others think who have followed this case all along. I definitely have some new insights from seeing the episode.

Day one for me too since he went missing not too far from me I took big interest in the case.

I won't get to see episode until it's on the website.

I learned a lot after KS and others who were close to the family were verified members but they left the thread. I won't be able to see the episode until it's on the website but I'm sure they didn't talk about the Vyvanse he had been taking and his past arrest as he had completed probation. The family was very private always hush hush about it. Never talked about it the negative things.

I hope they brought forth everything as hiding things that happen in the past can hinder the investigation.

As so many years gone by. Sadly, I feel Bryce is no longer is with us that he possibly met up with foul play, suicide, accidental drowning or succumbed to the elements.

Poor beautiful firefighter Nicole Mittendorff just recently took her own life in Shenandoah National park. It happens folks.

Lots of holes in this story
I think Bryce had a lot of skeletons in his closet.

I'm curious about the show.

Did they happen to mention Mike Laspisa adopted Bryce when he was 2? So not his biological Dad.

Did they also mention the Vyvanse bender Bryce was coming down from, he hadn't slept for days prior to taking of to his folks?

When you do a show like that you have to be upfront and honest. It's about finding your son. No one cares that he wasn't a perfect child no one is.

whiteorchids - this was really a very good show and it is pretty clear LE and the parents have differing opinions on what happened to Bryce and why. I think Bryce did walk away- at least at first. Whether he is still alive out there at this point - I am not sure. But people have walked away before. he sat in Buttonwillow for a long long time contemplating something. And he was obviously avoiding going home. I agree with the post above in that Bryce has skeletons in his closet.

whiteorchids - this was really a very good show and it is pretty clear LE and the parents have differing opinions on what happened to Bryce and why. I think Bryce did walk away- at least at first. Whether he is still alive out there at this point - I am not sure. But people have walked away before. he sat in Buttonwillow for a long long time contemplating something. And he was obviously avoiding going home. I agree with the post above in that Bryce has skeletons in his closet.

I believe he ran off because he was afraid of getting in trouble again with his parents he was finally off probation and thought he screwed up maybe being high, accident whatever. I think by him taking off he met up with his demise.

I'm curious about the show.

Did they happen to mention Mike Laspisa adopted Bryce when he was 2? So not his biological Dad.

Did they also mention the Vyvanse bender Bryce was coming down from, he hadn't slept for days prior to taking of to his folks?

When you do a show like that you have to be upfront and honest. It's about finding your son. No one cares that he wasn't a perfect child no one is.

They did talk about the drugs. Don't remember about being adopted.

BBM Sean Dixon. And I think you are correct. I hope the details they (and anyone else close to Bryce) may have left out of the media reports this far, if there are any, have been included in this episode. Set to record in 25 minutes and I will be watching it later tonight.

Thanks Voice. I could not think of his name for the life of me.

Was Sean Dixon on the show? He was his roommate before he left and I believe he knows more. He had a note or something Bryce had written as IIRC. He read it on the media. I remember it kinda sounded like a suicide note without actually saying it.

Sean was not on the show. There was a couple of references to him calling mom about Bryces behavior. And I believe they said he gave away a few of his prized possessions to his roommate prior to leaving.

Sean was not on the show. There was a couple of references to him calling mom about Bryces behavior. And I believe they said he gave away a few of his prized possessions to his roommate prior to leaving.

Was his GF Kim Sly?

Just finished watching. The only people on the show were Karen, Mike, Denise Savastano (their Private Investigator...the 2nd one, right?) and Robert Martingale (sp?) - Lead detective on the case. To answer the drug question, they did go into much more detail about the Vyvance then I thought they would...and also more than I think the family has ever admitted to previously. They didn't bring up anything about his prior arrest or "probation" (or whatever it is called in ILL.) They down played his behavior at Kim's which resulted in her taking the keys away from him. Something I had never heard of was that prior to his departure from his apartment he gave away (to Sean) his gaming system and diamond earrings that belonged to his mom(?) Also, they did touch on his erratic behavior before he left but said nothing specific about him mentioning suicide to Kim and Sean the night prior. His parents were very dismissive of his drug use and drinking two large bottles of hard alcohol a weekend the 2 weeks up at college leading up to his disappearance (something else mentioned in the show)....making it out to be normal college behavior and less of him having an issue that had anything to do with his disappearance. It was also mentioned in the show that he was definitely accelerating intentionally when he was going down the grassy hill to the 25 foot embankment he went over, to the point that his under carriage was unearthing large rocks due to the speed of the car. Also, the water, from where his car went off the road, looked a lot closer than it actually was....leading the investigators to believe that his intent was to put the car into the water. Investigators believe he is no longer in the Castaic area, possibly walked (so that he wasn't seen) up by the dam and to the truck stop where he hitched a ride somewhere and continues to hide out. Parents believe the only possibility, if he is alive, is that he has amnesia from the car crash and doesn't know who he is, or he has sudden onset schizophrenia or something similar that is preventing him from knowing who he is or how to get home to them. (I took notes and will add more if I missed something of importance.)

Thanks Voice. I could not think of his name for the life of me.

Was Sean Dixon on the show? He was his roommate before he left and I believe he knows more. He had a note or something Bryce had written as IIRC. He read it on the media. I remember it kinda sounded like a suicide note without actually saying it.

It was his text message. Sean was the last person to get a text from him. “I love you bro, seriously. You are the best person I’ve ever met. You saved my soul.”

No mention of Bryce ever telling anyone (at the rest stop) that he is "going to hang with friends later"

I have always thought that Bryce was upset with his parents for repeatedly tracking him down. He had to talk to his mom on the phone at KS's house to get his keys back, his mom had been talking to his roommate about his concern of what had occurred the night prior, his mom tracked him down in Buttonwillow, sent Christian back to check on him in Buttonwillow, pinged his phone, sent the police to question him, had the police search him and the police made him speak to her (when he didn't want to), had Christian track him down AGAIN, had Christian then sit there and wait for him to leave and then follow him for 10 miles on the freeway, then they kept calling him over and over and over. They said in the show that he didn't want to speak to his mom and when she asked what he was doing after the police did a sobriety check on him and checked his vehicle he said something along the lines of, "I'm putting my things back in my car because the police just searched the car." <----- though Karen said it very nonchalant in the show I can't imagine a 19 year old being thrilled about what had just occurred with the police. I stand by my original opinion that he never intended to go home. Though he may have led his parents to believe that is where he was heading, I don't believe he ever intended to go home that weekend. (And the police seem to waiver on that, as well.)

Just finished watching. The only people on the show were Karen, Mike, Denise Savastano (their Private Investigator...the 2nd one, right?) and Robert Martingale (sp?) - Lead detective on the case. To answer the drug question, they did go into much more detail about the Vyvance then I thought they would...and also more than I think the family has ever admitted to previously. They didn't bring up anything about his prior arrest or "probation" (or whatever it is called in ILL.) They down played his behavior at Kim's which resulted in her taking the keys away from him. Something I had never heard of was that prior to his departure from his apartment he gave away (to Sean) his gaming system and diamond earrings that belonged to his mom(?) Also, they did touch on his erratic behavior before he left but said nothing specific about him mentioning suicide to Kim and Sean the night prior. His parents were very dismissive of his drug use and drinking two large bottles of hard alcohol a weekend the 2 weeks up at college leading up to his disappearance (something else mentioned in the show)....making it out to be normal college behavior and less of him having an issue that had anything to do with his disappearance. It was also mentioned in the show that he was definitely accelerating intentionally when he was going down the grassy hill to the 25 foot embankment he went over, to the point that his under carriage was unearthing large rocks due to the speed of the car. Also, the water, from where his car went off the road, looked a lot closer than it actually was....leading the investigators to believe that his intent was to put the car into the water. Investigators believe he is no longer in the Castaic area, possibly walked (so that he wasn't seen) up by the dam and to the truck stop where he hitched a ride somewhere and continues to hide out. Parents believe the only possibility, if he is alive, is that he has amnesia from the car crash and doesn't know who he is, or he has sudden onset schizophrenia or something similar that is preventing him from knowing who he is or how to get home to them. (I took notes and will add more if I missed something of importance.)

Thanks for the rundown of the show. It's strikes me as odd that KS and SD was not on the show. They were two very important people in his life. BL was a big gamer giving and giving away his system and earrings is very telling to me. Wasn't he friends with the blonde gal that went missing and was found after hanging herself? She was found by Marc Klass in northern CA I believe.

Sorry, I'm so brain dead right now. My memory is bad. I'm thinking more and more suicide. So sad. I hope he's found either way so his family can have closure and find peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85