CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on the FBL FB page today:
I'm very glad to hear this! I constantly watch and rewatch these shows, as I'm sure many others do, I hope they do this case justice -I've been disappointed by only a couple.

OT... I watched a new 'see no evil' about Mickey Shunick,which was the case that brought me to WS... it's very surreal when you are deeply involved for weeks, you know the information left out, you know how many hours you spent looking at a white truck, and the case is solved on TV in 42 minutes lol that's what makes disappeared so unique ...there has yet to be an ending (although ... spoiler alert ... many on the old episodes have been solved or the missing found at least).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

How do you watch this show if you don't have cable?

I don't think you can unless someone records it and posts it on YouTube or similar. I plan on watching it and posting a detailed recap along with any new info (if there is any.....I am not holding my breath.)

It was what brought me to Websleuths too. I live near Castaic Lake and my daughter lives in Chico and I saw the articles online and was intrigued. Hard to imagine he hasn't turned up. I keep thinking that the only logical answer is that he is in that lake or afterbay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's not in Castaic, I think it's more likely he walked away from his life. Olivia Newton John's ex did that. Why didn't they check the lake when the water levels were low?

If he's not in Castaic, I think it's more likely he walked away from his life. Olivia Newton John's ex did that. Why didn't they check the lake when the water levels were low?

I think he is either in the lake, succumbed to the elements, it was triple digit heat that day, or encountered foul play that day possibly got mixed up with the wrong people or person. Either someone from Buttonwillow or evil person that gave him a ride from Castaic. I don't for one minute believe he would have left his life willingly without sending a letter or message to his Mom that he was ok after all this time has passed. They were close. He was young and didn't have the means to take care of himself unless someone took him in which I doubt. JMO

I have spent hours reading all I can find on this case. His best friend room mate said he left with just the bare essentials and said he would be back. His parents said he was acting oddly while driving and kept pulling off the road and stopping. This may be far fetched, but as a mother of a son that developed bi-polar paranoia at the age of 19, it sounds eerily familiar in some ways. I believe Bryce is probably living homeless and survived the accident. If he is in a mental state, he doesn't care about contacting his parents, [not because he doesn't love them], he may be fighting his own demons. I am only stating my own opinion and seeing similarities. I am hoping for a good outcome for these grieving parents.

I have spent hours reading all I can find on this case. His best friend room mate said he left with just the bare essentials and said he would be back. His parents said he was acting oddly while driving and kept pulling off the road and stopping. This may be far fetched, but as a mother of a son that developed bi-polar paranoia at the age of 19, it sounds eerily familiar in some ways. I believe Bryce is probably living homeless and survived the accident. If he is in a mental state, he doesn't care about contacting his parents, [not because he doesn't love them], he may be fighting his own demons. I am only stating my own opinion and seeing similarities. I am hoping for a good outcome for these grieving parents.

I so wish this were true. Sorry to hear about your son we are in the same club. My son has severe mental illness so I know about it very well. Ive been to so many mental hospitals, hospital psych wards, and many psychiatrists throughout my adult sons life which started in his 20's in college and now in his 30's. I feel like an expert. It's a never ending battle fighting the demons in their head. He has Bi- polar with psychotic features and schizoaffective disorder. If Bryce was in a psychotic episode I don't believe he would care about changing his looks because in a psychotic break, your in another world and out of touch with reality, delusional. Not thinking about coloring your hair, showering, etc If anything your personal hygiene goes downhill and many cant take care of themselves and go on SSDI. Severe MI is disabling. I believe Bryce would have been spotted easily with his red hair and large tattoo and acting strangely would have gotten the police called on him. It's hard to hide from others. He could have been extremely depressed. He had been on probation year earlier for marijuana, these days no big deal but maybe afraid of getting in trouble with his parents after the crash and that cops might have drug tested after the accident so he took off. Many WS and FB friends reached out by handing out flyers everywhere even going to Castaic and BW helping with the case and even sought out the homeless communities with flyers. Bryce could have accidentally drowned in the lake it was 115° that day if he hit his head maybe passed out drowned. They did lake searches but used sonar over a year later. No sign of Bryce. He could have been missed like Dr Teleka Patrick a young beautiful female resident who went missing. She had been seen acting strangely caught on CCTV at a hotel right before she went missing. They did nearby lake searches with Sonar equipment. No sign of her. Four months later a fisherman saw her body in the lake. Autopsy said she had drowned.

Bryce had been taking Vyvanse it's a drug like adderall (speed) that is popular amongst the college community. Coming down from that drug causes extreme depression which has been known to make someone suicidal. I think he was coming off the effect of the drug because his GF said he had been up for days on it. Crash and burn. He pulled off in Buttonwillow to sleep. His GF at the time said he was acting strangely up until he went missing she even took his keys away. Mom told her to give him back the keys she did and he left for Laguna Niguel. For awhile Bryces GF was a regular poster here on WS. She eventually moved on with her life. Bless her. She loved him so much.

I hope he is still alive out there but I'm not feeling it. I wish he would be found so his family can have closure and find peace.

Sorry for the long post but since today Easter I was thinking about him and his family. :(

I so wish this were true. Sorry to hear about your son we are in the same club. My son has severe mental illness so I know about it very well. Ive been to so many mental hospitals, hospital psych wards, and many psychiatrists throughout my adult sons life which started in his 20's in college and now in his 30's. I feel like an expert. It's a never ending battle fighting the demons in their head. He has Bi- polar with psychotic features and schizoaffective disorder. If Bryce was in a psychotic episode I don't believe he would care about changing his looks because in a psychotic break, your in another world and out of touch with reality, delusional. Not thinking about coloring your hair, showering, etc If anything your personal hygiene goes downhill and many cant take care of themselves and go on SSDI. Severe MI is disabling. I believe Bryce would have been spotted easily with his red hair and large tattoo and acting strangely would have gotten the police called on him. It's hard to hide from others. He could have been extremely depressed. He had been on probation year earlier for marijuana, these days no big deal but maybe afraid of getting in trouble with his parents after the crash and that cops might have drug tested after the accident so he took off. Many WS and FB friends reached out by handing out flyers everywhere even going to Castaic and BW helping with the case and even sought out the homeless communities with flyers. Bryce could have accidentally drowned in the lake it was 115° that day if he hit his head maybe passed out drowned. They did lake searches but used sonar over a year later. No sign of Bryce. He could have been missed like Dr Teleka Patrick a young beautiful female resident who went missing. She had been seen acting strangely caught on CCTV at a hotel right before she went missing. They did nearby lake searches with Sonar equipment. No sign of her. Four months later a fisherman saw her body in the lake. Autopsy said she had drowned.

Bryce had been taking Vyvanse it's a drug like adderall (speed) that is popular amongst the college community. Coming down from that drug causes extreme depression which has been known to make someone suicidal. I think he was coming off the effect of the drug because his GF said he had been up for days on it. Crash and burn. He pulled off in Buttonwillow to sleep. His GF at the time said he was acting strangely up until he went missing she even took his keys away. Mom told her to give him back the keys she did and he left for Laguna Niguel. For awhile Bryces GF was a regular poster here on WS. She eventually moved on with her life. Bless her. She loved him so much.

I hope he is still alive out there but I'm not feeling it. I wish he would be found so his family can have closure and find peace.

Sorry for the long post but since today Easter I was thinking about him and his family. :(

The one thing I continue to disagree about is that Bryce would stand out in California being a redhead. I've lived up and down the state my whole life, and redheads are common, noone would give them a second thought. And it's not just the Irish population-my family is Russian Jewish and we have natural redheads in it too.

The one thing I continue to disagree about is that Bryce would stand out in California being a redhead. I've lived up and down the state my whole life, and redheads are common, noone would give them a second thought. And it's not just the Irish population-my family is Russian Jewish and we have natural redheads in it too.

I've lived all over CA as well, been here in the OC for last 30 years and I fail to differ with you. Redheads not as common. My younger son is a ginger. I think if Bryce was acting as erratic and strange as people around him said he was he would have caught someone's attention. Just my two cents but who knows. Fact is he's been missing years under bizarre circumstances sadly, it doesn't look good IMO but will never give up hope. :(

“Road to Nowhere” Premieres Monday, April 25 at 10/9c on Investigative Discovery DISAPPEARED

Story of BRYCE LASPISA: Missing Since 8/30/13 from Orange County, Calif.

College student Bryce Laspisa is headed south to visit his parents in Orange County, Calif. It should have been a quick drive down the freeway but, unknown to his parents, something is troubling the usually carefree 19-year old that has turned a five-hour drive into a 20-hour odyssey. Laspisa is in constant phone contact with his parents from the road, but he’s behaving mysteriously, pulling off the freeway again and again for unknown reasons. When his car is found crashed and abandoned in a remote desert park, investigators and his family begin a desperate search for clues into Laspisa’s disappearance and try to make sense of his baffling behavior.

https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...still-searching-for-their-missing-loved-ones/

http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...n-investigation-discoverys-disappeared-169296

The one-hour long “Disappeared” episode dedicated to Bryce’s story, titled “Road to Nowhere,” will air on Investigation Discovery on Monday, April 25 at 7 p.m PST

“As his mom, he’s my only child, I know he wouldn’t do this on purpose. His dad is on the same page, too. The first week we thought that maybe he thought the he did something wrong and was ashamed but after a week, we thought there is no way that he would just put everybody through this. Not just mom and dad, but also his family and friends,” said Karen Laspisa in a previous story. “He loved life too much and he was looking forward to so many things. It just doesn’t make sense.”

I've lived all over CA as well, been here in the OC for last 30 years and I fail to differ with you. Redheads not as common. My younger son is a ginger. I think if Bryce was acting as erratic and strange as people around him said he was he would have caught someone's attention. Just my two cents but who knows. Fact is he's been missing years under bizarre circumstances sadly, it doesn't look good IMO but will never give up hope. :(
Bryce would have called attention to himself for acting erractically, not for being a redhead in California. My aunt, who was a natural redhead until she went completely grey, lived in Laguna Hills.

:bump:

just a reminder! TONITE!!!

SAVE THE DATE-4-25-16- MISSING BRYCE LASPISA
Disappeared show AIRING DATE 4/25/16 released by NBC Universal
"Road to Nowhere" titled show about Bryce will be shown on the ID channel on April 25th at 10 pm Eastern Time, 9 Central. Not sure if it will be 7pm Pacific or not.

I'll be watching - to see if anything new! Have a reminder for this show tonight!

"Road to Nowhere" titled show about Bryce will be shown on the ID channel on April 25th at 10 pm Eastern Time, 9 Central. Not sure if it will be 7pm Pacific or not.

I'll be watching - to see if anything new! Have a reminder for this show tonight!

I've never heard of that channel. Most people I know gave up expensive cable and just stream. Too bad this never made it to dateline or 20/20 I think most people tune-in to those on NBC and ABC. They are both OTA free HD channels.

If anyone has a link that would be great.

As IIRC his ex girlfriend KS is not on the episode. I wonder if his last roommate is on. I always believe he knew more than he was saying to protect Bryce. I can't remember his name. JMO

Yup! Just set to record 7p.m.PST.
I've never heard of that channel. Most people I know gave up expensive cable and just stream. Too bad this never made it to dateline or 20/20 I think most people tune-in to those on NBC and ABC. They are both OTA free HD channels.

As IIRC his ex girlfriend KS is not on the episode. I wonder if his last roommate is on. I always believe he knew more than he was saying to protect Bryce. I can't remember his name. JMO
We have AT&T Uverse. ID channel is channel 1260 in HD. (Investigation Discovery)

Even the play I went to last night, the woman and her daughter who sat next to me were natural redheads. They're everywhere...

You will be able to stream it on the Investigation Discovery's official website. The first episode of this season which aired 2 weeks ago is up for streaming now. I'm guessing episode 2 will be available to stream tomorrow, and then a week from tomorrow Bryce's episode (episode 3) will be available to stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89