CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Tricia is talking to Mr and Mrs Laspisa, it might also be suggested that a marine inspection agency or LE department with an ROV that is equipped with a low light camera and side scan sonar to check promising areas of the lake and dam face. This technology is becoming more and more mainstream with various LE departments and the Military. They have been used with success on under ice drowning recoveries. I would submit it would not hurt to do a limited ROV search to at least rule out target areas, the base of the dam face and any spillways, drains and grates. If you want to see the technology, do a web search for "Video Ray" ROV.

When Tricia is talking to Mr and Mrs Laspisa, it might also be suggested that a marine inspection agency or LE department with an ROV that is equipped with a low light camera and side scan sonar to check promising areas of the lake and dam face. This technology is becoming more and more mainstream with various LE departments and the Military. They have been used with success on under ice drowning recoveries. I would submit it would not hurt to do a limited ROV search to at least rule out target areas, the base of the dam face and any spillways, drains and grates. If you want to see the technology, do a web search for "Video Ray" ROV.

This is an excellent suggestion because the agencies may be glad to do it for them and it could be free for them.

I agree that more and more agencies are acquiring underwater camera capabilities. The technology is getting cheaper and the devices are getting more common. I even bought an underwater camera at a garage sale for fishing. It doesnt have a very long cord though.

I realize the family probably doesnt want to think about this possibility but I would hope they can understand that the job now is to find him no matter what happened to him. Nobody can change whatever happened or where he is, so since this still seems to be an open possibility still, then all things must be considered and pursued IMO.

I'm so glad to see Bryce's thread reopened. There's a handful of missing people that have stuck with me since I joined here, and Bryce is one of them.

I thought there was a good possibility Bryce walked away from the accident and was living elsewhere, but after so much time has elapsed, it doesn't seem as likely. Though I thought for sure we wouldn't have the pleasure of seeing Abigail Hernandez come home, and we did, so I'm more than happy to be proven wrong again!

Praying for resolution to Bryce's missing very soon.

So glad to see Bryce's thread re-opened also! At first I thought he might have been found... but only the one year anniversary of his disappearance...

I too think he is in the lake unfortunately, otherwise, as you have all said - he has distinctive looks - and would have been noticed a long time ago.

Where are you Bryce??

Bryce's parents, Mike and Karen Laspisa will be on my radio podcast on Thursday Sept 11th 8:00 PM Eastern.

To listen to any episodes of True Crime Radio go to www.truecrimeradio.com There you will see the link to iHeart Radio.com. Click on that link every Thursday 8 PM Eastern and you will hear the show live. Also at truecrimeradio.com we have our chat room that opens half hour before show time.

Hopefully you will join us. If you have any questions for Bryce's parents please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thank you

Tricia:

For those of us that weren't able to listen to the show with Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa, when will it be available and is there a way of reading what went on in the chat room during the show? Thank you!

Thanks for asking la2cabo,

The show will be live next Thursday Sept 11th. If you miss the show it will be posted in my archives where all past shows are kept. www.spreaker.com/triciag

As far as the chat room I'm sorry I don't have any way to save the chat.

Remember go to www.truecrimeradio.com and that's where you will find the actual live link to the show on iHeart. Click on that live iHeartlink at 8 PM Eastern Thursday nights to listen to the show.

I have heard from Bryce's parents again and they are grateful to everyone for keeping Bryce's name out there.

Take Care,
Tricia

I am so thankful this thread was re-opened. I often wonder about Bryce...where is he? I don't think he was planning on going home that day, I think something happened, what, I don't know.

Bryce's parents send their apologies but they will not be able to be guests on True Crime Radio tonight. No worries. They have graciously agreed to come on at a later date. We are looking at the first week in OCT as a possibility.

I can't help but think BL chose to take a permanent solution to a temporary problem. JMVHO

I do hope there will soon be resolution ... for his loving parents' and family's sake.

There is one thing that has been bugging me from the start....

How well was the road service guy checked out? Was his vehicle GPS enabled and tracked? Was his cell phone GPS enabled? Background Check?

Any paint from the exterior of the Bryce's vehicle transferred onto the bumper(s) of the service truck?

Am I correct that the service vehicle person was the last individual to speak to Bryce?

the service vehicle episode took place in Buttonwillow, not Castaic Lake

I know a lot of people have mentioned that they think Castaic Lake merits further searching. Just wanted to post this article I came across today about how the drought here in CA is affecting water levels in the lake. The Castaic Lake Water Agency officals are reporting that it's 100 feet lower now than when Bryce went missing.

http://hometownstation.com/santa-cl...icials-report-lake-level-100-feet-lower-43743

There is one thing that has been bugging me from the start....

How well was the road service guy checked out? Was his vehicle GPS enabled and tracked? Was his cell phone GPS enabled? Background Check?

Any paint from the exterior of the Bryce's vehicle transferred onto the bumper(s) of the service truck?

Am I correct that the service vehicle person was the last individual to speak to Bryce?

I have wondered about him, too. I never saw very much info. put out on him.

the service vehicle episode took place in Buttonwillow, not Castaic Lake

Correct, however I am still wondering if there was some sort of connection. For example, if the service vehicle driver had suggested that the lake area was a good place to pull over and sleep as it was quiet and remote. Just one of many possible scenario's. And of course, we only have the drivers word on the dialog between them.

I know a lot of people have mentioned that they think Castaic Lake merits further searching. Just wanted to post this article I came across today about how the drought here in CA is affecting water levels in the lake. The Castaic Lake Water Agency officals are reporting that it's 100 feet lower now than when Bryce went missing.

http://hometownstation.com/santa-cl...icials-report-lake-level-100-feet-lower-43743

Wow... Thanks for posting this!

If a new lake search is being considered, this would be the prime time to do it before there is any consideration on refilling the lake from the banked water. Also the most favorable time for divers as more light would be filtering down towards the bottom.

And a bit off subject....you have an awesome avatar!

Wow... Thanks for posting this!

If a new lake search is being considered, this would be the prime time to do it before there is any consideration on refilling the lake from the banked water. Also the most favorable time for divers as more light would be filtering down towards the bottom.

And a bit off subject....you have an awesome avatar!

You are right! Now would be an excellent time for the lake to be searched again. Hopefully the family will make the push to have it happen. Bryce needs to be found.

I would also stress that checking along the face of the dam would be critical as if they were to find things disposed of that can be traced to Bryce, it would point towards walkaway rather than suicide.

I wonder if anyone has been down there to check around since the water level is so low.

I would suspect there would be no shortage of qualified divers who would volunteer if the Army Corps of Engineers and Emergency Agency divers declined. Might want to bill it as a Water SAR and Evidence Training Dive. This is a limited time opportunity with the water level so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BurgoPI