CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this informative post. You're a good fact gatherer and a proactive sleuther Cheese.
I brought a :cupcake: and some :popcorn: to the :gathering:, so you're not alone.

Here's a link, for those of us who are curious, about the neighborhood of Granada Hills. GH is described as being just north of the North Hills and the Northridge districts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_Hills,_Los_Angeles

I googled, 'distance from Castaic CA to Granada Hills CA', with results of 17.9 miles; estimated drive time, 21 minutes.

What's the significance of Northridge? Is that where the family lives?
Hello!:seeya: I grew up in Granada Hills, yes it is the city next to Northridge. Any other questions about it??

Being that I actually am the PI, you are correct. I believe that was Mr. Holt's wording. We don't believe that Bryce actually flew anywhere, since that would have been quite a feat given the accident scene's proximity to any airfields. Truthfully, we had a little laugh at that statement, since it isn't in my usual repertoire. A person is either alive or dead. We have not been informed of Bryce's death, therefore, we will continue to move forward as if we are attempting to locate a missing person. It's pretty much just that simple. :)

Granada Hills has nothing to do with this case apart from the simple fact that this is the location of a nearby LE sub-station. The family just wants everyone to circulate the updated flyer with the tip line, and to of course, keep their eyes open for Bryce- anywhere. Just this week, there are three vigils being planned for the upcoming 6 month anniversary of the day Bryce went missing. It's not in response to anything, except to remind everyone that someone's only son is still missing, missed, loved and two parents really just want to know what happened to their only son.

bbm

Thank you, Shannon. Could you please post a link to the flyer Bryce's family would like distributed? Just to make sure that anyone new to reading here gets the right flyer.

I've tweeted Bryce's info, and am happy to continue to do so. I've also handed out his flyers in my area, and will keep doing that too.

Prayers for Bryce's family, and that Bryce is found soon.

By the way, the only hashtag being used for our Bryce is #BryceLaspisa. Please, if you are tweeting or using other social media, only use this single hashtag since there are other Bryce's missing too. Creativity in this respect unfortunately muddies the social media stream. It is very important to this investigation to focus on one tip line number for leads and discussion, one email point of contact and one single hashtag. Thanks so much for keeping the word out there.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...gil-for-missing-bryce-laspisa-in-3-locations/

Family Plans 6-Month Vigil For Missing Bryce Laspisa In 3 Locations

The family of a 19-year-old college student last seen in August of last year, plans to hold a vigil Friday — the six month anniversary of his disappearance — in three places that meant something to him.

Vigils for Bryce Laspisa will be held in two California cities — Valencia and Rocklin — as well as Naperville, Illinois.

It has been one year since Bryce Laspisa was reported missing.

Instead of a vigil Bryce's family is asking people to a random act of kindness in Bryce's name.

More info can be found on the "Find Bryce Laspisa" Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

Please pass this around. Perhaps with renewed interest LE might get a break in the case.

Please be mindful of TOS when posting!

This one completely baffles me. Where are you?!

What a great idea. Thank you Tricia for reopening this thread again. :)

What a great idea. Thank you Tricia for reopening this thread again. :)

It was la2cabo who suggested it. Our members always have great ideas. :)

After a year, he could be anywhere now. Totally out of California and living in BFE, Nebraska, or BFE, Oklahoma. It's anyone guess. I hope wherever he is, he's happy and safe. His family seems to think he's still alive and I'm sincerely hoping he is. IMO.

It was la2cabo who suggested it. Our members always have great ideas. :)

Than thank you also to la2cabo for the suggestion. I have missed this thread and brainstorming as to what could have happened to Bryce. He's fairly local to me.

Thank you for reopening Bryce's thread! I have followed the families FB page since day one and my heart just breaks for them. There have been numerous possible sightings over the months from Reno to Lake Havasu but sadly they were not him. The gesture from the family to pass an act of random kindness forward in Bryce's name is such a lovely tribute to him.

I wonder if the P.I. is still in contact with the family or assisting? I have not seen any of her comments on the FB page.

Tonight I will say an extra prayer for the family and of course for Bryce. Where are you BL and please if you can read any of this please know that your family needs to hear from you and know that you are okay. And know that so many people are still looking for you... You are so loved!

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

Thank you for reopening Bryce's thread! I have followed the families FB page since day one and my heart just breaks for them. There have been numerous possible sightings over the months from Reno to Lake Havasu but sadly they were not him. The gesture from the family to pass an act of random kindness forward in Bryce's name is such a lovely tribute to him.

I wonder if the P.I. is still in contact with the family or assisting? I have not seen any of her comments on the FB page.

Tonight I will say an extra prayer for the family and of course for Bryce. Where are you BL and please if you can read any of this please know that your family needs to hear from you and know that you are okay. And know that so many people are still looking for you... You are so loved!

ETA: https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

The P.I. is no longer involved and hasn't been for quite some time. I feel like the Laspisa's are kind of on their own, except for the many FB and WS supporters. I just wish Bryce would show his cute little read-headed face somewhere and give his mom and dad some peace of mind.

Bryce ~ where are you??? Your parents NEED to know you are ok and trust me, regardless of what has gone on this past year - they don't care!

After a year, he could be anywhere now. Totally out of California and living in BFE, Nebraska, or BFE, Oklahoma. It's anyone guess. I hope wherever he is, he's happy and safe. His family seems to think he's still alive and I'm sincerely hoping he is. IMO.

Or BFE Australia for that matter... :( But I'm glad to see people talking about him again. I hope it helps to cause some kind of break in the case.

Bryce's parents, Mike and Karen Laspisa will be on my radio podcast on Thursday Sept 11th 8:00 PM Eastern.

To listen to any episodes of True Crime Radio go to www.truecrimeradio.com There you will see the link to iHeart Radio.com. Click on that link every Thursday 8 PM Eastern and you will hear the show live. Also at truecrimeradio.com we have our chat room that opens half hour before show time.

Hopefully you will join us. If you have any questions for Bryce's parents please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Thank you

Jmo I have a hard time see Bryce managing to take off and stay gone for a year now, based on what his Mom has said about him calling for most every little thing as a rule. And I have big doubts about some kind of knock on the head, etc causing effects lasting this long without him surfacing somewhere his identify could be looked into. He is not an basic looking guy, Imo, even if not uncommon either. A quick glance at missing persons sites would likely turn up Bryce's photo.

I still fear he never made it out of the lake/lake area. Jmo

A special thanks to la2cabo for suggesting the thread be open again on the anniversary of his disappearance. :blowkiss:

I think of Bryce often and still search for his face when traveling or just walking down the street. Was traveling home from a trip to central California earlier this month and out of the blue my husband said, "Wow! We are in the middle of nowhere!" When I asked him where we were he said, "Buttonwillow" and I immediately thought of Bryce.

This was one of those cases that I felt certain would have a resolution within hours of first hearing about it. Every day I thought, " This has to be the day." Never in my wildest dreams would I think that LE would find the McStay Family before Bryce came home to his parents. I thought for sure that it was just a matter of time before someone would stumble upon something that would lead to Bryce or that we would hear word from the family that he had reached out to them. So sad that hasn't been the case.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones on this sad Anniversary. I look forward to passing on some random acts of kindness in Bryce's name. Hopefully this is the year that his family gets the answers that they so deserve. Your family misses you, Bryce. Where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3