CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think about Bryce almost every day. Still hoping against all probability that Bryce is still with us. I agree with the others who don't think he is any longer. With the holidays coming and going, as close as he was to his family......well...............

So very sad to see that everything, everyone and everywhere is so quiet
about this missing young man. :( JMHO

I understand that his family thought if the media died down that maybe he would resurface. The problem is, it did and that hasn't worked, so how do they get it back? He's still missing. And most people in the Los Angeles Basin have forgotten about it and moved on. Many would be surprised he's still missing since nothing has been in the forefront to remind them. Sad.

I understand that his family thought if the media died down that maybe he would resurface. The problem is, it did and that hasn't worked, so how do they get it back? He's still missing. And most people in the Los Angeles Basin have forgotten about it and moved on. Many would be surprised he's still missing since nothing has been in the forefront to remind them. Sad.

If we have any members in the area, it would be great if they took his posters and plastered them all around. This is done in many of our cases and tell you what, it means the world to the families and loved ones!

The current poster can be found in the opening post of this thread. If you need a .pdf of the poster, email me at kimster.websleuths@comcast.net and I'll get it to you.

It's not entirely clear to me what the L family wants in the way of public support/help,
and that hasn't been clear to me for quite some time. :( JMVHO

It's not entirely clear to me what the L family wants in the way of public support/help,
and that hasn't been clear to me for quite some time. :( JMVHO

Perhaps they don't know what they want, either, because they don't know what will work to bring him home. What a nightmare for his family...

I just saw the the Find BL Facebook page a post by the family that they are considering organizing another search near the lake. It was in response to a poster who was local and wanted to know what she could do.

Bryce's family wants to keep his face out there so he can be found.

If you are in the area, please circulate his flyer! Also, post his flyer on your social media outlets: Twitter, Facebook, etc.

They want to find Bryce! They love him dearly and want him to come home.

I called NCMEC, who said that Bryce's case is still open with them. His category is "Missing". His NCMEC case number is 1222511. Here's his NCMEC listing:
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMA/1222511

I know that sometimes there's a delay between law enforcement disposition of a case and that info getting through to NCMEC for their system, so I decided to check further.

I found Bryce still listed on the State of California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General, Missing Persons page, Agency: Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department, Case Number: 131196406.
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=2321324200242

He's listed on there as Missing Person, Report Type: Unknown Circumstances.

I called them, and they said they still have an active case for him. They said they have no further information on his case status except that it's open with them, and gave me another number to call for the specific PD assigned to Bryce's case.

The number they gave me was Granada Hills Missing Persons, and isn't a number I can find used for a PD contact for Bryce before.

I've been trying to call them, but I haven't been able to get through. I'll let you all know what they say when I do.

Thank you for this informative post. You're a good fact gatherer and a proactive sleuther Cheese.
I brought a :cupcake: and some :popcorn: to the :gathering:, so you're not alone.

Here's a link, for those of us who are curious, about the neighborhood of Granada Hills. GH is described as being just north of the North Hills and the Northridge districts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granada_Hills,_Los_Angeles

My sister & brother in-law live in Granada Hills. Not near Castaic. Strange. Thanks for all your efforts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I googled, 'distance from Castaic CA to Granada Hills CA', with results of 17.9 miles; estimated drive time, 21 minutes.

Thank you!

In California I believe it is mandatory that LE report any missing person to DOJ within a certain number of hours or days upon starting an investigation (Since Bryce is under the age of 21 I think he would have had to be reported to both agencies within a few hours of LE notification that he was considered missing.) They are also required to report to DOJ when an individual is found but only if they are absolutely certain that the individual has been found.

I believe, after a certain amount of time if the case isn't active (30 days?), LE (usually the case is investigated by LE of the city in which the missing person was last seen or known to have been) is supposed to transfer the case over to LE in the city closest to where the missing person lives. Granada Hills is odd. Isn't Granada Hills adjacent to Northridge?

What's the significance of Northridge? Is that where the family lives?

I wanted the activity on the thread to mean Bryce was found. Sadly not.

About a month ago, I was watching something on tv - this is going to be no help at all - oh, it may have been a movie on the Hallmark channel - anyway, the actor looked alot like Bryce (slightly more mature with darker hair and more polished looking as actors receive makeovers for roles or just in general). I dismissed my observation as hogwash (my imagination) but mention it as an example of how groups of people share similar characteristics.

I wanted the activity on the thread to mean Bryce was found. Sadly not.

I was disappointed too.
When I saw the open envelope, was really hoping to see an answer.
Even though there isn't one, I think The Cheese's information is worthy of a false alarm so-to-speak.
Sometimes the reason a case comes forward is only due to getting a bump.
For about a year, I didn't know what 'bumping' meant. duh. lol!

Hi all, just a short stopping by to put in my 2 cents.
When I read about "he took flight" I'm curious if they really have some evidence he did.
There's a airport nearby http://www.meadowsfield.com/flights.asp and the ticket counter opens at 4:30 am!
What about given out fliers there or sending a fax?

Granada Hills has nothing to do with this case apart from the simple fact that this is the location of a nearby LE sub-station. The family just wants everyone to circulate the updated flyer with the tip line, and to of course, keep their eyes open for Bryce- anywhere. Just this week, there are three vigils being planned for the upcoming 6 month anniversary of the day Bryce went missing. It's not in response to anything, except to remind everyone that someone's only son is still missing, missed, loved and two parents really just want to know what happened to their only son.

When I read about "he took flight" I'm curious if they really have some evidence he did.
There's a airport nearby http://www.meadowsfield.com/flights.asp and the ticket counter opens at 4:30 am!

I've never heard of this airport so I'm doubtful it's close to Castaic (sorry, I'm a local). However, no airline would let him on a flight without ID even if he did have money to purchase a ticket. Interesting theory though!

I looked at the airport's website. It is in Bakersfield. An hours drive from Castaic I would say.

Granada Hills has nothing to do with this case apart from the simple fact that this is the location of a nearby LE sub-station. The family just wants everyone to circulate the updated flyer with the tip line, and to of course, keep their eyes open for Bryce- anywhere. Just this week, there are three vigils being planned for the upcoming 6 month anniversary of the day Bryce went missing. It's not in response to anything, except to remind everyone that someone's only son is still missing, missed, loved and two parents really just want to know what happened to their only son.

Welcome ShannonTulloss! It is very good to have your participation on Bryce's thread.

Do you have any idea about Bryce's likes and dislikes re:

Warm or cold climate?
City or nature?
Barhop or building worker?
Computers or art?
Casual or smart clothes?
Clubbing or cafe?
Books or online?
Swimming or beach lounging?

Sorry for all the questions - especially if you have no idea of the answers. I just think too much info is better than too little.

If family need volunteers for any searches, could you let us know here? There are locals who may want to help, I think. I wish I could help more. I don't know quite what to do now. But I am thinking the biggest picture possible of Bryce just may help. If he is safe and well, somewhere sometime he is likely to appear online. It is just being able to recognize him, even under another name. Any examples of informal letters he has written would be good.

If wishes were fishes though. He's the wrong age group for paper letters....

My thoughts are with Bryces loved ones. I can't imagine what they are feeling.

When the PI was quoted in the The Santa Clarita Signal as saying:

“Our belief is that he left the accident and immediately took flight,” she said. “We have reason to believe Bryce is still alive.”

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/111678/

I don't believe she meant took a flight IMO. Maybe the PI could elaborate on anything they have that points to Bryce being alive. That would be so awesome. TIA

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/take+flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member