CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo I have a hard time see Bryce managing to take off and stay gone for a year now, based on what his Mom has said about him calling for most every little thing as a rule. And I have big doubts about some kind of knock on the head, etc causing effects lasting this long without him surfacing somewhere his identify could be looked into. He is not an basic looking guy, Imo, even if not uncommon either. A quick glance at missing persons sites would likely turn up Bryce's photo.

I still fear he never made it out of the lake/lake area. Jmo

I agree. Especially now, because so much time has gone by and there seems to be no trace of him anywhere else.

I still have bad feelings about that deep lake. Also, the surrounding nearby lake area as seen on some of the overhead map shots also had quite a bit of land that could probably keep a body hidden for quite some time. Especially if it was buried.

I hope he is still alive somewhere but cannot shake the thoughts that he is somewhere relatively close to that lake area. Either in it or in relatively close surrounding area. I hope I am wrong and he turns up someday.

Thanks to whoever bumped back up his thread. I still pray for him and his family often.

But with it being a recreational area, and people crawling all over the place, fishing, hiking, camping, etc I would have thought he would have been found by now. JMO

The terrain and foliage down there are such that if he strayed off the path somehow, even with all the people, it's possible.

Wondering if water is noticeably lower, with the long drought?

Its just so very hard to find people outdoors. You can walk right past them

If he is still living, I think people should be looking for a redhead who has dyed his hair dark brown.

Prayers for Bryce and his family

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wondered about this too. I live not far from Folsom Lake in Northern CA (which is also not far from where Bryce lived and went to school), and it is SO low right now. There are ruins visible of a whole town that used to be there before the dam was built. It's a little tiny bit fuller now than earlier this year because of a few storms, but still not much - it's shocking to see. I was wondering if the drought in general might help 'uncover' people who've been lost in any of the lakes in the state. Nothing so far in Folsom that I know of, but I still think about it. I remember reading that Castaic has some really deep areas even when the water is low... I couldn't help but wonder does the lower water help? Does it change the water temperature enough even in those deep 'pockets'? I really want Bryce found. Preferably alive of course, but I can't believe it's been so long and nothing.

The terrain and foliage down there are such that if he strayed off the path somehow, even with all the people, it's possible.

sarx: Since you have both personal and professional knowledge of the area do you think he's in or around the area? If you had your way, what would your next step be? TIA

Did anyone see the special that was on last night about the girl that went missing after leaving rehab? I can't think of her name for the life of me. Anyway, her family made brown bag lunches and attached her missing flyer to them to hand out to the homeless where she had been known to live in the past. I also noticed where they had placed 4 or 5 cigarettes in to a baggy with a mini missing poster attached and thought that was a great idea as well.

Eventually a P.I. who specializes in missing persons cases got involved and I thought he might be a great resource for Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa. Whether Bryce is dead or alive I'm sure they would like to know. Obviously they want him alive but I think they'd be happy with any resolution at this point.

Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa and family ~ if you're reading here and we can be of any assistance, please, by all means, let us know. I think I speak for everyone here on WS that we've "adopted" Bryce as one of our own and will do whatever we can to bring him home.

Does anyone know if there is anything about the position of how his vehicle was resting that would indicate it was unoccupied when it crashed?

If Bryce isn't found deceased close by (within a mile) which is the most likely scenario, then I speculate he crashed his vehicle and took off.
If the second scenario is accurate, then why? Unless there is mental illness, statistically men disappear to avoid money problems, and women disappear to avoid domestic violence.
Had Bryce gotten himself in sort of trouble and was running to avoid it?
Again, the more likely scenario is that he will eventually be found within a mile of the vehicle, and probably expired from internal injuries.
Certainly not a pleasant thought, but seems the most logical to me.

Prayers for answers so his family can at least know his outcome.

There was a small amount of blood found in the vehicle indicative of him having been in it when it rolled over down the embankment. The crash was a very short walk to the lake's edge. It was searched by divers. He had been acting erratically before making a trip of a few hundred miles without even telling his parents he was driving home to visit. His mom knew from friends that he was acting strange the night before and she filed a missing report when she couldn't locate him. He was found in the vehicle in Buttonwillow and they had him call his Mom if I remember correctly. He called her again saying he was going to pull over and sleep and that was the last she heard from him. Maybe one of the Mods could find the great timeline that a member had out together and post it here in honor of Bryce on the Anniversay of his disappearance.
Please correct me if my facts are not correct.

There was a small amount of blood found in the vehicle indicative of him having been in it when it rolled over down the embankment. The crash was a very short walk to the lake's edge. It was searched by divers. He had been acting erratically before making a trip of a few hundred miles without even telling his parents he was driving home to visit. His mom knew from friends that he was acting strange the night before and she filed a missing report when she couldn't locate him. He was found in the vehicle in Buttonwillow and they had him call his Mom if I remember correctly. He called her again saying he was going to pull over and sleep and that was the last she heard from him. Maybe one of the Mods could find the great timeline that a member had out together and post it here in honor of Bryce on the Anniversay of his disappearance.
Please correct me if my facts are not correct.

Thanks for clarifying SSBBW. Based on the blood evidence, I now have to say with very strong probability that his remains have been overlooked, and within a mile of the crash. This would not be surprising; it's very, very hard to find people outdoors. I can think of more than one WS case where grid searchers overlooked a body more than once, and then it was subsequently found. With heavy foliage or underbrush it's very easy to do. Bodies tend to blend in with nature, unless the glint of a watch or ring or glasses is seen....or a piece of clothing with a color not found in nature.

Did anyone see the special that was on last night about the girl that went missing after leaving rehab? I can't think of her name for the life of me. Anyway, her family made brown bag lunches and attached her missing flyer to them to hand out to the homeless where she had been known to live in the past. I also noticed where they had placed 4 or 5 cigarettes in to a baggy with a mini missing poster attached and thought that was a great idea as well.

Eventually a P.I. who specializes in missing persons cases got involved and I thought he might be a great resource for Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa. Whether Bryce is dead or alive I'm sure they would like to know. Obviously they want him alive but I think they'd be happy with any resolution at this point.

Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa and family ~ if you're reading here and we can be of any assistance, please, by all means, let us know. I think I speak for everyone here on WS that we've "adopted" Bryce as one of our own and will do whatever we can to bring him home.

Lauryn Garrett is her name. I watched it. The PI is Gary Micco. You may be on to something there.

I live in Santa Clarita/Castaic (it's pretty much the same thing) where Bryce is from. I personally didn't know him but I had friends who did. I have been to Castaic Lake many times, and if I remember correctly, bodies have been found in there before. It's a big lake, people can go fishing there. It is so surprising that his body has not been found in the lake. <modsnip> It's sad, the family put up billboards on the freeway. I feel bad for the family, and Bryce. Not too long after he went missing, there was a body found not too far away from castaic lake, they thought it was Bryce, but it turned out not to be. It's weird he wasn't in the car in the lake. That always puzzled me.

Exposed areas "might" be accessible and shallow areas easier to view from a boat. The deeper areas might be better viewed with a Video Ray (or like) ROV.

There is usually a schedule for the Army Corps of Engineers to dive the face of the dam for inspection purposes. They could check at the bottom of the dam face and any drain points and grates. Might be a good idea for someone to alert them prior to any scheduled dive.

Exposed areas "might" be accessible and shallow areas easier to view from a boat. The deeper areas might be better viewed with a Video Ray (or like) ROV.

There is usually a schedule for the Army Corps of Engineers to dive the face of the dam for inspection purposes. They could check at the bottom of the dam face and any drain points and grates. Might be a good idea for someone to alert them prior to any scheduled dive.

Tricia:

Perhaps you can bring this up to Mr. and Mrs. Laspisa when you have them on your show? I'm sure it's not something they want to think about but there is a very real possibility Bryce never made it out of the area. At this point I think we're all feeling helpless and would like to try about anything that may bring them some peace.

I don't know what to think anymore. When this first happened, I figured it was just a matter of time before Bryce was found. He appeared to have walked away from the accident. And he's got such distinctive features, it was going to be easy to spot him. Yet a year has passed and there has been no sign of him. I wanted to believe he was alive.

After a year, that's hard to continue believing. I just would have thought that with the time that has passed, with the searches that were done, with the people who have visited that recreational area, and have all kinds of exploring activities that if he was there, he would have been found by now. A lot of MP/dead are found by hikers, bikers, fisherman, explorers, just people out and about enjoying nature or doing what they love. Yet Bryce has not. And the thing is, after the accident, Bryce wasn't in any condition I would think to trek too far, or to go to places around Castaic that just about anyone else wouldn't have gone to in the last year. How could he find a place so secretive that night that has yet to be discovered a year later? I'm just at a loss now as to what happened to him.

The dive may also find items Bryce threw into the water if he wanted to go missing. Remember that one of the scent trails went across the top of the dam.

The dive may also find items Bryce threw into the water if he wanted to go missing. Remember that one of the scent trails went across the top of the dam.

I know we had so many discussions in the past about the possibility of him being in the lake itself and for me personally, I still feel its very possible.

I've just read of too many stories where a body stayed submerged. It could have gotten snagged on bottom or wedged between 2 rocks. I know there were previous searches of the lake but I have also read of other examples where searches just missed finding the person the first time. It is very difficult to find bodies underwater sometimes so I can easily see where he may have been missed.

Unfortunately it takes time and money to do new searches of the lake and its surrounding area but if there were funds available then I do think it would be worthwhile. And for me personally, I would begin in the lake itself again.

My reasons are nothing more than a hunch that perhaps when he got injured he walked into the water to get relief from his injuries. I am thinking he was under bad pain and so I think he may have waded out into the water just to get the cool relief of the water. At that point, I think it got deep over his head and perhaps he was so injured he couldnt swim well enough to make the shore again. Or his wet clothes impeded his ability to swim back to shore. People sometimes do not realize how quick the slope drops off when entering water. If he went out around waiste deep, then you can sometimes take just 1 step more and then drop in over your head if the slope was very steep depending on where he may have entered.
My understanding of that particular lake and especially the dam area has the slope dropping off very rapidly. I recall seeing TOPO maps that seemed to show a very very steep slope on some of the banks his vehicle was near. The dam area especially would have a steep slope. But even near his vehicle seemed steep in a couple coves.
And dont forget when walking in a lake, your footing underneath is probably rocks or muddy slippery spots so your footing is very difficult because you cant see what you are walking on and you can easily slip off what you are standing on.

Then I think his body sunk down to a relatively deep area and with boat currents moving him even further out till he got lodged between some rocks where it would not surface.

I hope I am wrong and he will just show up someday happy and healthy but as time goes on, this type of scenerio becomes more likely to me and its just too bad that there is not an easy way to prove one way or another he may be down there. Or like others mentioned, perhaps just in surrounding area and somehow has remained hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3