CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching this ML seems he can be really mean and creepy. I got goosebumps watching this.

To be fair, they were clearly trying to get him to play the "evil"/mobster dad part. The shots of him are soo isolated, like they took a bunch of takes to get it right. The dark humor (bad acting) throughout it is intentional.

To be fair, they were clearly trying to get him to play the "evil"/mobster dad part. The shots of him are soo isolated, like they took a bunch of takes to get it right. The dark humor (bad acting) throughout it is intentional.

Yes, we don't want to dissect the victims (family), and certainly not based on a campy video produced by a teen. I'm just glad youtube wasn't around when I was a teen, it wouldn't have done me any favors, I'm sure. Facebook is the same; we can get strong (and often times inaccurate) portrayals of people. But you are right, we shouldn't analyze their family film, it's dark humor, or bash the victims.

Unless someone is effectively "hiding" him from his parents, I have trouble seeing Bryce as he was (apparently) that last night in any kind of state to make a plan to vanish, arrange it somehow and stay gone, without financial help and other resources. Seems he was in a breakdown state, emotionally, maybe physically from drugs. And to be honest, based on what his mom said at the time, not really "grown up" to the point where he was ready to assume responsibility for his own housing, food, etc. i.e to me it sounded like he was quite dependent upon his parents. I don't see him managing his life for a year+ on his own and can't see why a relative or friend "hiding" him would not at least let LE know he is ok and staying away by his own choice. No one would be charged, Imo, for letting a person over 18 stay with them. Jmo

BBM That's the million dollar question, isn't it? I wonder what the conversation was like once Bryce finally spoke to his mother before he crashed his car. Remember, he had been ignoring her calls for almost 24 hours and she had the police called out to find him (and had his car searched.)

Further thought on the last phone call between BL and his mom ...

IIRC it was around 2am when that last phone call took place.
Around 5:30am BL's crashed vehicle was found
Later that morning BL's parents were visited by LE about the crashed vehicle, IIRC ~8am.

IF there had been an alarming, nasty last phone call and after the events of the previous 24ish hours, I would think the parents would have sent out a SWAT team after him or driven the, what, hour and a half to where he was located. Instead, the parents presumably went to bed.

I'm tending to think that BL was on a silent mode. Had ignored all phone calls since he left Chico, as far as we know. Only called mom when he was forced to by the wellness check guy. BL probably only said the least he had to on the 2am call so as not to raise suspicion. JMO

Further thought on the last phone call between BL and his mom ...

IIRC it was around 2am when that last phone call took place.
Around 5:30am BL's crashed vehicle was found
Later that morning BL's parents were visited by LE about the crashed vehicle, IIRC ~8am.

IF there had been an alarming, nasty last phone call and after the events of the previous 24ish hours, I would think the parents would have sent out a SWAT team after him or driven the, what, hour and a half to where he was located. Instead, the parents presumably went to bed.

I'm tending to think that BL was on a silent mode. Had ignored all phone calls since he left Chico, as far as we know. Only called mom when he was force to by the wellness check guy. BL probably only said the least he had to on the 2am call so as not to raise suspicion. JMO

Perhaps Bryce was stringing her along and giving her just enough information to lead her to believe he was going to be home soon in an effort to avoid any further calls to LE for a wellness check.

I've always thought it was very strange how the dad has been mostly in the background throughout this case. We've heard from him a little but not nearly as much as I would expect.

This is a timeline from the Santa Clarita Valley Signal : http://www.signalscv.com/archives/104116/

Aug. 26 - Bryce attends his speech class and web design class at Sierra College and has a “good normal conversation” with his mother, according to her. The family has a photo taken that afternoon of a “happy” Bryce posing with a Madden sports video game.

Aug. 27 - Bryce admits to his girlfriend he took at least one pill described as medication for attention deficit disorder, according to conversations relayed by the girlfriend to Bryce’s mother.

“He was acting strange and he admitted he took that pill,” she said quoting the girlfriend.

10 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

10:30 p.m. Wednesday - Karen Laspisa tells the friends, by phone, to return the keys to her son after she speaks to him. He tells her: “I have a lot to talk to you about.”

11:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce Laspisa leaves Chico, according to his girlfriend, Kim.

9 a.m. Thursday - Bryce runs out of gas near the Buttonwillow Rest Area, west of Bakersfield, according to his mother.

Noon Thursday - a roadside assistance serviceman named Christian delivers three gallons of gasoline to Bryce, according to a $20 credit card purchase for the fuel. “He’s not answering his phone (at this time),” his mother said.

12:30 p.m. Thursday - Karen Laspisa calls serviceman Christian and asks about her son. He tells her he appears “OK” but adds: “His eyes look a little red.” Bryce does not answer his cell phone.

9 p.m. Thursday - responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday - Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”

11 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.

Shortly after midnight Thursday - “He tells me he’s on the I-5 south but he’s telling me nothing,” she said.
1:50 a.m. Friday - Bryce, by phone, tells her he “had detoured off I-5 but was back on the I-5.”

2:08 a.m. Friday - Karen Laspisa talks to her son for the last time. He tells her his GPS tells him he will arrive in Laguna Niguel in three hours and 25 minutes. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’”

Between 2:08 a.m. and 5 a.m. Friday - Bryce makes three trips to the crash site – the last trip ending with the crash, according to what his mother described as surveillance footage captured by cameras set up near Castaic Lake.

5:30 a.m. Friday - CHP officers locate his overturned SUV on a paved access road that leads to the Castaic Lake Main Boat ramp, at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine, on its side, with its rear window smashed. Although he left the valuables – laptop, cell phone and wallet – a duffle bag is found at the rear of the car and zipped open, prompting investigators to suspect he took something from it.

This is a recent article indicating how low the water level is in Lake Castaic. A federal law enforcement-issued gun and badge are just a couple of the items that have been recently found underneath the receding waters of the drought-dry lake. I do not know how much litter and debris is in the lake area but it would probably still be quite a challenge to find the red shoes and clothing remnants.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/10/09/receding-waters-of-castaic-lake-reveal-atf-badge-gun/

How sad and frustrating, too, that it has been so long since BL has been missing.

In searching for info regarding Castaic Lake and the lowered water level, I happened upon a fishing forum where they talked about and had photos of a car that was IN the lake! This apparently was in the beginning of July 2014. It assumably had been submerged but was now exposed due to the extreme drop in water level. Not sure if a poster was being serious, but he said the sheriff's divers had been using that car during practice dives. But then, a week or so later someone posted that the car wasn't there anymore and guessed that it must have gotten towed out.

So, I don't know why and how that car got to be in the lake. Not sure what this all means in regards to our missing young man here, but found it curious, so thought I'd share it here. At the very least, you can see from the photos how much less water there is in that lake now.

Hope it's ok to post the link to the page? Here it is:
http://zerolimitfishing.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4179&start=0

Speaking of the gay subject though, there is a drama on tonight Nashville on NBC, 10 p.m. ET.
Anybody planning to watch the show? One of the characters is a rising country star who is married to hide the fact that he's gay.
The story line is that his rising stardom will be challenged if lady fans know he is gay.
I can't watch this character without thinking about Bryce. Can anybody relate?

Yes, a theory that surfaced way back was that perhaps Bryce wanted to tell his parents that he was gay. Some people's opinions were that perhaps his parents wouldn't be accepting of such a lifestyle and perhaps it would lead to an estrangement and so perhaps he split to go live his life on his own. His uncle and his ex girlfriend both posted several threads back that they did not believe he was gay.

I thought I linked my post above to this post. Oh well!

This is a timeline from the Santa Clarita Valley Signal : http://www.signalscv.com/archives/104116/

9 p.m. Thursday - responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said.

Shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday - Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”

11 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.

Shortly after midnight Thursday - “He tells me he’s on the I-5 south but he’s telling me nothing,” she said.

1:50 a.m. Friday - Bryce, by phone, tells her he “had detoured off I-5 but was back on the I-5.”

2:08 a.m. Friday - Karen Laspisa talks to her son for the last time. He tells her his GPS tells him he will arrive in Laguna Niguel in three hours and 25 minutes. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’”

Between 2:08 a.m. and 5 a.m. Friday - Bryce makes three trips to the crash site – the last trip ending with the crash, according to what his mother described as surveillance footage captured by cameras set up near Castaic Lake.

5:30 a.m. Friday - CHP officers locate his overturned SUV on a paved access road that leads to the Castaic Lake Main Boat ramp, at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine, on its side, with its rear window smashed. Although he left the valuables – laptop, cell phone and wallet – a duffle bag is found at the rear of the car and zipped open, prompting investigators to suspect he took something from it.

RSBM & BBM

BL had interaction w/LE at 9pm (mom was again worried and had called LE)

Subsequent phone calls w/mom at 10pm, 11pm, 12am, 1:50am, 2:08am; did BL initiate any of the calls?

At 2:07am BL's SUV was captured on video surveillance heading toward Castaic Lake; driver not ID'd; no passengers visible

At 2:08am (last call w/mom) BL said he would be "in Laguna" Niguel "in 3hrs 25min".

2:08am + 3hrs 25min = 5:33am

Did BL circumnavigate the lake searching for the closest access to the lake?

At 4:20am BL's SUV was captured on video surveillance heading toward Castaic Lake; driver not ID'd; no passengers visible;[420 is the pot smokers code term]

Take off spot showed signs of acceleration. Was BL trying to drive into the lake? Crashed vehicle found ~5:30am - all personal effects found in the vehicle.

He said he was "going to sleep in [his] car" ... "in Laguna" (the lagoon) ... at 5:33am.

:(

Something doesn't add up I just used Google Maps to see the driving distance. Castaic Lake to Laguna Niguel is roughly 103 Miles around 1 hour and 56 min, not 3 hours 25 min. I live between LA and Laguna Niguel and thought 3 hrs sounded way to long. Should be no traffic that time of morning. Just checked on Apple maps 97.4 miles 2 hr 7 min. I didn't have the exact address. So we have an extra 1hr 25min according to what KL said. Someone is not being truthful BL or KL

Something doesn't add up I just used Google Maps to see the driving distance. Castaic Lake to Laguna Niguel is roughly 103 Miles around 1 hour and 56 min, not 3 hours 25 min. I live between LA and Laguna Niguel and thought 3 hrs sounded way to long. Should be no traffic that time of morning. Just checked on Apple maps 97.4 miles 2 hr 7 min. I didn't have the exact address. So we have an extra 1hr 25min according to what KL said. Someone is not being truthful BL or KL

I think that might be a misquote. In the KFI interview (below) KL states that Bryce said he was going to get to Laguna Niguel at 3:25am (not in 3 hours and 25 minutes.)

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

I do agree though, despite the above, a lot of the information doesn't add up or has been changed after the fact.

This interview has always bothered me. I don't know how I would act in the same situation but Bryce's mom is talking about her husband bringing dental records to the medical examiner to determine if the dead burned body is her son's and she is speaking as though she is exchanging pleasantries about the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member