CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or what if we take a deep breath & be reminded that members of WS are here with the only intent to help.

I tend to read most members posts', especially those that have been here much longer than myself, as coming from a place of experience. Through other cases, they have seen what has worked & what hasn't.

I also echo that at the end of the day, there is nothing more that anyone wants on this forum than to see Bryce make it home to his parents. It hurts my heart even more that this is the Laspisa's only son. The daily pain they must feel each day is immeasurable. Lets help them keep an open mind as to what works & what maybe doesn't ... as much.

Did i make sense? Or do i need more coffee?

You made perfect sense. Great post! :dance:

Trackergd, with all due respect, do you really think a drone would be of any asset due to the amount of time that has passed and the high probability that any remains are most likely scattered?
I have very mixed feelings re the water itself.

We are supporting the family, we are the few still wondering what happened and where he is.

The thing that irks me is when family chooses not to release info that may cast an embarrassing or negative light on family that may be important. Being humbled publicly usually doesn't last, but not saying things and living in limbo does. In this case I've always felt there is something that we are not privy to.

Maybe the family hasn't released any embarrassing or negative information because there isn't any. JMO.

I was heading to an appointment about a year ago and saw a young man with backpack and red hair, but hair was lighter, more sun bleached and maybe collar length. He jaywalked from train station and followed tracks on other side. After appointment I cruised around trying to find him, never did. There is some transient traffic in that area. I felt it was a bit of a long shot, emailed them and heard nothing back.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. I think we were trying to be helpful from day one. I sent them info links, articles, etc during the year. Not one iota of a response. I think Amandafast just gave up. She really did a bang up job. I commend her and everyone else here who offered up some great suggestions.

I told my parents if I ever went missing and they only offered a $5,000 reward I wouldn't come home. Lol.

BTW my little dog went missing years ago. We put up a $5,000 reward I know a lot for a dog because she was so very important to us and we knew people would go looking for her with a high amount. Many neighbor kids went looking for her and she was found at a park scared, hungry and shivering but Ok. She had been missing almost 2 weeks. A bunch of kids found her and we divided up the reward money. They were some very happy kids along with my family cuz we got our Heidi back. She's still with us today.

Maybe the family hasn't released any embarrassing or negative information because there isn't any. JMO.

I did not say this family had any real baggage, just that I believe there is more to story than we were told. I actually wrote a for instance then deleted it.

There are A LOT of little bits of information that are being kept from the public. They may not help in finding Bryce...or they might. The family has tried it one way, maybe trying it the other way might generate some new leads or possibly find their son. I don't think that anything that could
come out would be so damaging to the family or to Bryce's reputation that it isn't worth giving it a shot. MOO.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. I think we were trying to be helpful from day one. I sent them info links, articles, etc during the year. Not one iota of a response. I think Amandafast just gave up. She really did a bang up job. I commend her and everyone else here who offered up some great suggestions.

I told my parents if I ever went missing and they only offered a $5,000 reward I wouldn't come home. Lol.

BTW my little dog went missing years ago. We put up a $5,000 reward I know a lot for a dog because she was so very important to us and we knew people would go looking for her with a high amount. Many neighbor kids went looking for her and she was found at a park scared, hungry and shivering but Ok. She had been missing almost 2 weeks. A bunch of kids found her and we divided up the reward money. They were some very happy kids along with my family cuz we got our Heidi back. She's still with us today.

$5000?!?! I think you meant to type very, very, very, VERY happy kids! lol! That is awesome that they found her! Love that you did that!

There are A LOT of little bits of information that are being kept from the public. They may not help in finding Bryce...or they might. The family has tried it one way, maybe trying it the other way might generate some new leads or possibly find their son. I don't think that anything that could
come out would be so damaging to the family or to Bryce's reputation that it isn't worth giving it a shot. MOO.

BBM

How do you know this?

RANCH: I like your logic...it is the simplest solution; There is no information.

I would ask you to consider the following however: This case has been handled very sensitively, just as every case that we follow on WS. (Thanks Mods)

I have no reason to suspect the family for hiding secrets anymore than I suspect that they do.

I was simply highlighting the fact that when discussion brews about this case, there is no doubt a response.

In this particular case, there have been several times in which communication was all but ceased for some reason on WS (neither those that I am not entitled to, nor am I questioning any Mods).

My thoughts are that are that it is odd so many have restarted conversations targeting the family.

I don't know what to think. When this case first started, I honestly thought Bryce would be found within the first few days. Now here we are a year later.

In many ways this case went stagnant because the family thought Bryce might be too embarrassed with all the media attention that he would not come home, so they decided to stop all interviews and such, hoping Bryce would come out of hiding. He didn't. That tactic didn't work. Either Bryce or his body should have been found by now. If he died in or near the lake, he should have been found by now. If he hiked out of there, he should have resurfaced by now. The silence is deafening. I don't know what to think. Where is Bryce????

Trackergd, with all due respect, do you really think a drone would be of any asset due to the amount of time that has passed and the high probability that any remains are most likely scattered?
I have very mixed feelings re the water itself.

There appears to be a nagging suspicion that Bryce may be in the lake or in the terrain surrounding the lake. There are two choices, do nothing or use technology to reduce these two potential scenarios. A ground search appears to be out of the question unless we can somehow organize one on our own and I can tell you that takes a lot of time, money and support (food, places to sleep, medical support, organizational staff, communications, porta potties, etc). The same holds true for divers in the lake. A team of volunteer divers would also need the same support and their expenses are even higher (bottle refills, equipment maintenance and boats). As I see it, using either a drone or CAP spotters in planes and a ROV in the lake are the only two options other than throwing in the towel.

There appears to be a nagging suspicion that Bryce may be in the lake or in the terrain surrounding the lake. There are two choices, do nothing or use technology to reduce these two potential scenarios. A ground search appears to be out of the question unless we can somehow organize one on our own and I can tell you that takes a lot of time, money and support (food, places to sleep, medical support, organizational staff, communications, porta potties, etc). The same holds true for divers in the lake. A team of volunteer divers would also need the same support and their expenses are even higher (bottle refills, equipment maintenance and boats). As I see it, using either a drone or CAP spotters in planes and a ROV in the lake are the only two options other than throwing in the towel.
I think that sounds logical... The resistance to search the lake is so interesting if there is no additional information we are not privy to.

That is if the posts volunteering or suggesting a search party were indeed deleted from the Facebook page.

I think that sounds logical... The resistance to search the lake is so interesting if there is no additional information we are not privy to.

That is if the posts volunteering or suggesting a search party were indeed deleted from the Facebook page.

BBM Even if they weren't deleted (I believe whomever stated they were but didn't see them myself) the fact that there are no searches taking place anywhere points in the direction of the family having more information than we do (more than the dogs and LE stating that since they haven't found him he must have left on his own) but then we have statements from the family saying they have no additional information (??) It's a head scratcher, that's for sure!

BBM Even if they weren't deleted (I believe whomever stated they were but didn't see them myself) the fact that there are no searches taking place anywhere points in the direction of the family having more information than we do (more than the dogs and LE stating that since they found him he must have let on his own) but then we have statements from the family saying they have no additional information (??) It's a head scratcher, that's for sure!
What you are saying is the main conundrum faced by those of us who find this case interesting.

My biggest issue with this conundrum is that it suggests more serious implications:

1. If there is truly no additional information, the family is missing out in possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity to thoroughly search Castaic Lake under optimal conditions. As per Trackergd, the levels may even allow for an ROV search which is probably less costly in terms of money and man power.

2. If there is additional information, it is certainly the family's choice to keep the information confidential. However, in my opinion, it was presumptuous to use volunteer resources on what is a half baked story or belief. I know they are not requesting anything specific now to my knowledge, but they did utilize volunteer time at the beginning.

They used drones in Kyle Peterson Case. This was the case that always reminded me so much of Bryce's case he even had red hair too. He was eventually found many months later after his strange disappearance.

http://koin.com/?s=kyle+peterson

I did see the post months ago on FB where the parents said "there would be no more searches at the lake" it was a reply to someone wanting to organize a search, then deleted.

This is unlikely but has crossed my mind that maybe they know he is alive but he does not want to come home and they desperately want to know his whereabouts. Could be he doesn't want to be associated with them anymore? He may have his owns reasons. Parents may not want this info out because they are hoping someone sees him so they can find him but when they get a lead do they go or even call LE in that city to follow up on it?

I don't see how he can go for a year hidden when he is a missing man. Was his life that bad that he would do this and be able to pull this off?? He is an adult at 20. Seems there would be some kind of paper trail or record of something unless someone was hiding and supporting him. Did he hate his family this much he would do this?

I don't believe he has a head injury walking around with Amnesia and living with the homeless. He would have been spotted by now because when you have amnesia your not going to hide your looks.

When they found his cell phone no calls we're made to anyone but his folks.

I believe he is in the lake or if not in the lake he wanted to cut the ties with his folks and they don't want that known in public but do want people to keep an eye out for him. If this is the case I guess it would be too embarrassing for them to say their only child doesn't want to be in their life on social media.

I am really confused by this case it's handled different the any case I've ever seen on WS. Most families of missing loved ones are more than grateful and thankful people are willing to take the time to organize and physically search for their loved one.

I just don't get it. Scratching my head too. :(

They used drones in Kyle Peterson Case. This was the case that always reminded me so much of Bryce's case he even had red hair too. He was eventually found many months later after his strange disappearance.

http://koin.com/?s=kyle+peterson

I did see the post months ago on FB where the parents said "there would be no more searches at the lake" it was a reply to someone wanting to organize a search, then deleted.

This is unlikely but has crossed my mind that maybe they know he is alive but he does not want to come home and they desperately want to know his whereabouts. Could be he doesn't want to be associated with them anymore? He may have his owns reasons. Parents may not want this info out because they are hoping someone sees him so they can find him but when they get a lead do they go or even call LE in that city to follow up on it?

I don't see how he can go for a year hidden when he is a missing man. Was his life that bad that he would do this and be able to pull this off?? He is an adult at 20. Seems there would be some kind of paper trail or record of something unless someone was hiding and supporting him. Did he hate his family this much he would do this?

I don't believe he has a head injury walking around with Amnesia and living with the homeless. He would have been spotted by now because when you have amnesia your not going to hide your looks.

When they found his cell phone no calls we're made to anyone but his folks.

I believe he is in the lake or if not in the lake he wanted to cut the ties with his folks and they don't want that known in public but do want people to keep an eye out for him. If this is the case I guess it would be too embarrassing for them to say their only child doesn't want to be in their life on social media.

I am really confused by this case it's handled different the any case I've ever seen on WS. Most families of missing loved ones are more than grateful and thankful people are willing to take the time to organize and physically search for their loved one.

I just don't get it. Scratching my head too. :(

Great post. I completely agree.

Here is what I don't understand....people rarely just up and voluntarily disappear one day out of the blue. His family was very adamant back in the beginning that Bryce would never just abandon them and walk away. It was mentioned how close to his mother Bryce was and how completely out of character it would be for him to just leave. I know that there are people who do leave however I am of the belief that there is some type of tell tale sign that someone might disappear themselves prior to the event, in most cases. Going simply on what Bryce's family has told us (happy Bryce, normal telephone conversations leading up to disappearance, no heavy drug activity, no suicidal actions, no mental issues, no tension in the family, nothing that worried mom enough to deny him access to his keys, no unexplained telephone calls, no other address in GPS, etc.) it makes absolutely no sense to come to the conclusion that Bryce would disappear on his own. I understand a family wanting to hold out all hope that their child is alive however his parents believe in God and in the idea of an after life. As a parent I think I would be able to settle easer on the idea after a year that my child has passed and is in a "better place" than believing that they are intentionally hiding from me, are intentionally putting me through hell, and apparently do not care.

At the beginning of the year the PI they were working with at the time posted the following on her website about Bryce's disappearance:

After Laspisa’s 2003 Toyota Highlander was found on it’s side on the Castaic Lake Main Boat Launch access road on August 30, 2013, a search lasting several weeks was undertaken by Sheriff’s Department officials. Search dogs were able to track him walking away from the vehicle to a nearby road, but all involved law enforcement departments have not able to locate his current whereabouts. Here is some information regarding Bryce Laspisa:

• He is not wanted by any law enforcement agency. THEY ARE NO LONGER SEARCHING FOR HIM.
• His family is not angry with him and loves him. HIS MOM AND DAD ARE DEVASTATED SINCE THEY DON’T KNOW IF THEIR ONLY SON IS OKAY.
• His TRUE friends are worried and hope that he is okay. THEY ARE SAD THAT THEY DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT.
• Bryce did nothing wrong and is not in any trouble at all. SO, HIS TRUE FRIENDS AND FAMILY WONDER WHY HE LEFT THE ACCIDENT SCENE AND STILL HAS NOT MADE CONTACT. THEY WERE REALLY HOPING TO HEAR FROM BRYCE AROUND THE HOLIDAYS.

ONE CALL TO THE TIP LINE NUMBER OF 949-292-4400 FROM ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT BRYCE, EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER HE WENT MISSING COULD PROVIDE THE SINGLE ANSWER HIS FAMILY NEEDS- THEY SIMPLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO BRYCE, HOPEFULLY THAT HE IS OKAY. ONCE THEY KNOW THAT HE IS OKAY, EVERYONE WILL STOP LOOKING, CLOSE THEIR FILES, AND ALLOW EVERYONE TO MOVE FORWARD. IF BRYCE HAS CHOSEN AN ALTERNATIVE LIFE PATH, HIS FAMILY WILL RESPECT HIS DECISION SINCE HE IS AN ADULT. IF YOU REQUIRE PAYMENT FOR THIS INFORMATION, WE CAN MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE WELL TAKEN CARE OF.

http://tullosspi.com/bryce-laspisa/

Several things stand out to me.
1.) Dog tracking his scent to the road
2.) The use of the words, "TRUE FRIENDS" instead of just "friends"
3.) Mention of Bryce choosing an "alternative life path"
4.) Indicating that money may be a determining factor if someone comes forward with information
5.) The over all tone (and reiteration) of Bryce not being in trouble, no one is mad, he didn't do anything wrong, LE isn't after him, etc. is interesting

MOO

Great post. I completely agree.

Here is what I don't understand....people rarely just up and voluntarily disappear one day out of the blue. His family was very adamant back in the beginning that Bryce would never just abandon them and walk away. It was mentioned how close to his mother Bryce was and how completely out of character it would be for him to just leave. I know that there are people who do leave however I am of the belief that there is some type of tell tale sign that someone might disappear themselves prior to the event, in most cases. Going simply on what Bryce's family has told us (happy Bryce, normal telephone conversations leading up to disappearance, no heavy drug activity, no suicidal actions, no mental issues, no tension in the family, nothing that worried mom enough to deny him access to his keys, no unexplained telephone calls, no other address in GPS, etc.) it makes absolutely no sense to come to the conclusion that Bryce would disappear on his own. I understand a family wanting to hold out all hope that their child is alive however his parents believe in God and in the idea of an after life. As a parent I think I would be able to settle easer on the idea after a year that my child has passed and is in a "better place" than believing that they are intentionally hiding from me, are intentionally putting me through hell, and apparently do not care.

At the beginning of the year the PI they were working with at the time posted the following on her website about Bryce's disappearance:

After Laspisa’s 2003 Toyota Highlander was found on it’s side on the Castaic Lake Main Boat Launch access road on August 30, 2013, a search lasting several weeks was undertaken by Sheriff’s Department officials. Search dogs were able to track him walking away from the vehicle to a nearby road, but all involved law enforcement departments have not able to locate his current whereabouts. Here is some information regarding Bryce Laspisa:

• He is not wanted by any law enforcement agency. THEY ARE NO LONGER SEARCHING FOR HIM.
• His family is not angry with him and loves him. HIS MOM AND DAD ARE DEVASTATED SINCE THEY DON’T KNOW IF THEIR ONLY SON IS OKAY.
• His TRUE friends are worried and hope that he is okay. THEY ARE SAD THAT THEY DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND LOVE HIM NO MATTER WHAT.
• Bryce did nothing wrong and is not in any trouble at all. SO, HIS TRUE FRIENDS AND FAMILY WONDER WHY HE LEFT THE ACCIDENT SCENE AND STILL HAS NOT MADE CONTACT. THEY WERE REALLY HOPING TO HEAR FROM BRYCE AROUND THE HOLIDAYS.

ONE CALL TO THE TIP LINE NUMBER OF 949-292-4400 FROM ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT BRYCE, EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER HE WENT MISSING COULD PROVIDE THE SINGLE ANSWER HIS FAMILY NEEDS- THEY SIMPLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO BRYCE, HOPEFULLY THAT HE IS OKAY. ONCE THEY KNOW THAT HE IS OKAY, EVERYONE WILL STOP LOOKING, CLOSE THEIR FILES, AND ALLOW EVERYONE TO MOVE FORWARD. IF BRYCE HAS CHOSEN AN ALTERNATIVE LIFE PATH, HIS FAMILY WILL RESPECT HIS DECISION SINCE HE IS AN ADULT. IF YOU REQUIRE PAYMENT FOR THIS INFORMATION, WE CAN MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE WELL TAKEN CARE OF.

http://tullosspi.com/bryce-laspisa/

Several things stand out to me.
1.) Dog tracking his scent to the road
2.) The use of the words, "TRUE FRIENDS" instead of just "friends"
3.) Mention of Bryce choosing an "alternative life path"
4.) Indicating that money may be a determining factor if someone comes forward with information
5.) The over all tone (and reiteration) of Bryce not being in trouble, no one is mad, he didn't do anything wrong, LE isn't after him, etc. is interesting

MOO

Great post VOICE. thanks :)

ONCE THEY KNOW THAT HE IS OKAY, EVERYONE WILL STOP LOOKING, CLOSE THEIR FILES, AND ALLOW EVERYONE TO MOVE FORWARD. IF BRYCE HAS CHOSEN AN ALTERNATIVE LIFE PATH, HIS FAMILY WILL RESPECT HIS DECISION

Although we all can rationalize semantics in one way or another, this wording, IMO, seems like an unsolicited admission of some sort of discontent that has not been publicly discussed.

JMO

I re-watched Bryce's You Tube production entitled "Family Secrets". In this production, Mr and Mrs L portray the parents of two sons who, at age 17, learn that there mother is not their birth mother, they once had an older sister and that and their father was involved in the death of their birth mother and sister. In the end, when the father learns that the sons have discovered the truth, he goes after the sons with a knife. It then appears that the ghost of the sister kills the father. While this is a strange fictional tale, it probably contains a kernel of truth exposing Bryce's anxiety about his family.

We all are captured on an average of seven CCTV cameras per day. Security cameras, red light cameras, traffic cameras, etc...yet folks seem to be able to evade detection for weeks, months even years. Even when they are being actively searched for. It is far easier to go underground in this country than most of us would like to admit. I disagree with animal experts when they say that cats go feral faster than any other animal... Humans are animals and we can go feral quite quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298