CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. So it's plausible he went to both? I could see him going to the water to get cleaned up maybe and then moving on to find help.

If Bryce walked to the waters edge and back, then continued on to the other side of the marina, the dogs would not be able to tell you that. Say I were to walk from point A to point B, then back to point A on the same trail, the dog would only be able to tell you that I walked from A to B or from B to A, but not in which order or how many times. Only foot prints would tell you that.

I think it is plausible that Bryce walked to the waters edge, then back and continuing to the other side of the marina where the trail finally petered out. Perhaps the walk to the waters edge may have been to get his thoughts together after the failed attempt to circumnavigate the gates on the boat ramp road and subsequent crash, then with a plan in his head, started off to the exit road on the other side.

and too, different dogs going two different directions weren't same day, back to back.... iirc there were several days between them

eta
OH I went back and found this for a refresher of sorts...I had posted it way back on thread 6 I think? And remember too, there were some LE already there waiting, as there was a training exercise to take place that morning........

pulled over- FYI this youtube was made about 2 weeks before Bryce went missing:

"this is what 'early' morning looks like at the big lake- from about 2 months ago it appears- and the shoreline can be seen some too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aydKLzfkt2U"]Trolling Castaic Lake for Striped Bass The Reel Brothers Presents - YouTube

now I would like to know where all them trucks & boats go turn around to get in line, cuz the sun is behind them in the east...unless they are all coming from Lake Hughes, town of?

You hear that guy say they got there at 4:00??"

Oh and guess where they are lined up? Yup, Main Ramp Rd.

I have never changed my opinion about what occurred to someone missing more times than I have with Bryce. It's hard to tell exactly what is fact and what is fiction anymore. :gaah:

If the family truly has no indication that Bryce is still alive or that he was purposely going to run away I think the only thing to do at this point is more searches of that area and try to get his name, photo and story of his disappearance in the media any way they can (good bad or ugly, there is no bad publicity when it comes to informing as many people as possible about your son's disappearance.) I would try and get some interviews televised by possibly offering up some new information that might peak people's curiosity and might help stir up some new leads.

If there is any concrete proof that he is out there, unharmed and of sound mind, and just doesn't want to be found I would make a public plea for his return and then shut everything down and pray that he has the decency to reach out to those who love him.

I would never be able to stop looking if it were my son who was missing. I would, more than likely, gravitate frequently to the area in which he went missing from, and search tirelessly as long as I could in that area to find him. I also wouldn't ever want to believe that my son was missing of his own free will and voluntarily choosing not to allow me in his life yet would never give up hope that he is still alive. My heart breaks for his family and all of the uncertainty. The best case scenario here would be that Bryce is out there with a disorder, not voluntarily shutting himself off from his family yet very much alive. WHERE ARE YOU, BRYCE?

BBM Didn't search dogs follow his scent from the crash site to the intersection of Castaic Lake rd and Ridge Rte rd on the other side of the marina?

Force ~ Sorry I didn't see your post sooner but I'm glad you got some replies from my very knowledgable WS friends. :)

The issue with more searches is that while anyone can walk around public land to their hearts content within the confines of the park rules, and there is no area declared a secured "crime scene", if the family comes out and asks that there be no more searches, you end up on the slippery slope of ethics and morality. You run the risk of media condemnation by the family because you chose not to accept their scenario. There is quite a difference between "wishing" a loved one is somewhere else and "knowing" they are somewhere else.

The issue with more searches is that while anyone can walk around public land to their hearts content within the confines of the park rules, and there is no area declared a secured "crime scene", if the family comes out and asks that there be no more searches, you end up on the slippery slope of ethics and morality. You run the risk of media condemnation by the family because you chose not to accept their scenario. There is quite a difference between "wishing" a loved one is somewhere else and "knowing" they are somewhere else.

So very true.

Would love to know what you think the next best step is to find Bryce, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Bryce is still the number 1 missing person I'd like to have found. I'm not sure why he has struck a chord with me so much, but I can't help myself checking for any sliver of an update.

I had a thought when I was at work today (I've never posted on this thread before but I read through it all a few months ago and occasionally check for updates)

Maybe if Bryce was trying to run away he deliberately crashed his car and walked to the lake, knowing that dogs would trace his scent to the lake, causing the police to concentrate their search in and around the lake, giving him more time to get further away? Or he thought that if people thought he was in the lake there would be less of a search for him?

This whole case is very confusing. I originally thought he must be in the lake but I don't see how he could have been in there for a year and a half and not have been found. Him breaking up with his girlfriend seems like he was trying to cut ties. Maybe he thought his being missing would be easier for her if she was pissed off/upset that he'd broken up with her (maybe I'm just romanticising it too much and he genuinely just wanted to break up with her). How long had they been together? If they'd been together a while and had a happy relationship and he'd randomly broken up with her this could show that he was doing things on impulse. If they had an unhappy relationship and it was a decision he'd been thinking about for a while he could have been upset about that, stressed by college, tired and having a brain muddled by drugs and could have decided to run away and start a new life elsewhere? Hannah Garner was living in California with a group of people who didn't even know she was a missing person. Maybe Bryce is doing the same.

The involvement of adderal (and were shrooms mentioned at some point in this thread? It's been a while since I read through it) and lack of sleep is concerning. Both cause people to make strange, out of character decisions. Amphetamines make people make reckless impulsive choices and both things cloud people's judgement.

Sorry if any of the above has been said before!!! As I said, it's been a long time since I fully read through the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful sunny day here in So. California and I've been thinking about Bryce and his family. I hope they are all doing well and I particularly hope that Bryce is one step closer to contacting his mom. Your mom needs to know you're okay, Bryce. Please just assure her of this and then go on about your business.

If Bryce walked to the waters edge and back, then continued on to the other side of the marina, the dogs would not be able to tell you that. Say I were to walk from point A to point B, then back to point A on the same trail, the dog would only be able to tell you that I walked from A to B or from B to A, but not in which order or how many times. Only foot prints would tell you that.

I think it is plausible that Bryce walked to the waters edge, then back and continuing to the other side of the marina where the trail finally petered out. Perhaps the walk to the waters edge may have been to get his thoughts together after the failed attempt to circumnavigate the gates on the boat ramp road and subsequent crash, then with a plan in his head, started off to the exit road on the other side.

Thanks, I understand that. But like sreshowtime said, two different dogs, different days. I would think they would have followed the same scent unless he really was wandering around there for a few days. Could each dog(s) be following different scents for the same person? Maybe the second dog followed a different path because it was fresher/stronger? Which dog picked up which scent when?

I don't believe Bryce left on his own to 'Run away'. He was an adult and it would be really foolish to choose to do this at a critical point, i.e., crashed car, in college, stranded. He was driving to get home, seemingly out of his choice. He wasn't running away from that. So his actions tell a different ending. For me the most likely scenario is suffering from a heavy trauma to the head and can't remember anything and is wandering the streets of Ventura, LA, or even SF.

Thanks, I understand that. But like sreshowtime said, two different dogs, different days. I would think they would have followed the same scent unless he really was wandering around there for a few days. Could each dog(s) be following different scents for the same person? Maybe the second dog followed a different path because it was fresher/stronger? Which dog picked up which scent when?

I don't believe Bryce left on his own to 'Run away'. He was an adult and it would be really foolish to choose to do this at a critical point, i.e., crashed car, in college, stranded. He was driving to get home, seemingly out of his choice. He wasn't running away from that. So his actions tell a different ending. For me the most likely scenario is suffering from a heavy trauma to the head and can't remember anything and is wandering the streets of Ventura, LA, or even SF.

With all due respect Force, many of us have a hard time believing that with the lack of blood on scene BL could have severe enough head trauma to cause memory loss, etc. I don't think the impact was hard enough either. Even if he is wandering around without a memory don't you think somebody would have recognized him or that he would have some type of contact with law enforcement by now? Idk, for me, I have a hard time believing your scenario, but, who knows?

With all due respect Force, many of us have a hard time believing that with the lack of blood on scene BL could have severe enough head trauma to cause memory loss, etc. I don't think the impact was hard enough either. Even if he is wandering around without a memory don't you think somebody would have recognized him or that he would have some type of contact with law enforcement by now? Idk, for me, I have a hard time believing your scenario, but, who knows?

Closed head trauma can be significant. Here's the Wikipedia link, although of course there are more reliable sources of information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_head_injury

Closed head trauma can be significant. Here's the Wikipedia link, although of course there are more reliable sources of information. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_head_injury

Another thing though, if he had significant enough head trauma to forget his own name/everything, then how would he be able to get away from the crash scene? Why would he choose to do that rather than asking someone for help or trying to contact someone? It says in reports that his bag with his phone etc was in it, why wouldn't he use his phone to ring someone? JMO but if I came around in a crashed car with no recollection of my entire life my first thought wouldn't be to get a lift to city and just hope for the best

Tip Line Call sighting near Fastrip gas station at Sierra Highway and 58 in Mojave 15 minutes ago.

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?fref=nf

Wow does it seem like they had a GOOD number of people jump on getting out there when that tip got posted on the FB page!

And several from the page seem to have all run into one another and inadvertently met up when they figured out they were each looking for him. Seems like they did a good job trying to make a lot of contacts in case he's back, and connecting some locals with some folks in case he shows up so they can get there too.

I've not looked at the FB page in awhile - definitely interesting there have been a number of other possible sightings also recently within about 45 minutes of there.

Seems encouraging, since while it could fit with a local perhaps hitting all those places, but then you'd think when people were checking out with others someone would eventually realize, "Oh, that's ____ who lives over in/on/whatever _____." And since that doesn't seem to have happened, it does seem it seems a little more possible the person could be someone who might be more transient and perhaps the same one in the general area (not that that means Bryce, necessarily)

Another thing though, if he had significant enough head trauma to forget his own name/everything, then how would he be able to get away from the crash scene? Why would he choose to do that rather than asking someone for help or trying to contact someone? It says in reports that his bag with his phone etc was in it, why wouldn't he use his phone to ring someone? JMO but if I came around in a crashed car with no recollection of my entire life my first thought wouldn't be to get a lift to city and just hope for the best

But if you woke up disorientated with no recollection of your entire life would you remember that you have a phone, be able to unlock it, recognize anyone in the list, know who to call and what to tell them? "Hey, this is, I don't know who this is, I'm in a crashed car, I don't know what happened, can you come and pick me up, I don't know where?" If it's dark and your car is a holy mess would you be able to find the phone even if you know you have it?

It is quite rare for people to lose the memories of their entire life in a crash. An amnesia for the events of a few minutes, hours, days, weeks, months is more common.

It is quite possible for a person to have suffered closed head trauma and be walking and seemingly functional at first and get away from the scene but the situation might get worse if there is brain edema or internal cerebral hemorrhage that gets progressively worse. But a person with a growing ICH who doesn't get medical attention soon-ish has a pretty good chance of dying shortly thereafter.

There doesn't have to be a significant amount of external bleeding. Of course that is commonly associated with severe crashes but the ultimately the brain is damaged by the violent motion of the brain matter against the skull, inside the skull in a sudden stop. This can happen even if the person doesn't hit their head on anything.

I don't really have a theory of this one but usually if someone leaves the scene of a crashed car without telling anyone my first thought is a drunk driver gone to sober up. Drunk drivers get head trauma too and passing out somewhere might prove fatal. But I suppose they'd have found him if he was somewhere nearby.

But if you woke up disorientated with no recollection of your entire life would you remember that you have a phone, be able to unlock it, recognize anyone in the list, know who to call and what to tell them? "Hey, this is, I don't know who this is, I'm in a crashed car, I don't know what happened, can you come and pick me up, I don't know where?" If it's dark and your car is a holy mess would you be able to find the phone even if you know you have it?

Probably not, but if I remember correctly it said that his back was in the boot and was open as though he or someone had opened it and taken something out which seems to me that he either knew his bag was there or he found it and took something out or at least opened it, and didn't use his phone. Even if he didn't know any of the names or numbers in it, I would say 'mum' or 'dad' would always be a safe bet, even if it weren't his mum or dad they'd probably be able to help in some way. Not being able to unlock it is a fair point, but I'm pretty sure most phones these days have an emergency call option you can use whole the ohone's locked?

yeah no doubt there may have been options available to a rational person but supposing he had head injury and amnesia it doesn't really rule anything out because people with head injury and amnesia aren't always capable of making rational choices.

yeah no doubt there may have been options available to a rational person but supposing he had head injury and amnesia it doesn't really rule anything out because people with head injury and amnesia aren't always capable of making rational choices.

But then would he have been able to successfully leave the area with (seemingly) no one seeing him and remain in hiding (or at least hidden) for all of this time? I don't know but I highly doubt it. MOO

I just looked at pictures of the lake. It has really gone down quite a bit. Saw an article where a special agents firearm, badge and other items lost 22 years ago were found by fishermen. If it drops further over the summer, it would be worth LE diving the lake to look for any number of items including firearms and remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome