DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that essential?

I don't find anything odd about LE releasing the elevator video
Its what they had, the last time she was on video
It could have made someone recall something

I am no mental health expert, but I don't see a problem with what was shown
and IMO, her bahavior was rather odd, I do not know the reason for that.

1. I can't easily think of similar video being released - the only example someone has posted here was of the Bush aide who ended up in a landfill. 2. I have no idea what LE is going to do next or what they will find but I see "misadventure" looming - despite the obvious incongruities. 3. Why get parents to identify: to make sure it is her. Why "markings" What kind? ID used to be by dental records prior to DNA not by birthmarks or tattoos. 4. Reason for odd behaviour: maybe someone was trying to kill her? 5. purpose of releasing that video: to make her look crazy? Like someone who would hide in a water tank on the roof of a hotel? We all look crazy talking to ourselves if you removed the person we are talking to from the frame.

On another site someone mentioned a reason for pressing all floors - so that someone on another floor does not know what floor she is on at that moment - anyone know if there is a display showing what floor the elevator is at?

Recent post: if 14th floor or so very interesting. Hence the floors with access to the roof by ladder.

1. I can't easily think of similar video being released - the only example someone has posted here was of the Bush aide who ended up in a landfill. 2. I have no idea what LE is going to do next or what they will find but I see "misadventure" looming - despite the obvious incongruities. 3. Why get parents to identify: to make sure it is her. Why "markings" What kind? ID used to be by dental records prior to DNA not by birthmarks or tattoos. 4. Reason for odd behaviour: maybe someone was trying to kill her? 5. purpose of releasing that video: to make her look crazy? Like someone who would hide in a water tank on the roof of a hotel? We all look crazy talking to ourselves if you removed the person we are talking to from the frame.

On another site someone mentioned a reason for pressing all floors - so that someone on another floor does not know what floor she is on at that moment - anyone know if there is a display showing what floor the elevator is at?

Recent post: if 14th floor or so very interesting. Hence the floors with access to the roof by ladder.

Forgive me, but I don't think the purpose of the video was to try to make her look crazy

I would really hope that with all of the scientific advancements that her parents are not put through identifying a body
I hope they are left with a more comforting memory than that

IMO, They have suffered enough, and its far from over

Are you saying this is standard in all elevators? If so, I beg to differ with you. I've been on the elevators of both large hospitals in my area, as well as other buildings, many times, and the buttons are at waist or stomach height, not chest or chin level.
If you are referring to the elevators at this particular hotel, or even most hotels, then I don't know for certain. The last hotel I stayed at was a few years ago, and I don't really recall where the buttons were located. But I do know about the elevators around here that I am familiar with, so if you mean all elevators, I respectfully disagree.

TxLady, you're correct. Elevator buttons have to be accessible to ALL individuals who may use the elevator, including those in wheelchairs.

The narrator for this reporting video says that the California Department of Corrections has in the past used the Cecil Hotel for accommodation of high risk offenders out on parole.

Includng those incarcerated for violent crimes such as rape and murder.

The narrator did say that at the time of the video it was not known if any such parolees were staying at the hotel.

But the LAPD would know.

Missing Canadian Student Elisa Lam - YouTube

BBM

:thud:

I caught up on this case yesterday. Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it possible for anyone to think she somehow put herself in that tank? If the water pressure was only noticed yesterday morning, doesn't that speak to her having been placed there really recently, not having fallen in two weeks ago? Again, I could be missing something, but I don't see how this could have been an accident, not even a really bizarre one.

Watching the video makes me think she was drugged, maybe something slipped in a drink. The time lapses on the video bother me too, there has to be a reason those bits are missing.

Are you saying this is standard in all elevators? If so, I beg to differ with you. I've been on the elevators of both large hospitals in my area, as well as other buildings, many times, and the buttons are at waist or stomach height, not chest or chin level.
If you are referring to the elevators at this particular hotel, or even most hotels, then I don't know for certain. The last hotel I stayed at was a few years ago, and I don't really recall where the buttons were located. But I do know about the elevators around here that I am familiar with, so if you mean all elevators, I respectfully disagree.

I found this pic on yelp. Not sure if it helps in any way but it gives us an idea of what buttons she may have been pressing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361383979.134072.jpg

Lol, don't take it as ignorance from being in the country AnonymousD. I live in Austin. Not a huge city, but there are big buildings, condos, hotels etc. and I had no clue that there even were water tanks on tall buildings. Even my husband (who travels extensively, many hotels in many big cities and seems to know at least a little about everything) said he only knew about them because he saw one in a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie lol.

Thank you so much, MissieMt!

I'm telling you, last night I could not wrap my brain around why you would need such things! Now that I"m in the clear of day & read what tarabull shared, I understand about the logistics of water pressure in such tall buildings. I just didn't know if those towers were used there because the building was older....or what.

Don't all men know a little about everything? Well, they at least want us to think so ;)

The person maintaining the "Find Elisa Lam" Facebook page stated Elisa didn't have any tattoos. I can't link because the page has been removed, so you'll just have to take my word for it ;)

My guess would be a significant birth mark or scar.

6a00d8341c630a53ef017c36fb1845970b-640wi

Article has been UPDATED:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/body-of-missing-canadian-tourist-found-in-water-tank-at-la-hotel.html

In lieu of cctv footage from the roof surely LE is questioning anyone with the perfect view of those water tanks...

Attachments

• altered hazels pic.jpg
    altered hazels pic.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 39
This isn't normal for this hotel. That roof should have been locked, as in not accessible, to the public. (I have worked in many LA hotels.)
There are a FEW hotels in DTLA that have rooftop pools and bars, there is one, crazy enough, blocks away from Cecil (The Standard Hotel).

This IS NOT NORMAL for this hotel.

If an accident, I believe someone told her about the rooftop water tanks, and the fact it was unlocked. If not, how did she find her way up there? Anyone have inspired moments of jumping into a water tank on a hotels' roof?

I hope the hotel now gets the scrutiny, and I dare say a lawsuit, for an accident such as this - if it is one. This would be negligence at it's worst.

I give my sympathies to the family of Elisa, and hopefully they find the means to cope, to receive their answers and are comforted in them.

An autopsy has not yet been scheduled for the woman but would likely occur Thursday morning, Los Angeles County coroner's spokesman Ed Winter said.

Winter said investigators were still trying to determine how and why Lam got in the water tank and had "no idea" yet how long she may have been inside. The matter is being treated as a death investigation, he said.

Law enforcement officials familiar with the case said although foul play was always a possibility, they are closely examining whether her death might have been accidental.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/missing-tourist.html

Lam, of Vancouver, British Columbia, traveled to California alone on Jan. 26 and was last seen five days later by workers at the hotel near Skid Row that offers rooms for $65 a night.

Police initially called her disappearance suspicious. Investigators are now considering the possibility of foul play because of the location where the body was found.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Nation/2...water-tank-of-downtown-Los-Angeles-hotel.html

Considering...

Well anything is possible but I will have a hard time believing she put herself in the tank

And where are the items of clothing she was last seen wearing?
Have they been accounted for?

My eyesight isn't what it once was.

what is the last button, middle row?

Yup amazingly DOOR HOLD...Thanks AGAIN to Sknox!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8878125&postcount=238"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat Silva