CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont you think this was an employee that did this.
How could one person put her in that water tank?

She cant see and this person could have told her they were going up to the roof and had her climbing that ladder herself.

someone who knows there are cameras may have been staying out of view.

Also, I know she wore glasses but was not wearing them in the elevator video. Could she have something in her eyes - some drops that make her vision even worse then? How could you get someone to put something in their eyes, though?... hmmmm, just thinking.

Did not expect this to be the outcome at all. So so sad...

dont you think this was an employee that did this.
How could one person put her in that water tank?

She cant see and this person could have told her they were going up to the roof and had her climbing that ladder herself.

yep, this is where my money would be, were I a betting girl. Employee.

And the huge noise heard had to be the tank lid closing... but then, someone not wanting to be found out would be more careful...

The ladder is interesting no doubt about it.

Another view of the tanks...looking at the distance from the roof above the tanks, it doesn't seem it would be a very far jump...???...

This view really shows how far down it is NOT: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/20/article-2281485-17DAA3F7000005DC-84_634x437.jpg

But you'd have to climb up the ladder attached to the side of the building with the taller roof beside the tanks - attached ladder visible here:

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1....e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg
In that first view of the tanks you linked, the aluminum ladder is not on the platform leaning against the tank but is set on the surface below, only partially leaning against the tank. Since the ladder is being moved around and it's a folding ladder, I inclined to think it's stored elsewhere in a room that's likely kept locked and accessible only to maintenance staff. That's why I'd been looking for a hotel layout/blueprint to determine if there's a small maintenance room inside that enclosure next to the tanks.

I noticed the ladder on the other side of the enclosure, too, and the tank the firemen are inspecting is in the back, against the wall of the enclosure. I wonder, though, how heavy those lids on the tanks are.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8888778&postcount=349"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013[/ame]

The Cheese
Heigh-ho the Derry-o

LeonardFiles ‏@LeonardFiles
LAPD: Hotel Cecil body - that of a nude woman. Specifically denies they know if it's missing tourist Elisa Lam, last seen here Jan 31.

someone who knows there are cameras may have been staying out of view.

Also, I know she wore glasses but was not wearing them in the elevator video. Could she have something in her eyes - some drops that make her vision even worse then? How could you get someone to put something in their eyes, though?... hmmmm, just thinking.

Did not expect this to be the outcome at all. So so sad...

Im thinking she is blind as a bat without her glasses!

What are the chances she was suffering from a spell of Paranoid Schizophrenia?

Was she imagining someone was out in the hall and she was trying to hide from them in the elevator? Was she trying to possibly scare them away by jumping out of the elevator or possibly trying to reason with some imaginary person with her hand gestures towards the end of the video when she exited the elevator?

Did she try and hide in the water tank to maybe get away from who ever she thought might of been following her and find herself in a situation she couldn't get herself out of?

Was the lid on the water tank open or closed when the maintenance man first went to examine the tank?

BBM

Where was it reported that she was found with no cloths on?

JMO

I read that on here last night. I'll look for it.

LeonardFiles ‏@LeonardFiles
LAPD: Hotel Cecil body - that of a nude woman. Specifically denies they know if it's missing tourist Elisa Lam, last seen here Jan 31.

So the only place it was mentioned that she didn't have cloths on was a Twitter feed?

I don't know how much trust I would put in that.

JMO

Hmmm. I read on here last night that she was found without any clothes. I found one post but there is no link and I'm still looking. Does anyone remember this? Was it a tweet?

The Find Elisa Lam fb page was started Feb 9 --- a post made that day by admin said be on the look out for Elisa without her glasses....that she didn't have them with her...

How they knew that was never revealed but they must have found them in her room...or somewhere else...???

So, IF she really is - as it seems - blind as a bat without them, how are we to believe she could get all the way up on top of the water tank and open a sealed lid without them...???

:waitasec:

The glitch imo, concerning any employee being responsible, is that anyone with familiarity with water tank operations would know that a body would probably cause flooding as it sank to the bottom.
Thinking someone who regularly dealt with the tanks would attach a rope to the body so it would not sink.
Wondering if all the water tanks there ( and perhaps elsewhere too) will be checked for other bodies...

The Find Elisa Lam fb page was started Feb 9 --- a post made that day by admin said be on the look out for Elisa without her glasses....that she didn't have them with her...

How they knew that was never revealed but maybe they found them in her room...or somewhere else...???

So, IF she really is - as it seems - blind as a bat without them, how are we to believe she could get all the way up on top of the water tank and open a sealed lid without them...???

:waitasec:

Why I'm I envisioning episodes of Mr Magoo while reading your post?

Yes I watched it. I posted my observation right when you did about the door not closing. There could have been someone there holding it open.

Is there any other way to control an elevator other than the outside button?
I posted this earlier: I think Elisa believed someone was outside the elevator holding the button because it wouldn't move. She acts like she's hiding from someone. I'm curious as to where she had just been. Did someone threaten her; maybe even take her eyeglasses?

She cautiously looks out of the elevator to see if someone is holding the button on the wall, IMO. Finally, she steps out and someone speaks to her. Maybe it's the same person who took her eyeglasses and frightened her, but she can't see the person clearly. She is keeping her distance, though, and away from the elevator door as if she's worried about a stalker trapping her inside.

I think most elevators can be locked to prevent them from opening and closing by someone with a key. So, I think that's what a hotel employee did and when she tells the employee who has approached her in the elevator video that the elevator isn't moving, he suggests she take the stairs. I think it was in the stairwell, then, that she met up with either the same employee or co-conspirator. What happened after that, I can't imagine. :(

Hey! I just thought you know how Elevators go ding ding ding when the door is stuck?
what if someone staying on that floor heard it and got annoyed and opened their door and asked her what she was doing out there? She is trying to explain that its not working?

I also think she presses all the buttons because she cant see the numbers on them so she will count her way down. Just a thought!

The elevator MOST LIKELY didn't move becauses Elisa in the flurry of pushing buttons pressed the dayum HOLD DOOR button which does in fact HOLD THE DOOR for a set amount of time...with a single press of the button - you don't have to hold the button down to keep the door open.

It's back in the thread...A PIC of the control panel in the actual elevator and compared to where we see her pushing buttons she runs right down the row where HOLD DOOR is the bottom button in the row...

Hold button: This button delays the door closing timer, useful for loading freight and hospital beds.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator"]Elevator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

In that first view of the tanks you linked, the aluminum ladder is not on the platform leaning against the tank but is set on the surface below, only partially leaning against the tank. Since the ladder is being moved around and it's a folding ladder, I inclined to think it's stored elsewhere in a room that's likely kept locked and accessible only to maintenance staff. <snip>

In the news footage of the body recovery you can see a rooftop door with a set of stairs leading down, but LE (and whoever else is with them) are standing at the threshold of another set of doors, wide opening, that looks like it could be a storage area or maintenance room. Or are there TWO doors to the roof?

I would assume that a ladder would be kept up there. Otherwise they'd have to haul a ladder up the stairs to the roof every time they needed to access something... such as the water tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member