CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking at comments at a site and title is "The long Dark History of Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles" And no more than 15 min. ago a comment was put up I wonder if it means anything or just a troll> I copied it here is what the person commented,"Hardcore_Gamer1 • 12 minutes ago −
Nobody ever makes it out of 1408 alive...":what:
Reference to a Stephen King story...might have just been a comment on the eeriness of the case?

:seeya: Good evening. Looks like there's been a bit of excitement in here. You'll notice quite a few posts are now gone.

We do not link to personal social media pages. Exceptions are made for victims and suspects. Before you link to a FB, twitter, tumbler, etc., you must verify that the account belongs to the victim. Even unusual names can be shared by multiple persons.

We do not copy and paste posts/comments people make on the web. This includes comments following news articles.

We do copy and paste from mainstream media (MSM), but then no more than 10% of the content, and we must always include a link. The same is true when posting images from MSM. You must link to the original source.

If you haven't done so yet, check out this information. You'll find it very helpful.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Should you have any questions about posting, do not ask them in the thread. Send them in a private message (pm) to a moderator.

:tyou:

:welcome5:
deleted my comment sorry about putting it up as I didn't know that wasn't allowed

Was looking at comments at a site and title is "The long Dark History of Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles" And no more than 15 min. ago a comment was put up I wonder if it means anything or just a troll> I copied it here is what the person commented,"Hardcore_Gamer1 • 12 minutes ago −
Nobody ever makes it out of 1408 alive...":what:

Probably a reference to the John Cusack horror film "1408":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1408_(film)

Was based on a short story by Stephen King.

Welcome 218 guests. :)

I sure wish we could get some kind of blueprint, schematic, map, floorplan!! I still can not find one. (tarabull, I tried to enhance that image of the floorplan on the wall, with no luck.)

I don't get this tumblr stuff (first time on there...)

Also, I'm seeing discussion of what floor she was staying on. Do we have actual confirmation what floor or room she was on?

Thank goodness I missed the whole creepy guy video.

:seeya: Good evening. Looks like there's been a bit of excitement in here. You'll notice quite a few posts are now gone.

We do not link to personal social media pages. Exceptions are made for victims and suspects. Before you link to a FB, twitter, tumbler, etc., you must verify that the account belongs to the victim. Even unusual names can be shared by multiple persons.

We do not copy and paste posts/comments people make on the web. This includes comments following news articles.

We do copy and paste from mainstream media (MSM), but then no more than 10% of the content, and we must always include a link. The same is true when posting images from MSM. You must link to the original source.

If you haven't done so yet, check out this information. You'll find it very helpful.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Should you have any questions about posting, do not ask them in the thread. Send them in a private message (pm) to a moderator.

:tyou:

:welcome5:

So sorry, I was just preparing to delete the links to the videos I posted. I just forgot the rule for a moment. Thanks for doing it for me. :seeya:

:( "An autopsy on Elisa Lam’s body has come back inconclusive, and authorities say it could be two more months before additional tests shed light on how she died.
A Los Angeles coroner revealed Thursday that toxicology tests are being conducted but results could take six to eight weeks."

If there is foul play which can only be determined via c.o.d. in 6 weeks+, then this is a major, unfortunate setback in tracking down the responsible individual(s).

I was just coming on here to post the same thing...is it possible she is maced or stun gunned / tasered!?

In regards to this. I had just shown my colleagues this comment, and asked their opinion on the matter (serving military, etc) and they state that it is an absolute certainty that she was not affected by either.

Tasers, whether hand deployed or shot, will drop most people due to their effects on motor nerves (simplified). While I agree the quality would not allow us to see taser prongs if deployed via launch, we may see the wiring running around the corner of the elevator door (may be far reaching here).

As for mace deployment, she shows no normal signs that she has been affected by it. At no point does she react in a state that the majority of normal, unwitting citizens do when confronted with compliance oriented devices.

As noted in previous posts, I am currently in a sector that focuses on threat risk scenarios and so forth. Analyzing this video (however poor the quality is), there is no indication she acts in a panicked mode. In my assessments of risk, threats and reactions, people rarely flee into confined areas. Elisa at no point seems to flee in this video, however if we were to assume she was, the likelihood of her entering this elevator is very small indeed.

Her continuum of body language indicates no definitive source of a third party. At certain parts she will react left, and then right. At 2:28 we see her finally exit left, whereby stepping on the blade of her left foot and sweeping her right foot over. Note this is also where people are believing another person appears, but if you watch and assess it as per the above, it is actually her foot on the blade, which is what kicks up the sandal.

Lastly in reply to the person who stated that physical injury would be present for murder identification, it is completely feasible that submersion in water, and advanced decomposition would degrade physical evidence on a body to the point of uncertainty (ie bite marks, strangulation, etc).

I wrote this on an iPad so I might have a ton of spelling mistakes and make no sense.

If there is foul play which can only be determined via c.o.d. in 6 weeks+, then this is a major, unfortunate setback in tracking down the responsible individual(s).

Yes, but if foul play is still suspected, could give a perp a false sense of security that causes them to slip up somewhere along the line.

JMO

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Wate...n+body+found+cause+illness/7998605/story.html

7997256.bin

Video: http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Wate...ry.html#ooid=JtNGVoOTrq9P_L9Moow8OVLkAa4pMbIY

Aren't all elevators required to have an emergency/alarm/phone? Even if this elevator was equipped with such an alarm... maybe it wasn't working. (I just keep thinking she would try to call for help)
I agree with the poster who said someone (out of view) was pressing the "call elevator" button and this prevented the elevator from moving... what else could it be?

In regards to this. I had just shown my colleagues this comment, and asked their opinion on the matter (serving military, etc) and they state that it is an absolute certainty that she was not affected by either.

Tasers, whether hand deployed or shot, will drop most people due to their effects on motor nerves (simplified). While I agree the quality would not allow us to see taser prongs if deployed via launch, we may see the wiring running around the corner of the elevator door (may be far reaching here).

As for mace deployment, she shows no normal signs that she has been affected by it. At no point does she react in a state that the majority of normal, unwitting citizens do when confronted with compliance oriented devices.

As noted in previous posts, I am currently in a sector that focuses on threat risk scenarios and so forth. Analyzing this video (however poor the quality is), there is no indication she acts in a panicked mode. In my assessments of risk, threats and reactions, people rarely flee into confined areas. Elisa at no point seems to flee in this video, however if we were to assume she was, the likelihood of her entering this elevator is very small indeed.

Her continuum of body language indicates no definitive source of a third party. At certain parts she will react left, and then right. At 2:28 we see her finally exit left, whereby stepping on the blade of her left foot and sweeping her right foot over. Note this is also where people are believing another person appears, but if you watch and assess it as per the above, it is actually her foot on the blade, which is what kicks up the sandal.

Lastly in reply to the person who stated that physical injury would be present for murder identification, it is completely feasible that submersion in water, and advanced decomposition would degrade physical evidence on a body to the point of uncertainty (ie bite marks, strangulation, etc).

I wrote this on an iPad so I might have a ton of spelling mistakes and make no sense.

Clicking through frames on the video the other nite, there is one point where she has stepped outside the elevator, her right foot pointed straight ahead towards the wall, and she brings her left foot over her right and it is pointing almost backward towards the elevator. I tried it myself, couldn't do it and almost went on my keester ;)

There is a point where she splays her fingers and it gives me the impression that it is an attempt at maintaining balance (possibly due to vestibular symptoms caused by a substance, which could be made worse with not wearing her glasses). That same movement of the hands/fingers leads me to think she could possibly be displaying frustration or stress.

WRT submersion in water, and pondering the flooding that was mentioned at the hotel, IF she was drowned in the hotel tub and moved into the water tank, are there signs that the ME could find that would indicate such a scenario?

Man, its going to be a long few weeks awaiting these results. :(

I'm still really confused about where the tumblr came from...?
I understand the queue system, but it's not something that is overly used and only for people that exceed the post limit daily. And queue is usually always posting things consistently apart from each other.

FWIW, just reading about elevator equipment room code in the USA. It is required that they be locked and they must contain a telephone jack "for the required emergency phone located in each elevator car, and an Ethernet type data jack."

http://www.ehow.com/list_7486563_elevator-equipment-room-code-requirements.html

Along those lines, also recalling someone being quoted wrt having seen folks sleeping in the elevator room atop the Cecil.

Clicking through frames on the video the other nite, there is one point where she has stepped outside the elevator, her right foot pointed straight ahead towards the wall, and she brings her left foot over her right and it is pointing almost backward towards the elevator. I tried it myself, couldn't do it and almost went on my keester ;)

There is a point where she splays her fingers and it gives me the impression that it is an attempt at maintaining balance (possibly due to vestibular symptoms caused by a substance, which could be made worse with not wearing her glasses). That same movement of the hands/fingers leads me to think she could possibly be displaying frustration or stress.

WRT submersion in water, and pondering the flooding that was mentioned at the hotel, IF she was drowned in the hotel tub and moved into the water tank, are there signs that the ME could find that would indicate such a scenario?

Sillybilly, if we are thinking about the same part of the video, it is indeed difficult to digest exactly what she is doing. I'm definitely partial to the previous medical authorities on this page who believe it to be a mental issue.

In regards to drowning time frames, if I remember correctly I believe it can be assessed if you were drowned and then redumped elsewhere at another point. However, my knowledge is limited in the ME area. Would also welcome input from someone in that field.

Ps which point in the video did you try to mimic? I am going to try also!

In this video, manager of bookstore around the corner of the hotel, says Elisa was at the store January 31st., buying records and presents. She says she didn't seem odd at all, was very outgoing, very lively, very friendly.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sOXocjnqXw"]Elisa Lam Autopsy deferred: Body Found in Hotel Water Tank, Coroner Says More Tests Needed - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patterson Vincent