CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally brainstorming here:

Since she possibly had depression / bipolar, maybe she was on prescribed medication. Maybe there was a mixup with her medication (wrong meds inside bottles, one would be surprised how often this happens).

I wonder if she had an adjoining room to which someone could access and tamper with her stuff / drug something in her room (cup, meds, etc.)

It really looked as though she was having a hard time seeing the buttons in the elevator is all. I dont think the glasses matter all that much.

Why isnt there even one small pic of a person of interest? None of the elevator cams caught anything else between say 1-5 am? *advertiser censored* fishy seems like something crooked is going on in this hotel.

Elisas fav time of the day was between 2-6 am. weird.

Totally brainstorming here:

Since she possibly had depression / bipolar, maybe she was on prescribed medication. Maybe there was a mixup with her medication (wrong meds inside bottles, one would be surprised how often this happens).

I wonder if she had an adjoining room to which someone could access and tamper with her stuff / drug something in her room (cup, meds, etc.)

In my opinion the girl isnt on any drugs. Every single action she makes I could see myself making in the same situation.

Going to sign off for the night, and wanted to finally say a big :welcome: to all who have joined this thread to offer their insight and opinion, and to send a :wave: to the many, many guests who are watching and keeping Elisa and all those who loved her in their thoughts.

As an aside, we are a victim friendly, pro law enforcement group here at WS, and not judgmental people. Any comments or opinions expressed with regard to possible drug usage, references to possible mental illness, etc. are in no way intended to disparage any victim, but an attempt to hopefully understand the victimology involved.

Rest in Peace, Elisa Lam

Why didn't Elisa try the other elevator?

It seems like she was already confronted at that point. Meaning whoever was there was probably not allowing her access to get to that elevator. Assuming she was in the rightside elevator of course.

I also wanted to say that, in my early 20's I would've reacted the same way as Elisa if I was in a situation where I felt somewhat threatened. I do remember one incident in college in which I went alone to see a movie on campus. It was in a large building - the main building on campus - near the house where I lived. It was a real old movie and so not many students were in the auditorium to watch the movie.

Shortly into the movie, a young man sat down next to me. Why, in a sparsely populated auditorium, did he choose to sit next to me? Soon, I felt something on my leg. I think I had my sweater wrapped around my waist and thought maybe it was the arm of my sweater I felt, so I pulled the sweater closer to me. But, I still felt something on my leg. I moved my legs sideways, scrunching up against the seat on the opposite side. Still...felt...something (like a hand)...on...my...leg.

I stood up and, although there was no one sitting between me and the middle aisle, I walked in front of the young man to let him know I was intimidated by him. Then I left the auditorium, but was afraid the guy might follow me if I headed toward home. So, for a while I stood in the hallway outside the auditorium where it was well-lit and people were working at a concession stand. Finally, I decided to go back inside and sat in the rear of the auditorium where I could keep an eye on the guy while I watched the movie. Not long afterwards, he got up and left. I didn't see him around when I left at the end of the movie. Fortunately, other people were around and I didn't have far to walk.

Later, when I thought about the incident, I wondered why I didn't "accidentally" hit the guy with my purse as I walked in front of him and then say, "oh, excuse me" just to send him a message. I couldn't remember, though, whether I had my purse with me. Also, since it was dark in the auditorium, I couldn't be certain the guy was really touching me.

Anyway, I can understand why Elisa appeared so cool and collected at first even if she felt threatened. I think it's a natural response, but it's obvious in the video that she became more and more agitated as she couldn't get the elevator to move. When she punched the buttons the second time, I think she finally found the "close door" button -- below the 2nd floor button -- and pushed it several times. It looked like she was pushing a button repeatedly. Elisa had stayed at the hotel several days, so she'd likely used the elevators previously and would've been at least vaguely familiar with the button panel.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to zoom in on toilets.
A coworker once showed me pictures her daughter took when they were on vacation. A good number of the pictures were of the place where they stayed, including one of the toilet. :waitasec:

It seems like she was already confronted at that point. Meaning whoever was there was probably not allowing her access to get to that elevator. Assuming she was in the rightside elevator of course.

I think she's in the left side elevator (white bars across)

It really looked as though she was having a hard time seeing the buttons in the elevator is all. I dont think the glasses matter all that much.

Why isnt there even one small pic of a person of interest? None of the elevator cams caught anything else between say 1-5 am? *advertiser censored* fishy seems like something crooked is going on in this hotel.

Elisas fav time of the day was between 2-6 am. weird.

May I ask where these times are coming from bc I don't recall any times being mentioned, maybe I missed something? Thanks.

I think she hears something to her right. She appears to be listening intently.

I am pretty sure I read that the surveillance video was taken at 2am

IDK. I had the impression she was in the elevator on the left because she kept looking out to the right. I thought she was probably looking to see if someone was pressing the button on the wall. Most places, it's not uncommon to encounter other people in an elevator, but Elisa seemed uncomfortable with the idea of someone else wanting to use the elevator. IMO.

Could someone else have been trying unsuccessfully to use the other elevator? Maybe Elisa grew a little bolder and stepped outside of the elevator when she realized someone else was in the same predicament? Maybe the part of the video that was snipped shows the other person following Elisa. Did they claim to know where the stairs were, but knowingly led her in the wrong direction?

What does white bars across mean? Facing outwards she was in the right elevator right? to her left there would have been another elevator door?

Hello everyone,

I am a long time reader and first time poster here. I figured I'd finally join in on the discussion because this particular case interests me, since I am from the same city as Elisa.

So, it has been briefly mentioned in the media that Elisa has depression, however, she also sought treatment for it. I mean, I don't have any experience in regards to witnessing psychosis first hand but I don't think that is what resulted in her passing. At least a couple people have vouched that Elisa was a lively and happy person (RE: old friends, bookstore clerk, and hotel staff not recalling anything out of the ordinary with her) which is the opposite of what I'd expect, at least, from a person who is alleged to have major mental issues.

I've only watched the elevator video twice, but the impression i got from it was that she's scared of someone, especially when she cowered in the corner at one point. Then when she stepped out, there was one point when she turned slightly, and she jumped a little as if something or someone spooked her. After that it was as though she was carrying on a conversation with someone across the hall and she was trying to act like this person didn't scare her?

Lastly, if the area of the hotel is dodgy, then I have no doubt that murderers and sexual predators would be on the prowl. I read somewhere that people who are depressed or were victims of a crime at one point in their life, are highly likely to be victimized (again if applicable) because it hurts their self esteem and it shows. This is what predators are after, someone who appears weak, who lack confidence to stand up for themselves, and maybe nobody will look for them. :(

Whew, that's a bit of text, just wanted to share my opinion here, finally.

If she ended up in that tank via foul play, my guess would be that she was put there at night. There's too many vantage points, would be risky in the day time. Less staff / people around at night, too. Hotels are usually pretty quiet in the wee hours. This reeks of security / maintenance personnel (or of course guest), assuming there is foul play.

This really seems to imply she took or was slipped drugs at some point. I'm still struggling with the idea there wasn't foul play in this case. I just don't see how someone, whether sober or on drugs, could end up in a water tank of their own volition. I suppose they're trying to see if she succumbed to an overdose of some kind, or drowned (?). Maybe the theory she was given drugs by someone, died because of it, and they disposed of her body is closer to the mark. Or maybe I should just give in and accept the idea Elisa somehow ended up in the water tank by her own doing. I just don't know.

If she jumped into the water tower herself, I believe the cause of death would be drowning.

This says to me they think she was dead before she went in the tank - you can't jump into a water tank if you are already dead.

Also, judging from Hazel's 5th floor video, it shows the kitchen to the left of the elevator, showers to the right of the elevator, assuming the layout is similar on each floor, which I would assume it to be.

Hmmmm, so if she entered from the left, maybe she was in the kitchen? If she was eating or drinking there with someone else, that could have been an opportunity to drug her. I wonder if she left anything in that fridge? Leftovers? How long does it take for GHB to take effect?

Do we know for sure that she didn't wear contacts?
BBM

There have been several pictures of Elisa not wearing glasses, so she very possibly had contacts but I doubt she was wearing them at the time because she had to lean forward to push the buttons in the elevator. It seems she had difficulty reading the buttons.

What does white bars across mean? Facing outwards she was in the right elevator right? to her left there would have been another elevator door?

You know, I think you're right, my brain so fried, sorry, going crosseyed...after looking at it again, I think she's in the right, lol.

If she ended up in that tank via foul play, my guess would be that she was put there at night. There's too many vantage points, would be risky in the day time. Less staff / people around at night, too. Hotels are usually pretty quiet in the wee hours. This reeks of security / maintenance personnel, assuming there is foul play.

Totally agree. A security guard who is used to picking on the lower class maybe. They have security right? Where was guy the whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member