CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Tumblr posts, she seemed to have be struggling with depression. I saw that in a couple of posts, and its here in the About her section too:
http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/autre

No way this was suicide.

You don't go on vacation to die. Plus, all her pictures, she is smiling. She has the blues maybe.

Someone killed her and hid her body in the tank to avoid capture. Water is the perfect place because it washes away evidence.

No way this was suicide.

You don't go on vacation to die. Plus, all her pictures, she is smiling. She has the blues maybe.

Someone killed her and hid her body in the tank to avoid capture. Water is the perfect place because it washes away evidence.

I'm not convinced its a suicide either, I think it could be a homicide. But It is important to note that she supposedly suffers from bipolar depression, which would mean that the onset of the depression is on and off.

roof access looks doable from the fire escape...

6th / Main, Los Angeles, CA - Google Maps

i don't think this can be limited to just hotel employees. i'm sure anyone willing to climb a ladder can get on the roof.
In the end of the video this would be the general direction she turns to the Exit. Did someone nab her on the floor she was on or did she manage to go down 1 flight of outside stairs to try the elevators on the next floor down? If I were the police I would see which tenants left in a hurry the next day or a few days after Lisa went missing. On youtube there was a video made and posted on Feb 6th from a guy who looked very scary IMO Tattoos,straggly long dark hair like a grunge rocker. Will try and find the link.

not sure who in their right mind would post on the tumblr of their victim... it would make no sense..and it should be assumed that her body has been decomposing for a while considering the fact that they had to identify her by birthmark

I agree. That's a mystery. Still, I think that Tumblr is hers, and I have no idea how posts were made up until February 18th.

I agree. That's a mystery. Still, I think that Tumblr is hers, and I have no idea how posts were made up until February 18th.

its also entirely possible that she had someone else post on her behalf actually, with the amount of posts she makes on tumblr everyday it seems rather strange, you don't take a vacation down the coastline to post stuff unrelated to your vacation on tumblr

What I also find odd is when she in gesturing, she seems to be talking to someone to the right, yet when she is last seen, oddly as you mention, she leaves to the left...

She also entered from the left!

Wait a min ya know the part on the video where she is waveing her arms
kind of wierd? I think maybe she was hit in the face! Or maced she is stuned
and cant see. she clutches her throat or chest.

The first time she enters the elevator she seems ok she presses all the buttons so no one can tell what floor she stays on. Seems she hears someone and peaks out goes back then she goes to stand outside at the left of the elevator she hods her hand up to her hair it seems but I think this guy has her by the hair and when she enters the elevator again she looks upset and dishevled. she then presses buttons over and over and over no use she exits again and this is where i think she is hit or something sprayed in her face cause she cant see and seesm to grope the air! I keep watching this video over and over.

2:23-2:29 there looks like a hand that is clearly not Elisa's on the edge of the elevator door. I tried to take screenshots...

23w1zdc.jpg

Andddd suddenly GONE
2zdoa6e.jpg

Edit: now that I look at it again, it could be her foot.. As it seems she slid her foot across the tiled floor..

Oh yeah it does look like those are some kind of bandages on his right arm thanks for pointing that out. Didn't mean to freak anyone out by posting the link just had come across it from a comment so I checked it out and now I see Elise's name has come up in his comments, Yikes but I am NOT accusing anyone just wondering is all as this is such a strange case :( I hope all avenues are being looked into if she was murdered

2:23-2:29 there is a hand that is clearly not Elisa's on the edge of the elevator door. I tried to take screenshots...

29awms9.jpg

As elisa walks away.. Her foot and the hand
29f5h07.jpg

23w1zdc.jpg

Andddd suddenly GONE
2zdoa6e.jpg

Looks like it's her other shoe, not a hand

She said she was interested in meeting up with people on her travels and also that she has wifi. Could she have arranged to meet someone at the hotel and it was not a good person that she met? Did police find and check a laptop computer that she may have had with her?

Sorry, this is going to be a novel. Been reading this for weeks and finally signed up. I have lots to say so please forgive me for the long post.

To me she looks frightened in the video. I'm 5'2 and weigh 110lbs. when in a spooked situation I often act like nope, I'm not worried, but inside my mind is racing looking for explanations. I wouldn't want to look more vulnerable if someone was watching and if I did see a hotel employee after being spooked, more then likely this would have put me a little at ease. My friends call this my Chihuahua attitude.

My actions would be very similar to hers if I was worried someone was hiding in the shower/toilet area of the hallway. (My understanding is that these rooms are just off to the side of the elevators and are often left partially open and unlocked)

I talk with my hands and tend to become more animated when I am anxious. I would walk with a quick pace but not race into an unknown area. The elevator starting to close then stopping would have freaked me out, especially if I started to hear some kind of noise in the hall and then no one was there. Would definitely think someone was hiding and be concerned about being cornered in the elevator or in the hall alone, specifically in this type of run down building with a not so great clientele renting rooms.

As for an explanation on why she was on a different floor then her own here are a couple of scenarios.

Just this past weekend I was on The Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA. At 2 o'clock in the morning I couldn't sleep and decided to explore the ship, but not the areas where the guests are allowed, the areas behind the scenes. The hidden doorways and old passageways that are no longer used by either staff or guests. In other words I went to areas of the ship that no one has been to in years. I climbed down rickety old ladders, explored the closed off sections of the old pool and touched the very bottom of the boat where there is sea water coming through. I was all over that boat and anything could have happened. Who's to say she wasn't intrigued by the dark history of the building and decided to do some exploring, caught someones attention and he/they decided she was an easy target, she noticed something wasn't feeling right but didn't freak out yet, just figured she would go down and then elevator incident happened or she may have noticed something wasn't right once she got in the elevator and things started going weird.

Maybe she was looking for an ice/soda/snack machine. Often they are on alternate floors in these dumpy hotels. Many time I have wondered around looking for soda machines and had to take an elevator to a different floor. I have even left my glasses on the nightstand thinking I'll only be a few minutes I can make it down the hall and back without a problem. Only to find myself 3 floors up going down the halls looking for the machine, finally giving up and just going back to the room.

-- the only problem I see with exploring the hotel is I need glasses badly, the bending to push the buttons make sense if you don't have your glasses or contacts and can't see well but I wouldn't roam a building without being able to see where I am going. Which could also heighten the amount of panic I am having if I think someone might be hiding but because I can't see well, I also can't see if maybe someone is peering from a partially open doorway.

Stepping to the left of the elevator if I think someone might be in a room to the right is something I would do also. To feel as though we have more distance between us. It means nothing in the long run but it would make me feel a little better at the moment to think they have to take those extra steps to get to me. Once the elevator wouldn't close I would assume someone pushed the button to the right and step in the opposite direction when exiting the elevator. The hand behind the head, could be she was putting her hand through her hair. I do this when I get nervous and would probably be thinking OK, am I letting my mind wander or is this real..

But here is another problem with someone hiding to the side. The floors in the hall are tile or marble, someone wearing shoes would make noise if they were scurrying around in a hurry. She would have heard that. I know if I did I would take off like a bat outta hell. Could be why she went back in the elevator and pushed the buttons more hurried the second time. Having realized they were detected the person steps out while she is still in the elevator and she has a conversation with him when she exits the elevator again. It looks like she is relieved to see someone and starts to explain what's happened with the elevator not working.

Unfortunately, the safest place for her was the elevator. Whoever she was talking to knew the elevator had a camera and wasn't going to go anywhere near it to avoid be caught on tape. Wish she would have called down to the front desk and asked a security guard to come up and walk her back to her room. Even if it was a hotel employee she was talking to it would send a red flag up knowing that there is a camera and that person isn't coming within view. No way in hell would I take the stairs alone after that.

Weird but this video just went private (was available no more then 15 minutes ago)

Side note, the guy sounds super sketch.

i removed my post.....

i'm like :eek:

video now private whiskey tango foxtrot!

c r e e p i e s t - t h i n g - i - s a w - t o d a y

:( "An autopsy on Elisa Lam’s body has come back inconclusive, and authorities say it could be two more months before additional tests shed light on how she died.
A Los Angeles coroner revealed Thursday that toxicology tests are being conducted but results could take six to eight weeks."

She said she was interested in meeting up with people on her travels and also that she has wifi. Could she have arranged to meet someone at the hotel and it was not a good person that she met? Did police find and check a laptop computer that she may have had with her?

Yeah I saw that too, but that would mean the person would have to climb a fire escape to the roof with her (roof access is locked), avoid tripping the alarm, carry her up to the tank, open it, and dump her in. Seems like a lot of effort and luck would have to be involved for a non employee to pull that off.

On a side note, please excuse me for sounding super morbid but...one thing that makes me think it was an employee is the fact that the "whole" body was put in the tank. It would have been much easier to carry her up to the roof and tank ladder if this wasn't the case. However, a hotel employee who is at work would find it very difficult to explain away any bloodstains on his clothing and extra time lost. He would have to go home and change without people noticing anything. Another guest could just change the clothes immediately, and ditch?

http://www.examiner.com/article/elisa-lam-canadian-tourist-missing-los-angeles

In one of the earlier press conferences they said, "I don't want to talk about the cell phone...".

Could it be that the cell phone is missing? It's interesting that her tumblr kept getting updated if that is her account. Does anyone with a tumblr account know if they can go to their cell and use tumblr without logging in with a password?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU6Pth41A24&feature=endscreen&NR=1"][HD] 失蹤華裔少女藍可兒(Elisa lam) 陳屍飯店水塔中 - YouTube[/ame]

In one of the earlier press conferences they said, "I don't want to talk about the cell phone...".

Could it be that the cell phone is missing? It's interesting that her tumblr kept getting updated if that is her account. Does anyone with a tumblr account know if they can go to their cell and use tumblr without logging in with a password?

If you have the app, you don't need to sign in every time.

There is an auto-posting queue feature at pre-determined intervals that almost seems to fit the period of her posts, save for that last one, which is an anomaly.

I have a Tumblr (am a tumblr addict) and can confirm that on a smartphone app, it saves your password. The only time you have to login is the first time you install it. If someone has her phone, they could easily be posting to her account from it.

Tumblr allows you to set up a queue, but it posts your queue at regular intervals, not erratically.

(also first post - hi everyone - and RIP Elisa :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme