CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Assuming EL was in tank on Jan 31, 2013, temperature at 2am was 63 degree F. Temp remains steady at 63 degree F til 11am at which it CLIMBED to 67F then continued climbing to 76 degree F at 3pm Feb 1, 2013.

EL would NOT have perished in that 2-6 hour period other poster stated.

http://www.friendlyforecast.com/usa...eles-California&date=20130130000000&sort=hour

Like I said, highly doubt she was ever in that tank alive.. while I do appreciate the many ideas people have it seems a bit far fetched to think a person wouldn't make a racket if they were put into a metal tank alive.. you wouldn't even get me on the roof from inside the hotel without me screaming my head off.

Someone has mentioned the latin/mexican creepers from her Tumblr page. This was posted Jan 27--was she in LA yet?

On Jan 29 she writes what appears to be her last actual, scripted post (as opposed to reblogs or timed reblogs)--about arriving in LA:

I have arrived in Laland…

and there is a monstrosity of a building next to the place I’m staying

when I say monstrosity mind you I’m saying as in gaudy

but then again it was built in 1928 hence the art deco theme so yes it IS classy but then since it’s LA it went on crack

Fairly certain this is where Baz Lurhmann needs to film the Great Gatsby

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41786151020/i-have-arrived-in-laland-and-there-is-a

So not sure if the mexican/italian thing relates to LA?
Also, if anyone's wondering you can see the actual date of posts in the archive--(on the post page it rounds it to the closest week, making it hard to tell).

Because this girl was actually a nice girl. She thought that if she just did everything this man told her to, that he'd have no reason to kill her.

The reason why it was so easy for him to get her into the tank, was because she was a nice girl. Like so many others, she couldn't believe this man would kill her for such a petty reason.

But if he could kill so easily surely he'd have had other hotel victims, even if they didn't end up in the water tank?

Other people must have annoyed him before why didn't they all end up dead.?

Like I said, highly doubt she was ever in that tank alive.. while I do appreciate the many ideas people have it seems a bit far fetched to think a person wouldn't make a racket if they were put into a metal tank alive.. you wouldn't even get me on the roof from inside the hotel without me screaming my head off.

Yes, but we're not talking about you. We're talking about a sweet girl that was scared out of her mind.

A video clip from VB调查

[ame="http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1h7_XyJLxE0/"]Water Tank on Cecil as of Feb 26[/ame]

More pics of rooftop/water tanks LINK

Where does it say the water tanks were locked?

My friend heads security for a large luxury hotel chain and has followed this case

He's wondered how someone can get into the water tanks, all hotel codes states the main equipment facilities, water and power units need to always be secured

hotels are public venues, you can't have these facilities be tampered with

If Cecil hotel did'nt lock the tanks, they're seriously out of code in violation

Yes, I am a night owl, tend to get hungry around 12-1 in the morning for a snack, and can say with absolute certainty that I have on at least one occasion done that exact thing. Yes, even in a sketchy hotel, especially when I was in my teens- 20's because I always thought, nah, nothing can happen to me, I'll only be a minute. I still go about and explore new places to this day in the middle of the night, but when I am roaming around I do tend to wear my contacts. Not always if I am just going down the hall or a floor or two below/above looking for a snack or soda machine though. This whole thing has creeped me out, so doubt I'll be doing that anymore.

El was a night owl too. She wrote in her blog that she liked the hours of 2am - 6am.

My friend heads security for a large luxury hotel chain and has followed this case

He's wondered how someone can get into the water tanks, all hotel codes states the main equipment facilities, water and power units need to always be secured

hotels are public venues, you can't have these facilities be tampered with

If Cecil hotel did'nt lock the tanks, they're seriously out of code in violation

I believe there were MSM articles that said the door to roof was secured with lock and alarm. But the tanks only had latches. No locks.

Wrong. Assuming EL was in tank on Jan 31, 2013, temperature at 2am was 63 degree F. Temp remains steady at 63 degree F til 11am at which it CLIMBED to 67F then continued climbing to 76 degree F at 3pm Feb 1, 2013.

EL would NOT have perished in that 2-6 hour period other poster stated.

http://www.friendlyforecast.com/usa...eles-California&date=20130130000000&sort=hour

She disappeared in the evening between January 31st and Feb 1st.

She was still alive well and accounted for at 2am on January 31st.

Edited to add:

Your link takes you to the January 30th. If you want to know the overnight temps btw jan 31st and feb 1st, you need to be in the date as feb 1st, and it starts at 00 hrs.

At midnight it was 53, it didn't get into the 60's until 9am on feb 1st.

But considering I doubt she went into said tank alive, its kind of a mute point.

It's LA! Either she thought of it herself or someone suggested it, but it only makes sense for a girl on that road trip to want to stop off there. I did the same thing when my girls and I changed our trip route in my youth just to get there for like one night.

Don't know if you're in the US or Canada, but yes ... everybody knows of LA ... even Canadians ;)

If it only makes sense to want to stop there, why would a Canadian traveler plan a trip that included specific destinations but leave out that fabulous experience of LA to begin with, and then just decide "oh, what the hay"? Not everybody changes plans at the last minute, but in this case, there's a dead girl that we would like to know the how and why about every minute detail of her last days.

But if he could kill so easily surely he'd have had other hotel victims, even if they didn't end up in the water tank?

Other people must have annoyed him before why didn't they all end up dead.?

They probably have! I would think the person has a criminal record of assault and other violent crimes. I'd think everyone who lived there know him as a person you don't mess with.

If you're looking for a reason why this suspect hasn't put anyone else in the tank, was simply because this is the first time someone would actually LET him put them in the tank. For the first time, he had someone that he knew would do whatever he told them to, so he choose to stick her in the tank and forget about her.

Chances are, if it were up to him, he'd put everyone in the tank and forget about them.

Individual tolerances would be accounted for in the range of time.

I am not a medical examiner so I have no clue how hypothermia death would be determined. I'm sure you can look it up if you are interested. I personally don't think that she was alive when her body entered the tank, so IMO I really do not believe hypothermia would have been the cause of death.

I agree. I think the tank was the dump site. She was killed in a room, and I would guess somewhere very close to the top of the building. Maybe one of the rooms closest to hers.

I don't buy any of the suggestions that she was wandering around numerous floors on purpose. I was there for 4 days and I spent almost no time in the hotel. Why would I when I am there to see the sites? If she was taking transit (like I was), it takes forever to get to the tourist spots from downtown. Even if I wanted to wander, every floor is the same as the ones above and below. And most of the time you are aware how creepy it is. Why spend anymore time there than necessary.

I really wonder if it's 1:30 in the morning. My guess is that she might have been going down to use a computer or the vending machine. I wouldn't have risked going out of my room at that hour if that was the only purpose. But then I am a lot older than 21.

Really people the place feels as close to the Shining as you can get. You rarely see people in the halls. The numerous security locks on your door give you the impression that you shouldn't feel too safe.

A video clip from VB调查

Water Tank on Cecil as of Feb 26

Thanks FEI -- I found this story via CNN.com

If the water tanks are behind a locked door, how did EL get in?

IMHO Someone needed the hotel Master keys, that's why I believe it's an employee

Los Angeles robbery-homicide detectives are treating this as a suspicious death for obvious reasons, Lopez said. Falling into a covered water tank behind a locked door on top of a roof would be an unusual accident.

A video clip from VB调查

Water Tank on Cecil as of Feb 26

Interestingly........how did THIS person get up there with his mobile/handphone to take videos of the tank? :)

No more alarms, secure locks, etc? :)

Bright daylight too --> 'I wanna go see the water tanks so I'm just gonna go see the water tanks' :)

My understanding is her itinerary included LA --from her blog Jan 13:

Planning planning planning for the West Coast tour…

Sigh turns out I won’t be making as many stops as I’d like

Vancouver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Santa Cruz and San Francisco

I really want to stop by San Luis Obispo but alas…we’ll see

Suggestions and meet-ups still highly appreciated

?

Thanks for that ... i'll have to go back to early Thread 1 to find out why it was determined that LA was not part of her itinerary. IIRC, it was along the lines of LE attempting to determine why she was there.

Yes, but we're not talking about you. We're talking about a sweet girl that was scared out of her mind.

And what makes you think I'm not a sweet girl :angel:
I'm 5'2 weigh 115lbs and not exactly a rough person but I have common sense and based off of blog posts and tumblr account she seemed intelligent enough to know if she was in danger and someone was forcing her into a more dangerous situation, take any opportunity to make as much noise as possible to get out alive. I cannot imagine anyone voluntarily going up to that roof and getting into the tank . Basic instincts kick in

Sorry if any of these details have previously.been verified, but do we know for sure if:

• EL had a single room with no hostel-style roomates
  • She had a shared bathroom type of room
  • If shared, beyond no shower, there was no sink or toilet in the room

Thanks FEI -- I found this story via CNN.com

If the water tanks are behind a locked door, how did EL get in?

Los Angeles robbery-homicide detectives are treating this as a suspicious death for obvious reasons, Lopez said. Falling into a covered water tank behind a locked door on top of a roof would be an unusual accident.

A hotel patron said he used the fire escape on 15th floor. No locks on window to fire escape. He climbed up fire escape to roof. The tanks are in open area on roof, easily accessible.

And what makes you think I'm not a sweet girl :angel:
I'm 5'2 weigh 115lbs and not exactly a rough person but I have common sense and based off of blog posts and tumblr account she seemed intelligent enough to know if she was in danger and someone was forcing her into a more dangerous situation, take any opportunity to make as much noise as possible to get out alive. I cannot imagine anyone voluntarily going up to that roof and getting into the tank . Basic instincts kick in

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you're not sweet.

I believe EL was raised to be submissive. She submitted completely to this man, thinking that as long as she co-operated, that he'd have no logical reason to kill her. What she didn't count on, was there was nothing logical about this person at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro