CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While posts in Tumblr can certainly be queued, I still want to discuss this a bit more as the frequency between posts are quite strange. If you look at her posting frequency, it seems that up until last week the posts were queued to post basically daily. I'm attaching screenshots of how the Tumblr queue works. Basically you can pick the number of posts you want to queue up each day. It appears that she didn't use the queue system here for this latest post because several days have gone by before the previous posts, whereas for those actually in the queue at least 1 post would queue up each day. It looks like if she did post this herself before she died, it would have to be via an exact schedule, which I also show a screenshot of how scheduling in Tumblr works. You can schedule at an exact day and time. But it seems like strange behavior that she would be basically queueing up posts at least once a day up until 1 week ago, and suddenly a week later a new post pops up. It's definitely possible that she manually scheduled this one but there must still be something about this post that makes her schedule it almost a month later and that itself is very interesting.

I think it might be worthwhile to check with someone that works in Tumblr on when exactly her last login/request was to the Tumblr server, and check the IP address of that last login/request since this could potentially be very important evidence.

Good observation! I looked into it and saw that she reblogged it from another user (don't know if I can name unrelated people. But you can see the info to the right of the image when you click the post). I looked at the archives of that user and learned that the post was originally made on December 31st 2012. Elisa probably queued it shortly afterward when it came up on her dashboard (she COULD have done it anytime if she'd gone to the other user's account and looked through it. But reblogging from the dashboard feed is what people usually do). It is indeed a little odd that this post didn't post in her normal queue schedule. In my opinion, it was probably either a mistake, a glitch, or a date of personal significance to Elisa.

Oh, actually a new post just came up--it's a Virginia Woold quote: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/44283478275/aseaofquotes-virginia-woolf-night-and-day. I haven't looked into the posting date--I think it'll be thensame story, though.

I'm sure this was posted before, but the tumblr account indicates she was to be in SD from Jan 22 - 27. I'm wondering if she just made a typo on the Jan 22 re San Diego; otherwise, why would she arrive and leave Vanc on the same date?

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/39940752951/i-just-got-my-flightbookd-vancouver-jan-18

I'm a little confused by your question. Are you asking why would she leave Vancouver and arrive in San Diego the same day? If so, it's only a 2.5 hour flight. Or were you asking why she was in Vancouver on the 18th & made the post on the 18th?

Saw this last week. It's dated January 18th. I know I've read that she was in Toronto but can't remember the dates. Is that the trip she took in December perhaps?

This was on her Tumblr

I just got my flightbook’d

Vancouver: Jan 18 - 22, San Diego: Jan 22 - 27

and the rest is to be written…

tThis was posted 1 month ago
zThis has been tagged with #caliblah

Thanks, good stuff i'm going to save this ..

I'm not sure of those dates to Toronto either..

there's some conflicting of dates between her tumblr and the police, need to sort out
her tumblr still making posts only confounds the problem ha!... anyways those are a tomorrow project lol

bed time :truce:

Good observation! I looked into it and saw that she reblogged it from another user (don't know if I can name unrelated people. But you can see the info to the right of the image when you click the post). I looked at the archives of that user and learned that the post was originally made on December 31st 2012. Elisa probably queued it shortly afterward when it came up on her dashboard (she COULD have done it anytime if she'd gone to the other user's account and looked through it. But reblogging from the dashboard feed is what people usually do). It is indeed a little odd that this post didn't post in her normal queue schedule. In my opinion, it was probably either a mistake, a glitch, or a date of personal significance to Elisa.

Oh, actually a new post just came up--it's a Virginia Woold quote: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/44283478275/aseaofquotes-virginia-woolf-night-and-day. I haven't looked into the posting date--I think it'll be thensame story, though.

Reblogged from the same source as at least one other "magrittesque" if I remember correctly... Starting to wonder if a friend of hers has access to the account and doesn't realize she's driving a small group of people nuts... lol

Was at a hockey game tonight and was thinking about the graffiti. I know there's been much conversation on this topic, and many elaborate theories. However, there are some things that I've been pondering that haven't settled in my mind yet so perhaps the folks here can provide some inputs (but not too many colorful scenarios, hopefully, just thoughts.) Perhaps this has been already be talked about as well in one of the many forums...

1. The phrase "Fecto C*nt Her Suma" on the pump-looking thing by the water tower and "Suma Fekto C*nt Her 2012" must have some type of connection. Either made by the same person or one tag inspired the other. However, why the differences in:
a. direction of letters (left to right versus up to down)
b. spelling of the word "Fecto"/"Fekto"

2. Is it confirmed that the words (at least "Fecto"/"Fekto" and "Suma") are Latin? I don't know Latin but using Google Translate, "Fecto" means "assuredly", "certainly", "surely", "surely it", "really" while "fekto" has no translation (maybe a misspelling if it was supposed to be Latin).
As a side, does anyone speak Spanish? For some reason, Google Translate says that "fecto" means "defect" in English, but that's only in Google Translate.

"Suma" appears to mean "sum" or "total" in both Latin and Spanish.

Does anyone know if this phrase (or some combination) would make any sense in Latin, Spanish, or some other language ("C*nt" and "Her" are probably English)?
That is, using my limited understanding via Google Translate, would this have something to do with "certainly, all her c*nt" (using Latin Google Translate) or "defect, all her c*nt" (using Spanish Google Translate, which I'm not sure about the translation).

As a reference to another site with a more colorful theory ([ame="http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1061343964"]Cobain murdered by CIA - Page 272 - David Icke's Official Forums[/ame]), they translate the phrase as "In effect, a complete c*nt"

3. HOW DOES TUMBLR WORK?? Did EL have to manually choose reposts? Or can she have her account auto repost on people she follows (ie: she doesn't select particular reposts.) The reason I ask is one posting on Feb 1 (the day I'm suspecting she went missing and around the time the elevator video was taken, based on her activity on Jan 31st and no more activity after that). This is a repost on Tumblr on Feb 1:

"C*nt again? It was odd how men … used that word to demean women when it was the only part of a woman they valued."
(http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41989448922/****-again-it-was-odd-how-men-used-that-word-to)

Obviously the C*nt word is probably a commonly used word, but this Tumblr post came to mind when I was thinking of the graffiti (see point 2 above).

4. Anyone an expert in handwriting? Comparing the glass pic:
Z0azycM.jpg

to the pump/water tank pic
1361522179123201302220032567_46318.jpg

I see some interesting differences and possibly similarities.
On the glass pic, I see that the "E" in "Her" is different from the "E" in "Fekto". Why the change in how "E" was written in the same graffiti tag? More than one tagger?

The word "Her" in the glass graffiti appears to be somewhat similar in writing style to phrase written on the pump. However, the rest of the glass graffiti phrase appears to be written differently from the pump phrase. Some possible differences include:
a. "U" is different. Glass has a little tail on the right while the pump doesn't.
b. "T" is different. Glass has that fancy top (like new times roman.. I wish I could describe fonts better) but pump has a straight top.
c. "M" might be different. Glass has more rounded corners, possibly indicating a single motion to create the letter.
d. "O" might be different. Glass has a thin top, possibly indicating that the letter finished at the 11:30 position. Pump has a bump at the 5 o'clock position possibly indicating a start/end at that point.
e. "a" might be different. Although both tops look similar, the pump definitely stops after the first across and down stroke before going to the left then down. The glass "a" might be a flowing letter where the round part of the a going in a clockwise manner (while the glass "a" has the roundish part definitely going in a counter clockwise manner.)
f. "C" and "N" are too similar in both pics to tell.

I understand that maybe there could be differences in case (eg: "u" has a tail but "U" doesn't) but I'm not sure if this would explain all the differences.

4. What kind of person would write such a graffiti tag? If it were Latin/English, some book smart/hipster/intellectual with a penchant for minor public mayhem? Most of the graffiti I see are pictures (often times lewd), initials, tag handles, or simple profanity. Yes, reproductive organs in a vulgar sense are mentioned but not mixed with Latin (let me know if you think it's Spanish.)

ALSO, I find it interesting that the 0 is the slashed 0 is used. I don't see that commonly used by people. I like to use it myself (after a taking college math classes) to distinguish it from the letter "O". What kind of tagger would use a slashed zero? Someone who's familiar with math (or just likes the slash zero)?

Maybe making a mountain out of a molehill but, like I said, I was pondering this while watching hockey. :)

So I'm watching dark water, the japanese version right now. Has anyone else watched it? I'm only about 1/3 of the way through and really it's uncanny how many elevator scenes there are and how it's almost a focal point . I wonder if anyone else thought so. tks

Most old buildings have water tanks and elevators like those in the movie. And out of the thousands of movies out there, the probability of having one of horror theme focusing on a building's elevator and water tank is actually not too low. So I would not put too much significance on the similarities between this case and the movie.

Was at a hockey game tonight and was thinking about the graffiti. I know there's been much conversation on this topic, and many elaborate theories. However, there are some things that I've been pondering that haven't settled in my mind yet so perhaps the folks here can provide some inputs (but not too many colorful scenarios, hopefully, just thoughts.) Perhaps this has been already be talked about as well in one of the many forums...

1. The phrase "Fecto C*nt Her Suma" on the pump-looking thing by the water tower and "Suma Fekto C*nt Her 2012" must have some type of connection. Either made by the same person or one tag inspired the other. However, why the differences in:
a. direction of letters (left to right versus up to down)
b. spelling of the word "Fecto"/"Fekto"

2. Is it confirmed that the words (at least "Fecto"/"Fekto" and "Suma") are Latin? I don't know Latin but using Google Translate, "Fecto" means "assuredly", "certainly", "surely", "surely it", "really" while "fekto" has no translation (maybe a misspelling if it was supposed to be Latin).
As a side, does anyone speak Spanish? For some reason, Google Translate says that "fecto" means "defect" in English, but that's only in Google Translate.

"Suma" appears to mean "sum" or "total" in both Latin and Spanish.

Does anyone know if this phrase (or some combination) would make any sense in Latin, Spanish, or some other language ("C*nt" and "Her" are probably English)?
That is, using my limited understanding via Google Translate, would this have something to do with "certainly, all her c*nt" (using Latin Google Translate) or "defect, all her c*nt" (using Spanish Google Translate, which I'm not sure about the translation).

As a reference to another site with a more colorful theory (Cobain murdered by CIA - Page 272 - David Icke's Official Forums), they translate the phrase as "In effect, a complete c*nt"

3. HOW DOES TUMBLR WORK?? Did EL have to manually choose reposts? Or can she have her account auto repost on people she follows (ie: she doesn't select particular reposts.) The reason I ask is one posting on Feb 1 (the day I'm suspecting she went missing and around the time the elevator video was taken, based on her activity on Jan 31st and no more activity after that). This is a repost on Tumblr on Feb 1:

"C*nt again? It was odd how men … used that word to demean women when it was the only part of a woman they valued."
(http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41989448922/****-again-it-was-odd-how-men-used-that-word-to)

Obviously the C*nt word is probably a commonly used word, but this Tumblr post came to mind when I was thinking of the graffiti (see point 2 above).

4. Anyone an expert in handwriting? Comparing the glass pic:
Z0azycM.jpg

to the pump/water tank pic
1361522179123201302220032567_46318.jpg

I see some interesting differences and possibly similarities.
On the glass pic, I see that the "E" in "Her" is different from the "E" in "Fekto". Why the change in how "E" was written in the same graffiti tag? More than one tagger?

The word "Her" in the glass graffiti appears to be somewhat similar in writing style to phrase written on the pump. However, the rest of the glass graffiti phrase appears to be written differently from the pump phrase. Some possible differences include:
a. "U" is different. Glass has a little tail on the right while the pump doesn't.
b. "T" is different. Glass has that fancy top (like new times roman.. I wish I could describe fonts better) but pump has a straight top.
c. "M" might be different. Glass has more rounded corners, possibly indicating a single motion to create the letter.
d. "O" might be different. Glass has a thin top, possibly indicating that the letter finished at the 11:30 position. Pump has a bump at the 5 o'clock position possibly indicating a start/end at that point.
e. "a" might be different. Although both tops look similar, the pump definitely stops after the first across and down stroke before going to the left then down. The glass "a" might be a flowing letter where the round part of the a going in a clockwise manner (while the glass "a" has the roundish part definitely going in a counter clockwise manner.)
f. "C" and "N" are too similar in both pics to tell.

I understand that maybe there could be differences in case (eg: "u" has a tail but "U" doesn't) but I'm not sure if this would explain all the differences.

4. What kind of person would write such a graffiti tag? If it were Latin/English, some book smart/hipster/intellectual with a penchant for minor public mayhem? Most of the graffiti I see are pictures (often times lewd), initials, tag handles, or simple profanity. Yes, reproductive organs in a vulgar sense are mentioned but not mixed with Latin (let me know if you think it's Spanish.)

ALSO, I find it interesting that the 0 is the slashed 0 is used. I don't see that commonly used by people. I like to use it myself (after a taking college math classes) to distinguish it from the letter "O". What kind of tagger would use a slashed zero? Someone who's familiar with math (or just likes the slash zero)?

Maybe making a mountain out of a molehill but, like I said, I was pondering this while watching hockey. :)

Just curious, does it say it was posted on the 1st for certain or was it posted anytime between 1/28-2/1? I just find it interesting if that is the case. I'm on my tablet at the moment and can't seem to bring up a date. Could it be a repost that was queued or perhaps she saw the graffiti and made the post, if in fact it was during the time she stayed at the Cecil.. Read her tumblr blog but since I am not very familiar with tumblr I have some problems understanding how to tell if something was reblogged in real time or if it had already been in her queue to post.

You can just click that link above and it'll play on youtube. Save your money!

You can lead a horse to water...

And I really hope I'm wrong in my sneaking suspicion people are taking the time to "sleuth" the Tumblr posting process when all the information regarding Elisa's posthumous posts has been explained in detail in earlier threads. I know it takes a while to read all these posts, but why not start from the beginning if you really want to figure something out?

Read her tumblr blog but since I am not very familiar with tumblr I have some problems understanding how to tell if something was reblogged in real time or if it had already been in her queue to post.

There isn't really any way to tell that, unfortunately. It'll say "reblogged" at the time it was scheduled to post rather than the time the scheduling was actually done.

I looked around for an easy-to-understand guide to using Tumblr, and this looked pretty good to me: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Tumblr

Someone on this forum chatted with RS and he was in South Korea stationed in the Army the entire time. Someone started that profile to mess with him and with us. Look at his profile, he friends any one who has an Asian woman as a profile pic. He was in South Korea the entire time.

He may be the person EL was meeting with in LA. My friend told me there is a Korean community close to the Cecil Hotel.

I actually find that post really interesting, and I hope LE is looking into it because that could explain a lot. It's an interesting theory about the bath salts, too...Though, how someone who apparently never really got drunk and didn't do any illegal drugs to anyone's knowledge would suddenly want to try them is beyond me. Unless she was forced to try them somehow...I have no idea how you actually consume "bath salts."

Also, if anyone is interested in her family's restaurant:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pauls-Restaurant/124247057617720

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/1501126/restaurant/Vancouver/Burnaby-North/Pauls-Restaurant-Burnaby

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/pauls-restaurant-burnaby

It sounds like a tasty restaurant...I think I might like to go by there and place some flowers or something.

Nothing to explain. Check the dates of her trip posted on her Tumblr (not the ones first reported by the media) and you will see she was in San Diego on the 27th, and there is a jazz club in downtown San Diego called Speakasy.

Thanks for the links to her parents' restaurant, though, I've been looking for these and they could lead to another EL screenname with a little cyber-detective work.

If EL was indeed found naked in the cistern then it would be much more logical for her to have entered (or been placed into) the cistern naked. That is, either she climbed in naked or was carried in naked. I find it extremely hard to buy the idea that water (and we're not talking about some Perfect Storm type of whirlpool action) can take off three layers of top clothing (hoodie, shirt, maybe bra) and two layers of lower clothing (shorts, underwear), as well as sandals and then have all that conveniently suck down a 4" diameter pipe.

Even if the clothes didn't get all sucked down (ie: she was found naked by her clothes were in the cistern somewhere, perhaps clogging the pipe), I wouldn't buy the idea that all that clothing could be taken off.

Also, after looking at the ladders (up the fire escape, the wooden ladder up the side of the cistern, and I think there's another access method to something 2 meters or so above the cistern's top), I'd imagine with the type of sandals/flip flops EL was wearing, it'd be precarious to try to climb with her flip flops/sandals on. Meaning... more likely bare feet during the ascent Although it's probably not impossible to climb up with sandals, I do recall that on the Chinese site, Brandon and his partner (the author) mentioned that you needed some guts/bravery to climb up the fire escape. I think that's due to the vertical ascent and the fact that climbing up a metal ladder isn't the most sure footed method of going places. Thus, having sandals on wouldn't make sense.

Hi guys, don't trust the Chinese media the body was nuked and/or upside down, unless this information is confirmed by the LE. Being a Chinese myself, I can tell you, Chinese media sometimes (maybe often) publishes information that is not 100% came from official channel, they like to add their own opinion and quote information from other internet sources.

Thanks for this. Is there no record of where she stayed in LA on jan 26 and jan 27? Anyone know? I haven't come across it...

LAPD (and I am presuming her family) did not even know why Elisa was in L.A., let alone what dates she was there. LAPD and the Lam family presumably were not aware of her Tumblr, which is linked up-thread with her travel schedule posted on the say she booked her flight. And the articles naming the 26th as her arrival date in L.A. were posted while she was still missing, not that they are linked or anything by all the people who continue to insist that Elisa was in L.A. on the 26th. She was in San Diego on the 26 and 27, and this is backed up by the 'Speakeasy' posts on Jan. 27 (Speakeasy is the actual name of a San Diego jazz bar and Elisa was a jazz enthusiast) and the "arrival in Lala" post on Jan. 29, presumably a day or so after she checked in.

He may be the person EL was meeting with in LA. My friend told me there is a Korean community close to the Cecil Hotel.

Koreatown is a bit west of downtown, not exactly walking distance. The Facebook dude is an Internet random living in Korea. The foodie in me must digress, there is a place in K Town called OB Bear if you're ever in the area...I still have vivid dreams about their chicken wings. Korean chicken places are popping up all over Chicago these days and not a one comes close to approaching that lofty standard...

WB Yeats had nothing to do with these or any other Tarot card design. The cards were drawn by illustrator Pamela Colman Smith from the instructions of academic and mystic A. E. Waite.

It's definitely possible that she manually scheduled this one but there must still be something about this post that makes her schedule it almost a month later and that itself is very interesting.

That Hermit is from the Rider-Waite deck of cards designed by William Butler Yeats and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

tumblr_mbz70tqS1S1r6mibzo1_400.jpg

Yes, that video may not even be an indicator of her state of mind when she went missing. They also gave conflicting dates as to when it was filmed. They never said what time it was recorded either, or if they found the clothing she was wearing in that video in her room or if it's missing. They aren't saying jack, which is really annoying.

Someone a few pages back quoted Chinese media as having found that she was travelling down to meet a friend she met online. I don't know if that was ever proven or disproven, or if that friend was in San Diego or LA? But all the witnesses who saw her last say she was always seen alone, so it may be a false clue.

Which makes me wonder, is LAPD so reticent in most other cases or is it in this case only?

And the American Media, are they like pressing for answers but not getting any, or are they not pursuing at all?

You can lead a horse to water...

And I really hope I'm wrong in my sneaking suspicion people are taking the time to "sleuth" the Tumblr posting process when all the information regarding Elisa's posthumous posts has been explained in detail in earlier threads. I know it takes a while to read all these posts, but why not start from the beginning if you really want to figure something out?

Huh? I'm not reading the tumblr posts because I dont understand how it works for one. I've read a few that others have put on here but if she were killed by someone then her posts have no bearing on her death. They do give an insight into who she was though.

Not to dispute what you've said but to be fair, nothing is conclusive about the cause of death or whether it was foul play or accidental, and because everyone has little to work on except the strange video, it is understandable that many then feel that finding a neat explanation to the video may be the key to unlocking the mystery.

I'm new here having been to other sites before discovering that the posts here are generally well-informed and of better logic. You do see quite many real stupid and uninformed posts at other places, but none here. All the posts here, be they postulating foul play, drug induction, conspiracy, demonic possession or whatever, do give some reasonable basis for their line of thinking.

Granted some may get over-imaginative or zealous in their postulations. But one must understand that we are all in a situation where we are trying our best working on very little to unravel this great mystery (and I can see that quite many have become obsessed with it too). So, when we come across a discovery or thought that we strongly feel might be of relevance, do we post it for the critical examination and comments of all here, or do we say "hang on, this may not go down well with others so I better not post it"? And if enough people chose the latter, will we not risk losing information that might turn out to be critical?

Stick to the facts. Yes, but what facts? Facts to something deemed acceptable, yes; facts to something not deemed acceptable, no?

For every over-imaginative postulation on the wild side, I have also read an over-imaginative postulation on the foul-play side. Given the understandable excitement that everyone is in, would it not be better to have some latitude both ways? What I do when I come across a post that I find unhelpful is simply to skip to the next post.

Just asking for a little tolerance sort of, without derailing the purpose of this thread. :)

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member