CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question... if she was wearing contacts when she died, would they still be in her eyes when she was found?

I don't know for sure, but I doubt it. If moving water didn't make them come off, post-mortem changes in the eyeballs probably would...

3) Bupropion (Wellbutrin) - *still researching this. She says her student plan doesn't cover it which leads me to believe she was taking the brand name. I'm trying to find pictures that match the one of hers. It's kinda hard because hers looks like a white oval that is shorter and I can only find "longer" white ovals. It could be the angle though. Also I am not sure if Canada's pills differ from the ones in the US. Another interesting thing is that the FDA recalled a certain Bupropion XL in late 2012 (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_131971.html) but, again, I am not sure if this effected Canadian generics, or if she was even on the generic. I can't even tell when that blog was written. I loathe Tumblr with a fiery passion. Anyway I think the Wellbutrin acts as a "boost" of sorts, to the antidepressant medication. At least that is how it was described to me when I was prescribed it, along with Prozac. She does not specify what this medication is for, so we can only guess.

Snipped somewhat...

I don't know if anyone has answered you yet and I apologize if they have, but...First off, wouldn't she want to take the generic, not the brand name, if she doesn't have insurance coverage for it? Generic is way cheaper. Also, the generic here in BC is a small white pill with blue lettering (I'm taking it here, too). In the States (where I'm from originally), it was a blue, oval-shaped pill. And at first I was taking the non-generic here in BC and I believe it was a yellow, oval-shaped pill. (I could have that reversed...The yellow might have been the States and the blue here.) So, yes, the small white pill is Budeprion generic here.

I'm wondering why was Elisa on the 14th floor to begin with?

Was she leaving the perp's room and he confronted her again at the elevator?

If I'm LAPD, I'd stick to investigating all the residents on the 14th floor, someone may know something. Then again, I understand the 14th floor residents are long term, so maybe it's a fraternity and no one rats out anyone

Regardless of LAPD, until they can verify a time of death, it makes more sense to me Elisa died around Jan 31.. If she was alive until Feb 14-16 as was purported, where was she staying? I can't believe someone in the hotel would risk keeping her alive for 2 weeks, then kill her and place her in the tank nude

I still think she was suffocated by someone on the 14th floor, who then could easily take a short distance to the roof, tank...And I'm thinking at least 2 perp's were involved, one to look out for witnesses, carry her body and the other to place her in the tank...It would be really risky for one perp to carry her without be spotted IMO

And to the locals in Canada, has a formal obituary been written and published anywhere?

Snipped to address only this one thing...I don't read the newspaper here, but I haven't seen anything online. With the family being so private and withdrawn about the whole thing (totally understandable, too) I wouldn't be surprised if they never publish one... :/

I'm not saying she IS related to the former Lt. Governor of BC, but...If she were...Maybe the mafia theory can still stand. ;)

Even though they both have "Lam" as their last name, Elisa's last name "Lam" in Chinese is pretty rare as it literally means "Blue" while the more common Lam last name is translated to "forest"?

I'm wondering why was Elisa on the 14th floor to begin with?

Was she leaving the perp's room and he confronted her again at the elevator?

If I'm LAPD, I'd stick to investigating all the residents on the 14th floor, someone may know something. Then again, I understand the 14th floor residents are long term, so maybe it's a fraternity and no one rats out anyone

Regardless of LAPD, until they can verify a time of death, it makes more sense to me Elisa died around Jan 31.. If she was alive until Feb 14-16 as was purported, where was she staying? I can't believe someone in the hotel would risk keeping her alive for 2 weeks, then kill her and place her in the tank nude

I still think she was suffocated by someone on the 14th floor, who then could easily take a short distance to the roof, tank...And I'm thinking at least 2 perp's were involved, one to look out for witnesses, carry her body and the other to place her in the tank...It would be really risky for one perp to carry her without be spotted IMO

Is that true about the 14th floor being LT residents? I've seen reviews of the hotel where guests stayed on the 14th and 15th floors and that the "better" rooms were there. Do we know if they kept the residents together in one area or are they spread throughout the Cecil?

Just a quick question... if she was wearing contacts when she died, would they still be in her eyes when she was found?

That's a good question that I can't answer definitively, but I can say that I have tried opening my eyes in the bathtub under water and my contacts popped out. If she was alive when she was in the water tank, let's say, and if her contacts were in and she opened her eyes underwater, they're long gone.

I think it all depends on what state her body was in when she was put in the tank. If she was alive but her eyes were closed and they never opened (ie she was unconscious), there might still be contacts. If she was alive and trapped in the tank and opened her eyes underwater, they're probably gone. If she was dead and put in the tank and her eyes were open post-mortem, they're probably long gone. If she was dead and her eyes were closed or someone had closed them before putting her in the tank, they may still be in there.

Just from my experience of losing my contacts in the bathtub. If water hits them, they pop out very easily.

The only thing that would freak me out is if Elisa reblogged a post that originated after EL's death. If someone here announced it had happened, I'd check it out, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'd put more stock in it if it were one of the few other people here who I know are serious Tumblr users, though.
<rsbm>

And that is precisely what strangemercy initially posted at 9:56 last nite ... that the reblogged post originated 3:00 pm Feb 25:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8963317&postcount=677"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4[/ame]

True, I've used the queuing system countless times. While it is possible that EL stored so many old posts from before that they queued all the way up until now, what is not possible is having recent posts included in this queue. For instance, the Hermit post that was "reblogged from magrittesque." The user magrittesque did not post (or "reblog") that image until 3:00 PM on February 25th, 2013, 4 days ago. What I'm wondering is how could EL have possibly had that reblogged post in her queue weeks ago if it was only posted a couple of days ago?

Note: A subsequent edit/cross-out of the above paragraph by strangemercy was at 10:37.

At 10:51, strangemercy posted the following:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8963499&postcount=688"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4[/ame]

You're right, I just looked at the archive and it does date back to December 31st. I'm just wondering why on my dashboard (I have the Missing E plugin), it shows this.
Note: "this" being the link to:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14oc040&s=6

strangemercy has been using tumblr for 3 1/2 years, so is not new to how it works. Tumblr itself gives instruction on how to edit back, so IOW between 9:56when strangemercy first saw the Feb 25 on their dashboardand, someone had 40mins in which that date could have been edited to reflect Dec 31.

Even though they both have "Lam" as their last name, Elisa's last name "Lam" in Chinese is pretty rare as it literally means "Blue" while the more common Lam last name is translated to "forest"?

Sorry but how do we know which one is Elisa's last name?

There is one thing though. Not all Chinese people change their last name after they are married. If Elisa's mom didn't change her last name when she got married, there's no way to figure it out.

Really? I didn't know that actually. My boyfriend is Chinese and as far as I know, his mom took his dad's last name and when they divorced, changed back to her maiden name. I think.

Anyway, here is the review where they mention an Anna: http://paulsrestaurant-hastings.foodpages.ca/

Sorry to confuse anyone with two posts on same issue ... i seriously dropped my mouse and my screen went haywire as i flailed around to retrieve it. I deleted the first post :)

Great question Anasie & thanks for the intel you bring to bringing justice for Elisa

All I've heard per LAPD finding anything is Elisa was nude in the tank

No mention of clothing, glasses, cell phone, purse

If she was wearing contacts on the elevator video, maybe her contacts were fogged up because she did'nt clean them, which happened to me many times

If you know anything you should contact LA crime stoppers, you can google it easily

Great question Anasie & thanks for the intel you bring to bringing justice for Elisa

All I've heard per LAPD finding anything is Elisa was nude in the tank

No mention of clothing, glasses, cell phone, purse

If she was wearing contacts on the elevator video, maybe her contacts were fogged up because she did'nt clean them, which happened to me many times

If you know anything you should contact LA crime stoppers, you can google it easily

I'm really confused about the elevator now because...I can definitely see that her making those "piano playing" motions with her hands meant she was maybe saying to someone "I can't see anything around me" and then flipping her hands up in an "oh well" sort of gesture. And I could see her being very frustrated because she needs to get back to her room to get her glasses or contacts, and she's waiting for the elevator and it's not moving...(People have pointed out that when she puts her hands on her head it's like she's frustrated.)

At the same time, if she can't see anything, she wouldn't peer out of the elevator like she's looking for something or someone...

So frustrating that the video doesn't have sound.

What does "good girl/bad girl" have to do with
And is it a fact or an assumption by some, that her tumblr page has been hacked?

Is the TOD of Feb 14 to 16 accurate ? Or was that possibly an error in reporting?

It's a horror to think of her captive somewhere in a busy hotel with people everywhere
around for 2 weeks. :(

And is it a fact or an assumption by some, that her tumblr page has been hacked?

Hey Clu. Well, for my part, I am not thinking hacked so much as a phony lead where someone is feeding disinfo about her.
Because if this isn't hers then those aren't her pills, and that's not her
suicidal, anti-social personality.

...And if she didn't have contacts or glasses, and if she was telling someone this...That would make her very vulnerable and a very easy target.

It's neither fact nor assumption at this point cluciano ... i'm just pointing out what I and at least one other poster have observed that I feel is worth checking out.

So far we've been given a link to a FB page that is not available (to me, unless others can see it), a Twitter account that appears to have next to none by way of Vancouver content, and another poster who observed that the reblogged Hermit card initially had a posting date from margri**s account showing Feb 25.

I just did the street view of the restaurant and realized...I have walked past that restaurant, I have driven past it, I have seen it many times and it only just occurred to me. Kind of gives me the chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85