CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the TOD of Feb 14 to 16 accurate ? Or was that possibly an error in reporting?

It's a horror to think of her captive somewhere in a busy hotel with people everywhere
around for 2 weeks. :(

Someone on WS ran with this TOD as Feb 14-16, but it has not been verified

I agree it would be way too risky to keep her hostage for about 2 weeks in a hotel room

It does'nt jive with me at Schmae

strangemercy has been using tumblr for 3 1/2 years, so is not new to how it works. Tumblr itself gives instruction on how to edit back, so IOW between 9:56when strangemercy first saw the Feb 25 on their dashboardand, someone had 40mins in which that date could have been edited to reflect Dec 31.

I actually posted about finding the Dec. 31st date yesterday at 12:52 AM: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8958505&postcount=444"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4[/ame]

So if it was indeed ever backdated, it would have to have happened before I posted about it, not after strangemercy did.

Other than the date glitch (or whatever), Strangemercy is spot on with her explantions of Tumblr and its culture :)

Dude, get a grip. You can post your theories, but if some don't see it that way, well, that's how it works for everyone. The more adamant and indignant you are in presenting your theories, the harder it is to understand your content. You set up an affective filter in others.

This is a casual offering of my assessment of your plight. I hope you can reconcile it all.

I'm not sure what happened there, but I agree with Tapu. None of us knows for sure what happened to Elisa, so we shouldn't just cling dogmatically and stridently to our own theories, right? I mean, we just don't have enough facts, though some people here have done a good job of collecting info and outlining the plausible scenarios as to what might have happened.

I'm frustrated. I think I have a solid concept to what happened to her, and I'm getting nothing but, "no, I don't see it", back.

<modsnip>.

I think i can speak for everyone when i say we DO want this case solved. We are all moved by Elisa which is why we're here collaborating.

With so little information to go on EVERY theory is a stretch. Heck, i dont even have one! Her COD and even estimated date of death have yet to be determined (or Released). It's absolutely preposterous to expect others such a large group of people (of all experiences from all over the globe) to see evidence the same way.

If you feel so strongly about this then contact the authorities on the case and step back for a bit. You can come back for an "I told you so" if you feel it necessary.

Whatever manner she was blogging - either cell phone or computer. As I stated, I have assumed she did not blog with her phone, but even the links you provide support that the LE have her cellphone.

My point is that she could have hit the depths of a bipolar depressive cycle and stayed in bed for 2 weeks. But even had she done this, her MO is to continue blogging through her dark periods, unless the item that she used to blog with was stolen.

If the item that she used to blog with was stolen or not working, she might have used someone else's device or a public computer, and that could be why her blog continues to post (even beyond the regular pattern of a queue).

However the content of most of her recent posts seems like something she would have posted herself, though that hermit thing and the sociology cover are really bizarre to me.

Okay so I guess the latest post (that I hadn't seen) kind of breaks that theory, I feel paranoid for thinking someone was updating her blog. But it's still a bit weird.

My guess would be that LL are her Chinese initials. Most Chinese people I know, even if not born in China have both a Chinese and an "English" name. The other possibility is that the first L is a play on people calling her "El" short for "Elisa"

just a thought (or two)

I think it would be the second one, where the first L is a play on "El" because her Chinese name is "Ke Er" (from Blue Can Children), so it should be KEL

strangemercy has been using tumblr for 3 1/2 years, so is not new to how it works. Tumblr itself gives instruction on how to edit back, so IOW between 9:56when strangemercy first saw the Feb 25 on their dashboardand, someone had 40mins in which that date could have been edited to reflect Dec 31.

I actually want to add to my answer that a person with Elisa's phone could not have changed magr*********'s posting date--only that user could. I'm not sure what the motive would be for her to do so.

If anyone was inclined to, they could look at the reblogs from magr********. if she backdated after posting, that would not change the dates for any of the people who blogged it from her. It would be a laborious task, but if all of those users had a Feb. date, you'd have something.

Edit: here's a link to the first part of my answer: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8967066&postcount=997"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #4[/ame]

I assumed that's the assumption with every post here.

I mean, what, should we all include "this is just my thought" with every single thing we say here? I thought the whole point here is to openly discuss cases for the expressed purpose of solving them?

For that, we need to express our opinions

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Hi FutzBucket,

Here at WS we discuss both theories/speculation and FACTS. So, as you are reading posts from others, you will see a lot of this :moo: or this MOO. That means "My Opinion Only."

We ask our posters to do this, so that everyone is clear when one is speculating versus talking about the facts.

If you have any questions about WS, please feel free to send a pm to a Mod. Summer_Breeze is usually here during the day/early evening and Bessie is here generally from evening until late night. But, if neither of them is online, you can pm any mod and they will get an answer for you.

Thanks,

Salem

I really don't think it is appropriate to sleuth a victims family. Please leave these folks alone.

^quoted for truth

stop stalking her family. don't poke around their restaurant. let them be! they are grieving!! :S

I really don't think it is appropriate to sleuth a victims family. Please leave these folks alone.

Gee, really didn't think anything of posting the links until you brought that up. Thought perhaps people were just curious about their names. . I would have to say it would be in the absolute poorest of taste to attempt to contact her family in any way. I never thought that someone would do that. I'll delete my original post.

I feel IMHO, the graffiti is a waste of time. MHO. :moo::moo::moo:

The other day I was googling up a storm and landed on a site about Crips gang tags being unique to each individual crips sector (for lack of a better term). I thought Crips were cribs. I didn't k ow there were various neighborhood mini gangs with their own hierarchy. Fascinating stuff. It was a long read but I could swear I stumbled upon "sumo" being a tag specific to one of the sectors. So the "Fecto" could be the street name of someone from the Sumo Crips. I'm going to search for the info again and see what I can find.

For now, that's all a hazy memory as the result of a late night googlefest. So please don't regard it as fact. Ill report back with what I find! :)

I think it would be the second one, where the first L is a play on "El" because her Chinese name is "Ke Er" (from Blue Can Children), so it should be KEL

Elisa is Cantonese so she won't be using the name "Ke Er" for sure as that's Mandarin. Her Cantonese name should be something along the lines of Ho Yee. There's no formal spelling/romanizing of Cantonese characters.

And if someone were standing even just a couple of feet away from her, but especially if they were down the hall, she wouldn't be able to see who it was. She could hear them of course, but she wouldn't be able to see.

The elevator area is quite small, or maybe it is the angle of the pic. Would she see only blurs when standing outside the door? This shot is the 15th floor but if you look at the fire evacuation map for the 14th floor there is no corridor to the left, only the fire escape. I would thank that if her eyesight were that far gone she would have brought her glasses. According to family/friends on FB Group page on finding EL, she did not take her glasses on this trip. Source: CBS Local interview with LAPD 2/13

Honestly, why would someone do that if she could not see without glasses or contacts? She did over nights on trains too and unless she had a very expensive sleeper car she would have been open to someone stealing her belongings or not being able to get up and move around safely without her contacts. Can you wear contact lenses 24/7? I don't use glasses, but just seems a little foolhardy on her part to travel alone and make yourself easy prey by announcing to people that you cannot see very well some of the time, IMHO. I don't think poor vision explains her behavior.

549163_3800144621274_1332848674_n.jpg

I found this pic along with several others an interesting FB Group page on investigating EL's death . I have yet to see these photos posted anywhere else. Scroll through the rest and see what you think.

EL FB Investigation Group (it is in Chinese)

^quoted for truth

stop stalking her family. don't poke around their restaurant. let them be! they are grieving!! :S

I've been meaning to go by there and just place flowers outside the restaurant as others have been doing. I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to do. When the Columbine shooting happened in Colorado, I knew lots of people who took flowers there or to other memorials. I just haven't gone by there yet because I was nursing a concussion all week.

Honestly, why would someone do that if she could not see without glasses or contacts? She did over nights on trains too and unless she had a very expensive sleeper car she would have been open to someone stealing her belongings or not being able to get up and move around safely without her contacts. Can you wear contact lenses 24/7? I don't use glasses, but just seems a little foolhardy on her part to travel alone and make yourself easy prey by announcing to people that you cannot see very well some of the time, IMHO. I don't think poor vision explains her behavior.

There are "night and day" contacts you can get that allow you to sleep with them in for up to a certain amount of time. I have them, but I almost never sleep with them in. I think taking contacts actually makes more sense because you can lose glasses a lot easier and you can bring extra contacts because they're so light.

I don't think poor vision explains her hopping around and doing the box step and peering out from the elevator...But I don't know why else she would look at the buttons so closely unless she was drugged or sleepwalking or something else was making her act oddly, and I don't want to talk about that anymore because I think that horse has been beaten. :aktion1:

Yes, I have seen it in the archives under Dec 31, but I saw the Hermit card screenshot with my own eyes when strangemercy posted it last nite with the Feb 25 date. Now there are no dates whatsoever on the nouveau page that shows the Hermit card. If something is simply being reblogged from another account by queuing, it can't change the settings on the nouveau account to reflect the date one minute and not the next. IMO, only someone with access to the account could change those settings to NOT reflect a date.

ETA: I now see that strangemercy was posting a pic of their own dashboard, not nouveau's. So is it the case that their dashboards can appear different according to unique settings within their own tumblr accounts?

strangemercy:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14oc040&s=6

nouveau:

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/44129845296

EDIT: jennydreadful already covered much of what I said (whoops!!) so I'll trim that out to make this thread easier to read. Sorry for the repetition, jennydreadful! :) Here's what the rest of my post said...

We have no way of telling when Elisa queued up that post. Tumblr doesn't store that info. It only stores the date when the original post (her friend's) was made, and the date it actually published on Elisa's Tumblr. I checked the date of the previous post (the one Elisa reblogged it from) as soon as it showed up, and it hasn't changed since then: Dec 31st.

Part of the reason we're having such a hard time parsing Tumblr is because it's made that way. It's built to be a constantly changing, anonymous platform, which is its strength (for users) but also its weakness (in cases of trying to track anyone's activity or motives).

The elevator area is quite small, or maybe it is the angle of the pic. Would she see only blurs when standing outside the door? This shot is the 15th floor but if you look at the fire evacuation map for the 14th floor there is no corridor to the left, only the fire escape. I would thank that if her eyesight were that far gone she would have brought her glasses. According to family/friends on FB Group page on finding EL, she did not take her glasses on this trip. Source: CBS Local interview with LAPD 2/13

549163_3800144621274_1332848674_n.jpg

I found this pic along with several others an interesting FB Group page on investigating EL's death . I have yet to see these photos posted anywhere else. Scroll through the rest and see what you think.

EL FB Investigation Group (it is in Chinese)

I saw this one there: https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/734956_10152608763865534_527208299_n.jpg

4 locks on the door, VERY SAFE hotel....VERY....

I've been meaning to go by there and just place flowers outside the restaurant as others have been doing. I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to do. When the Columbine shooting happened in Colorado, I knew lots of people who took flowers there or to other memorials. I just haven't gone by there yet because I was nursing a concussion all week.

While I think your gesture is touching, I'd just like to say that someone has to clean up those impromptu memorials. Chances are, it will be someone who is grieving. Please keep that in mind. I know up the road in Newtown they were BEGGING people to stop leaving things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85