CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has posted this info. but I found it on another forum and always browse websleuths but just got my email address to work. There is some really creepy coincidences in this case. People in the Chinese community have been posting info linking a guy that was at the Cecil she was there to see. Guy is in some satanic type band called Morbid DoD. This is the guy she was writing about on her tumblr about the guy with the tattoos. She went to sand diego to see him in concert, and he is familiar with the cecil hotel, he is obsessed by the black Dhalia and frenquently goes on the rooftop
here is a link I cant read Chinese but in the other forum I frequent someone had a translation. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2181289472
https://www.beeweb.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=50530
http://www.mitbbs.com/article_t/Military/39235145.html

Here is the link to the forum I got this info from
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread927981/pg8
Has better info

Thanks that's awesome you found this

I hope this leads to something and the Chinese, god bless them, are really trying to get to the bottom of this case and solve it

I hope this is'nt some crackpot blogger trying to make some "internet fame" by making fantastical statements

Keep up the good work, good job Jasink !!

Thanks that's awesome you found this

I hope this leads to something and the Chinese, god bless them, are really trying to get to the bottom of this case and solve it

I hope this is'nt some crackpot blogger trying to make some "internet fame" by making fantastical statements

Keep up the good work, good job Jasink !!
I don´t think that guy has nothing to do with it. I have also been reading those chinese pages on that forum. This is what he said:
"Well apparently some strange coincidences are making people believe that I murdered a girl namned Elisa Lam. Last year I posted a video while chilling at the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles. Apparently some time after I was there someone killed a girl in that same place (you can find the video on my channel)." and "I posted this music video preview [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkFpDnfesY"]YouTube[/ame] of my band Slitwrist where a girl appears to be dead, and now people are playing Detective and trying to tie me into a murder case..."

Is it possible to open the elevator door on the 14th while the elevator is on the 12th?(something like this) So the body could be placed on top of the elevator instead of inside?

Now, that is a really interesting plot...

And there are some posters here who doubt that the girl in the video was really Elisa. Suppose it was an accomplice wearing her clothes and contriving an act to mask the real intention of holding up the elevator?

This is veering into Hollywood territory. Just being very imaginative here so please don't start firing at me for speculating without basis. :)

Also no disrespect intended for I truly believe LAPD and the family had carefully verified it was her before releasing the video.

Anybody who speaks cantonese? I was listen to this short story at OMNI BC Cantonese News - if you go down the list at ELISA LAM-2013FEB26:
http://www.omnibc.ca/news/index.php?language=5

They try to talk to Elisa´s father but he refuse to make any comments I guess:
http://imageshack.us/a/img268/968/skrmavbild20130305kl050.png

Translation: The LA Coroner says they are releasing EL's body to her family*. The Lam family have returned to Vancouver from LA. Our reporter went to Lams' residence in Burnaby and EL's father answered the door.He said he has no comments to offer at current stage.And the nearby restaurant run by EL's parents, remains closed today. Quite some people put flowers and cards in front of the door of the restaurant, as a way to send their condolence and blessings to the Lam family. The LAPD says the case is still under investigation, and there's no new development for now. The local (LA) Coroner reiterates that the toxicology results will not be available until 6-8 weeks later. EL's funeral is scheduled on Mar.9 (next Saturday) at a funeral home in Vancouver.

*Not 100% sure about the 1st sentence as there are two words that don't sound 100% clear to me- :innocent:

And there are some posters here who doubt that the girl in the video was really Elisa.

Like a lot of things with people, some people are good at something and some are really, really bad. Some people are especially untalented at recognizing other people.

Sort of the same thing:

My boyfriend can't recognize plants. No kidding. Four years living surrounded by poison ivy and he still can't recognize it. He can't recognize any plant in our yard--not one. I have described to him the identifying characteristics of specific plants to him in detail while we crouched looking at them on multiple occasions and he still can't tell them apart. We have sat weeding a certain section--only weeding one specific plant so there isn't much for him to remember about what we are weeding--and he can't tell if that is the plant he is pulling. I have to section off a tiny area that only has that weed (like foot by a foot) and just tell him pull all those because otherwise, he will pull the wrong thing.

I just don't get why he can't tell the plants apart. They don't look alike. Same with the Elisa Lam video. It is clearly her. I don't get how people can't recognize her.

This is the guy she was writing about on her tumblr about the guy with the tattoos. She went to sand diego to see him in concert, and he is familiar with the cecil hotel, he is obsessed by the black Dhalia and frenquently goes on the rooftop

There is a huge amount of paranoid garbage in the thread you linked to. My favorite thing continues to be the fact that people actually believe that the connection between her name and the TB test means CONSPIRACY!

Is thee any evidence for these claims you make? I sure haven't seen it.

I think she wasn't alive long for several reasons. One, that is the normal pattern in abduction cases. But more importantly, it would have been dangerous and inconvenient to keep a living person trapped for long in a situation where you do not have total privacy of your surroundings.

The killer may have had more control over the privacy of their surroundings than you're presuming, a high-ranking staff member for example. But I do agree that it would be dangerous for them to keep someone alive who was a "missing person" -- presuming they knew she was a "missing person".

Keeping her alive for a period of time, fits the pattern for "anger/excitation-rape/murder".

The killer may have had more control over the privacy of their surroundings than you're presuming, a high-ranking staff member for example. But I do agree that it would be dangerous for them to keep someone alive who was a "missing person" -- presuming they knew she was a "missing person".

In the end, there is only so much assured privacy in a hotel even for a hotel owner or manager.

Keeping her alive for a period of time, fits the pattern for "anger/excitation-rape/murder".

Not aware of this.

Geez, finally after somehow stumbling upon this sight weeks ago I have now signed up as a member.
I enjoy reading all the posts more than I ever would really voicing many of my thoughts about possibilities. However I do wanna just mention a few things that have been on my mind.
I live in Los Angeles (I know big cities I'm from Chicago) and downtown Los Angeles no matter how many artsy people move down there and how many lofts they over charge for etc ect, it's still super sketchy. My husband and I have a event we do down there once a month which is when Art Walk happens. Art Walk is a pretty huge event that draws thousands of people there on the second Thursday of every month. So I know the area very well. Art Walk even takes place in some of the old hotels lobbies and such. Not the Cecil though and is all within blocks of the Cecil. I've driven past and seen the memorial outside of The Cecil (or to the side of) as well, just out of curiosity and hopes that this gets solved. No way am I walking into that hotel. I watch too many crime shows and actually am intrigued by situations that are usually frightening and bizarre. Not in a wierd way but more of a way of wanting to know what makes people the way some of them are. I also worked in a mental health facility with patients coming straight to us after being 51/50'd. I've seen many not mentally sound clients and really odd behaviors. When I first watched the video sadly I already knew they discovered Elisa's Body. So as I watched it, I watched it closely and it really creeped me out. I've had many friends who have had mental problems, drug addictions, and trauma throughout their lives. And still it was really strange. Sure we all do strange things when we are alone and nobody is around, but for me I would also be very aware there was a camera above my head. I'm pretty street smart I'd like to think, and I assume even if Elisa wasn't which she very well may have been, I'd think at least once she would look and see there was a camera if not the time we see her in the elevator video, then another time.
I decided to show the video to my friend without telling her anything other than this girl is missing and what do you feel like this shows and its at The Cecil. Immediately my friends says "are you kidding me? That hotel is nothing but a crack house, and it seems to me she's high on crack. And trust me you can get very lost for a very longtime down there in those hotels". I then explain the whole case thus far and we agree it is possible she met up with some lousy people and got high, it's also possible she was drugged, and its least possible she would drown herself.
What about if she was hanging out on top of the loft elevator type building thing and was killed there, or overdosed with someone and they then put her body into the tank. Wouldn't that be pretty simple? I mean it would have been the highest view from on top of The Cecil as well.
Alright that's it from me. And I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts even the ones I least agree with.
I don't see a mentally ill person so much as I do behavior that seems like maybe she's speaking to someone about going up there and afraid of the water tanks and counting the steps on a ladder she would have to climb to get to the too of it. Sorry for any typos I'm using my phone rather than computer at this time.

Re: that musician that keeps coming up, it's like a child's game of telephone/whispers... She makes a comment in her Tumblr about liking a guy who has a tattoo on his wrist, and that has somehow evolved into "heavily tattooed." She likes a guy who plays double bass, and that becomes "bass guitar" (not the same thing), which becomes "she was a groupie for his band." And so on. We even had discussion in one of these WS threads awhile back where we found a Tumblr post saying she had told the guy she liked that she liked him, and he didn't like her back, and that was the end of it, before she went to CA -- so it was nothing even related to her trip.

This is where I really agree that her Tumblr is a massive red herring. People are taking it and running with it in ways that are so far removed from the original, but referring to it as fact. This is especially true in news stories that have taken quotes out of context and translated into another language, and then folks translate back into English using web translation (therefore the phrases are twice removed from their original wording).

Not saying this to be grumpy or anything :), but rather as a reminder that Internet rumours are getting out of control for this case, and it's important to stick to the facts rather than use those rumours to try to draw connections.

I think Fei’s question is worthy of consideration. I’m not sure we should so quickly discount the elevator as a means of transporting the body to the rooftop until we’ve explored it further.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

The loft/attic was made 2 stories high for a reason. From the Chinese investigators’ observations, the second story was locked. We don’t know whether or not the top of the elevator cage or the full cage becomes accessible from that upper loft.

There are articles on the web wrt forcing open elevator doors. Some of them indicate more modern S&R or firefighting methods (i.e. using air bags), and others indicate that doors can be manually forced open. Where doors are forced open, there are references to resulting “interlock” damage being easily repaired.

In the following scenario I’ve avoided including Floor 14 due to the confusion with there being and not being a Floor 13 :) . So, if only the top of the elevator cage was accessible from the upper loft, and a body was on i.e. Floor 10 and the elevator was stopped by someone at Floor 9, is it possible that someone, with or without elevator knowledge, could hold the elevator at Floor 9 while a person on Floor 10 manually forced the doors open to place the body on the top of the elevator cage? OR, if the full elevator cage is accessible from the upper loft, there isn’t even a need to have such an elaborate scenario of holding the elevator, forcing doors.

WRT the surveillance camera in the elevator, someone with access to the controls could have temporarily disabled it, or there might be an indication elsewhere on tape of someone disguising themselves in order to cover the camera.

We did note what appeared to be black plastic bags in the recovery photos, and the Chinese investigators noted black plastic bags inside the lower loft. Granted, unlikely they would be the same bags, considering wind conditions and length of time between a body going into the water tank vs when the body was discovered.

IMO, given dogs not tracking onto the rooftop, the difficulties we’ve discussed wrt carrying a body to that location, etc .. this possible scenario merits further consideration.

---------

Wasn't there a post a few threads back from someone who stayed at the Cecil and noticed someone appeared to either be partying or squatting in that elevator maintenance room/attic at the time of his/her visit?

What about if she was hanging out on top of the loft elevator type building thing and was killed there, or overdosed with someone and they then put her body into the tank. Wouldn't that be pretty simple? I mean it would have been the highest view from on top of The Cecil as well.

We agree.

If it was accidental death/murder, I think it happened up there at the water tanks.

<snip>

I've been through the lambetes Twitter tweets and have not seen one RIP message there. I have been through numerous of her "followers" tweets and have yet to see any RIP messages there (although I have a few left to check .. just haven't had time to do all 54).

Please provide a specific date on the lambetes twitter account where you see an RIP and some verifiable information.

The tweets are no longer searchable by "lambetes" because they are more than a week old.

https://twitter.com/finalfashion/status/304690064980586496

In the comment section of the link below a person who describes herself as a medium describes a scenario and claims contact with EL. I post the link so you guys can see for yourself, not because I necessarily believe her claims to be true but because she paints a plausible explanation for how EL might have ended up in the cistern. The comment is the very first one following the article.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2013/02/19/36022/body-found-in-water-tank-of-hotel-where-canadian-t/
Yes, I was reading that too some days ago. I believe that everything can be useful in this case...even a medium. And Yes, I am aware of that 98 percent of all these medium are making erroneous ideas. But we had one here in Sweden - she is gone by now - and she was really good. And there was an elder man in Norway who had some amazing ability.

I've been following this story from the beginning, and participating in this forum and others.

I have not seen one credible statement that Elisa Lam left her glasses in Vancouver or at home.

Interesting, I have not seen one credible statement that EL had been diagnosed with a mental health disorder requiring 5 different psychotropic drugs, but no one is here has presented their license to practice psychiatry.

Really?!? What else does this mean? She lost them or she was not wearing them when last seen. Then why are they not more specific? Further, Sillybilly backs this with EL's sister's Twitter account of EL with "NO GLASSES"

According to the Facebook page &#8220;Find Elisa Lam,&#8221; the Vancouver native does not have her glasses with her.

from http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/13/lapd-hoping-new-video-will-lead-to-missing-canadian-woman/

So are we splitting hairs over my slight over statement on the location of her glasses or the weak FB source, or both? Can we move on now?

<modsnip>Yes, even news reports do not always get their facts straight, but until the toxicology report or further info from the police and family it is the most objective and authoritative info we have.

Yes, I was reading that too some days ago. I believe that everything can be useful in this case...even a medium. And Yes, I am aware of that 98 percent of all these medium are making erroneous ideas. But we had one here in Sweden - she is gone by now - and she was really good. And there was an elder man in Norway who had some amazing ability.

Off topic; do you mean Snaasamannen? (Snåsamannen)

Anyone who read chinese and can make quicker answer out of this photograph:
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/8496/skrmavbild20130302kl060.png

It is here on this site: http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-free-3077181-48.shtml

I know it has been up as a comment before but I can´t find the real background about it. It was connected in this picture: http://imageshack.us/a/img208/5169/skrmavbild20130302kl040.png

The photo was pulled from Elisa's Tumblr. It was an original post by her in December, and the shirt she's wearing under the jacket matches the one in photographs released by LAPD. So it's probably a self-portrait. Then again, if you're not convinced the Tumblr is hers, I guess it's another Chinese mystery to solve.

As for the "connection" picture, the shirt part is obvious, and makes sense when you know the picture was posted by Elisa to her Tumblr (which anyone who has read this thread from the beginning knows to be fact.) The top picture was also addressed in an earlier post, and the whole thing is apparently a joke making fun of another poster who posted a picture at their laptop depicting the start of their "investigation" into Elisa's death. The similar-looking watch was used to "link" the "investigator" to Elisa's murder.

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/37526769464/this-is-usually-how-i-look-when-i-walk-at-night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro