GUILTY CA - Caren Ramirez & 3 others for imprisonment, torture of 16yo boy, Tracy, 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. It is a very high risk population for child predators. They tend to insert themselves where they are the authority figures. Predators can be male or female.

People were seeing this boy outside and commenting on his emaciated looks plus asking questions of why he wasn't in school etc. It is so disgusting to me that someone didn't call and report it. They didn't need to be inside the house to know that something was wrong with the situation!!

Is the boy's first name Kyle?

This is such a horrific story that hopefully it will bring much needed changes and added protections to the foster system.

Is the boy's first name Kyle?
Yes, I think so. Now they are saying Caren is not a blood relative, so we don't know what race the boy is.

Yes, I think so. Now they are saying Caren is not a blood relative, so we don't know what race the boy is.

The boy's name is Kyle, and he has a 13-year-old brother named Austin. I don't know the status of Austin or what happened to him when Kyle went into the group home. Austin was also abused by Ramirez.

Nancy Grace got it wrong, today's newspaper said he is still hospitalized. "He was hospitalized in Tracy in critical condition and was transferred Wednesday to a medical facility in Sacramento County, where he is in protective custody." You don't go from critical care to foster care in such a short period of time. I'll get the article, it's a local story- front page headlines here.
Torture suspect had history of abusing Tracy boy, other children, court records say
By Steven Harmon and Mike Martinez Staff Writers
Posted: 12/03/2008 09:37:00 AM PST
SACRAMENTO — The guardian of the 17-year-old boy police say was tortured and abused for the past year in Tracy had previously been arrested on suspicion of beating him with martial arts sticks, a spatula, a broomstick and a clothes hanger in Sacramento County, court documents show.
A previously sealed probation report from Sacramento County Superior Court details alleged abuses committed by Caren Ramirez, 43, who was arrested Tuesday night in Berkeley in connection with the case.
Ramirez had been previously identified as the boy's aunt, but police said late Wednesday that Ramirez is not a blood relation but had been granted custody of the boy by his mother before her death. more at link:http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_11128173

The police spokesperson at the presser yesterday said that the boy was now out of the hospital and in the custody of CPS. That's probably where NG got the idea he was back in foster care.

Was this a long time ago? Because they're doing the checks now, both the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts....my son even had to attend an abuse awareness training to convert from Cub Scout to Boy Scout.... I doubt the adult leaders are ever allowed to be alone with a scout and there are always parent volunteers around.

Yes, they did a background check, and, yes, she passed.

Lau had been a Girl Scout troop leader since September after passing a criminal background check, reference check and attending two training sessions, said Pam Saltenberger, chief executive officer of Girl Scouts Heart of Central California.

"It came as much of a shock to us yesterday as it did to everybody else," Saltenberger said. The troop of kindergarten-aged girls, which included Lau's daughter, met at a Girl Scouts hut, not at her home.

Saltenberger said there had been no reported problems or incidents with the troop. Lau's troop leader status was withdrawn once the allegations became public Tuesday.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-captive4-2008dec04,0,3276998.story?page=2

Of course they (GS) are going to make sure their @sses are covered on this one!

ETA: I figured out the ages now from the article. Thanks~

Of course they (GS) are going to make sure their @sses are covered on this one!

I would have to assume they are actively now searching for Austin, the 13yo. Have we found anything on him in the missing children networks?

I don't know that Austin has ever been missing. He may be in a foster home.

ETA: Or . . .

The boy's name is Kyle, and he has a 13-year-old brother named Austin. I don't know the status of Austin or what happened to him when Kyle went into the group home. Austin was also abused by Ramirez.

Thanks my dear. Can you point me to where you found this info please? It's important.

Thanks,
Tricia

Thanks for the info everyone.

Sheriff's deputies responded to two separate calls to Ramirez's Citrus Heights home in an eight-month period from late 2005 to May 2006, in which her 16-year-old stepson, identified in court records as Austin, and the boy known as her nephew, Kyle, reported being beaten by her.

Kyle, the boy discovered in Tracy, had been abused by his father and placed in the care of Ramirez by Children's Protective Services in Sacramento County, said Matt Robinson, a spokesman for the city of Tracy.

~snip~

Ramirez's then-21-year-old daughter, Christina Sanchez, made the call to the Sheriff's Office reporting the abuses.

Kyle "indicated the defendant gets angry at times and takes her anger out on him," the probation report said.

Eight months earlier, in September 2005, Ramirez's stepson, identified in court documents as 16-year-old Austin, told sheriff's deputies that Ramirez had repeatedly hit him with a martial arts stick in the head and chest.

Austin said that Ramirez told him, "I'm going to (expletive) you up." He said she told him to get on his knees and said, "I heard you're talking (expletive), saying I'm not your mom," then struck him with a martial arts stick and struck him on the head five times as the boy cried and tried to block the blows with his hands.

According to the report, earlier that day, Ramirez had demanded the boy "panhandle" for her, and when he returned with $9, she became upset and started hitting him because he didn't get enough money.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_11128173

Austin would be probably 19 yo now.

Was this a long time ago? Because they're doing the checks now, both the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts....my son even had to attend an abuse awareness training to convert from Cub Scout to Boy Scout.... I doubt the adult leaders are ever allowed to be alone with a scout and there are always parent volunteers around.

Good point...this was about 9 years ago. I strongly agree they should do background checks. There was a local Boy Scout leader in my area that abused at least 20 boys before getting caught.

I really feel so sorry for this child. Hopefully he can get the help he needs to lead a normal adult life.

All it would have taken was someone to look through her home to find an emaciated boy sleeping on her laundry room floor.

My son is in Boy Scouts. The leader is a mother of one of the kids in class, and the father of another boy (I know them both well.) Who is going to "look through their home?" Who is authorized by the Scouts to do home checks?

I understand that in a perfect world, every person who volunteered would be scrutinized, have home visits, background checks, all the way back to childhood. But I can't believe that some don't find it cumbersome and expensive to expect that "someone" should be checking every home of every leader/volunteer in schools, scouts, etc. It isn't realistic.

Someone stated that we don't really know yet if the couple had a criminal record.....I disagree. I think that we'd have heard that almost immediately, if not from LE or the media, certainly from all the cybersleuths we have here, and elsewhere.

Kyle "indicated the defendant gets angry at times and takes her anger out on him," the probation report said.

Eight months earlier, in September 2005, Ramirez's stepson, identified in court documents as 16-year-old Austin, told sheriff's deputies that Ramirez had repeatedly hit him with a martial arts stick in the head and chest.

Lord, have mercy.

I posted earlier (but didnt have a link) that the lady in the gym said he had blue eyes and was caucasian. I think it might be on the Nancy Grace transcripts.

Wouldn't a child predator volunteer for such a job? I think that's the highest risk population. This woman who was keeping this child in her laundry room was a child predator, with children of her own. And she was volunteering with the Girl Scouts. All it would have taken was someone to look through her home to find an emaciated boy sleeping on her laundry room floor.

Leaders are recruited from moms of the school population...are you now painting all Girl Scout leaders as child predators? The moms of the other scouts should have checked out this leader and spent time with her children to get more information. The Girl Scout organization is not to blame here.:sick:

And, yes, I have been inside my Girl Scout leader's house (no dead bodies or chained up teenagers) and perform home visits prior to play dates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99
Back