CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sep. 22, 2023 • 6:00am

Nima Momeni’s attorneys are again asking a San Francisco judge to release the man who has been charged with murder in the fatal stabbing of tech executive Bob Lee.

Prosecutors allege that Nima Momeni took Lee to a secluded street under the Bay Bridge in the early morning hours of April 4 and stabbed him twice, which resulted in his death hours later in a hospital. [...]

Momeni, who remains jailed in San Francisco without bail, is set to appear in court Oct. 2 for the beginning of his trial.

Thank you for that, @arielilane. You're the best at keeping up with so many cases.

It seems that the defendant Momeni would really, really like to get out of jail, but $250,000 is all he's willing to pay (plus passport surrender, no drugs or alcohol, and an ankle monitor). The defense seems to be suggesting that while Momeni did it, that it was not premeditated and was during an angry talk about the recent interactions between Momeni's sister (who, it says, was found partly unclothed and ranting in the apartment building of a drug dealing friend of Lee's, so Momeni was blaming Lee for that?)

What a strange defense. Sounds like Momeni wants the charges changed to second degree murder, which could enable Momeni to plea bargain for an even lower charge, such as voluntary manslaughter.

The article/lawyer text makes it sound like Momeni did not flee the scene of the stabbing (but he did, he wasn't still there when help came, he offered no aid, etc). The only way in which Momeni did not flee, is that he didn't flee the state or the nation after the murder.

Can't wait to see what happens next in this one.

The upcoming trial of Nima Momeni, accused of the murder of tech exec Bob Lee, may reveal more about who was with Lee in the last hours of his life and bring Momeni's sister, her husband, and Lee's alleged drug dealer to the stand.

Oct. 02, 2023 • 5:00am

The man who allegedly killed Cash App founder Bob Lee is set to appear in San Francisco court Monday for a hearing on his potential release on bail. While Nima Momeni’s trial remains months off, according to his legal team, his lawyer provided new details of how the case might unfold.

Last edited:
NM's attorneys will argue for his bail this afternoon, apparently, and argue that Bob Lee was extremely high on cocaine and therefore "wasn't himself" when the altercation took place between him and NM, and so somehow this justifies NM's bail release today until trial, since NM isn't a dangerous to the public.

There has been no preliminary hearing yet, so I hope the judge rules against the bail release, since the defense and prosecution have not had a change to present this evidence and their witnesses to establish any of this as fact. NM should remain locked up until this happens, it would be outrageous for him to be released today just on the basis of his attorneys' narrative about what happened that night, and blaming Bob Lee for his own death. JMO.

I also wouldn't trust the testimony of the sister who I believe would say and do anything to get her brother out of jail and keep him from being held accountable for this crime. She has stated herself that she and her brother are extremely close, and he is facing charges of murder. I hope the prosecution makes it abundantly clear when/if she testifies.

Shameful that they are going to go the route of blaming the victim for his own death by stabbing/murder. And they appear to be aware now that Bob Lee is a well-liked and respected member of the San Fran community and so are saying things like "he wasn't himself" , etc. so as not to appear to be blaming Bob Lee but the cocaine, but we all know that NM stabbed to death Bob Lee.

All JMO.

Last edited:
In a post on X from 4 hrs ago: Bob Lee's family was present, for anyone curious (like me).

I suspect they're present for the afternoon hearing too.

Nima Momeni's attorneys and family appeared in SF court (as did Bob Lee's family) this morning only to be told they must return this afternoon to hear a judge's ruling on a motion for Momeni's release on bail.

bbm

Nima Momeni, the man accused of stabbing CashApp founder Bob Lee to death, was denied bail today. Prosecutor Omid Talai said in court that members of Momeni's own family had called him a "lunatic" and "psychotic."

OCTOBER 2, 2023

Zangeneh declined to answer whether he would try again to have Momeni released.

Momeni is expected to appear in court again on Oct. 25 to set a date for trial.

Bob Lee's alleged killer Nima Momeni, called 'lunatic & psychotic' by family, denied bail request for a second time.

Published Oct. 02, 2023 • 4:30pm

A request by Nima Momeni’s attorneys for his release on bail was denied by a San Francisco judge Monday, which means tech executive Bob Lee’s alleged killer will remain in jail for the duration of his coming trial.

“I’m going to deny the motion,” Judge Bruce Chan said.

Prosecutor Omid Talai argued in court that the release of a defendant in a murder trial would endanger the public.

Talai said that even his family called him a “lunatic and psychotic,” according to Momeni’s cell phone records extracted from police.

More from same article posted above:

Really? Laughable if a homicide hadn't occurred. moo

[...]
Momeni’s attorney said in court that even if one believes the prosecution’s version of events, it appears that his client was “not good at committing murder.”

For one thing, Zangeneh said, Lee walked away with a cell phone in hand, which no premeditated murderer would let happen.

[...] Momeni is next set to appear in court on Oct. 25.

Nima Momeni was in court today where a trial date was supposed to be set in the Bob Lee murder case. That was put over. Meantime, Momeni’s mom briefly answered a question for the first time. I asked her about the heart she makes with her hands to her son at every court appearance

Outside court, one of Momeni’s attorneys, Tony Brass, suggested that the government has obtained evidence in the Bob Lee murder case that should not be in prosecutors’ possession. He would not say what evidence.

Also some discussion today about Momeni’s car, which Bob Lee was in the night of his murder. The car was supposed to be released with impound lot fees waived but that hasn’t happened.

The suspects sister was arrested for DUI. Interesting because her substance use seemed to be a motive for Bob's murder.

Will she have to take off her designer sunglasses for a mugshot? She can't hide her face forever, even though she has been doing her best to do so.

But of course her wealth through marriage will mean that she is bailed out and given the best legal representation afforded.

Will she have to take off her designer sunglasses for a mugshot? She can't hide her face forever, even though she has been doing her best to do so.

But of course her wealth through marriage will mean that she is bailed out and given the best legal representation afforded.
And her refusal to speak w/LE after Bob Lee was killed.

Assistant District Attorney Omid Talai asked Sgt. Dittmer on cross-examination:

Q: “(Momeni’s) sister, Khazar, refused to be interviewed by you?”

A: “Correct.”

Q: “Did you knock on her door and try to have a conversation with her? Were you wearing a scary uniform, or a suit and tie like you are now?”

A: “I was wearing a suit and tie. She wanted to speak to her lawyer and refused to speak to me about the case.”

Nima Momeni to stand trial for murder of Bob Lee, judge rules

Updated: Aug 1, 2023 / 10:12 PM PDT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen