CA - Cash App Creator, Bob Lee, Stabbed to Death, San Francisco, Apr 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The court-approved sketch artist drew it some other way, though. Bizarre. It shows him giving the heart signal to his sister and one other person (his mom?)

At any rate, here is the court approved schema of what happened: (Source is: Tech exec Nima Momeni formally charged with murder in slaying of Cash App founder Bob Lee).

The judge would not allow the sketch artist (photography and film banned of course) to show the sister and the other person in anything other than profile, nor could the artist show the actual features of the suspect's face. We have a Whole New World of court doings in SF, IMO.

View attachment 414991
Sourcing I have seen describe the restriction as limited to the suspect and excludes the family. Suspect was to be drawn only in silhouette.

Last edited:
I’ve tried to make sense of falling asleep immediately after someone arrives at my house. She said, “for a second”, not even one minute. I can only take it as an expression, not an accurate timeline.
Jmo
View attachment 414989
https://www.kron4.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2023/04/Momeni-court-documents-1.pdf

If Nima was also at her condo when Lee arrived, then it is possible that the sister left them to their discussion/interaction and fell asleep and didn't know when Lee left.

69846143-11973831-Momeni_depicted_in_a_court_sketch_today_His_sister_was_in_the_co-a-33_1681520546277.jpg
Here's another Reuters court room sketch featured in the Daily Mail.

69846143-11973831-Momeni_depicted_in_a_court_sketch_today_His_sister_was_in_the_co-a-33_1681520546277.jpg
Here's another Reuters court room sketch featured in the Daily Mail.

Court sketches of profiles and a featureless face are supplemented by the Daily Mail gallery which includes what appears to be some professional photos of the sister and her husband and a video of them arriving to court looking like movie stars imo
B07710E4-F941-46D8-BDC6-A270FEA54A96.jpeg

Brother grilled Bob Lee about relationship with sister before stabbing

New information has emerged about Nima Momeni, the suspect who has been charged with murder in the killing of Cash App founder Bob Lee.

There are other MSM articles that report that UC Berkeley stated that they have no record of Nima Momeni graduating from the university. Also, people interviewed who knew of his office space said that he seemed not to have any employees, the company was Nima, pretty much alone.

So I do have to wonder where he got the money to afford the space he rented, both to live and the space where his office was located. Maybe this explains his close relationship with his sister, just my opinion and speculating.

Sourcing I have seen describe the restriction as limited to the suspect and excludes the family. Suspect was to be drawn only in silhouette.

The picture I posted does not have the defendant in profile, just the family members. The defendant is presented frontally, but colored an alien gray color without features. So I suppose it was "in profile" or "featureless." There's another picture of the defendant (on Reuters) where he too is in profile.

I cannot find any longer, the reporting about the judge's direction about this - which is odd, because I still have open the article from which I got the picture and info (or thought I did).

If you get a chance (don't go out of your way) to share your source, I'd keep it in my notes on this case. It's such a bizarre case, so rapidly unfolding and with an arrest and arraignment so rapidly made.

IMO.

The picture I posted does not have the defendant in profile, just the family members. The defendant is presented frontally, but colored an alien gray color without features. So I suppose it was "in profile" or "featureless." There's another picture of the defendant (on Reuters) where he too is in profile.

I cannot find any longer, the reporting about the judge's direction about this - which is odd, because I still have open the article from which I got the picture and info (or thought I did).

If you get a chance (don't go out of your way) to share your source, I'd keep it in my notes on this case. It's such a bizarre case, so rapidly unfolding and with an arrest and arraignment so rapidly made.

IMO.
Here’s an article that references it, as well as a screenshot of the relevant text in the article.

Attachments

• 54B832E4-B77E-4361-A3C3-0DE6AA75A22E.jpeg
    54B832E4-B77E-4361-A3C3-0DE6AA75A22E.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 3
So, not the first time she has met up with another man according to this article, and the brother clearly facilitates the meet ups, hmm...

At the very end of the article:

A man interviewed by The Standard described matching with Khazar Momeni on a dating app in 2019. He said he later met up with her and her brother at a bar and eventually visited her home.

“They were very nice, super social people,” he said.

He said he was flabbergasted to hear Nima Momeni was charged in the killing of Lee.

“I’m shocked because he was such a nice guy.”

Last edited:
So, not the first time she has met up with another man according to this article, and the brother clearly facilitates the meet ups, hmm...

At the very end of the article:

A man interviewed by The Standard described matching with Khazar Momeni on a dating app in 2019. He said he later met up with her and her brother at a bar and eventually visited her home.

“They were very nice, super social people,” he said.

He said he was flabbergasted to hear Nima Momeni was charged in the killing of Lee.

“I’m shocked because he was such a nice guy.”

She was married in 2013 so maybe she was in an open relationship or separated at that time?

There are other MSM articles that report that UC Berkeley stated that they have no record of Nima Momeni graduating from the university. Also, people interviewed who knew of his office space said that he seemed not to have any employees, the company was Nima, pretty much alone.

So I do have to wonder where he got the money to afford the space he rented, both to live and the space where his office was located. Maybe this explains his close relationship with his sister, just my opinion and speculating.
I think it’s likely his start-up was funded by venture capitalists.
Even JP Morgan was defrauded for $175 million recently by a start-up, “Frank”, that created bogus accounts to make it look like it had a larger customer base, the SEC has filed a fraud case.
I’m not suggesting his company was fraudulent only that it’s easy enough.
The money thrown at tech start ups is astronomical and with little oversight.
His start up salary likely legitimately funds a lavish lifestyle and his home/office in Emeryville. Jmo

Edited to add: many tech employees work from home, not having traffic to his home/office doesn’t mean he doesn’t have employees and a viable business.

The End of Faking It in Silicon Valley
BBM

Between 2012 and 2021, funding to tech start-ups in the United States jumped eightfold to $344 billion, according to PitchBook, which tracks start-ups.

In the past, the venture capital investors who backed start-ups were reluctant to pursue legal action when they were duped. The companies were small, with few assets to recover, and going after a founder would hurt the investors’ reputations.

IRL, a messaging app that investors valued at $1 billion, is being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for allegedly misleading investors about how many users it had, according to reporting from The Information.
Rumby, a laundry delivery start-up in Ohio, allegedly fabricated a story of financial success to secure funding, which its founder used to buy himself a $1.7 million home, according to a lawsuit from one of its investors.

Start-ups have many of the conditions most associated with fraud, Mr. Dyck said. They tend to employ novel business models, their founders often have significant control and their backers do not always enforce strict oversight. It is a situation that’s ripe for bending the rules

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post stated facts but included no link>
Maybe they met on a dating app, but I am more inclined to think that they met as part of a similar social circle, not necessarily tech-related circle, but a wider circle of wealthy professionals who attend varous social events in San Francisco. Her husband is an extremely prominent plastic surgeon and would have an expansive social network, and through marriage, so would she. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s likely his start-up was funded by venture capitalists.
Even JP Morgan was defrauded for $175 million recently by a start-up, “Frank”, that created bogus accounts to make it look like it had a larger customer base, the SEC has filed a fraud case.
I’m not suggesting his company was fraudulent only that it’s easy enough.
The money thrown at tech start ups is astronomical and with little oversight.
His start up salary likely legitimately funds a lavish lifestyle and his home/office in Emeryville. Jmo

Edited to add: many tech employees work from home, not having traffic to his home/office doesn’t mean he doesn’t have employees and a viable business.

The End of Faking It in Silicon Valley
BBM

Between 2012 and 2021, funding to tech start-ups in the United States jumped eightfold to $344 billion, according to PitchBook, which tracks start-ups.

In the past, the venture capital investors who backed start-ups were reluctant to pursue legal action when they were duped. The companies were small, with few assets to recover, and going after a founder would hurt the investors’ reputations.

IRL, a messaging app that investors valued at $1 billion, is being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for allegedly misleading investors about how many users it had, according to reporting from The Information.
Rumby, a laundry delivery start-up in Ohio, allegedly fabricated a story of financial success to secure funding, which its founder used to buy himself a $1.7 million home, according to a lawsuit from one of its investors.

Start-ups have many of the conditions most associated with fraud, Mr. Dyck said. They tend to employ novel business models, their founders often have significant control and their backers do not always enforce strict oversight. It is a situation that’s ripe for bending the rules
His company seemed to be a small IT support shop with few employees. Google reviews ranged from a senior citizen praising him for helping with her personal computer issues to professionals praising him and his team for providing troubleshooting and/or upgrading services at their workplaces.

Maybe they met on a dating app, but I am more inclined to think that they met as part of a similar social circle, not necessarily tech-related circle, but a wider circle of wealthy professionals who attend varous social events in San Francisco. Her husband is an extremely prominent plastic surgeon and would have an expansive social network, and through marriage, so would she. JMO.
Very possible. Dating app also possible since they lived in close proximity (3 miles) in 2019, Bob was no longer living with his ex at that time, someone else was quoted as matching with her (Nima’s sister) on dating apps in 2019, and Bob’s friend was introduced to her through Bob 3-4 years ago. Just speculating; don’t know how they met.

However, I’ll add that “The League” app in particular is meant to connect high earners and high net worth people with one another. Regardless of whether Bob and/or the woman in question ran in the same circles, The League is meant to facilitate introductions to others in that realm who may not already be connected socially. However, I’ll reiterate that while he shared he was using that app about a year ago, he might not have been using it (or any other app) in 2019 and they absolutely might have met some other way.

Last edited:
His company seemed to be a small IT support shop with few employees. Google reviews ranged from a senior citizen praising him for helping with her personal computer issues to professionals praising him and his team for providing troubleshooting and/or upgrading services at their workplaces.
Yes, I thought his business was relatively new but he’s been in business 13 years and even if he didn’t graduate from Berkeley, he’s not the first tech entrepreneur who didn’t graduate.
Obviously I’m not privy to his finances but I know that he obtained experience working as an IT consultant and systems engineer before starting his company.
His loft in Emeryville (a converted 1917 warehouse) is reasonably priced on todays market at $575,000-$650,000 (none for sale presently) but if he bought it 10 years ago it was probably in the $300,000 range, all are prices not extravagant by Bay Area standards and well within his means. Jmo
I’ve spent a good deal of time house sitting for a friend in Emeryville who travels for her job. She bought a similar loft style condo converted from an old warehouse about 10 years ago when they were a deal, during the gentrification boom. Artists, teachers, and working families bought them. I compared my friend’s loft and the asking price today is very similar to today’s price of his loft, doubled in value since purchase.
I think this guy is a horrible person and hope he spends the rest of his life in prison but don’t really understand why people think his sister’s husband supports him or that he’s not capable of supporting himself in the East Bay.
The suspect appears to make smarter financial decisions than his sister and husband even if he doesn’t make as much or live as extravagantly. Jmo. It’s not like he lives in SF in the Millennium Tower as reported about his sister, where pre-sale prices averaged $1.8 million 14 years ago, peaking in 2015 at $3.8 mill, it was marketed as the most luxurious address on the west coast until it started sinking and tilting. Now they struggle to sell at $1.5 mill or less, the majority (71% in 2021) on the market cancel or expire, unsold. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near that 60 tilting stories of glass during an earthquake!

Who is Nima Momeni, the man accused of killing tech exec Bob Lee?
Momeni is an IT consultant and entrepreneur, according to his LinkedIn page. His resume shows he founded a company called Expand IT, and a Yelp page for the company said he started the business in 2010.
Prior to starting Expand IT, Momeni worked as a consultant and systems engineer with a few other local companies, including Coast Range Technologies in San Jose, according to LinkedIn. Coast Range Technologies, which provides IT services to local companies, confirmed with SFGATE that Momeni worked there as both an employee and contractor between 2006 and 2012.
“He was an employee for a couple months,” said Russell Haynes, the company’s owner. “He always had his own IT thing going on, so he did some contract work for me for a few years after.”
“I’ve called him in on tasks that he was good at,” he added. “He was talented, and he was thorough.”

IT Consultant Salary in San Francisco, California | Salary.com
How much does an IT Consultant make in San Francisco, CA? The average IT Consultant salary in San Francisco, CA is $103,696 as of March 28, 2023, but the salary range typically falls between $92,715and $116,963.

Built in SF
SYSTEMS ENGINEER SALARY IN SAN FRANCISCO

The average salary for a Systems Engineer in San Francisco is $168,136. The average additional cash compensation for a Systems Engineer in San Francisco is $8,725. The average total compensation for a Systems Engineer in San Francisco is $176,861.

BESLER BUILDING LOFTS For Sale in EMERYVILLE | East Bay Condo Mania!

Millennium Tower Prices Sink Below 2009 Levels ‣ MIKE BASHAM

Last edited:
Yes, I thought his business was relatively new but he’s been in business 13 years and even if he didn’t graduate from Berkeley, he’s not the first tech entrepreneur who didn’t graduate.
Obviously I’m not privy to his finances but I know that he obtained experience working as an IT consultant and systems engineer before starting his company.
His loft in Emeryville (a converted 1917 warehouse) is reasonably priced on todays market at $575,000-$650,000 (none for sale presently) but if he bought it 10 years ago it was probably in the $300,000 range, all are prices not extravagant by Bay Area standards and well within his means. Jmo

I agree, lots of entrepreneurs are not college graduates, but this guy claimed to have graduated from UC Berkeley and he didn't. He lied about it.

Also, it has been reported that he doesn't own the loft in Emeryville, he rents it.

Here’s an article that references it, as well as a screenshot of the relevant text in the article.

Thank you so much!

And also, much thanks to @Zoomy for posts regarding the business situation and possible use of social/dating apps in this case.

Opinion: Bad actors can be very friendly and social, it gives them ease of entry into other people's lives. IMO. There's something strange about Momeni's business and he seems to be a bit of a poser. I think this was personal and not business related, but the social demeanor must have fooled Bob Lee, as he got in the car with this guy.

IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back