Identified! CA - Cauc or Hisp Female, 30-50, (Vineyard), Arvin, Kern Co, Mar'11 - Ada Beth Kaplan

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

This video states that Saucedo has been ruled out. Based on the web images shown in the video, I'm thinking someone at KGET found our thread.

Well you were spot on..keep looking out for her creepedout. .It's good they ruled her out an we knew it this quick. Back to the search.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP61263
Date Body Found March 29, 2011
ME/C Case Number SR117490

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 60
Estimated Age Range 45-55
Height 5' 0"-5' 6"(60-66 inches) , Estimated
Weight 100-110 lbs, Estimated

Location Arvin, California 93203
County Kern County

Circumstances of Recovery Decedent was located in a grape vineyard.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Scar/mark mastectomy scar, left breast

Clothing Decedent was found with no clothing.

This case is INSANE. I saw it mentioned on the DDP Facebook before, but didn't look into the details. Exsanguinated and decapitated...poor woman. It sounds very serial killer-esque. I can't imagine this was motivated by a personal rage (quite honestly wouldn't be able to wrap my head around it). It sounds like the semi-ritualistic manner in which the body was treated and posed was the motivation for the crime. It wouldn't be a surprise if this was not his first victim. Sounds like a classic sexual sadist-type serial killer's crime...I was surprised to read it happened in 2011, not the mid-70's!

I wonder if she was trafficked into California from another country? If we think she's not the first victim, maybe she's just his first in the United States. :(

Admixture has been posted: 2011Kern.jpg and it is interesting.

Can anyone more versed shed any light on what this may suggest? I notice a lower percentage of North Atlantic than most of the others (Jonesport Doe is also similar).
Looks like she's mostly Middle Eastern/North African to me.
worldmap-eastern-mediterranean-cropped.png

The North African/Mediterranean/Red Sea (which is Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, maybe Saudi Arabia)/ West Asian all sort of indicate someone who has ancestry in the orange area shown on that map, with an admixture of maybe Polish, German, or something in that area of the world.

The North African/Mediterranean/Red Sea (which is Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, maybe Saudi Arabia)/ West Asian all sort of indicate someone who has ancestry in the orange area shown on that map, with an admixture of maybe Polish, German, or something in that area of the world.
Very interesting, thanks!

I'm hoping this is one of the DDP cases that is waiting for LE to be able to travel after COVID. The admixture is really interesting and she has a LOT of extended (low-match) relatives showing up in GEDMatch list, though all low-range matches. How does one get so many? A large family or a family that is particularly into genealogy?

Her admixture is very similar to Jonespot John Doe and he is listed as possibly Jewish on Doenetwork and similar to her he has a lot of matches (more than 100). I think in case of Jonespot John Doe, Parabon has tested his DNA phenotype, though I am not sure if phenotype says much about ethnicity and that’s how they decided that he is possibly Jewish.

I'm hoping this is one of the DDP cases that is waiting for LE to be able to travel after COVID. The admixture is really interesting and she has a LOT of extended (low-match) relatives showing up in GEDMatch list, though all low-range matches. How does one get so many? A large family or a family that is particularly into genealogy?

Just a guess. She also might be Jewish (like Jonespot John Doe). They traveled all over the world to escape the Nazi's, Jane Doe has ancestry in the orange area shown on the map above, maybe mixed in with German or Polish. Also Jewish people want to find out their ancestry because being Jewish goes only over the maternal line, so it's important to know.

All her stats point to Ashkenazi descent (like Jonesport JD).
- She has a typical Ashkenazi admixture which is a very distinctive mix of Middle European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern genetic elements.
- She has tons of matches (over 3000).
- She has loads of matches (over 110) with family trees, in opposition to most others who have single numbers.
- Yet her highest CM matches are relatively small, in the 80s. Which is indicative of highly endogamous populations such as Ashkenazi Jews.
She has basically thousands of cousins on the 3rd-5th cousin level.

But I am afraid it will make identification more difficult as endogamous family trees are difficult to crack and pull apart. My paternal family tree has the same family names and even first names many hundred times allover. You could never find me in it.

I would appeal to the local Jewish federations or communities and ask whether someone is missing a relative, even if very distant. It is unusual, normally from experience jewish communities search far and wide if someone is missing... but Jonesport JD could have been alienated a long time from any jewish community and have been without any family.
Kern 2011 was a terrible homicide, a partner or spouse may cover something up...

All her stats point to Ashkenazi descent (like Jonesport JD).
- She has a typical Ashkenazi admixture which is a very distinctive mix of Middle European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern genetic elements.
- She has tons of matches (over 3000).
- She has loads of matches (over 110) with family trees, in opposition to most others who have single numbers.
- Yet her highest CM matches are relatively small, in the 80s. Which is indicative of highly endogamous populations such as Ashkenazi Jews.
She has basically thousands of cousins on the 3rd-5th cousin level.

But I am afraid it will make identification more difficult as endogamous family trees are difficult to crack and pull apart. My paternal family tree has the same family names and even first names many hundred times allover. You could never find me in it.

I would appeal to the local Jewish federations or communities and ask whether someone is missing a relative, even if very distant. It is unusual, normally from experience jewish communities search far and wide if someone is missing... but Jonesport JD could have been alienated a long time from any jewish community and have been without any family.
Kern 2011 was a terrible homicide, a partner or spouse may cover something up...

Thank you for this very informative analyses. I think it's spot on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back