CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i've heard, waters are murky and such i guess, but still, 4.5 days missing? sheesh. someone else posted earlier, what in the heck did that guy do between thursday and sunday? NO ONE SAW HIM?!?! where is all the info at?? and how did they know where he was on sunday? what car did he drive to that restaurant? can they show the picture of that car he drove up there?
I'm sure the police department knew exactly where he was every minute from the moment he was a suspect but were waiting for DNA confirmation and all the paperwork to be properly crossed and dotted so that there would be no mistakes in the arrest.

Yeah I agree.. haven't heard anything about that. How did they know where he was. I think the thing that disturbs me the most...is why would his parents let him stay at their house?? When they heard about the missing girl so close to their house, did they think maybe their son was involved? Did they ask him where he was that afternoon?

I am with you my PQ neighbor....if she is in the water, I am thinking they would hove found her already. It seems so strange that they cannot find her. He couldn't have gone very far with her???

I can't help but remember Danielle Van Dam who's body was found in a desert area near El Cajon back in 2002.

when did she identify the man? before or after he was arrested? is it possible that she saw his picture on the news in CO and was maybe swayed into thinking it was him? not sure if that makes sense

Identification is not done that way ...you dont simply see someone on TV ...and identify. The Sheriffs office would of taken a lineup sheet to her and it would have many subjects some similiar in looks to the JAG and it is a very precise thing not a THIS SORT OF LOOKS LIKE THE GUY. She would then identify him in this manner.

I am sure she was contacted long before the suspect was named and arrested. I would say the police/FBI made contact immediately after being alerted that Chelsea King was missing and they also probably did a lineup sheet with her before it broke on our news.

Here is news on her identification it states she was shown multiple pictures:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/TheLaw/ch...x-offenders/story?id=9985483&cid=ESPNheadline

Twin Peaks is in the Poway area. The same part of town Chelsea is from.

So there is a John Gardner listed as graduating from Rim of the World High School, Lake Arrowhead in 1997, would that be him maybe?

Identification is not done that way ...you dont simply see someone on TV ...and identify. The Sheriffs office would of taken a lineup sheet to her and it would have many subjects some similiar in looks to the JAG and it is a very precise thing not a THIS SORT OF LOOKS LIKE THE GUY. She would then identify him in this manner.

i understand that, i guess i jumbled up my question. sorry to sound like a dummy.

when did she identify the man? before or after he was arrested? is it possible that she saw his picture on the news in CO and was maybe swayed into thinking it was him? not sure if that makes sense
He was identified by DNA. They swabbed her elbow after she was attacked.

I don't think she did identify him.

I think his DNA (which was on file since he was a sex offender) was found on something of Chelsey's which they found.

They then tried to connect in through DNA to the Dec. attack. They probably then pulled the sample of the elbow swab from the Dec. victim (that more than likely hadn't been run yet) and ran it...and found the match there.

I've always wondered why our society as a whole seems to be fairly indifferent to these sexual attacks and murders of our children. The outcry one hears is generally from the victims' families and a concerned group of caring, compassionate people. But the movement to put the hammer down on sex offenders seems very slow. Why is that do you think?

I agree 100%.

We're so busy blaming JAG and his parents and rightfully so, but look at the legislators we the people elect. The people we chose to represent us unleashed JAG onto society after a paltry five years in prison.

We can't change people like JAG. We can only change the type of people we choose to represent us in the legislature and get these predators sent away for good instead of unleashing them back onto our children. The revolving door in prisons is ultimately our decision as voters, our fault, and our mistake to fix.

I agree 100%.

We're so busy blaming JAG and his parents and rightfully so, but look at the legislators we the people elect. The people we chose to represent us unleashed JAG onto society after a paltry five years in prison.

We can't change people like JAG. We can only change the type of people we choose to represent us in the legislature and get these predators sent away for good instead of unleashing them back onto our children. The revolving door in prisons is ultimately our decision as voters, our fault, and our mistake to fix.

i agree, ppl like this guy are still around and will always be around, some of them imposing no harm to society anymore, some of them likely to repeat offenses. i think it is our responsibility that we EDUCATE EDUCATE EDUCATE our children on the dangers of these RSOs. are these types of attacks and cases 100% preventable? not all the time. but you can reduce the chances of it happening if you make smart decisions. i just dont know. you just never think it could happen to you

Sex offender held in case of missing Calif. teen got light sentence
Court documents say a sex offender suspected in the disappearance of Chelsea King served only five years in prison for molesting a girl a decade ago after prosecutors rejected a psychiatrist's advice to seek a stiffer punishment.

Prosecutors said in 2000 that John Albert Gardner III's lack of a significant prior criminal record justified less than the maximum sentence for molesting a 13-year-old girl.
BBM
http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20100302/NEWS01/100302039/1001/rss

Unbelievable! WTH were these prosecutors thinking?!! I guess they need to offend several time before they are truly punished.

This case disturbs me even more than the many others...

I feel shaken inside. Something I have never posted...when I was 20 I found myself with a knife to my throat and a man on top of me telling me to take my clothes off. Luckily, for me...some people came upon us and I used the noise, that startled him, to bolt...they took me to the police station but nothing ever came of it...but they did find a green button from his pants...

Who else did he attack after me...? Did they get away?

This poor Child. Her poor Family...I hope he suffers. My thoughts are with Amber's Family, too...

I hate these animals.

So there is a John Gardner listed as graduating from Rim of the World High School, Lake Arrowhead in 1997, would that be him maybe?

That's about 2 1/2 hours north east of here, and we know he was here within at least the last 10 years because of the previous incident in the same Westwood area, and his parents have been here for some time, so that would seem to up the odds he's a graduate of a local school here.

anyone watching midday reports/? i can only watch one station at a time!

UPDATE: (News 8) The search for Chelsea King continues overnight Monday. Crews are still searching Lake Hodges and will continue to do so Tuesday morning. Late Monday night, search crews also went to several Rancho Bernardo locations, but there's no official comment as to why they were searching those areas. Some of them appeared to be construction sites.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12048619

I'm just getting online and catching up with today's posts. We've assumed that the fact the JAG had mud on his pants from the knees down was connected to the lake. But, a construction area makes sense too...........after all the rain we've had, there would be standing areas of muddy water in construction areas, especially if there were trenches dug for utilities and grading.

Sex offender held in case of missing Calif. teen got light sentence
Court documents say a sex offender suspected in the disappearance of Chelsea King served only five years in prison for molesting a girl a decade ago after prosecutors rejected a psychiatrist's advice to seek a stiffer punishment.

Prosecutors said in 2000 that John Albert Gardner III's lack of a significant prior criminal record justified less than the maximum sentence for molesting a 13-year-old girl.
BBM
http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20100302/NEWS01/100302039/1001/rss

Unbelievable! WTH were these prosecutors thinking?!! I guess they need to offend several time before they are truly punished.

Wow! If he would've got the 11yrs back in 2000..well....

Darlin Gal-
I assume you're talking about the woman from Colorado?

She did make a positive ID with a photo line up that was emailed to Co police.. They had her ID him I believe early Sunday before they made the arrest so his picture wouldn't be plastered all over CNN for her to see. They got the DNA in first from Chelsea's underwear and then sent the photo line up over.

It would be nice to see a timeline with all the info that's transpired, gets hard to keep track of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20