CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The victim's sister has said police took a swab for DNA testing after the attack, according to the Union-Tribune.

Question: if they had his DNA from that attack, why wasn't he arrested already, or a photo of him shown to the girl?

Just wondering how they found him thru DNA for the attack on CK but not the girl from December.
(Have they officially said it was a DNA link to CK? I know I read "strong physical evidence" but not sure I read that it was DNA. Everything is running together in my mind.)

Arraignment tomorrow for JAG. I hope the pressure is building up on him while he is being held. Any news regarding his whereabouts today? Is he still in Med Ward?

I wish we could call this guy something besides JAG because I really liked the JAG show and it was a great show and I hate the association that JAG has when we discuss this .

The victim's sister has said police took a swab for DNA testing after the attack, according to the Union-Tribune.

Question: if they had his DNA from that attack, why wasn't he arrested already, or a photo of him shown to the girl?

Just wondering how they found him thru DNA for the attack on CK but not the girl from December.
(Have they officially said it was a DNA link to CK? I know I read "strong physical evidence" but not sure I read that it was DNA. Everything is running together in my mind.)

It may have been low priority and they hadn't run the DNA yet.

You'd be disgusted by the amount of rape kits that are sitting on shelves that have never been processed simply because the states lack money to process them.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/10/cbsnews_investigates/main5605770.shtmlhttp://www.feministing.com/archives/014717.html

I've always wondered why our society as a whole seems to be fairly indifferent to these sexual attacks and murders of our children. The outcry one hears is generally from the victims' families and a concerned group of caring, compassionate people. But the movement to put the hammer down on sex offenders seems very slow. Why is that do you think?

from what I have read she didn't stick around to do a drawing of the perp and she was able to give a dna sample... I am not aware of police protocol but I am almost sure they wouldn't run every RSO against the sample due to cost, etc. Whatever they had to link him to Chelsea (we don't know yet how they got on to him so fast), they then most likely ran the comparison with the dna from the earlier attack.

Just my thoughts.

Just caught up on the updates overnight. I'll be going to volunteer after work today and see if I can be a relief volunteer. Does anyone know if this will be welcomed or are they only wanting people to come in the mornings? Thanks TravelBug for all your work once again. I'm live in Westwood on Poblado & W.Bernardo and I appreciate your passion for our community.

They are taking people all day with the last group leaving at 3 pm, but people can come later and help feed volunteers and do tear down in the evening, as well.

::waves:: to another neighbor

The court documents say he had some altercation with the law in 1998 (PC415) case #MCF0468, in Twin Peaks, CA. Where is that and does anyone know what this was? He would have been 18/19 depending on the date.

from what I have read she didn't stick around to do a drawing of the perp and she was able to give a dna sample... I am not aware of police protocol but I am almost sure they wouldn't run every RSO against the sample due to cost, etc. Whatever they had to link him to Chelsea (we don't know yet how they got on to him so fast), they then most likely ran the comparison with the dna from the earlier attack.

Just my thoughts.

I read an article on it last night and will look for the link for you. It explained everything regarding the Dec. victim. It was a chilling story she relayed the authorities of passing him on the trail walking and that after making eye contact and saying hello...he bodyslammed her to the ground demanding her money. It described it as being hit by a football lineback. She said he pulled her up and shook her vigorously demaning money and threatening to kill her. She struggled with him and her elbow hit him in the nose. She was able to run away and call 911. I will try to find the link for you.

Here is the link to the story:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/01/december-attack-jogger-linked-chelsea-king/?imw=Y

The court documents say he had some altercation with the law in 1998 (PC415) case #MCF0468, in Twin Peaks, CA. Where is that and does anyone know what this was? He would have been 18/19 depending on the date.

Thats a misdemeanor Distubing the Peace violation.

Twin Peaks is in the Poway area. The same part of town Chelsea is from.

For those who'd like an 'on the ground' look at what was up this morning:

The chopper was down in the field behind the park (very close to the park this morning) sitting there still as of around 8:45ish.

A cop has been sitting round the clock near the West Bernardo/Pomerado ramp, if you come from the north and turn left at the signal to go towards Casa and the park, near the area where people typically park to take the footbridge, they're watching that area.

I'm guessing it's to keep people from trying to go up the elevated area there so that they can see down by the rec center, but not sure. That's one of the places with a marked car, as opposed to a few feet further (towards Casa) where there's a volunteer patrol who keeps people out of that trail access area, and then marked cars are, among other places, keeping people out at Moonsong's end of the street, Poblado's trail access by Moonsong and Smokesignal, and from entering down the park entrance, Lake and Rancho (and presumably Date and Elm, though I didn't go down those streets to look) on the north side.

It's being very well controlled access now to key areas or to areas with lookouts. I would suspect Smokesignal and Alborada is the next place that they'll patrol because that has a clear line shot to watch what's being done in that area, and there were dive teams and FBI out there in that area below yesterday, and it's the area I have photos from on Sunday.

Also, it's very cloudy and rain is getting close to being impending it seems. I would guess by noon we'll have rain.

From this article originally posted by Darlingal : http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/10/cbsnews_investigates/main5605770.shtml

Steve Guroff at the San Diego County Sheriff's Department crime lab says their law enforcement agency tests all rape kits regardless of the circumstances of the rape as of April 2009.

So I'm guessing the dna should/would have been tested but, it was not because it wasn't considered a sexual offense, but rather an attempted robbery?

i think were getting off topic here my friends. did anyone hear any new information between last night and this morning? i guess my thoughts is that since it was daytime, he [jag] couldnt have had that much time to do a whole lot with the body [logically speaking]; and i know you cant always use logic to solve these things, but i mean honestly how far out into the lake could she be? are there any sort of currents that could move it?

Thank you for the reply. I'll go by and offer to help in any way they need. Unfortunately I've had to work all weekend or otherwise I would've been there daily. What assignment were you given at 3:45p?

Check out my post towards the top of page 5, I explain what we did on our assignment.

I am with you my PQ neighbor....if she is in the water, I am thinking they would hove found her already. It seems so strange that they cannot find her. He couldn't have gone very far with her???

I read an article on it last night and will look for the link for you. It explained everything regarding the Dec. victim. It was a chilling story she relayed the authorities of passing him on the trail walking and that after making eye contact and saying hello...he bodyslammed her to the ground demanding her money. It described it as being hit by a football lineback. She said he pulled her up and shook her vigorously demaning money and threatening to kill her. She struggled with him and her elbow hit him in the nose. She was able to run away and call 911. I will try to find the link for you.

Here is the link to the story:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/01/december-attack-jogger-linked-chelsea-king/?imw=Y

I really wish she would have taken the time to do a composite....

I am with you my PQ neighbor....if she is in the water, I am thinking they would hove found her already. It seems so strange that they cannot find her. He couldn't have gone very far with her???

from what i've heard, waters are murky and such i guess, but still, 4.5 days missing? sheesh. someone else posted earlier, what in the heck did that guy do between thursday and sunday? NO ONE SAW HIM?!?! where is all the info at?? and how did they know where he was on sunday? what car did he drive to that restaurant? can they show the picture of that car he drove up there?

I'm taking a guess that the December attack was process through San Diego Police Department, while this one had the sheriff's department involved from the beginning. I don't know if SDPD's policy on DNA testing is the same as the sheriff's dept, they are two separate entities.

I really wish she would have taken the time to do a composite....

when did she identify the man? before or after he was arrested? is it possible that she saw his picture on the news in CO and was maybe swayed into thinking it was him? not sure if that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills