CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXACTLY!!! I talked about "chipping" them the other night. I do not feel this would infringe upon their "rights" and IMO would be a whole lot easier to monitor them and find them when a crime has happened or a child is missing!!!! Now I guess they could cut the chips out - but with technology as advanced as it is - I'm sure there could be some time of warning if the chip was removed.

We "chip" our animals so we can find them.

I thought you were talking about wood chipping them. :waitasec:

Any RB people on scanners hearing what's going on at Pomerado and Highland Valley Road? I live at this corner and there are multiple cop cars, news crews, helicopters..all of the sudden. This is just across the freeway from Lake Hodges.

Sadly, I completely understand your point and agree.

I guess I would feel more of an obligation to society than his parents/grandparents did if my child had pled guilty to molestation charges, served time and then been released (not to mention the psychological report.) I think so much of our problem, as a whole, is simply people refusing to take responsibility for their portion of the blame, or act, however uncomfortable, for the greater good and not just whatever happens to fit within their own comfort level and suspended belief system. Maybe if they took more of an interest in their sexually deviant son's mid afternoon walks in jeans in the woods behind their home we wouldn't have another missing girl in the news. So, so frustrating and heartbreaking! :banghead:

I know I'm waaay late to this thread (was on scan thread) But I can speak from experience. I have a son who is a hot-rodder - been in trouble with the law alot. Been to court - all that. I CANNOT let him leave my house without "the lecture"...."They know who you are, they know what you drive...Don't even think you can get away with anything. They are already looking for the slightest reason to pull you over (and they do). JUST ACT RIGHT".

He hates me. Seriously. He yells at me that "I can't forget the past" (his words).

What is so hard about JUST ACTING RIGHT????? DAMMMMMITTT!

Mods please delete if my outrage is showing thru. Apologies to all. Parents - quit covering up for your " odd kids".

Any RB people on scanners hearing what's going on at Pomerado and Highland Valley Road? I live at this corner and there are multiple cop cars, news crews, helicopters..all of the sudden. This is just across the freeway from Lake Hodges.

Is this part of the candlelight vigil???

Ok, so it looks like I'm going to re-install PS. Anyone have it that can put the pix up side by side? (the 4 shot and walmart shot).

Longtime lurker yet posting newbie. I've lurked here since the Danielle van Dam case so I know how smart you Websleuthers are.

So I want to throw out my theory and see what you think. With apologies in advance for going a bit off topic, at least at first.

What do the above three mentioned by SWAG have in common?

They are all named for females, and yes, nothing has really changed.

My theory is that these types of crimes, and the handling/punishment of the perpetrators, are not taken seriously enough because by and large the victims are female. If the epidemic were hitting young boys as frequently, our (mostly male) politicians might be goaded a little more into action.

I've searched for statistics on this and the most conservative I found that seem legitimate say that 1 in 4 girls is sexually abused before the age of 18, compared to 1 in 6 boys. (Source: http://www.darkness2light.org/KnowAbout/statistics_2.asp)

Again I am having trouble finding statistics on this--maybe some of Websleuths' crack researchers can--but I bet the statistics on prepubescent victims show an even greater gender disparity.

An event that I think proves my point: remember the Amish schoolhouse shooting in 2006? The perpetrator invaded the school and forced the male students to help him carry in supplies for the attack, then let them go. Then he proceeded to assault the girls.

Now imagine (with credit, IIRC, to Bob Herbert of the New York Times, his idea not mine) if the perpetrator had forced the white students to help him prepare for an attack on the black students, then let them go. Or vice versa. Or the Christian students to help him prepare for an attack on the Muslim ones, or vice versa. You can bet we would still be hearing about it to this day as an object lesson in what is wrong with our society, or in terrorism.

But (my theory) since the victims were "just" girls...business as usual, nothing to see here, move along.

And Amber Dubois? Do you think if she had been male, under the exact same circumstances, she would have been so quickly dismissed as a runaway despite absolutely no supporting evidence?

I don't.

Sorry to go off on such a rant on only my second post here, but I feel better having gotten this off my chest. I too am local (hi, PQ neighbors!) and although I didn't really expect any other outcome, the "body found" news today punched me right in the gut and I am pretty emotional.

Hi & welcome. Are you saying it is the 'boys will be boys' mentality?

Longtime lurker yet posting newbie. I've lurked here since the Danielle van Dam case so I know how smart you Websleuthers are.

So I want to throw out my theory and see what you think. With apologies in advance for going a bit off topic, at least at first.

What do the above three mentioned by SWAG have in common?

They are all named for females, and yes, nothing has really changed.

My theory is that these types of crimes, and the handling/punishment of the perpetrators, are not taken seriously enough because by and large the victims are female. If the epidemic were hitting young boys as frequently, our (mostly male) politicians might be goaded a little more into action.

I've searched for statistics on this and the most conservative I found that seem legitimate say that 1 in 4 girls is sexually abused before the age of 18, compared to 1 in 6 boys. (Source: http://www.darkness2light.org/KnowAbout/statistics_2.asp)

Again I am having trouble finding statistics on this--maybe some of Websleuths' crack researchers can--but I bet the statistics on prepubescent victims show an even greater gender disparity.

An event that I think proves my point: remember the Amish schoolhouse shooting in 2006? The perpetrator invaded the school and forced the male students to help him carry in supplies for the attack, then let them go. Then he proceeded to assault the girls.

Now imagine (with credit, IIRC, to Bob Herbert of the New York Times, his idea not mine) if the perpetrator had forced the white students to help him prepare for an attack on the black students, then let them go. Or vice versa. Or the Christian students to help him prepare for an attack on the Muslim ones, or vice versa. You can bet we would still be hearing about it to this day as an object lesson in what is wrong with our society, or in terrorism.

But (my theory) since the victims were "just" girls...business as usual, nothing to see here, move along.

And Amber Dubois? Do you think if she had been male, under the exact same circumstances, she would have been so quickly dismissed as a runaway despite absolutely no supporting evidence?

I don't.

Sorry to go off on such a rant on only my second post here, but I feel better having gotten this off my chest. I too am local (hi, PQ neighbors!) and although I didn't really expect any other outcome, the "body found" news today punched me right in the gut and I am pretty emotional.

Welcome Aboard! UzzyBlanche :)

Ok, so it looks like I'm going to re-install PS. Anyone have it that can put the pix up side by side? (the 4 shot and walmart shot).

Sarx,

I don't have PS but I couldn't see the Walmart shot at all (too dark on my computer monitor) so I had been playing with it...lightening it up a bit.

I also lightened up the arrest photo as I couldn't make heads nor tails of that one on my monitor either.

Hope someone comes along who knows how to put those photos side by side.

From the Walmart photo I lightened, I don't see a resemblance.
The Walmart Guy looks Hispanic in this photo, at least to me.
Then again, I didn't even recognize my own next door neighbor last week at the mall. :)

Click on photos below to enlarge.

Can anyone direct me towards the photo of the exact address of his parent's house? I know it was posted on here somewhere.....and the house in Lake Elsinore?

Does anyone know of any articles, etc. that list his parents or grandparents names?

Also, I did a Family Law search in San Diego and came up with someone with the same first and last name (no middle) with a "domestic"....might be him (?)

Bill ORiley covering JAG ...................he did have 2 years parole........

I agree, sad as it is. If it hasn't happened to you or your family, people don't always get it, either.

Here it is..................

John A. Gardner

Integrascan.jpg

Walmart Molester

WalmartMolesterat200.jpg

I work one exit away from all of this and the thought that this happened where I pass each day just sickens me. I can tell you that I had a voicemail, ON MY PERSONAL VOICEMAIL AT WORK today (from Saturday) from the Sheriff's Dept announcing a bulletin about her disappearance. It made me realize they were doing all they could to find her. About an hour later, we got the news that they did.

What has to change is how society treats each other, meaning that whoever wants to make a deal for these monsters must have the appreciation and certainty that THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN! These monsters can't be cured any more than I can be cured to stop liking cheese. It's in their dna. When we want to start thinking of each other's lives as precious and respect that, we will start locking these people up and throwing away the key instead of just 'hoping it doesn't happen again.'

And lastly, I think we should have a run in her name. She loved running, she died running and all of us avid runners should never stop what we love in the name of these monsters.

maybe JAG will just open up about everything that he did, i mean hes been caught, he will be prosecuted and found guilty.... so just give up, and explain everything. i know ppl like him have no remorse for what they do [most of the time] and i dont expect him to have any remorse, BUT i think the least he could do is cooperate and start talking .

Can anyone direct me towards the photo of the exact address of his parent's house? I know it was posted on here somewhere.....and the house in Lake Elsinore?

Does anyone know of any articles, etc. that list his parents or grandparents names?

Also, I did a Family Law search in San Diego and came up with someone with the same first and last name (no middle) with a "domestic"....might be him (?)

It is back towards the beginning of this second thread.

Did you know you can do a reverse lookup with just an address?

Interesting stuff.

sadly i think a lot of problems with LE all come down to budgets. we know they are always underfunded and literally can't set up searches everytime a person is reported missing so they have to pick and choose and when they make the wrong choice, we read about it and sometimes even when they make the right choice, like with Chelsea, it is already too late, (although LE had made some poor choices concerning this perp, evidently.) And all too often, missing teens, etc are indeed runaways and do indeed return on their own, more times than not. So they have hard decisions to make and it is frustrating...if the resources aren't there, what can they do in every case? I am sure they tend to latch onto any clue of trouble at home that might indicate runaway so that they can post the info on-line, let the patrol cars know and do the basic steps...but to qualify for a search such as in this case, I think it happened so fast because of the assault in December; otherwise Mr. King may have been told to call back the next day or at least after some more time had passed. (and it seems it would not have saved her in any case-this may prove to be true with Amber...if same suspect...by the time her parents even knew she was missing, it could well have been too late if she had run into this one..

His father's name may be the same sinces he's a "III". JAG's parents may not be issuing a statement on advice from the lawyers. Their home was searched. If there was evidence that they had some knowledge of this crime, could be charges filed against them also. I wonder if they've lawyered up also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84