CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you didn't think I was judging you on your decision. It had to be extremely difficult. It's unfortunate it has to be one way or the other, protect the child and let the predator go free much earlier, testify and maybe damage the child but protect other kids?? It shouldn't be that way.

Marc Klass said it should be allowed that children testify via video and courts should allow that rather than damage the child further by having to face their offender.

Do we have a name? Maybe we can start a new thread to focus on the missing girl. She deserves no less than the response rec'd by Chelsea. My heart goes out to the mother.

Best,

Mel

No did someone hear post the name? But they deleted it. Maybe they still have it written down?

I dont know what the big deal is, esp todays day and age. :furious:

I am so sorry about Chelsea. Unfortunately, I did not believe there would be a happy ending. Many times on forums such as this, following the death of a child or young woman or adult who has been raped and sexual assaulted, I feel such outrage and frustration. Human beings have become so "civilized" that I fear we don't do enough to protect our young from these predators. Monsters like JAG are jailed for a time and then released to rape and hurt again. Instead, I really believe they should be locked up forever, incapacitated in some way or killed. They are absolute evil -- yet many of us are unable to see the danger they present to our society. In our kindness, caring and compassion-- in our desire to be fair and understanding and to give people a chance to change, grow and heal-- we are neglecting to protect ourselves and our children from an evil that cannot be healed. In some way, we are losing our instinct for self-preservation by allowing these abominations to live among us instead of killing them before they kill us or our children. JMO.

Rock Springs is the last address for JAG. The bolded rape is on Rock Springs (A on the map). B on the map is near where Amber disappeared, C is her address. I circled the other streets listed on the rape report for Escondido from April of last year to January of this year. This north east of where Chelsea disappeared.

Just if you wanted to know. :crazy:

Wheres the map?

While I agree, I think the testimony of a child or teen should be done via video. While many say the accused is allowed to face their accuser - in these cases, that should be waived. The ACLU would have a field day, but why would anyone want to damage the victims further?

I'm against plea bargains, and I'm certainly against releasing SO early (for good behaviour or tax cuts). How many more children have to die before we lock these perps up and throw away the key.

We're moving on Thursday to an area that has 1 registered sex offender. Yes, 1. I already know what he looks like, and have his address. Thankfully, we're moving to a town with a population of less than 5,000 (and where everyone knows your business - I love that). While I love San Diego, it's time to move out and get to a town where everyone keeps on eye on one another (here I don't even know my neighbor). The crime rate is also next to nil.

Somtimes, we gotta do what we gotta do. I know we could get hit by a mac truck, but I need to pray and keep an eye out for my child.

Mel

Good for You being aware of the RSO in your new town!:dance:

Well, San Diego loves you too. You'll be missed at the beautiful beaches this summer. Seriously, wishing you the best and hope you'll tell us how good it worked out for you.

No did someone hear post the name? But they deleted it. Maybe they still have it written down?

I dont know what the big deal is, esp todays day and age. :furious:

I had posted the name of a 13-yr old girl whose mother said she went missing in a park earlier on scanner thread (and took down last name when advised we can't post names of minors unless media has done so first-something i did not know) but never heard the name of the 17-yr old nor did i hear this on the scanner, though others did...can't have a thread without a confirmed name. Hoping both girls have been found by now...

Bold by me. Weird, much? And while I'm at it, W and E El Norte Py is just up the road and not far from where Amber disappeared. That's four more really close to JAGs old address.

Just checked, W Washington is really close, too. 2 more.

Picture of area attached.

I found it...Sorry..

I had posted the name of a 13-yr old girl whose mother said she went missing in a park earlier on scanner thread (and took down last name when advised we can't post names of minors unless media has done so first-something i did not know) but never heard the name of the 17-yr old nor did i hear this on the scanner, though others did...can't have a thread without a confirmed name. Hoping both girls have been found by now...

Oh tht right there were so many kids missing when we were listening. Oh I hope so. Hope they are tucked in their beds safe.

I also see kids - pre-school age walking ALONE to the bus stop or to school. I just want to pull over and say "where's your momma"? I still drive my son to and from school. I'm sorry to say I'm an absolutely protective, paranoid, over the top mother. He's not always happy about it, but has said he appreciates it (sometimes)!

Mel
There was a Kindergartener or 1st grader at my daughter's old school that would walk home by herself. She was an Indian girl (so perhaps the mom wasn't culturally aware, because I think they were new to the states). When we'd see her walk alone we'd always try to walk her home, even if it meant going a few blocks out of our way. Better safe than sorry! There is a woman who lets her 9-year-old ride the subway alone and gives lectures about it- that's nuts!!!

Rock Springs is the last address for JAG. The bolded rape is on Rock Springs (A on the map). B on the map is near where Amber disappeared, C is her address. I circled the other streets listed on the rape report for Escondido from April of last year to January of this year. This north east of where Chelsea disappeared.

Just if you wanted to know. :crazy:

Holy smokes. Do you know the town his grandmother lives in?

The caption for this picture is incorrect. This is Highland Valley road, on the opposite side of the freeway from where she was found. If I were LE, I'd be checking closer over there, just in case another body is around.

How far away do you live?

About 700-750 miles...why do you ask? Yes, it would be good if they'd look on those two points I mentioned earlier. Is where you're saying close to water too? What I 'saw' the water could be seen from.

i just checked SO's in my nieghborhood and oddly, unless i am getting bad data, far fewer when i last looked...but the one nearest had a 2009 conviction for criminal penetration, so why is he living on the next block less than a yr later and not in jail? i guess i can try to find out...

yikes there are 211 in my zip code and 623 in my sister's zip and she with two daughters...and 88 in where my other nieces live...
623! she lives in a decent area, not fancy but decent! and 211 for mine is way too many...i live in the midst of schools, on every corner almost

Good for You being aware of the RSO in your new town!:dance:

Well, San Diego loves you too. You'll be missed at the beautiful beaches this summer. Seriously, wishing you the best and hope you'll tell us how good it worked out for you.

Thank you, Curious. You know me- I will always be here :)

Mel

I grew up in the same neighborhood as Chelsea and am horrified by this story.

I decided to check for offenders in my current neighborhood in Los Angeles and discovered that the man across the hall from me IN MY APARTMENT COMPLEX is a convicted sex offender: lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14. Does anyone have any clue how I could find more info on this person? I don't even know if the crime was committed in Los Angeles. I think understandably so, I'm freaking out. I live alone. I'm only 25. I've talked to this person before.

Sorry - I'm just really really freaking out right now.

i wonder if a law could come of chelsea's crime (I know, another law after the fact, but better than nothing) that LE must inform community of assaults in a particular location if more than one occurs there. I know there seems to be only the Dec 09 event at this time, but i still think that if that assualt/robbery attempt, whatever he was trying to pull, had made been public to the residents who used that park, that perhaps Chelsea would not have been running alone, perhaps she would have been forbidden by her folks. People need the chance to make their own personal decisions about their safety with all of the facts to take into condsideration. Is there a place/data base where this info was available if checked, does anyone know? For instance when I do walk (which is not that often) I tend to go to one park. But I wouldn't go there if i knew that muggers or worse had been operating there. Are there specific guidelines LE must follow to try to protect community as a violent event occurs or it is all variable? No one wants panic but everyone wants information and most are responsible enough to use it properly, simply in order to make choices.
We had a string of shopping mall assasults a few years ago at Christmas and it only became a "story" after the holiday shopping season, obviously due to pressure from the mall stores, i would imagine...but in meantime, several women had to suffer attacks and have their purses stolen and were terrified out of their wits and God only knows what their emotional state is now...

I decided to check for offenders in my current neighborhood in Los Angeles and discovered that the man across the hall from me IN MY APARTMENT COMPLEX is a convicted sex offender: lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14. Does anyone have any clue how I could find more info on this person? I don't even know if the crime was committed in Los Angeles. I think understandably so, I'm freaking out. I live alone. I'm only 25. I've talked to this person before.

I don't know what to say. Maybe some of the others on here know more about digging info. I met someone who was trying to move out of Weaverville because there was so many near them.

From what i read, the info posted is all they can post, legally, but in most states the county in which he was convicted have the records and most are public records, specifically the Circuit Clerk's Office, worth a try, take care

Just go to the National sex offender registry and put his name in. It will tell you what State the crime was commited out of.

You're justified to be freaking out. However, please know and this is my opinion and I've dealt with this...........that's only those that have been caught and convicted. You have people that haven't offended yet out there.

I saw Sex Offender Registries make mom's into monsters. Again understandable, but from now on know as much about your neighbors and co-workers and contacts that you can.

It's horrible to say, but sometimes the registry gives a false sense of security. You now KNOW that guy and what he was convicted of. Basically I assume everyone has done something when I first meet them and go from there. Horrible, but safer.

Just go to the National sex offender registry and put his name in. It will tell you what State the crime was commited out of.

You're justified to be freaking out. However, please know and this is my opinion and I've dealt with this...........that's only those that have been caught and convicted. You have people that haven't offended yet out there.

I saw Sex Offender Registries make mom's into monsters. Again understandable, but from now on know as much about your neighbors and co-workers and contacts that you can.

It's horrible to say, but sometimes the registry gives a false sense of security. You now KNOW that guy and what he was convicted of. Basically I assume everyone has done something when I first meet them and go from there. Horrible, but safer.

Sadly the national registry didn't give me any additional info. I totally agree with all the points you made. Not going to talk to him anymore - I'll stick with dirty looks.

[sorry for hijacking the thread for a bit]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member