CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.10news.com/index.html

Oh dear, I guess 10News at 11 am PST is going to show an angry neighborhood today. Praying for everyone in the neighborhood as they have to deal with losing Chelsea. I hope some of the anger felt about JAG slipping under the radar for so long will be put to good use, but hope it does not turn ugly.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, sorry if it has, but on my local Fox News this am it was stated that DNA was found on Chelsea's elbow and that it did not match that of the perp. Anyone else hear this?

RIP beautiful one, may the Angel's surround you....

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, sorry if it has, but on my local Fox News this am it was stated that DNA was found on Chelsea's elbow and that it did not match that of the perp. Anyone else hear this?

Are you sure they were referring to Chelsea's elbow and not the Dec. 27th jogger? I would be very surprised if any information regarding DNA evidence related to Chelsea was released at this point.

Are you sure they were referring to Chelsea's elbow and not the Dec. 27th jogger? I would be very surprised if any information regarding DNA evidence related to Chelsea was released at this point.

No I'm not sure. trying to find a link and after reading what you said of course it would be too early for any DNA evidence

I thought they were talking about the other jogger that was attacked in December. But I could be wrong.

I havent heard anything released on Chelseas body yet...but the news has been mis-reporting alot and it is my impression the Colorodo Springs woman who was attacked in Dec. had DNA on her elbow but I heard that was a confirmed match with JAG

Was it Chelsea's elbow or that girl that was attacked a few months ago that got away? I heard that a DNA sample of her arm did not match his.

See page 34 or 35 where I responded about this.

Thank You adpilove. I found your further posts about knowing JAG way back in the days of HS. I appreciate your take on what kind of person he was. It's not surprising he had some kind of Learning Disability (sarcastic comments being surpressed here) and that he was in Special Ed. People seem to be describing him so different than the horrible crimes he's capable of. Would you say he was clever enough to manipulate and deceive with charm?

I have heard of DNA found on the other young woman's elbow that DID match JAG. I haven't heard of any DNA found on Chelsea's elbow, though it would likely be possible. That said, if it didn't match JAG, I don't see that as mattering much, for she could have come in contact with anyone throughout the day.

I didn't say his parents were capable of, or unable to keep him out of trouble.

Being a parent brings responsiblity (a lot of it too) to you, as the parent.

From what we have heard here from members that went to school with him - his first crime came as quite a shock - so can we "assume" his family situation was or was not dysfunctional? Don't know - don't think so.

Once your child becomes an adult your parental responsibility is lessened - to a degree. You love your children with all your being and that continues.

Years ago, my childhood best friend had a brother. We were well into our teens when we found out this brother had shot and killed a police officer - point blank. We never knew. After hearing the story from my family - how the public rode by their house and threw rotten vegetables and all sorts of nasty things - I didn't know what to think. This had all happened before we were ever born.

Her parents never told her about this awful crime - until we had found out on our own. Her father (mother had died) was asked to vouch for him once his time in prison was up - he said no. He didn't want any contact from him - didn't care to see him - washed his hands of him. I guess that is one way to handle it.

We have followed hundreds of cases here - sometimes the offenders family speaks out - other times they don't. I do fully realize that we have no right to expect them to make a statement. All we can hope is that they do.

By this guy's family coming forward it would certainly help in the investigation and lend some insight as to this guy's "inner workings". He is a POI in Amber's case (Amber's mom even followed him), he is a suspect in the jogger's attack in December. In sleuthing these cases any and all information that can be gleened is helpful.

Now that we know this guy is being looked at for other awful crimes that have happened previously - of course we are very curious as to what the "family dynamic" was under that roof.

I never said that the family should come forward. It is my opinion that they should at least make a statement but that is my opinion. As for rights of privacy - once someone living under your roof commits such a horrendous crime - your privacy is out the window and that is our laws and justice system - search warrants will be issued and your home will be searched. I never demanded that their privacy be disclosed.

What we do here is hard. Its heartbreaking. But we do it for the victims, we do it for justice. We do it for answers and hopefuly in maybe saving another child before a crime happens.

I'm sorry you took offense to my post - I did not intend any. I stand by my statement that I don't believe - from what we have learned so far - that his parents have done the right things, and until we hear otherwise I will keep that stance.

As for the graffiti painting on the garage. Horrible? Yes. A crime? Yes. But understandable - yes.

Hope that clears things up.

Sorry, but I can't help remembering other women who have been murdered in the past while out jogging. Please be careful even if on a memorial run.:

About Sanchez, the Bike Path Rapist/Murderer who murdered Ms. Yalem and several other women:

In 1996, Mr. Sanchez was among the 1,548 people who entered the Linda Yalem Memorial Run, an annual 3.1-mile race that the police regularly videotaped for clues.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/18/nyregion/18bike.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion

Can someone please let me know where I can get the most current news and coverage of the court precedings today. I looked at the 10 news website but only saw the various articles on the story.

SD slaying suspect - LE abduction attempt linked?
11:14 AM PST on Wednesday, March 3, 2010
By SARAH BURGE

Lake Elsinore police are investigating whether the sex offender arrested in the killing of a 17-year-old San Diego County girl might have tried to kidnap a girl in Lake Elsinore in October.

John Albert Gardner III, a resident of the unincorporated Lakeland Village neighborhood near Lake Elsinore, was arrested Sunday in Escondido on suspicion of rape and murder in the disappearance of Chelsea King. San Diego County Sheriff's Department officials said Tuesday that they found a body in a shallow grave near the shoreline of Lake Hodges that they believe is Chelsea.

More at link...
http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_websuspect.1da2f17.html

ETA: I think the sketch within is strikingly similar! The hair color looks slightly off, but I'm placing my bets.

This guy gets around, unfortunately. It sounds like he's had several unsuccessful attempts... I'd be looking at attempts all over CA now. What a piece of work!

Can someone please let me know where I can get the most current news and coverage of the court precedings today. I looked at the 10 news website but only saw the various articles on the story.
Here ya go - there is a banner at the top of the page that says they will be carrying live coverage of the arraingment.

http://www.10news.com/index.html

hi...i've been reading these boards forever...had my own speculations on a ton of cases...but they usually mirror other people's or i just come up empty. i'm really not much a boards person...too much to keep of with!

i saw this article today about the number of unregistered sex offenders in california.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/02/thousands-of-sex-offenders-unlisted/#more-71801

it makes me sick. i live in a small town in ct and there are a handful of RSO's in a 5 mile radius and while i understand that the circumstances differ between these RSO's and what they did to earn that title...it just makes me very paranoid! i have a small daughter and every time someone stops by to admire her, i have this fear in the back of my mind that they are more than admiring her. ughh! sorry to be off topic, but wanted to put my two cents in on this one.

there need to be tougher laws and they need to be consistently enforced. i personally don't understand why they don't take these RSO's...where the circumstances allow...and make them eunichs. things would be so much better that way.:banghead:

Sorry, but I feel it is dishonest at the least and very dangerous for parents to house their RSO son who is legally registered at another address but not at theirs. Thats the reason for RSO registries- to try and keep track of these animals. Plus, this guy was a high risk offender. None of their neighbors were aware of the risk to their children and others. I think this is criminal!!! Just like Couey's family who covered for him!!!!!! I'm sorry but I do hold the parents partially responsible. They should have registered him!!!!!!!

I do offer my sincere condolences to Chelsea's family. This case has made me physically ill!!!! Take comfort that Chelsea is with ou Lord. Also, her death may have saved the lives of other potential victims.

"San Diego police said Gardner also was linked to an assault on a 22-year-old Colorado woman who managed to fend off her attacker on Dec. 27 in Rancho Bernardo Community Park on the northern edge of San Diego, where King's 1994 BMW was found with her belongings inside.

San Diego police Capt. Jim Collins declined to describe the evidence connecting Gardner to the December assault but said a swab taken from the victim's elbow did not match Gardner's DNA"

So did it match or didn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member