CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys pulling out the DSM III to diagnose this guy?
Just had the joy of dealing with a few officially diagnosed sociopaths. To my knowledge they never killed anyone, but just about everything else was on the table as far as what they would justify to themselves as being acceptable behavior (the justifications were...interesting, to say the least). Reminded me of the psychiatrist that said JAG showed no remorse.

What scares me is that most states only list the high level offenders. Think how many "low level" offenders are out there. I just found out that states don't rank/categorize the offender the same.
ie...an offender just moved to my state...he was not assessed in my state yet which meant he wasn't listed on the offender site. But...his crime was so bad that they went ahead and put him on the county website (which they said wasn't totally legit) They informed our police chief (small town) who then informed the school BECAUSE he was living with a single mom and 2 kids. The county told the police chief it was okay because he wasn't assessed yet. Thankfully, child protective services was called. They immediately went to home and kicked him out. They said until he was assessed in our state that he was to be around no children at all and could not be on school property either. Sorry for long story. This just happened last month.

Imagine what it was like before the internet...when probation officers had to keep track of offenders on a metal board and high risk offenders had a red magnet while others had different colors indicating their level of risk to the environment. These magnets helped sort out our caseloads and draw attention to those who required more of us. I spent many a day at the jails checking the logs for those who did not report in person at the beginning of the month. We even had a magnet that had black & white strips on it for incarcerated so we could keep track of the repeat offenders who were revolving in our system. Megans Law was a Godsend to the communities.

I guess I better keep quiet someone might be able to date me (figure my age) and then you will all know I am not a spring chicken. LOL

To: TheMentalist
Thanks for sharing that. That is very interesting. Internet has helped us keep track of sex offenders, but I think it has also given them another huge avenue/way in which to find victims. I commend you for working with them. I work with young children...some in a reactive way...but most in a proactive way...teaching them safety.

There are three chances for rain this week. Tomorrow night, Thursday night, and the biggest coming Saturday night into Sunday when we should be getting another 1-2 inches of rain.

We'll see how and if this impacts searches - though it certainly didn't slow things down any on Saturday, now we're having searchers out knowing that they likely won't be finding her alive, but hopefully that doesn't hinder things.

The rain is really going to make things difficult. I was out on a volunteer search team on Sunday (I got turned away Saturday because they had too many volunteers at that point), but the area we searched was off a rural road within a few miles of the command center. We supposedly were searching an area that they felt was very promising because they had a "lead", but of course they couldn't say what it was. It became very hard to stay in a uniform line and search all the areas thoroughly because we would be walking through wooded areas and they would suddenly turn marshy and very heavily vegetated. There were also flowing streams that blocked some of the areas we wanted to search, and I have a feeling they were only flowing because of the heavy rains, and would not have even been there the day she went missing and he presumably hid her. We did come across some red lace panties on our search, which I felt was very substantial, but others in our group including our team leader seemed to think they weren't important because they looked like they had been there for a while. We marked them of course, and who knows, they could have relevance to the Amber Dubois disappearance or another case. Also, keep in mind that just because he was muddy or wet doesn't mean he necessarily disposed of her in the lake area, he could have disposed of her anywhere off the beaten path and gotten muddy from all the other recent storms we've been having. I'm rambling now, but I had to say what was on my mind.

Are you guys pulling out the DSM III to diagnose this guy? These labels are only applied after careful consideration of much collected data (family case history, eduction, work history, offenses, support systems, etc.) After a carefully constructed case history is prepared then a licensed psychologist or social worker would then make a recommendation or apply a label. I did not take that job lightly...of course it is fun to throw those labels around but it is just not that simple because of the variables involved. Some people fit in many categories and as one former friend of mine used to say we all fit somewhere in the DSM III book.

How about I just use my common sense and years of psychology studies to just give my street smart opinion. Narcissistic tendencies to say the very least. JAG is in the very dangerous and scarey category.

The article linked below has a detailed description of the December '09 attack.

fran

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/01/december-attack-jogger-linked-chelsea-king/

December attack on jogger linked to Chelsea King

..........................snip...............................

She thought it was weird he was wearing jeans, but she said “hello” to him, and he nodded back.

He then body slammed her to the ground and asked for money.

When she screamed, he told her to “Shut up.”

She responded, saying “You’re going to have to kill me first,” and he said “That can be arranged,” the mother recounted.

The assailant, who she described as football-player big, then pulled her up and started shaking her by her shoulders, and Candice elbowed him in the nose and ran. She thought she might have broken his nose. She stopped at the first house she found, banged on the door and called 911.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,complete article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UPDATE: (News 8) The search for Chelsea King continues overnight Monday. Crews are still searching Lake Hodges and will continue to do so Tuesday morning. Late Monday night, search crews also went to several Rancho Bernardo locations, but there's no official comment as to why they were searching those areas. Some of them appeared to be construction sites.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12048619

Just so we've got a picture here on this thread, this is a screen capture of the Walmart video.

JAG.jpg

Somewhere between page 20 and 33 on the first thread, someone posted a picture of the Walmart molester that wasn't the one above. From what I remember, it looked like he was standing at the bottom of a few steps. Does anyone have that picture to post here?

Is it this one in the attached comparison shots?

Attachments

• Walmart Suspect_20090001.jpg
    Walmart Suspect_20090001.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 79
Really reaching here, but does anyone have any info on Amber Dubois and her backpack? I assume she has one as she was on her way to school.
Likely this was left out after kids partying or something, but just wanted to check.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing-arrest2-2010mar02,0,2987218.story

look at the picture.

For info, this is what I have on Amber's missing items:

1. Black hoodie with white fleece lining
  2. Black pants
  3. Top
  4. Black sneakers
  5. Necklace: Sterling silver wolf head in 3 dimension
  6. Ring: Blue sapphire ring worn on her middle left finger
  7. Ring: Silver claddagh ring, which is a traditional Irish ring given in friendship or worn as a wedding ring. It is described as two hands clasping a heart, and the heart is surmounted by a crown
  8. Black shoulder bag, which is similar in appearance to a computer laptop carrying case
  9. Text Books
  10. Valentine’s Gifts
  11. Cell phone – Verizon model LG VX 10000
  12. iPod
  13. Check for $200 for a lamb

For info, this is what I have on Amber's missing items:

1. Black hoodie with white fleece lining
  2. Black pants
  3. Top
  4. Black sneakers
  5. Necklace: Sterling silver wolf head in 3 dimension
  6. Ring: Blue sapphire ring worn on her middle left finger
  7. Ring: Silver claddagh ring, which is a traditional Irish ring given in friendship or worn as a wedding ring. It is described as two hands clasping a heart, and the heart is surmounted by a crown
  8. Black shoulder bag, which is similar in appearance to a computer laptop carrying case
  9. Text Books
  10. Valentine’s Gifts
  11. Cell phone – Verizon model LG VX 10000
  12. iPod
  13. Check for $200 for a lamb

that breaks my heart.......my daughter just finished her FFA season with a lamb

Is it this one in the attached comparison shots?

The red truck in relation to Amber was identified by LE as a parent's truck and ruled out.

Early in their investigation, police said they were looking for a red truck that was seen on the school's blurry security tape for a moment shortly before Amber's disappearance. Police sent the video to Department of Defense image laboratories for sophisticated analysis.
The truck was identified as an early 2000s model red Dodge Ram with aftermarket chrome rails and running boards.
Detectives later learned that the truck belonged to the parent of a student at the high school. They questioned the parent and determined the truck probably had nothing to do with the girl's disappearance.

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/escondido/article_17edfcec-657a-5398-8295-4b1ada991f56.html

The red truck in relation to Amber was identified by LE as a parent's truck and cleared, IIRC.

Yes, those are pics of the red truck said to be driven by the Wal-Mart suspect.

Thankx srax - but how do you get to murder? DNA evidence will point to rape/assault - what else do they have that moves from rape on to murder? Large amounts of blood, brain matter, or murder weapon would lead to that (sorry for the graphic words).

Bladder and bowels are also released when someone dies... (yes, graphic - but true). If it was strangulation (common in rape), then there probably wasn't much blood. So perhaps these other bodily fluids?

Are you guys pulling out the DSM III to diagnose this guy?

The current one is the DSM-IV-TR. Although he could fit many labels, I do think many rapists/murderers fit the category of Antisocial Personality Disorder. Even though a licensed professional (psychologist, SW, psychiatrist) needs to make the official diagnosis, I believe creeps like this justify being tried, diagnosed, etc, in the public by armchair psychologists, judges, investigators - regular old people who are disgusted by their actions.

To: TheMentalist
Thanks for sharing that. That is very interesting. Internet has helped us keep track of sex offenders, but I think it has also given them another huge avenue/way in which to find victims.

Did anyone see this story on Chatroulette yesterday? I had never heard of it. Geez....

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego police Tuesday investigated the death of someone whose body was found floating in a small body of water in the East Village.The body was found in a drainage pond near San Diego Bay in the 1200 block of Imperial Avenue around 11:10 p.m. Monday, said San Diego police Officer Dino Delimitros.
No other details about the body were immediately released.
http://www.10news.com/news/22713518/detail.html

It's about 25 miles away, I believe. One of the locals might know more.

I think it would be doable from evidence at the scene to build a circumstantial case for murder:
(1) semen and Chelsea's blood on the underwear
(2) evidence of a strubble- crushed grass, leaves
(3) although strangling is the most common COD I nthink Chelsea would have fouight- so there may be blood evidence from striking Chelsea
(4) due to her parents rapid actions the DA has a great time line for the crime
(5) If Chelsea is never found a circumstantial inference of her death is logical
(6) condition of clothing found at the site- ie torn off
I could definitely make a case for murder if Chelsea is not found. Is the DP in force in California - If so I'd go for murder 1 with special circumstances. If a guilty verdict is achieved I'd offer LWOP if perp gives up any and all victims.

I think it would be doable from evidence at the scene to build a circumstantial case for murder:
(1) semen and Chelsea's blood on the underwear
(2) evidence of a strubble- crushed grass, leaves
(3) although strangling is the most common COD I nthink Chelsea would have fouight- so there may be blood evidence from striking Chelsea
(4) due to her parents rapid actions the DA has a great time line for the crime
(5) If Chelsea is never found a circumstantial inference of her death is logical
(6) condition of clothing found at the site- ie torn off
I could definitely make a case for murder if Chelsea is not found. Is the DP in force in California - If so I'd go for murder 1 with special circumstances. If a guilty verdict is achieved I'd offer LWOP if perp gives up any and all victims.
(above bolding by smart blonde)...

Yes, the death penalty is used in California. Just not as often as it should be.

And, this is one of those times that I pray it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20