CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pulled up the sex offender list of my hometown, a very small town, and there were dozens of men and even a few women. I don't know how many of them are bona fide rapists and how many were 18 and had a 17 year old girlfriend, etc. But I'm SHOCKED at the number of registered sex offenders here. It's at least 1% of the population. The younger brother of one of my best friends when I was a kid, the husband of my piano instructor, and even the guy my first girlfriend dumped me for. Wow, talk about feeling like a loser...getting dumped for a sex offender.

That is a blow to the ego. You seem much nicer than "them".;)

On NBC 7/39 this evening Artie Ojeda mentioned that law enforcement officers had kicked in the door yesterday at one of JAG's associated residences.

This kind of implies that they did not have him under surveillance, otherwise presumably they would have known right away that he was not there. This is assuming that they had gone to the house to arrest him and not to search (which makes him being home or not being home irrelevant).

Do we know how LEO was tipped off to his location at the restaurant--e.g. if they talked to family members, tracked down his car, etc.?

He does look like a creep! I say we microchip every one of these freaks with GPS chips. Since we insist on letting them go free amongst us.
He has changed a lot. I wonder if he was doing some drugs during time first pic was taken. He's got that steroid neck...but none of the steroid acne. I can't stand to see his smirk :furious:

From KGTV (10) news at 11:

Overnight crews have narrowed the search for Chelsea. They're looking within a 12 square mile area around Lake Hodges and declared it a crime scene.

They are now heavily focusing on an area about 3-4 miles wide.

They are searching through the night.

Every conceivable technology is being used.

Sheriff Bill Gore flew her parents over the search area earlier today.

Her parents said since "this creature won't tell us where she is we'll just have to find her"

His parents have a sign on their Matinal home stating that they "have no statement at this time."

Sheriff said there is NO POINT at which they will stop the search until they find Chelsea.

From KFMB (8) news at 11:

He is NOT cooperating and is currently in the jail medical ward at the central jail but they will not tell us why.

In 8 minutes there will be film from a one on one interview with the Sheriff, I'll update when it happens.

The jogger from the December attack said DNA was taken off of her elbow to make a match.

They are filming part of the broadcast tonight at the yellow $ sign area in my signature at the Poblado access point to the trails.

Amber's dad doesn't want to find a connection between Chelsea and Amber because of what that means but knows it's likely there.

From KNSD (7) news at 11:

Amber's dad can't help but draw connections between the cases, but they are in full denial of it but do know they can't help but think this may be what happened to her. With his "track record" her dad says that they know Amber's probably "not in a good situation"

He just moved out of the Rock Springs address a month ago.

From last year
The man molested two girls, a 5-and 6-year-old, in separate incidents. On April 1, a little girl was abused at the Wal-Mart at College Grove, and the other on May 17 at the Wal-Mart on Kearny Mesa. Neither girl was seriously injured, according to the newspaper.

How many times have we heard stories where these incidents result in abduction of these small children and then they are found raped & murdered? There is nothing safe about a molestation!

Is this guy a pedophile, or a sociopath or both? A sociopath does not have a comfort zone, because he feels like he is entitled to everything. From what I am reading, he might well fit into the sociopathic range:
  • Narcissistic and grossly inflated view of their self-worth and importance
  • Lack of concern for the devastating effects their actions have on others
  • feelings of other people are of no concern
  • People are little more than objects to be used for their own gratification
  • Lie, deceive and manipulate
  • Impulsive acts
  • Short-tempered or hot-headed and tend to respond to frustration, failure, discipline and criticism with sudden violence, threats and verbal abuse
  • Lack of responsibility
A sociopath will cross any boundaries. It kind of feels like that about this guy to me.

Yes, I think it is safe to put him in this category.

did anyone grab that address for his parents house????

It's on Matinal and see in this photo.

It's up the block from the school toward the Matinal/West Bernardo signal. Flare debris on the street makes it obvious it's that house if you know the area and go past it.

On NBC 7/39 this evening Artie Ojeda mentioned that law enforcement officers had kicked in the door yesterday at one of JAG's associated residences.

This kind of implies that they did not have him under surveillance, otherwise presumably they would have known right away that he was not there. This is assuming that they had gone to the house to arrest him and not to search (which makes him being home or not being home irrelevant).

Do we know how LEO was tipped off to his location at the restaurant--e.g. if they talked to family members, tracked down his car, etc.?

Earlier one of the other stations (I think it was KGTV 10) they stated that the Lake Elsinore address was the one that had the door kicked in.

He does look like a creep! I say we microchip every one of these freaks with GPS chips. Since we insist on letting them go free amongst us.
My suggestion is a bright neon license plate on their car which says "sex offender"...a bright neon sign on their front yard...and a big tattoo across their forehead!:furious: but it'd be much easier to throw them in jail.

From KGTV (10) news at 11:

Overnight crews have narrowed the search for Chelsea. They're looking within a 12 square mile area around Lake Hodges and declared it a crime scene.

They are now heavily focusing on an area about 3-4 miles wide.

They are searching through the night.

Every conceivable technology is being used.

Sheriff Bill Gore flew her parents over the search area earlier today.

Her parents said since "this creature won't tell us where she is we'll just have to find her"

His parents have a sign on their Matinal home stating that they "have no statement at this time."

Sheriff said there is NO POINT at which they will stop the search until they find Chelsea.

From KFMB (8) news at 11:

He is NOT cooperating and is currently in the jail medical ward at the central jail but they will not tell us why.

In 8 minutes there will be film from a one on one interview with the Sheriff, I'll update when it happens.

The jogger from the December attack said DNA was taken off of her elbow to make a match.

They are filming part of the broadcast tonight at the yellow $ sign area in my signature at the Poblado access point to the trails.

Amber's dad doesn't want to find a connection between Chelsea and Amber because of what that means but knows it's likely there.

From KNSD (7) news at 11:

Amber's dad can't help but draw connections between the cases, but they are in full denial of it but do know they can't help but think this may be what happened to her. With his "track record" her dad says that they know Amber's probably "not in a good situation"

He just moved out of the Rock Springs address a month ago.

Well we can rule out the take down at The Hideaway it was reported as uneventful so we know he wasnt injured at that time. Hes a big boy so I dont think he would have any trouble defending himself from other inmates/prisoners and he is probably still in a holding cell because he hasnt seen a judge yet so he cant be in a prision population environment. ***Unless Bill Gore wanted him to be more comfortable and transported him as you did say Central Jail.

Maybe he is on suicide watch. :)

He's likely in the Med. Ward because he's on a suicide watch, pretty common in these cases.

Is this guy a pedophile, or a sociopath or both? A sociopath does not have a comfort zone, because he feels like he is entitled to everything. From what I am reading, he might well fit into the sociopathic range:
  • Narcissistic and grossly inflated view of their self-worth and importance
  • Lack of concern for the devastating effects their actions have on others
  • feelings of other people are of no concern
  • People are little more than objects to be used for their own gratification
  • Lie, deceive and manipulate
  • Impulsive acts
  • Short-tempered or hot-headed and tend to respond to frustration, failure, discipline and criticism with sudden violence, threats and verbal abuse
  • Lack of responsibility
A sociopath will cross any boundaries. It kind of feels like that about this guy to me.

Impulsive and opportunist decisions to gratify his sex drive, but entitled, grandiosity beliefs that he won't be caught, no remorse not even recognizing his own responsibility for his acts, blamed the victim's mother for beating her in that 2000 conviction......sounds very narcissitic to me too.

Sheriff Gore is being interviewed with Kimberly Hunt on KGTV 10.

They're wanting to do all this publicity to keep Chelsea's face and Gardner's face out there in case people saw him and can give tips.

They are focusing in the specific (south side) spot because that is where they found pieces of evidence.

He was charged with murder because the physical evidence was compelling, but ultimately it's a decision of the DA.

The experts in the field will tell him if they need to step down efforts, but they plan to make it this exhaustive for at least the bulk of this week.

Impulsive and opportunist decisions to gratify his sex drive, but entitled, grandiosity beliefs that he won't be caught, no remorse not even recognizing his own responsibility for his acts, blamed the victim's mother for beating her in that 2000 conviction......sounds very narcissitic to me too.

Are you guys pulling out the DSM III to diagnose this guy? These labels are only applied after careful consideration of much collected data (family case history, eduction, work history, offenses, support systems, etc.) After a carefully constructed case history is prepared then a licensed psychologist or social worker would then make a recommendation or apply a label. I did not take that job lightly...of course it is fun to throw those labels around but it is just not that simple because of the variables involved. Some people fit in many categories and as one former friend of mine used to say we all fit somewhere in the DSM III book.

There are three chances for rain this week. Tomorrow night, Thursday night, and the biggest coming Saturday night into Sunday when we should be getting another 1-2 inches of rain.

We'll see how and if this impacts searches - though it certainly didn't slow things down any on Saturday, now we're having searchers out knowing that they likely won't be finding her alive, but hopefully that doesn't hinder things.

I just pulled up the sex offender list of my hometown, a very small town, and there were dozens of men and even a few women. I don't know how many of them are bona fide rapists and how many were 18 and had a 17 year old girlfriend, etc. But I'm SHOCKED at the number of registered sex offenders here. It's at least 1% of the population. The younger brother of one of my best friends when I was a kid, the husband of my piano instructor, and even the guy my first girlfriend dumped me for. Wow, talk about feeling like a loser...getting dumped for a sex offender.
What scares me is that most states only list the high level offenders. Think how many "low level" offenders are out there. I just found out that states don't rank/categorize the offender the same.
ie...an offender just moved to my state...he was not assessed in my state yet which meant he wasn't listed on the offender site. But...his crime was so bad that they went ahead and put him on the county website (which they said wasn't totally legit) They informed our police chief (small town) who then informed the school BECAUSE he was living with a single mom and 2 kids. The county told the police chief it was okay because he wasn't assessed yet. Thankfully, child protective services was called. They immediately went to home and kicked him out. They said until he was assessed in our state that he was to be around no children at all and could not be on school property either. Sorry for long story. This just happened last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal