CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this one too...about 15 miles from Poway..

http://ramonasentinel.com/printFriendly.cfm?articleID=19609

Good find. Is this on TravelingBug's list being compiled? BBM

Teen thwarts possible trouble

Published 11/12/2009 - 10:30 a.m.

Sheriff’s deputies are giving Ramona schools additional patrol time after a high school student reported that a man tried to lure her into his car as she walked home from cheer practice last Wednesday.
The incident occurred near Keyser Road and Hanson Lane about 4:15 p.m., said sheriff’s Detective Barb Crozier at the Ramona Substation.
The student told the sheriff’s department that a man in a four-door black sedan told her to get in the car, that he would give her a ride home. She described him as white, heavy set, in his 20s, with crooked teeth and wearing a black shirt and thick-rimmed oval-shaped dark sunglasses.
When she told him no, he continued to follow her and tell her to get in the car, said Crozier. Afraid, the girl went to a nearby house and pretended she was talking to people she knew. No one was home.
When she left the house, he was waiting for her, and she told him, “I’m going to call the police,” said Crozier. The man left.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Crozier at the Ramona Substation, 760-789-9157.
After learning of the incident, school officials alerted school employees, including bus drivers, and Ramona High School Principal Tony Newman delivered an “all-call” phone message to parents, telling them a man tried to persuade a girl to get in his car. He outlined what had happened, including that more police cars are patrolling the school area, and he encouraged parents to talk to their children and tell them to be aware of their surroundings.
Merit Whitney, school district transportation supervisor, said bus drivers have been told of the incident and they continue to stay alert.
“Drivers are always on the lookout for suspicious things,” she said.

For those of you not in CA, these areas around San Diego (Rancho Beranardo, Poway, Escondido, Ramona) are within a few miles of each other. Lake Elsinore is a one hour drive north on the 15 freeway.

You are minimizing the bi-polar disorder it cant be viewed as just a mood disorder they are more facets to the disorder than just a mood. History of psychological disorders are quite important...and this is not a psychologist...this is a psychiatrist report (a doctor capable of diagnosing and medicating).

I personally have a family member who suffers from a form of bi-polar disorder. The disorder causes such a mess of her life with the ups/downs of severe depression and the maniac cyles...Without getting into speciifics I have to say this disorder prevents her from working, having relationships with people and being productive in society. She is often hospitalized and suffers severe anxiety prior to the manic cycles. While she is not a sexual offender she has had several LE encounters due to this conditon.

I appreciate your response. Thank you.

Bi-polar is a "mood disorder" by definition.

My point is that strictly from a legal standpoint it will not work as a defense. I do not mean to minimizing it as a very real disorder with devestating effects however, there is a big difference between being unproductive in society and murder/rape w/ special circumstances.

do we know or have we seen in any pix, on JG teeth??? are they crooked???

Updated: Mar 04, 2010 7:47 AM PST
A convicted sex offender charged Wednesday with murdering 17-year-old Chelsea King while raping or attempting to rape her was linked to the crime by DNA found in her clothing, a state Justice Department spokeswoman

Authorities Not Ready to Confirm Body Found is Chelsea King

District Attorney Spokesman Paul Levikow said Thursday that any evidence, including the identification of the body, will not be revealed until the preliminary hearing for the man accused of killing her.

The hearing is set for March 18.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-poway-missing,0,5645458.story
this is strange to wait so long for body ID isn't it? You would think they would at least release the ID??

on HLN a girl told LE that JG is the guy that almost got her and he had a GUN!!!

from the attempted abduction of a Lakeland Village girl in October 2009 and the disappearance and slaying of Chelsea King of San Diego County. At left is an artist sketch of the suspect in the Lakeland Village incident. At right is John Albert Gardner III, the suspect in the Chelsea King case.

Seems JAG has been a busy sicko.

View attachment 7805

More at:

http://www.pe.com/localnews/stories/PE_News_Local_W_websuspect.1da2f17.html

Busy, busy, busy. He got around too much for his own good.

District Attorney Spokesman Paul Levikow said Thursday that any evidence, including the identification of the body, will not be revealed until the preliminary hearing for the man accused of killing her.

Are they NOT sure its Chelsea?? I don't get why they won't confirm the identity of Chelsea until 2 weeks from now...weird. I mean in the Annie Lay (spelling) they confirmed right away. Are they doing this to give the parents time to digest and privacy?

Surely her parents can have her body before the 18th!
I would think the ID would have to be in by now.
It's not right for her parents and burial............geez

I've found JAG's mother, father, and stepfather, and also siblings and step siblings.

It's from a public record. Is it okay to publish here?

His mother's name has been published in the news.
I think we need a MOD to okay the family so we can sleuth on his home life.
Maybe we could use initials or mom/dad/sister.......no names.
MODS we need help, tell us what to do!!!.please

Good find. Is this on TravelingBug's list being compiled? BBM

Teen thwarts possible trouble

Published 11/12/2009 - 10:30 a.m.

Sheriff’s deputies are giving Ramona schools additional patrol time after a high school student reported that a man tried to lure her into his car as she walked home from cheer practice last Wednesday.
The incident occurred near Keyser Road and Hanson Lane about 4:15 p.m., said sheriff’s Detective Barb Crozier at the Ramona Substation.
The student told the sheriff’s department that a man in a four-door black sedan told her to get in the car, that he would give her a ride home. She described him as white, heavy set, in his 20s, with crooked teeth and wearing a black shirt and thick-rimmed oval-shaped dark sunglasses.
When she told him no, he continued to follow her and tell her to get in the car, said Crozier. Afraid, the girl went to a nearby house and pretended she was talking to people she knew. No one was home.
When she left the house, he was waiting for her, and she told him, “I’m going to call the police,” said Crozier. The man left.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Crozier at the Ramona Substation, 760-789-9157.
After learning of the incident, school officials alerted school employees, including bus drivers, and Ramona High School Principal Tony Newman delivered an “all-call” phone message to parents, telling them a man tried to persuade a girl to get in his car. He outlined what had happened, including that more police cars are patrolling the school area, and he encouraged parents to talk to their children and tell them to be aware of their surroundings.
Merit Whitney, school district transportation supervisor, said bus drivers have been told of the incident and they continue to stay alert.
“Drivers are always on the lookout for suspicious things,” she said.
when I read this all I think of is poor Amber.....

For those of you not in CA, these areas around San Diego (Rancho Beranardo, Poway, Escondido, Ramona) are within a few miles of each other. Lake Elsinore is a one hour drive north on the 15 freeway.

I might add that the drive between the two (Lake Elsinore and San Diego) on the 15 freeway is pretty desolate and rural land.

Sounds like the DA and LE are playing their cards close....... I'll bet the are hoping he'll give up information on other cases.

Facebook update from Chelsea's Light: "All San Diego based Clear Channel radio stations will be honoring Chelsea with a moment of silence today at 12:00 PM, which will be followed by one of her favorite songs. You can listen at AM: 1360 & 1700 or FM: 94.1, 105.3, 95.7, 93.3,101.5"

It's great to see the community come together. I just wish it didn't take such a tragedy to make it happen.

Also another interesting article: http://www.10news.com/news/22739867/detail.html
It details some of the character testimony given during sentencing in the 2000 molestation case. This sentence struck me: "A former high school girlfriend called him 'the one person who has made me feel completely safe in this world.'" Kinda creepy actually... Isn't that what sexual predators do? Make you feel safe before they do whatever horrible thing that they're going to do?

You have to wonder how that former girlfriend feels now that this has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member