CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's a preliminary case/incident timeline. What else should I add (I'll try to go in and add specific times, because I think there is a trend and it'll be helpful to track those)

Chelsea King (and related possible JAG incidents) Case Timeline

January 2008 - JAG registers as an RSO in Escondido (some gaps between this and January 7, 2010)

February 13, 2009 - Amber Dubois goes missing in Escondido (7:10 am) - (Escondido)

Fall 2009 - Incident of stalking at Jesmond Dene Park Escondido - reported with partial car plates to EPD - gold coloured car (Escondido)

September 24, 2009 - Attempted abduction in Wildomar/Lake Elsinore - black sedan (Lake Elsinore/Wildomar)

September 30, 2009 - Attempted abduction in Wildomar/Lake Elsinore area - black sedan (Lake Elsinore/Wildomar)

October 14, 2009 - Attempted abductionin Lake Elsinore (6 am) - black sedan (Lake Elsinore)

October 28, 2009 - Attempted kidnapping in Lake Elsinore - description and sketch match JAG (Lake Elsinore)

November 4, 2009 - Attempted kidnapping in Ramona (15 minutes from RB) - description of suspect matches JAG - black sedan (Ramona)

December 27, 2009 - Attack/attempted rape or kidnapping on Candice M in Rancho Bernado in the Westwood/Lake Hodges area (Rancho Bernardo)

January 7, 2010 - JAG changes his RSO address from Escondido to Lake Elsinore

February 25, 2010 - Stalking/attempted kidnapping near Bernardo Heights Middle School (Rancho Bernardo) - black sedan

February 25, 2010 - Chelsea King raped/killed in the south Lake Hodges/Westwood area (Rancho Bernardo)

February 28, 2010 - JAG arrested on the north side of Lake Hodges about 4 pm (Escondido)

March 2, 2010 - Chelsea King's body found on the south side of Lake Hodges near Westwood (Rancho Bernardo)

March 3, 2010 - JAG arraignment on murder with special circumstances and rape of Chelsea King

March 9, 2010 - JAG court - Status Hearing

March 18, 2010 - JAG court - Preliminary Hearing

I don't know if you want to add, per JAG's relative, that he was forced to leave his grandmother's house on Feb. 20 in Lake Elsinore. Sounds like he went to his mother's house.

Yes, that's useful. Did it say why he had to leave his GM's house?

I was going to do the timeline, but TB was already working on one, so no need to dup.

In regards to the media Ghostwheel and all, be very careful in taking reports as fact. More than once I've been on the news for a search where they're using footage of me and talking about something and I was never where they were talking about. I've even had them use old footage of me for a different case. In terms of what they say, they constantly get the facts mixed up, the sheriff will say what they need to and omit (not lie nec.) things to make them look better or keep things quiet. Sadly the media is not very realiable.

You're absoultely correct. I've been reading all sorts of interviews with people who "knew" him and it completely clashes with what I knew of him. I think a lot of people didn't know him, but think they did or just want to have something to say so they just cast him as a weirdo loner. Read the court documents of character witnesses. Someone posted an interview with a relative... When the relative says that he was the "life of the party goofball" that's really what he was. He didn't present himself as super creepo monster all the time and that is why this is so horrifying-- who can you really trust?

Ok, here's a preliminary case/incident timeline. What else should I add (I'll try to go in and add specific times, because I think there is a trend and it'll be helpful to track those)

January 2008 - JAG registers as an RSO in Escondido (some gaps between this and January 7, 2010)

February 13, 2009 - Amber Dubois goes missing in Escondido (7:10 am) - (Escondido)

Fall 2009 - Incident of stalking at Jesmond Dene Park Escondido - reported with partial car plates to EPD - gold coloured car (Escondido)

September 24, 2009 - Attempted abduction in Wildomar/Lake Elsinore - black sedan (Lake Elsinore/Wildomar)

September 30, 2009 - Attempted abduction in Wildomar/Lake Elsinore area - black sedan (Lake Elsinore/Wildomar)

October 14, 2009 - Attempted abductionin Lake Elsinore (6 am) - black sedan (Lake Elsinore)

October 28, 2009 - Attempted kidnapping in Lake Elsinore - description and sketch match JAG (Lake Elsinore)

November 4, 2009 - Attempted kidnapping in Ramona (15 minutes from RB) - description of suspect matches JAG - black sedan (Ramona)

December 27, 2009 - Attack/attempted rape or kidnapping on Candice M in Rancho Bernado in the Westwood/Lake Hodges area (Rancho Bernardo)

January 7, 2010 - JAG changes his RSO address from Escondido to Lake Elsinore

February 25, 2010 - Stalking/attempted kidnapping near Bernardo Heights Middle School (Rancho Bernardo) - black sedan

February 25, 2010 - Chelsea King raped/killed in the south Lake Hodges/Westwood area (Rancho Bernardo)

February 28, 2010 - JAG arrested on the north side of Lake Hodges about 4 pm (Escondido)

March 2, 2010 - Chelsea King's body found on the south side of Lake Hodges near Westwood (Rancho Bernardo)

March 3, 2010 - JAG arraignment on murder with special circumstances and rape of Chelsea King

March 9, 2010 - JAG court - Status Hearing

March 18, 2010 - JAG court - Preliminary Hearing

Thank you Taveling Bug! Simply hitting the "thanks" button wasn't enough! You did a great job!

Chelsea's parents had a brief interview on Larry King Live tonight and Larry asked if LE has told them the cause of death. They both nodded and said, "yes" they know how she died!

So the parents have been informed of the cause of death. The announcement that the there won't be a positive identification until the March 18th hearing is a big clue that there's a reason for withholding this from the public. I think it revolves around the investigation into other missing girls. Typically police withhold information that only the perp knows, and I wonder if that figures into this?
could it be this "elusive" knife and that possibly both Chelsea's AND Amber's DNA were found on it? Or maybe "older" blood that will take longer to process the DNA?

I heard yesterday that the ME is sealing the autopsy report - at least for now.

Yes, that's useful. Did it say why he had to leave his GM's house?

The relative didn't go into details but I guess his grandmother had to go into the hospital on the 17th and JAG went with her and came back to the house on the 19th and left for good on the 20th. I don't know if it had to do with his criminal record but it sounds like this relative wanted him out. Said that JAG got threatening with him and the Riverside sheriffs had to be called. It sounded like he could have gotten violent.

POWAY, Calif.—A public memorial is planned for Chelsea King, the Southern California teen allegedly killed by a convicted sex offender.
A family spokeswoman, Sara Muller Fraunces, announced Thursday that the King family has arranged a memorial to be held March 13 at Poway High School Stadium north of San Diego.

The spokeswoman says more details will be released later.

The 17-year-old King vanished last week after she went to a wilderness park near the city of Poway. On Tuesday, searchers found a body believed to be King's in a grave near a lake.

Sex offender John Albert Gardner III has been charged with murdering King, with a special circumstance of rape or attempted rape. He has pleaded not guilty in the potential death penalty case.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_14515291

I know we've gone over this before, but after studying the photos and map again, I don't see a trail or easy way to get from Hernandez Hideaway to the park. He had wet clothes on. He couldn't see the search of the critical area from there. Why did he go all the way over there? I WANT TO KNOW. :)

Note that this incident involved a gold sedan.

I agree bi-polar can be serious, dangerous and life-ruining...but i don't believe it qualifies as insanity. With current insanity guidelines, which are very narrow, not many defendants are able to get a jury on their side using this defense.

Mental illness and insanity are treated very differently by the courts and prosecution would be sure to have many witnesses showing the "normal" parts of this defendant if this is the route defense chooses to take.

I believe the fact that he buried Chelsea, will speak of his sanity. A crazy person doesn't know they're doing wrong and wouldn't even think of to bury a victim.

Besides, I feel his ALLEGED bi-polar condition is just a ruse. During the Groene case, we got the look into the inside of one of these sexual predators. The murderer blogged about it. Joseph Duncan learned to use the system and APPEAR to be normal, yet planning his next ................................whatever you would call it. He killed at will, and saved for another day a murder victim until he was done with them.

What I've seen in this case, two different doctors having entirely different diagnosis, to me, is the sign of a sociopath's work. He acts the way he is supposed to or the way EXPECTED, and then does whatever he wants, because he feels NOTHING, no remorse, no humanity, no heart!,.....he is just out for HIMSELF.

I could be wrong and I do not have any credentials to speak of, just IMHO.

FWIW,
fran

do you guys want a case calendar to fill in all the information?

I know we've gone over this before, but after studying the photos and map again, I don't see a trail or easy way to get from Hernandez Hideaway to the park. He had wet clothes on. He couldn't see the search of the critical area from there. Why did he go all the way over there? I WANT TO KNOW. :)

There isn't an easy way. He'd have to go all the way back around more through the main area near the park, cross the footbridge,and then all the way around the north shore quite a long distance.

It's very unlikely he did it on foot.

It's very unlikely it was the same day.

He could, however, see one area they were interested in from the area near the restaurant that particular day, and that's the area on my map near the Christmas Tree symbol - you can also see that area from the two cameras on my map that are near the Hernandez Hideaway restaurant.

At the time he was arrested, they had been choppering people in to that area further out to search, while the more intensive search was going on on the other side of the lake where she was ultimately found (some of those search photos are also on my flickr page linked in my sig - called waterfalls and searchers)

His clothes were only a bit wet from the knee down, and I truly feel it was from the north shore area just prior to his arrest in one of the areas the knife was rumored to be found in (marked with a red triangle exclamation mark on the map). I suspect we'll be hearing of other evidence (and probably not from this case) in that general area.

2000 - JAG sentenced to six years in jail

September 2005 - JAG released from prison after serving about 5 years

September 26, 2008 - JAG's parole ended

February 13, 2009 (Friday) - Amber Dubois goes missing in Escondido (7:10 am) - (Escondido)

September 24, 2009 (Thursday) - Attempted abduction in Wildomar/Lake Elsinore - black sedan (Lake Elsinore/Wildomar)

September 30, 2009 (Wednesday) - Attempted abduction in Wildomar/Lake Elsinore area - black sedan (Lake Elsinore/Wildomar)

October 14, 2009 (Wednesday) - Attempted abduction in Lake Elsinore (6 am) - black sedan (Lake Elsinore)

October 28, 2009 (Wednesday) - Attempted kidnapping in Lake Elsinore (7:10 am - gun) - description and sketch match JAG (Lake Elsinore)

November 4, 2009 (Wednesday) - Attempted kidnapping in Ramona (15 minutes from RB) - description of suspect matches JAG - black sedan (Ramona)

December 27, 2009 (Sunday) - Attack/attempted rape or kidnapping in Rancho Bernado in the Westwood/Lake Hodges area (Rancho Bernardo)

January 7, 2010 (Thursday) - JAG changes his RSO address from Escondido to Lake Elsinore

January 30, 2010 (Saturday) - JAG stopped by Riverside police for lack of registration and proof of insurance

February 20, 2010 (Saturday) - JAG forced to leave Lake Elsinore house (per relative) - back to Westwood address

February 25, 2010 (Thursday) - Stalking/attempted kidnapping near Bernardo Heights Middle School (Rancho Bernardo) - black sedan

February 25, 2010 (Thursday) - Chelsea King raped/killed in the south Lake Hodges/Westwood area (Rancho Bernardo)

February 28, 2010 (Sunday) - JAG arrested on the north side of Lake Hodges about 4 pm (Escondido)

March 2, 2010 (Tuesday) - Chelsea King's body found on the south side of Lake Hodges near Westwood (Rancho Bernardo)

March 3, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2:30 pm JAG arraignment on murder with special circumstances and rape of Chelsea King

March 9, 2010 (Tuesday) - JAG court - Status Hearing

March 13, 2010 (Saturday) - Memorial for Chelsea King at Poway High School stadium (Poway)

March 18, 2010 (Tuesday) - JAG court - Preliminary Hearing

LOTS of information....JAG had a gold Pontiac until it was recently crashed. He drives girlfriend's (that's right...) black Honda Civic.

JAG had convinced relatives that the 2000 incident wasn't "true..." Listen to JAG'S logic????

Here's the link to the interview.

http://www.kfi640.com/mediaplayer/?...demand&item=17950831&feed_name=JohnandKen.xml

Your wonderful for bringing this our way. I enjoyed that 45 min interview so much I have to post this now then read what everybody had to say. Thanks!

So you're thinking he went (back) there to deal with other evidence? Interesting.

I thought the paper today said the knife was found near the panties. No?

So you're thinking he went (back) there to deal with other evidence? Interesting.

I thought the paper today said the knife was found near the panties. No?

We've heard conflicting things. And they still won't confirm if that's even related.

Yeah, I think he may have ditched other evidence on the other side or checked on evidence he had there from another case (maybe Amber or...?) Just my thought.

LOTS of information....JAG had a gold Pontiac until it was recently crashed. He drives girlfriend's (that's right...) black Honda Civic.

JAG had convinced relatives that the 2000 incident wasn't "true..." Listen to JAG'S logic????

Here's the link to the interview.

http://www.kfi640.com/mediaplayer/?...demand&item=17950831&feed_name=JohnandKen.xml

Wow that is incredible...answers alot of things...confirms alot of hunches I had...with the mother knowing the truth about his offense that occurred with the neighbor girl that sent him to prison. It also shows how once the family knew what was going on the relative that called in to the radio show showed concern and interest in doing the right thing and clearing the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver