CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong, but I believe he tied up the old man BEFORE he shot the cops. He apparently went to San Diego after he shot the young couple on Sunday night. But I cannot pinpoint the time.

And that alone is the reason I don't think he was going to Mexico, via boat or otherwise...he had not yet started with the big targets; just Quan. He has 40+ more folks on his list...

No, he is not heading to Mexico. He's headed back to LA...

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

Anyone think he might have been doing steroids? He certainly has bulked up.....

And it would explain a lot of the rage....

I thought the same thing... And won't be surprised if there are steroids in his system...

JMO

I hope he doesn't kill/kidnap anybody to get their car. Hopefully he'll just steal a parked car.

I agree that he is not ready to give up and head to Mexico yet. He is too determined and sick to give up this quick.

I wonder why he set his truck on fire? It could have remained unnoticed for quite awhile if he hadn't lit it up. That is odd, imo.

Somebody tied the old man up. And I bet they found his prints on the boat. I think it was true. He was in the LA Harbor patrol when he was a cop. So it makes sense that he would go to the water since he knows it so well.

I am really surprised he got the ropes wrapped around the propeller though. He must be really nervous and anxious.

He was in Harbor Division not Harbor patrol. Harbor Div. services San Pedro, Wilmington, Harbor Gateway, the Harbor patrol services the docks and water, 5 years ago when I still lived there they were different Divisions. But he was in the Navy so that would explain the boat.

I will say this...it will be a very scary night here in the area. Very scary.

I worry that when I wake, there will be other officers killed, or their families killed. I don't think he stayed up there...I think he came back down somehow...

Like I said way early in this thread, this is starting to feel a bit like the end game of the Night Stalker time...tense, tense, tense.

Best-
Herding Cats

I feel the same way. He could very well be up on the mountain hiding out but my anxiety is telling me he's sneaking around town. It's not a good feeling :(

So that the focus of this thread can be on following the status of Christopher J. Dorner... Should we consider opening another thread for those that wish to discuss the event that happened in Torrance this morning?

Just a thought...

If he could find transport, All he has to do is catch the I-15 and he could be at the border in 3 hours. It certainly isn't a stretch, and I hope the border patrol is keeping an eye out.

View attachment 29651

Mel
I think after the boat incident they went on high alert. Probably even before that.

Regarding whether or not he was really heading towards Mexico:

I tend to agree with the idea that he volunteered that falsely. He hasn't shared tactical details with anyone we know of yet, I doubt he'd tie a man up and let him know what direction to send LE. I would say wherever he was heading was the opposite of Mexico.

He was about 15 minutes from the Mexican border when he stole the boat from the old man at the San Diego Harbor. So it is very puzzling that he went so far in the other direction.

But maybe he thought that a 6 ft tall, 260 lb muscle built black man was going to be a bit too noticeable in Mexico. Ya think?

I think Vegas is a good guess.

The road to Vegas though is so visible to cops and helicopters -- there's no hiding once you get out in the desert. No place to hide and nowhere to go. I'd be suprised if he even made it all the way there before being pounced on.

He could certainly blend in in Vegas -- I just pray he doesn't get that far. I bet LE is all over that route!

I sure hope he's off the street before morning. I'll be praying!

MOO

Mel

I hope he doesn't kill/kidnap anybody to get their car. Hopefully he'll just steal a parked car.

I agree that he is not ready to give up and head to Mexico yet. He is too determined and sick to give up this quick.

I wonder why he set his truck on fire? It could have remained unnoticed for quite awhile if he hadn't lit it up. That is odd, imo.

I think it was a diversion. I thought I saw me toon of tracks in the snow that stopped suddenly. (Or i may just be making things up at this point). While they were looking for him in SD, he lit the car on fire and either stole a car or, worse, carjacked someone. Now everyone is searching the mountain and he's who knows where just waiting.
M.anxiousO.O.

Assuming he's in big bear, why would he light his car on fire? Any ideas? Man, my head is all over the place right now :/

Katy, he may have hijacked the boat, but I don't believe he'd take it to Mexico. Does anyone know if he tried to hijack the boat before he shot at the officers or after? I'm confused with that point.

Best-
Herding Cats

He was in the San Diego area before he hit the Corona/Riverside area...

WSers... Correct me if I am wrong...

And that alone is the reason I don't think he was going to Mexico, via boat or otherwise...he had not yet started with the big targets; just Quan. He has 40+ more folks on his list...

No, he is not heading to Mexico. He's headed back to LA...

Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

I still think his Grand Finale will be in Los Angeles since that is where his major angst originates...

JMO

I am very disturbed by this story. First, he killed innocent people who had nothing to do with his situation. Second is the amount of people who seem to think he is justified for what he is doing (not here but on other sites) and see nothing wrong with it because, as they say, the system is corrupt and karma's a b****. I just can't even comprehend that people think it is okay?? Did I miss something?? I read the whole manifesto and still do not see anything that excuses these killings....

I'm beginning to think he murdered someone and took their car. And they won't be missed for a while...either a loner in a cabin or a vacationer at Big Bear who is due to be there until Sunday or something along those lines.

He ditched the car for sure, and yes, I saw those prints too. I don't know that the ending of them so abruptly is anything other than the fact that it's spotty snow, not fully covered in snow, and he may have jumped onto the dirt and masked his tracks that way.

And again, I agree that his locus is Los Angeles...and it will be a big, big thing that goes off. I've heard some rumors (because I can't confirm them, and it was early in the day) that he has some sort of shoulder weapon - hinting that it was some sort of rocket or missle. I don't know if it is true...and I sure don't want it to be true. But it's been talked about on some of the larger media outlets here, so I just don't know.

This guy is a very dangerous individual...and this will not end quietly.

And then there is the other thought...wasn't there someone who hid out for years in the south part of the US, who was accused of a bombing? (The Olympic bombing, iirc). He may be doing something like that...hiding out, expecting to hide for years...

Ugh.

BTW, I hadn't seen this mentioned, but the officers who were shot and are alive were shot from a moving vehicle, and they firmly believe that the officers were following Dorner and he just let loose through his own car. It is a huge blessing that they were not killed. And that tells me that he will not be taken alive...he will shoot on sight any officers he sees and can do it and get away.

Big ugh.

Best-
Herding Cats

I might be wrong, but I believe he tied up the old man BEFORE he shot the cops. He apparently went to San Diego after he shot the young couple on Sunday night. But I cannot pinpoint the time.
Condensed timeline with LA Times headlines:
Timeline per http://timelines.latimes.com/statewide-manhunt-ex-lapd-officer/

Feb. 3, 2013
Two found shot to death in car at Irvine parking garage

Feb. 4, 2013
9:30 a.m.
‘Police equipment’ found in National City

Feb. 5, 2013
Fugitive cop stayed in San Diego this week; military bases on alert

Feb. 6, 2013
8:02 p.m.
Manifesto posted

Feb. 6, 2013
8:14 p.m.
Identified as suspect in Quan/Lawrence killing

Feb. 6, 2013
10:30 p.m.
Tried to steal boat, flee to Mexico

Feb. 7, 2013
1:45 a.m.
LAPD officer shot in Corona

Feb. 7, 2013
1:46 a.m.
Hunt for ex-cop in shootings of 3 officers; 1 killed

Feb. 7, 2013
2:00 a.m.
Briefcase and LAPD badge found in San Diego

Feb. 7, 2013
5:20 a.m
Women delivering papers shot by police

Feb. 7, 2013
5:45 a.m.
Torrance shooting

Feb. 7, 2013
9:00 a.m.
Search for suspect expanded statewide, into Nevada

Feb. 7, 2013
12:25 p.m.
Burning pick-up in Big Bear may be linked to ex-cop wanted for murder

And then there is the other thought...wasn't there someone who hid out for years in the south part of the US, who was accused of a bombing? (The Olympic bombing, iirc).

Respectfully snipped

Eric Rudolph spent five years hiding from the FBI but he had significant support from his family. His brother chopped off his left hand to "send a message". :what:

I don't think and fervently hope that Dorner does not have this kind of fanatical support.:please:

My police reports from several agencies on my cell phone have been going crazy all day.

I'm in agreement with whoever said he hijacked another vehicle. I don't think he's up in Big Bear anymore, I think he's long gone.

And I also agree his big showdown is going to be in Los Angeles somewhere. It's where he feels his got mistreated and where he lost his job.

Scary that he was planning on killer every fellow officer and their families of anyone who was involved in the hearings surrounding his termination.

It's obvious this guy is a sandwich short of a picnic. IMO

Respectfully snipped

Eric Rudolph spent five years hiding from the FBI but he had significant support from his family. His brother chopped off his left hand to "send a message". :what:

I don't think and fervently hope that Dorner does not have this kind of fanatical support.:please:

Yes he hid out in the woods of NC and TN for 5 yrs. and raided the small surrounding towns for food. Many thought he had help from his family and some of the town people who distrusted the gov.

CSZiggy, yes, that's the one I was thinking of. No, I doubt Dorner has the support (despite the very strange postings he's been the subject of [not here, elsewhere]). But I also think he has had 2 years to plan this out...and that he may have been putting things into place for a while...and can survive well on his own for a long, long time.

Dorner's truck in Big Bear was confirmed to be his. No more question there.

In looking at the timeline, he's got to be exhausted now, and will be resting/sleeping. To do this, he needs to be hidden well...and I believe he is. He is also likely back down in the LA area. Where here? Dunno...but I think his truck was diversionary, and that he likely holed up and slept for a few hours after the Torrence officers' shootings this morning...probably drove up to Big Bear, put the truck where it was to be found later, maybe lit a delayed ignition explosion so the truck wouldn't burn right away (which would buy him some time), and either came back then or later.

Regardless, he's been running for at least 24 hours...and that will have exhausted him. He is sleeping now. It's still early here - only about 8:15 pm. And if he drove directly to Big Bear after the Torrance incident, it was at most a 2 1/2 hour drive (at MOST, with lots of traffic) but more likely less than 2 hours' drive.

That would put him in Big Bear at 7:30 or so. So for his truck to be burning at 2:30, gives him more than enough time to get some rest and food...a good 6 hours. And that's if he lit the car at 2:30 and didn't do a delayed ignition thing.

He could be anywhere...but I think he's here in LA.

Best-
Herding Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members