CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I'd be so surprised if the truck was towed in the old fashioned way. I would think it was carefully placed on a flatbed truck, and taken that way. Anyone know?
They probably photographed it in, out, under and over. I would think before transport they would have know if the axle was broken. (Looking it over carefully for bombs, evidence, etc.) JMO

I agree that is how things should have been done.
If they don't know if the axle was broken... that is a huge piece of the puzzle they missed getting.
However, you would also think they would verify identity before shooting into two vehicles that were not threatening them.
The cops are not exactly acting like they normally would right now. Nobody is. :twocents:

The cops who just started shooting could be in as bad a mental illness as Dorner. How can they be allowed to go back to their jobs after attacking and shooting citizens.

IMO they should not go back to work...EVER!! jmo

In everything I read everyone talks about how he has said a man is nothing without his name. Kind of wish people would stop using his name.

Photo of Dorner's truck hitched to what appears to be a wrecker:

http://blog.pe.com/crime-blotter/2013/02/09/dorner-manhunt-weapons-camping-gear-reportedly-in-truck/

Photo #37 in the gallery -- Dorner's truck.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...x-lapd-officer-pictures,0,268116.photogallery

These photos appear to have been taken at the Irvine destination, IMO.

ETA: Upon further examination, I can't determine where the photos were taken. The lighting makes me think they may have been taken near Big Bear.

ETA: Looking at the shoes of LE in the photo, I think it was taken at Big Bear. I'm going with my original theory that the truck was pulled from the scene by a wrecker and placed on a flatbed for transport to Irvine. The broken axle could have occurred after the fact of its abandonment.

Could he be continually switching vehicles and phones by ,,,,,, I hate to say this ,,, breaking into homes, killing the inhabitants and taking their phone and car to the next location. I mean , it's been 5 days now? So especially up there in the snowy areas, it could be people do not realize someone is MIA for a few days and they haven't heard from them OR not even killing them but perhaps hostage style where he is letting them answer their phone and say ' oh yeah im fine ' to their friends so no one is alarmed yet. It is good to know that a LOT of his weapons went down with the truck, but it's a far from safe situation still.

Five days is a long time. I'm leaning towards he may be dead in that snow. He's mighty quiet if he's still out there.

First person account from Big Bear.

CAUTION: Contains "offensive" language.

I thought I was in for a real treat. "Take the baby and go into town for a couple of hours for a long lunch," my boyfriend Jeff was saying on the other end of the phone line. "I'll buy."

Something certainly seemed strange. I explained that I didn't really have time for a leisurely lunch in the village, that's what we call the quaint little shopping and restaurant area in downtown Big Bear Lake. I thanked him kindly. But he insisted.

Then, very calmly, he explained why. The manhunt for Christopher Dorner, the man who was suspected of killing an Irvine couple two days prior and a police officer in the early morning hours of that day, had moved to Big Bear.

And not just Big Bear in general, but specifically walking distance from our house in Big Bear. Geographically, we were the closest full-time residents to where Dorner's truck was found. And I was home alone with a toddler with the doors unlocked.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/02/christopher_jordan_dorner_big.php

Gosh, I'd be so surprised if the truck was towed in the old fashioned way. I would think it was carefully placed on a flatbed truck, and taken that way. Anyone know?
They probably photographed it in, out, under and over. I would think before transport they would have know if the axle was broken. (Looking it over carefully for bombs, evidence, etc.) JMO
Those flatbed trucks have a weight limit and if his truck was over a certain size and weight could not have carried it.

Once when my GMC Suburban 2500 (3/4 ton) truck broke down AAA sent a flatbed truck to pick it up. Once my truck was onboard, the bed of the flatbed was resting ON the tires! They had to unload my truck and send for a heavier weight tow truck.

The real irritant was that AAA had already sent a light weight tow truck out, then the flatbed, then the heavy duty tow truck. Later I got a bill from AAA for three tows on the same day since they only cover one tow a day. I had to go round and round with them about why three tow trucks were sent out, two of which could not do the job when I had TOLD them on the initial call the size of the truck that needed to be towed!

I'm not familiar with Nissan Titan trucks, so they may not weigh as much, but the descriptions I see online (at Edmunds.com) indicate they are equivalent to domestic full sized pickups.

JMO

When I first started hearing his story, I said he ought to hook up w/Jodi Arias, they'd make a dream couple-they could annihilate each other...

Those flatbed trucks have a weight limit and if his truck was over a certain size and weight could not have carried it.

Once when my GMC Suburban 2500 (3/4 ton) truck broke down AAA sent a flatbed truck to pick it up. Once my truck was onboard, the bed of the flatbed was resting ON the tires! They had to unload my truck and send for a heavier weight tow truck.

The real irritant was that AAA had already sent a light weight tow truck out, then the flatbed, then the heavy duty tow truck. Later I got a bill from AAA for three tows on the same day since they only cover one tow a day. I had to go round and round with them about why three tow trucks were sent out, two of which could not do the job when I had TOLD them on the initial call the size of the truck that needed to be towed!

I'm not familiar with Nissan Titan trucks, so they may not weigh as much, but the descriptions I see online (at Edmunds.com) indicate they are equivalent to domestic full sized pickups.

JMO

Specs for 2005 Nissan Titan (I think his truck is a 2005 model, but that is from my sometimes faulty memory):

curb weight (lbs) 4,808

http://www.internetautoguide.com/13-12-2005-59-1425/2005-nissan-titan-specifications.html

"Curb weight" is an estimated value including a full tank of fuel, standard options, no passengers or cargo.

Man hunt for ex-soldier who shot police chief's daughter and killed policeman

POLICE plan to use spy drones in the hunt for a Rambo-style ex-soldier and policeman who has murdered three people and vowed to kill again.

full article at link ................... http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-police-chief-s-daughter-and-killed-policeman

LAPD is not using drones to hunt Dorner

This was repeated by all MSM yesterday. In addition, the article also discusses the ND case where they were used.

I don't think he is talking on any phones because he doesnt have anyone to talk to, imo.

But I do think he is wanting to watch TV and read the news.

The perp wants media attention and exoneration for his being wrongfully fired from the LAPD. What better way to entice him to come out from hiding but to provide him with a sham heart-to-heart talk on Anderson Cooper? AC is one of his heroes, according to his Manifesto, so let him talk to AC. He's not going to kill AC, I don't believe.

One thing that bugs the heck out of me is that the LAPD chief says it was not to appease the perp as they are now re-investigating his firing. To me, that is REWARDING this sociopath. Why not make a bargain with the perp that AFTER he surrenders, THEN they will investigate his firing? Why just make concessions without gaining anything in return? Makes zero sense.

i don't believe he has a Cell phone , That's the most easy way to be tracked. And yes Even "Off".It's a big GPS tool.He' knows better.

There are literally gazillions of people with cellphones. How would they know which cellphone pinging off a tower is his if he didn't register it under his real name? :waitasec:

Could he be continually switching vehicles and phones by ,,,,,, I hate to say this ,,, breaking into homes, killing the inhabitants and taking their phone and car to the next location. I mean , it's been 5 days now? So especially up there in the snowy areas, it could be people do not realize someone is MIA for a few days and they haven't heard from them OR not even killing them but perhaps hostage style where he is letting them answer their phone and say ' oh yeah im fine ' to their friends so no one is alarmed yet. It is good to know that a LOT of his weapons went down with the truck, but it's a far from safe situation still.

Five days is a long time. I'm leaning towards he may be dead in that snow. He's mighty quiet if he's still out there.

I have entertained a similar thought -- doing the old switcharoos with the cars and homes. But I don't think he's killing inhabitants as their murders and sudden disappearances in their neighborhoods would have been discovered over the course of 5-6 days now. I think he figured out which homes are vacant -- vacation/winter homes for instance -- and broke into them and are slumbering there, waiting for his next move. Then again, most peeps have housesitters or at least regular housekeepers to maintain their homes so I'm not sure. Hmm... Perhaps he figured out a way to be undetected while staying in homes with sporadic housekeeping staff.

Most likely though, he has a bunker or shed somewhere in a secluded area that he constructed just for his nefarious vindictive mission. He likely has a few vehicles which he exchanges every now and then to prevent easy identification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela